NineEyed

Rank 0

Contributor I

Los Angeles, CA, USA
First Name
John
Last Name
Stern
I went down to my local 4wheelparts store and went with a Pro Comp 2.25” level. Looks great with the bigger KO2s I went with. The level has been holding up fine. I’ve had it for about a year now. I recently got back from a trip to Northern Georgia where I was off road a bit. Nothing crazy off-road, just some back country roads to go white water rafting and to get to our cabin.
Thanks! That seems like a realistic setup for me without a major investment.

Narbob

US West Region Director
Staff member
Founder 500

Pathfinder II

Culver City California
First Name
Bob
Last Name
Brann
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KJ6W0A
Hi there, my name is Chris and I'm currently located in central Iowa. My SO and I will be moving to San Diego CA at the end of the month - so we are looking forward to meeting some new like-minded people once we get settled.

I've been an outdoor enthusiast since I was little, but still new to overlanding. We will be looking for a new rig in the future... Currently set up with a 2018 Hyundai Elantra that did surprisingly well on a trip to UT last fall.

Looking forward to being a part of the community, and getting ideas for our future build!
Welcome to Overland Bound!

When you relocate to San Diego you should check the forum calendar and Meet-Up page for events, and the Trip Planning page for trips being planned by members.

Overland Bound Meetups

There is a meet up in the San Diego area that you might want to check out.

https://www.overlandbound.com/forums/threads/reoccurring-san-diego-overland-bound-monthly-meet-03-22-2018.13317/

This is San Diego Overland Bound Trail Run page.

West US - San Diego Overland Bound Trail Runs

If you have any questions message your Regional Director on the forum at @Narbob

ShooterG

Rank IV

Enthusiast II

Bremerton, WA, USA
First Name
Lawrence
Last Name
Green
Member #

Hi all, I am new here. I have been out of jeeping for a while to raise a family. Dont even have what would consider an overland vehicle. But I'm in the market to purchase a new jeep. Doing my research to determine which route to go. Love to pick everyone's brains on ideas. Looking forward to the journey

Dragoon5G

Rank I

Contributor III

Livermore, CA
First Name
Lance
Last Name
Mullinax
Hello everyone,

My Name is Lance, I currently live in the East Bay of Northern California in Livermore, but I'm originally from Orange County, CA.

I work in Footwear Development and Creation for Ariat. I make all the boots!

I have had 5 consecutive Jeep Wranglers, 6" Long Travel Kits, Spider Co Fenders and Cage, 35's, but more of a crawler. I've been really into the Overland style for a long time but haven't actually done it. I currently have an 08 JK that I'm selling, cause I think it's time for a change, and I have 2 small boys so I need a bigger vehicle.

I'm here to ask questions and learn all I can! I'm in the market for a new vehicle, just not sure what I'm going to do yet which is another reason I'm here. I'm thinking a full size truck like a Tundra, for the family, but I haven't ruled out a 4Runner, just have to put a rack on for the storage. My dog is a Great Pyrenees that 120 lbs, so he takes all the room. So If I say the 4Runner isn't ruled out I guess the new JLU isn't either..........choices choices. Anyway, thanks to everyone here, can't wait to really learn what Overlanding is all about!!!!!!

Narbob

US West Region Director
Staff member
Founder 500

Pathfinder II

Culver City California
First Name
Bob
Last Name
Brann
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KJ6W0A
Hello everyone,

My Name is Lance, I currently live in the East Bay of Northern California in Livermore, but I'm originally from Orange County, CA.

I have had 5 consecutive Jeep Wranglers, 6" Long Travel Kits, Spider Co Fenders and Cage, 35's, but more of a crawler. I've been really into the Overland style for a long time but haven't actually done it. I currently have an 08 JK that I'm selling, cause I think it's time for a change, and I have 2 small boys so I need a bigger vehicle.

I'm here to ask questions and learn all I can! I'm in the market for a new vehicle, just not sure what I'm going to do yet which is another reason I'm here. I'm thinking a full size truck like a Tundra, for the family, but I haven't ruled out a 4Runner, just have to put a rack on for the storage. My dog is a Great Pyrenees that 120 lbs, so he takes all the room. So If I say the 4Runner isn't ruled out I guess the new JLU isn't either..........choices choices. Anyway, thanks to everyone here, can't wait to really learn what Overlanding is all about!!!!!!

Check the forum calendar and Meet-Up page for events, and the Trip Planning page for trips being planned by members.

Overland Bound Meetups

If you have any questions message your Member Representative,@Magic Mike, or me, your Regional Director, on the forum at @Narbob

Firefrog5326

Rank II
Launch Member

Enthusiast I

Rancho Cucamonga, CA, USA
First Name
Theo
Last Name
SmitsvanOyen
Member #

Hi all, my name is Theo,
Rig: 2007 Dodge Ram 2500 diesel Mega Cab,
37” tires, lockers, custom bumpers, etc.
Experience: Novice overlander, a gearhead and amateur fabricator.
I’m hoping being a member will get me out exploring more with new friends.

Hank Outdoors

Rank VI
Launch Member

Member III

Robertson County, Tennessee, United States
First Name
Sean Hank
Last Name
Haney
Member #

Hello all,

Running a 2006 LR3 in the South Central PA area. Spend most days up on the local mountains with dog. Wife and I would like to do longer trips as soon as I complete build. Anyone done TAT?

I spent 22 years in the Army so think of myself as a bit of an #overlanding wannabe champ....hahaha. Lots of living from back of vehicle and rucksack.

Looking forward to meeting/greeting/following like minded folks. Thanks!View attachment 101155View attachment 101160
Welcome to OB and the East Region!
Great looking set up you have there! Thank you for your service!!!!
If you have any questions or want help planning a trip or meetup of your own feel free to message me or @Wawa Skittletits who is your local Member Rep.

When looking for events near you check the Calendar at:
https://www.overlandbound.com/forums/calendar
Looking for a meetup? Check this link:
Overland Bound Meetups
Looking for the U.S. East Forum? Check this link:
U.S. East (VA WV MD DE NJ PA NY CT RI MA NH VT ME)

Hank Outdoors

Rank VI
Launch Member

Member III

Robertson County, Tennessee, United States
First Name
Sean Hank
Last Name
Haney
Member #

Hi there -

my Name is Mike and I am located in eastern MA. I am just getting into overlanding after some significant time on the trails/rocks/mud in various wranglers. I recently picked up a 2012 FJ Cruiser TT edition and am starting to plan the build out. Always looking for advice and tips on things that work and dont work when it comes to the FJ platform.

Here is the FJ today:
View attachment 101374
Welcome to OB, the East Region and the FJ family!
Great looking TT you have there!!!

If you have any questions or want help planning a trip or meetup of your own feel free to message me.

When looking for events near you check the Calendar at:
https://www.overlandbound.com/forums/calendar
Looking for a meetup? Check this link:
Overland Bound Meetups
Looking for the U.S. East Forum? Check this link:
U.S. East (VA WV MD DE NJ PA NY CT RI MA NH VT ME)

Jedi

Rank VI
Staff member
Launch Member

Off-Road Ranger I

Arlington, WA, USA
First Name
Brie
Last Name
McClory
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K6JDI
Hi all, I am new here. I have been out of jeeping for a while to raise a family. Dont even have what would consider an overland vehicle. But I'm in the market to purchase a new jeep. Doing my research to determine which route to go. Love to pick everyone's brains on ideas. Looking forward to the journey
Welcome to Overland Bound, ShooterG. There are a number of great overlanding events occurring throughout the Washington and the PNW. There are also a lot of great members who can help you out with ideas on how to spend money.... er... I mean find the right fit. I recommend checking out the Overland Bound NorthWest Region forum [link] for meetups and to get to know your neighbors. Events are also posted on the Rally Point system [link], so you might want to check that out as well. One of the best ways to get ideas is to see what other people are doing for their rigs. You might be surprised by the variety of vehicles that are not "what would consider an overland vehicle" but still are able to get out there and enjoy the adventure. The biggest opportunity to see things like this are at the Northwest Overland Rally [link] happening later this month in Plain, WA.

I look forward to seeing you out there! If you need anything, feel free to hit me up on the forums: @Jedi.

Reactions: Gabriel Bozeman

Jbecg

Rank 0
Launch Member

Contributor I

Long Island, New York, USA
First Name
Jenny
Last Name
Green
Member #

Hi! Jenny from Long Island NY. My boyfriend and kids and I ski in the winter and do a lot of boating/camping in the summer. The bf started fixing the radiator on his Xterra, and a month later we have a lifted truck ready for exploring! We have a lot of questions about gear ( rooftop tent or no?) and where to go, but we're ready to start exploring!

CascadeTraveler

Rank I
Launch Member

Contributor II

Lynnwood, WA, USA
First Name
Joe
Last Name
Ulman
Member #

Hello All,

My Name is Joe
Rigs: 2000 Jeep XJ, rides about 1" over stock with stiffer springs Tire carrier bumper and Tepui tent.
1994 Jeep YJ 2" Lift High Fenders... Work in progress I have axles and tires from my old XJ that will end up in the YJ.
Experience. I've done quite a bit of camping and wheeling. My wife and i have lived out of the Xj for a night up to a week. We vary between ultralight trips with backpacking gear and fully loaded kitchen sink trips.

IMAG0299.jpgIMAG0058.jpg

Old XJ
001 - Copy - Copy.JPG

Exploring Yota

Rank I
Launch Member

Member I

Capitola, CA
First Name
Riley
Last Name
Popovich
Member #

Hi everyone,

Riley here from Capitola, CA.

I have a 2017 Tacoma and a 97 Jeep XJ.

Looking to do some more adventures this summer. Just got back from a 4 day trip from Wellington, NV to Bodie, CA. Super fun trip with the wife and dogs. Fairly new to "Overlanding" but a long time off-roader both in trucks and dirt bikes.

I hope to meet some of you folks and if you are in the Central Coast area send me a message!

❤️Lovey❤️

Rank V
Launch Member

Pathfinder I

California
Member #

Hello All,

My Name is Joe
Rigs: 2000 Jeep XJ, rides about 1" over stock with stiffer springs Tire carrier bumper and Tepui tent.
1994 Jeep YJ 2" Lift High Fenders... Work in progress I have axles and tires from my old XJ that will end up in the YJ.
Experience. I've done quite a bit of camping and wheeling. My wife and i have lived out of the Xj for a night up to a week. We vary between ultralight trips with backpacking gear and fully loaded kitchen sink trips.

View attachment 101543View attachment 101545

Old XJ
View attachment 101547
[emoji173]️these photos!!! What size tires are those & did you have to use any chains in the snow?

TomOnTheTrail

Rank I

Contributor III

San Francisco Bay Area, CA, USA
First Name
Tom
Last Name
Stewart
1) Hi, I'm Tom, below is my new car (used 2004 toyota Sequoia) which will be used for some new adventures by my family.
2) SF Bay Area California.
3) Rig (Newly acquired 04 Toyota Sequoia however past 16 years has been a mini-van so also 03 Honda Odyssey )
4) Overlanding Experience Background (Novice with a 4x4 but grew up camping and backpacking with a ford station wagon and as an Adult and parent we camp and backpack every year from our Honda Odyssey)

whrich13

Rank 0

Contributor I

Shelton, CT
First Name
Rich
Last Name
Audet
Hello everyone!

My name is Rich and I am not sure how 'new' or 'experienced' I am in regards to overlanding. I've done many camping trips, many long distance trips, many offroad trips - but few where i combine all together. Looking forward to learning from everyone and picking up some tips. Additionally, I'm from the northeast where I find it difficult to find fellow overlanders and companions for trips. Hopefully to become part of the community here and find some new people to join.

I have a 2019 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon 3.6L, 6 Spd MT. Not heavily modified, and likely to remain that way for a bit.

Looking forward to meeting everyone.

ShooterG

Rank IV

Enthusiast II

Bremerton, WA, USA
First Name
Lawrence
Last Name
Green
Member #

Hello everyone,

Hi Lance, we have some similarity. I have 4 kids. So family of 6. But fir some reason I have really been looking at going the jeep route. The gladiator really presents nice options for a large family. Then I met a keeper who pulls a trailer. Then YouTube Epic family is a good example of family traveling too!. I'm so excited! In the end I am also considering a turtleback trailer or a patriot for the larger family trips. So I'll have options. Decisions decision's!

Narbob

US West Region Director
Staff member
Founder 500

Pathfinder II

Culver City California
First Name
Bob
Last Name
Brann
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KJ6W0A
Hi all, my name is Theo,
Rig: 2007 Dodge Ram 2500 diesel Mega Cab,
37” tires, lockers, custom bumpers, etc.
Experience: Novice overlander, a gearhead and amateur fabricator.
I’m hoping being a member will get me out exploring more with new friends.

Check the forum calendar and Meet-Up page for events, and the Trip Planning page for trips being planned by members.

Overland Bound Meetups

If you have any questions message me,your Regional Director,on the forum at @Narbob