Last Name
Brann
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KJ6W0A
Hi everyone,

Riley here from Capitola, CA.

I have a 2017 Tacoma and a 97 Jeep XJ.

Looking to do some more adventures this summer. Just got back from a 4 day trip from Wellington, NV to Bodie, CA. Super fun trip with the wife and dogs. Fairly new to "Overlanding" but a long time off-roader both in trucks and dirt bikes.

I hope to meet some of you folks and if you are in the Central Coast area send me a message!

View attachment 101579View attachment 101580
Welcome to Overland Bound!

Check the forum calendar and Meet-Up page for events, and the Trip Planning page for trips being planned by members.

Overland Bound Meetups

If you have any questions message me,your Regional Director ,on the forum at @Narbob

138.gen

Rank II
Launch Member

Contributor III

Des Moines, IA, USA
First Name
Gentaro
Last Name
Sath
Member #

Hello, my name is Gentaro, member #18271. I am from Southern CA but currently live in Central IA. I enjoy road trips, tent camping, fishing, exploring and just being in the great outdoors in general but new to the overland lifestyle in regards to vehicle modifications, equipment, and experience of actually being miles and miles off a paved road out in the middle of no where. One thing is for sure, I find a sense of peace when I connect with nature and the outdoors and I long for more of it. I just recently bought a 2007 Honda Pilot EX-L 4WD and have been wanting to make it more suitable for all-terrain and off-road use. I’ve been interested in overlanding knowledge for some time but never knew where to start until I learned about this community. I’d like to learn as much I can about outfitting my vehicle and equipment to ensure safe travel and reliability through my adventures into the great outdoors with my family and kids. Ready to learn and take in as much knowledge as I can. Glad to be a part of the community. ADVENTURE IS NECESSARY! 101662

Hatman42

Rank 0

Traveler I

East Bay, California, USA
First Name
Ian
Last Name
Goldstein
Hi everybody!

I'm a proud owner of a 2004 Dodge Ram 2500. It's got front and rear posi differentials and so far serves as a family camping rig, and toting my dr650 to and from trails. I'm located just east of California's San Francisco by about an hour. The original goal was to tote a travel trailer, but the wife and little girl (4 years) are happy tent camping and I'm going to ride that out as long as I can.

I've got just about zero experience when it comes to overland type stuff, but I sure do like to watch the youtube about it. I've been camping a whole lot and usually tag along as moral supports on various hunts. I'm hoping to find myself tagging along sooner than later on any adventure where I can fit this beast of a vehicle.

Thanks!

Attachments

CascadeTraveler

Rank I
Launch Member

Contributor II

Lynnwood, WA, USA
First Name
Joe
Last Name
Ulman
Member #

[emoji173]️these photos!!! What size tires are those & did you have to use any chains in the snow?
35x12.5 KM2s, I don't use chains on snow, they generally only help when there is ice. Low pressure is the key to snow, I can run single digit pressure with the beadlocks.

Reactions: ❤️Lovey❤️

Jedi

Rank VI
Staff member
Launch Member

Off-Road Ranger I

Arlington, WA, USA
First Name
Brie
Last Name
McClory
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K6JDI
Hello All,

My Name is Joe
Rigs: 2000 Jeep XJ, rides about 1" over stock with stiffer springs Tire carrier bumper and Tepui tent.
1994 Jeep YJ 2" Lift High Fenders... Work in progress I have axles and tires from my old XJ that will end up in the YJ.
Experience. I've done quite a bit of camping and wheeling. My wife and i have lived out of the Xj for a night up to a week. We vary between ultralight trips with backpacking gear and fully loaded kitchen sink trips.

View attachment 101543View attachment 101545

Old XJ
View attachment 101547
Hiya Joe, and welcome to Overland Bound! It sounds like you have a great deal of experience adventuring with a beautiful family of Jeeps... There are a number of great overlanding events occurring throughout the PNW, so I recommend checking out the Overland Bound NorthWest Region forum [link] for meetups and to get to know your neighbors. Coming up in just a few days (Friday, June 7th) is the monthly NW Washington Reoccurring Meet-up [link] organized by @Gabriel Bozeman and held in Burlington, WA, it would be great if you could come out and say hi. Of course, a large number of the members are going to be at the Northwest Overland Rally [link] held in Plain, WA at the end of June. Events are also posted on the Rally Point system [link], so you might want to check that out as well.

I look forward to seeing you out there! If you need anything, feel free to hit me up on the forums: @Jedi.

Reactions: Gabriel Bozeman

Jedi

Rank VI
Staff member
Launch Member

Off-Road Ranger I

Arlington, WA, USA
First Name
Brie
Last Name
McClory
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K6JDI
Howdy fellow OL's , excited to be here!!!

Rig: 2019 Subaru Outback
Experience: Always been into the outdoors, this is just another way to enjoy it!

View attachment 101611
Welcome to Overland Bound, @JeffnMar. What part of Oregon are you from? If you're in the western side of the state, you might want to hook up with @Roy & Kristin Zirpoli, as they are actively organizing frequent outings and get togethers. No matter where you are, there are a number of great overlanding events occurring throughout the PNW. I highly recommend heading over to the Overland Bound NorthWest Region forum [link] to find out what is going on and to get to know your neighbors. Events are also posted on the Rally Point system [link], so you might want to check that out as well.

I look forward to seeing you out there! If you need anything, feel free to hit me up on the forums: @Jedi.

Gabriel Bozeman

Rank V
Launch Member

Traveler II

Oak Harbor, WA, USA
First Name
Gabriel
Last Name
Bozeman
Member #

Hi all, I am new here. I have been out of jeeping for a while to raise a family. Dont even have what would consider an overland vehicle. But I'm in the market to purchase a new jeep. Doing my research to determine which route to go. Love to pick everyone's brains on ideas. Looking forward to the journey
Welcome from up North (Whidbey Island)! Bremerton is a great base for all the Olympic Peninsula. Make sure to check out the regional forums for events and meet ups. Also, check the Member Map on the site to see who is near you! If you have any questions, feel free to PM me!

Gabriel Bozeman

Rank V
Launch Member

Traveler II

Oak Harbor, WA, USA
First Name
Gabriel
Last Name
Bozeman
Member #

My name is Lawrence, I am from the Bremerton area. I dont have a vehicle....yet. Looking to buy a new jeep and see where it takes me. Hoping to learn from all of you as a make these upcoming decisions. Looking forward to it!
Jeeps are always good options. Let us know if you need any help deciding!

Gabriel Bozeman

Rank V
Launch Member

Traveler II

Oak Harbor, WA, USA
First Name
Gabriel
Last Name
Bozeman
Member #

Hello All,

My Name is Joe
Rigs: 2000 Jeep XJ, rides about 1" over stock with stiffer springs Tire carrier bumper and Tepui tent.
1994 Jeep YJ 2" Lift High Fenders... Work in progress I have axles and tires from my old XJ that will end up in the YJ.
Experience. I've done quite a bit of camping and wheeling. My wife and i have lived out of the Xj for a night up to a week. We vary between ultralight trips with backpacking gear and fully loaded kitchen sink trips.

View attachment 101543View attachment 101545

Old XJ
View attachment 101547
Welcome Joe! Awesome rigs! If you can make it, there is a meet up (Like Jedi said) in Burlington the first Friday of every month from 4-5 between the AMC and the highway. I won't be at this months event, but will be in the future. If you have any questions, feel free to PM me!

CascadeTraveler

Rank I
Launch Member

Contributor II

Lynnwood, WA, USA
First Name
Joe
Last Name
Ulman
Member #

Welcome Joe! Awesome rigs! If you can make it, there is a meet up (Like Jedi said) in Burlington the first Friday of every month from 4-5 between the AMC and the highway. I won't be at this months event, but will be in the future. If you have any questions, feel free to PM me!
@Jedi @Gabriel Bozeman Wish I could make it, I'll be off work and heading that direction to go camping at Diablo Lake. Unfortunately my wife doesn't get off work early enough for me to make it. If things change and timing works out I will try to swing by.

Rogerrover

Rank IV
Launch Member

Benefactor

PNW Cloverdale Oregon
First Name
Roger
Last Name
Titus
Member #

Rogerrover here up on the flight line.
Fron the PNW in the PDX
I have been overlanding in my **@#$%$# pride and joy. A 2003 Land Rover Discovery 2.COVER_IMAGE8584963176511015553.jpg

I took her in as a trade for my 1965 Plymouth Valiant/Barracuda Hemi under Glass Tribute restomod. She was a plain jane run of the mill.

After a year of chasing parts. Learning how to mount a snorkle, troubleshooting a bazzilion codes and designing and installing graphics. Adding a tepui tent and modding out the interior to live in. She now turns a few heads here and there.

The reasoning behind my graphics is to promote light to moderate overlanding. I have MS. and suffer from PTSD. Many of my fellow Veterans suffer as well. So i created msoverlanderusa.com

I have bought a lot of toys and equipment in order to be able to get others out and enjoy nature. I have been lucky enough to help a few brothers break out of thier homes and get into the fun.

Its been a couple years and i have bought a second Land Rover Discovery, a 2002.

Hopefully with the grace of god my MS stays in remission so i can continue Rogers Challenge, Adventure USA.

Gabriel Bozeman

Rank V
Launch Member

Traveler II

Oak Harbor, WA, USA
First Name
Gabriel
Last Name
Bozeman
Member #

Rogerrover here up on the flight line.
Fron the PNW in the PDX
I have been overlanding in my **@#$%$# pride and joy. A 2003 Land Rover Discovery 2.View attachment 101739

I took her in as a trade for my 1965 Plymouth Valiant/Barracuda Hemi under Glass Tribute restomod. She was a plain jane run of the mill.

After a year of chasing parts. Learning how to mount a snorkle, troubleshooting a bazzilion codes and designing and installing graphics. Adding a tepui tent and modding out the interior to live in. She now turns a few heads here and there.

The reasoning behind my graphics is to promote light to moderate overlanding. I have MS. and suffer from PTSD. Many of my fellow Veterans suffer as well. So i created msoverlanderusa.com

I have bought a lot of toys and equipment in order to be able to get others out and enjoy nature. I have been lucky enough to help a few brothers break out of thier homes and get into the fun.

Its been a couple years and i have bought a second Land Rover Discovery, a 2002.

View attachment 101741

Hopefully with the grace of god my MS stays in remission so i can continue Rogers Challenge, Adventure USA.
Welcome and awesome Discos! Real inspiration! Make sure to check out the Member Map for local members and the Regional forums for events and meet ups! If you have any questions, feel free to PM me!

Prerunner1982

Local Expert, Oklahoma USA
Launch Member

Member III

Navina, Oklahoma
First Name
Jon
Last Name
B
Member #

Hello Moses (@OtherOrb), welcome from Oklahoma. Hopefully you can join our weekly Echolink net.
More info on the net is in my signature and if you aren't familiar with Echolink hopefully this will help: Echolink App

You are in the Southwest Region. Check out the Southwest Region sub-forum for local information and involvement opportunities.

Here is the link to the forum calendar and Meet-Up event page: Overland Bound Meetups
Or to check out what other members are planning go here: Overland Trip Planning

I am the SW Region Member Rep so if you have any questions let me know.

Reactions: OtherOrb

OtherOrb

Rank V
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

Flagstaff, AZ
First Name
Moses
Last Name
H
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KE7QIF
Hello Moses (@OtherOrb), welcome from Oklahoma. Hopefully you can join our weekly Echolink net.
More info on the net is in my signature and if you aren't familiar with Echolink hopefully this will help: Echolink App
Thanks!

I'll check this out. I let my license lapse as I had been too busy to make use of it. Circumstances have changed dramatically so I renewed my license last night. The Echolink database is not yet synced with the FCC database. Maybe I'll be able to register with Echolink tomorrow, but I won't be able to join for at least a couple of weeks as I'm traveling for work. (Huh....maybe I am still a little busy.)

AJK2015

Rank I
Launch Member

Member I

New Hampshire
First Name
Chris
Member #

Hi Everyone,
My Name is Chris, I live in New Hampshire, USA
Rig: 2015 Jeep Wrangler - 2 door
Overlanding Experience Background - None as of yet, I'm planning a 2 week trip from NH to South Dakota later this summer. 2 Adults, 2 toddlers, Should be fun!

I just took delivery of a Roof rack & a hitch mount cargo carrier. Waiting on the Roof Top Tent to ship so I can start prepping!

Attachments

DignTRDoffRoad

Rank III
Launch Member

Member III

Alabama
Member #

Hi Everyone,
My Name is Chris, I live in New Hampshire, USA
Rig: 2015 Jeep Wrangler - 2 door
Overlanding Experience Background - None as of yet, I'm planning a 2 week trip from NH to South Dakota later this summer. 2 Adults, 2 toddlers, Should be fun!

I just took delivery of a Roof rack & a hitch mount cargo carrier. Waiting on the Roof Top Tent to ship so I can start prepping!
Awesome family trip, be safe , have fun, and Welcome

Rambin Fever Overland

Rank I
Launch Member

Contributor I

Pennsburg, PA, USA
First Name
Mike
Last Name
Harrington
Member #

Hi, Mike here. My wife, Jess, and our two kids, Luke and Kathryn, comprise Ramblin Fever Overland. We are relatively new to the overland community. While I have done my share of off roading and backpacking, we have little experience combining the two. We are excited by the possibilities and we look forward to the journey ahead.

Our rig build is in the early stages but I have put a great deal of thought and research into the project already. I greatly appreciate all the content creators out there who contribute there experience and knowledge. In a nutshell, here is what we've done so far and what we plan to do in the future. I will add more of the thinking behind the build in a later post.

So far...
2016 F-150 Crew Cab FX4 5.0 6.5' bed
2.5" leveling kit
35" TKO2's
17" Bronze Method NV's
Custom made aluminum contractors cap (Picking up this weekend)
Tepui RTT (installation pending cap acquisition)
ARB awning (also waiting on cap to install)
Recovery gear (boards, tire repair, air compressor)

In the future...
Roof rack/platform over cab
Off road lighting
Rear add a leaf
4.10 Gears
Decked drawer system
Hidden winch plate
Additional recovery gear
Communication gear
and so on...

Last edited:
Reactions: Kent R

StL Sean

Rank 0

Contributor I

St. Louis, Missouri
First Name
Sean
Last Name
McKessy
HI, I'm Sean and I live in St. Louis, MO
I actually sold my Jeep JKU last year. I joined hoping to sell my gobi rack that is sitting in the rafters of my garage. If there's an issue with that, it's all good, just let me know before I post the for sale ad.