Moab, UT, USA
First Name
Kevin
Last Name
Franke
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KG7HNO
New Member Intro. I'm Kevin and live in Tampa right now.
I've been using Toyota's for getaways for a while. '89 pickup, '83 pickup, 2x'94 4Runners, '03 DCSB, '06 DCSB (current).
Use the rig to get out to places and adventure. I've been following OB on youtube for several years but the semi recent videos with Chris MD are what really added the value and got me to join up. Both my wife (MD) and myself (former firefighter/EMT) really appreciate Chris's no non-sense, no-bs approach to practical, applicable field medicine.
Anywho, Hey there.
100549 100553

Prerunner1982

Local Expert, Oklahoma USA
Launch Member

Member III

Navina, Oklahoma
First Name
Jon
Last Name
B
Member #

Hello Jon (4corner explr), welcome from Oklahoma. You are the 3rd New Mexican to join today! @p4.adventure and @zznalg are new and from Northern NM as well.
I have family in Farmington and Santa Fe so I do on a rare occasion venture out that way.

You are in the Southwest Region. Check out the Southwest Region sub-forum for local information and involvement opportunities.

Here is the link to the forum calendar and Meet-Up event page: Overland Bound Meetups
Or to check out what other members are planning go here: Overland Trip Planning

If you have any questions let me know.

joeboy738

Rank 0

Contributor I

Sobieski, Little Suamico, WI, USA
First Name
Joe
Last Name
Phillips
Currently outfitting an old Jeep military trailer with a RTT, water, electric, etc. to be pulled around by my 2015 Wrangler JK. Looking for trails and primitive camping between and around NE Wisconsin and the Upper Peninsula (Nicolette and Hiawatha National Forests) to explore with my two young sons (8 and 4).

Attachments

Mmcneil22

Rank I
Launch Member

Member I

Lakewood, CA, USA
First Name
Mitchell
Last Name
McNeil
Member #

How’s it going?!

I’m new to the whole overlanding thing and definitely want to get more into it. I currently drive a Chevy Silverado 1500 LT with a truck bed tent. Goal is to buy a 4x4 truck in the next year or two. I’m out of Long Beach, California and my experience is pretty much novice

Attachments

RoarinRow

Rank V
Launch Member

Member III

Elk Grove, CA, USA
First Name
Rolando
Last Name
Nispiros
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KN6JJS
Hi All,

In a newbie from Elk Grove, CA (Sacramento) and am very interested in overlanding. I’ve already started with my 2002 Chevy Silverado 2500hd with an ARE camper shell.

After I put my build together my son and I slept in the truck in front of our house to try it out. Now I’d like to do it again this time with a nice scenery. See pics.

Attachments

LoyalKnight683

Rank II
Launch Member

Contributor III

Denver, CO, USA
First Name
Jonas
Last Name
Houchin
Member #

Hey OB Fam,

1) I like gear, and gadgets, and researching everything. I feel like projects go something like research, design, build, redesign, execute, then enjoy. I need to be better at the last part of actually getting out and using my rig.
2) Denver, CO
3) 2002 Ford Excursion 7.3PSD in what my friends call “retirement red” color. Previous builds, ‘67 FJ40, ‘89 FJ62, ‘71 CJ5.
4) Moderate build and wheelin’ exp but newer to overlanding for overnights. A2D3EDAE-D164-43FD-A243-6508D4044992.jpeg

Kent R

Executive Director
Staff member
Mod Team

Pathfinder III

El Dorado, Ca
First Name
Kent
Last Name
Reynolds
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K6KNT
Service Branch
Retired Firefighter
Hello. Brent here in central California. Veteran Offroader but new to OverLanding. Just got into it this year. My rig is a 2013 JKU Cloaked long arm and on 38’s I am looking forward to doing a lot of over landing and learning quite a bit from you guys. Member 18259View attachment 100700View attachment 100701View attachment 100702View attachment 100703View attachment 100704
Welcome to Overland Bound!

Don't hesitate to contact your Regional Director @Narbob for help or information. The Regional Director can also get you in touch with a Member Representative that might be close to you and have local information.

I know that the Fresno Meet-up is planing some meets very soon so stay tuned.

Nice JKU

Reactions: SkiBrent

Kent R

Executive Director
Staff member
Mod Team

Pathfinder III

El Dorado, Ca
First Name
Kent
Last Name
Reynolds
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K6KNT
Service Branch
Retired Firefighter
Hey OB Fam,

1) I like gear, and gadgets, and researching everything. I feel like projects go something like research, design, build, redesign, execute, then enjoy. I need to be better at the last part of actually getting out and using my rig.
2) Denver, CO
3) 2002 Ford Excursion 7.3PSD in what my friends call “retirement red” color. Previous builds, ‘67 FJ40, ‘89 FJ62, ‘71 CJ5.
4) Moderate build and wheelin’ exp but newer to overlanding for overnights. View attachment 100684

Check the forum calendar and Meet-Up page for events, and the Trip Planing page for trips being planed by members.
Overland Bound Meetups

You are in the Rocky Mountain Region, local information can also be found in the “Overland Bound by Region”
North America

This is a link to the Overland Bound Southeast Rally,
Rally Southeast 2019

Here is the link to contact your Regional Director. The Regional Director can advise you of a Member Representative close to you.
Overland Bound Regions!

Kent R

Executive Director
Staff member
Mod Team

Pathfinder III

El Dorado, Ca
First Name
Kent
Last Name
Reynolds
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K6KNT
Service Branch
Retired Firefighter
Hi All,

In a newbie from Elk Grove, CA (Sacramento) and am very interested in overlanding. I’ve already started with my 2002 Chevy Silverado 2500hd with an ARE camper shell.

After I put my build together my son and I slept in the truck in front of our house to try it out. Now I’d like to do it again this time with a nice scenery. See pics.

Check the forum calendar and Meet-Up page for events, and the Trip Planing page for trips being planed by members.
Overland Bound Meetups

There is a meet-up in your area if you are interested, it is on the meet-up page of the forum and the calendar.

Sierra Foothills Overlanders monthly meeting.
West US - Sierra Foothills Overlanders Monthly OLB meet-up/meeting
If you have any questions about this meet-up message @Kent R on the forum.

We hope to have an Elk Grove meet-up starting around September of this year. Several Sierra Foothills members will be starting it.

Here is the link to contact your Regional Director. The Regional Director can advise you of a Member Representative close to you.
Overland Bound Regions!
Your member rep is @Magic Mike

Reactions: RoarinRow

Kent R

Executive Director
Staff member
Mod Team

Pathfinder III

El Dorado, Ca
First Name
Kent
Last Name
Reynolds
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K6KNT
Service Branch
Retired Firefighter
How’s it going?!

I’m new to the whole overlanding thing and definitely want to get more into it. I currently drive a Chevy Silverado 1500 LT with a truck bed tent. Goal is to buy a 4x4 truck in the next year or two. I’m out of Long Beach, California and my experience is pretty much novice

Don't hesitate to contact your Regional Director @Narbob for help or information. The Regional Director can also get you in touch with a Member Representative that might be close to you and have local information.

RoarinRow

Rank V
Launch Member

Member III

Elk Grove, CA, USA
First Name
Rolando
Last Name
Nispiros
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KN6JJS

Overland Bound Meetups

There is a meet-up in your area if you are interested, it is on the meet-up page of the forum and the calendar.

Sierra Foothills Overlanders monthly meeting.
West US - Sierra Foothills Overlanders Monthly OLB meet-up/meeting
If you have any questions about this meet-up message @Kent R on the forum.

We hope to have an Elk Grove meet-up starting around September of this year. Several Sierra Foothills members will be starting it.

Overland Bound Regions!
Your member rep is @Magic Mike
Perfect thanks Kent! An EG meet up would be great!

Kent R

Executive Director
Staff member
Mod Team

Pathfinder III

El Dorado, Ca
First Name
Kent
Last Name
Reynolds
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K6KNT
Service Branch
Retired Firefighter
Currently outfitting an old Jeep military trailer with a RTT, water, electric, etc. to be pulled around by my 2015 Wrangler JK. Looking for trails and primitive camping between and around NE Wisconsin and the Upper Peninsula (Nicolette and Hiawatha National Forests) to explore with my two young sons (8 and 4).

Overland Bound Meetups

You are in the Midwest Region, local information can also be found in the “Overland Bound by Region”
OVERLAND BOUND COMMUNITY

Overland Bound Regions!

Kent R

Executive Director
Staff member
Mod Team

Pathfinder III

El Dorado, Ca
First Name
Kent
Last Name
Reynolds
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K6KNT
Service Branch
Retired Firefighter
New Member Intro. I'm Kevin and live in Tampa right now.
I've been using Toyota's for getaways for a while. '89 pickup, '83 pickup, 2x'94 4Runners, '03 DCSB, '06 DCSB (current).
Use the rig to get out to places and adventure. I've been following OB on youtube for several years but the semi recent videos with Chris MD are what really added the value and got me to join up. Both my wife (MD) and myself (former firefighter/EMT) really appreciate Chris's no non-sense, no-bs approach to practical, applicable field medicine.
Anywho, Hey there.
View attachment 100549View attachment 100553

Overland Bound Meetups

You are in the Southeast Region, local information can also be found in the “Overland Bound by Region”
North America

Rally Southeast 2019

Overland Bound Regions!

Kent R

Executive Director
Staff member
Mod Team

Pathfinder III

El Dorado, Ca
First Name
Kent
Last Name
Reynolds
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K6KNT
Service Branch
Retired Firefighter
Hello everyone.
I'm just getting started and I'm actually looking for an overlanding trailer with RTT ($10,000 and under) which is why I'm joining. So if anyone has any leads or you wanna get some cash for your trailer, drop me a line.
I'm in NM in the 4 corners area and willing to meet anyone within a 14 hour drive for a trailer.
I have a 2018 Tacoma Off Road with a Snugtop shell, and hope to do some suspension and tire upgrades in a year or 2 to raise it up a few inches and get a little more clearance.
Hers a few pics of the truck now.
Thanks.
View attachment 100550
View attachment 100551

Overland Bound Meetups

You are in the Southeast Region, local information can also be found in the “Overland Bound by Region”
North America

Rally Southeast 2019

Overland Bound Regions!

Kent R

Executive Director
Staff member
Mod Team

Pathfinder III

El Dorado, Ca
First Name
Kent
Last Name
Reynolds
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K6KNT
Service Branch
Retired Firefighter
My name is Howard and I am from Northern Michigan. No Overland vehicle yet. I am interested in purchasing a complete solution.

https://www.overlandbound.com/forums/forums/overland-bound-meetups.24/

You are in the Midwest Region, local information can also be found in the “Overland Bound by Region”
OVERLAND BOUND COMMUNITY

Overland Bound Regions!

Kent R

Executive Director
Staff member
Mod Team

Pathfinder III

El Dorado, Ca
First Name
Kent
Last Name
Reynolds
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K6KNT
Service Branch
Retired Firefighter
Current Vehicle: 16 Jeep Willy's JKU
Experience: Novice

Hi I'm Matt. I've done some moderate wheeling with a great group in NH. Looking to expand my knowledge for future outdoor adventures.

Don't hesitate to contact your Regional Director for help or information. The Regional Director can also get you in touch with a Member Representative that might be close to you and have local information.

Kent R

Executive Director
Staff member
Mod Team

Pathfinder III

El Dorado, Ca
First Name
Kent
Last Name
Reynolds
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K6KNT
Service Branch
Retired Firefighter
Hi I am Kyle. I have some experience overlanding but I have mostly done a lot of back packing. I have done quite a bit of off roading but never put too much effort into properly setting my truck up to be convenient when it came to long trips where I will be setting up camp almost daily.
Rig: 2016 Toyota Tacoma

Kent R

Executive Director
Staff member
Mod Team

Pathfinder III

El Dorado, Ca
First Name
Kent
Last Name
Reynolds
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K6KNT
Service Branch
Retired Firefighter
Current Vehicle: 2017 4Runner TRD Off-Road
Previous Vehicle: 2002 Jeep Wrangler
Overland Experience: Experienced.
Why Overlanding?: Been doing things outdoors since I could walk. I need a vehicle to get me off the beaten track and support my outdoor activities. I enjoy fishing, hunting, hiking, bushcraft, cooking, and navigation.

Don't hesitate to contact your Regional Director for help or information. The Regional Director can also get you in touch with a Member Representative that might be close to you and have local information.