Last Name
Lee
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KM6YKV
Service Branch
Army & Marine Corps
Hello All, New member here.....
My wife and I are from Minnesota and wanted a nice resource to dip into to find some locations to get lost in.
Currently have a Toyota Tundra. Although we are currently flatlanders, we do have some experience in off roading.
Welcome to Overland Bound.

Reactions: Kent R

Magic Mike

US Full-time/Long Term Travel Ambassador
Launch Member

Expedition Master I

Rapid City, South Dakota, United States
First Name
Michael
Last Name
Lee
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KM6YKV
Service Branch
Army & Marine Corps
Hi all! First post from a new member in SW Idaho. Hoping to meet some others close by for day trips and exploring.

Rig: 2018 4Runner TRD Off-Road Premium, Bilstein 6112/5160's and ARB onboard air going on next week
Experience: lots of backpacking & tent camping, new to Overlanding
Welcome to Overland Bound

Magic Mike

US Full-time/Long Term Travel Ambassador
Launch Member

Expedition Master I

Rapid City, South Dakota, United States
First Name
Michael
Last Name
Lee
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KM6YKV
Service Branch
Army & Marine Corps
Hello everyone! My name is Rudy and I’m just a little south of Chicago.

Rig: 2015 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited, Willys

Overlanding experience: I always just thought of it as just camping! The Jeep was always there though. We went to the Badlands, the Black hills, Nebraska National Forest and wanted to do more off the beaten path in the future.

Then I found OLB, watched videos, and read some posts. Now I have words to put to the feeling of wanting more than just camping, overlanding. I feel this community will help me achieve the adventure I’m longing for!
Welcome to Overland Bound..

carrab

Rank 0

Contributor I

Rocklin, Ca
First Name
Alan
Last Name
Carr
Member #

Welcome to Overland Bound!

Check the forum calendar and Meet-Up page for events, and the Trip Planing page for trips being planed by members.
Overland Bound Meetups
Overland Trip Planning
There are two meet-up’s in your area if you are interested, both are on the meet-up page of the forum and the calendar.
Sierra Foothills Overlanders monthly meeting.
West US - Sierra Foothills Overlanders Monthly OLB meet-up/meeting
Sacramento weekly meet-up.
Sacramento: Weekly Meet-up

I am one of the U.S. West Member Representatives, if there is anything I can do to help message me at @Magic Mike
If you have any questions message your Regional Director on the forum at @Narbob

Thanks Mike, I'll check them out.

jpence

Rank II
Launch Member

Enthusiast I

Santa Rosa, CA, USA
First Name
John
Last Name
Pence
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KN6DJM

We are going to have a meet-up in Santa Rosa hopefully in July, you will receive a message on the forum. Hope to see you there.

Don't hesitate to contact your Regional Director for help or information. The Regional Director can also get you in touch with a Member Representative that might be close to you and have local information.

Santa Rosa! I’m excited about this one. Let me know if I can help out at all!

rodrigosd88

Rank IV
Launch Member

Enthusiast II

Walnut Creek, CA, EUA
First Name
Rodrigo
Last Name
Domingues
Member #

Hi guys, I've just moved from Brazil to the USA. In Brazil, I've gettered some experience with 4x4 and Overlanding, but I don't know any places in the US yet. Been following you guys for about 2 years now.

Rig: 2019 F-150 STX FX4
Experience: Medium, a little 4x4, and some trips.

Attachments

PNW EXPLR

Local Expert Southeast Washington, USA
Investor

Explorer I

Kennewick, WA, USA
First Name
Michael
Last Name
Denniston
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KJ7LYZ
Hi guys, I've just moved from Brazil to the USA. In Brazil, I've gettered some experience with 4x4 and Overlanding, but I don't know any places in the US yet. Been following you guys for about 2 years now.

Hey welcome to the team Rodrigo. Look like you will be part of the Full Size crew!

Kent R

Executive Director
Staff member
Mod Team

Pathfinder III

El Dorado, Ca
First Name
Kent
Last Name
Reynolds
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K6KNT
Service Branch
Retired Firefighter

Don't hesitate to contact your Regional Director @Narbob for help or information. The Regional Director can also get you in touch with a Member Representative that might be close to you and have local information.

Hank Outdoors

Rank VI
Launch Member

Member III

Robertson County, Tennessee, United States
First Name
Sean Hank
Last Name
Haney
Member #

Hey y'all
I'm from Hampton Roads Virginia. I've got absolutely ZERO experience with overlanding, I just like camping and working on older cars, so I figured I'd combine the two! I'm currently building an '85 CJ-7 and I'm trying to get her ready for her maiden voyage in July!
Welcome to OB and the East Region!
Can't wait to see pics of your CJ!!!

If you have any questions or want help planning a trip or meetup of your own feel free to message me or @NovaBound who is your local Member Rep.

When looking for events near you check the Calendar at:
https://www.overlandbound.com/forums/calendar
Looking for a meetup? Check this link:
Overland Bound Meetups
Looking for the U.S. East Forum? Check this link:
U.S. East (VA WV MD DE NJ PA NY CT RI MA NH VT ME)

Hank Outdoors

Rank VI
Launch Member

Member III

First Name
Sean Hank
Last Name
Haney
Member #

Hank Outdoors

Rank VI
Launch Member

Member III

First Name
Sean Hank
Last Name
Haney
Member #

Hey everyone,

I’m Paul from Rhode Island. I drive a 2010 Jeep JKU Sahara. Originally started building it up for crawling and mud, but have come to realize the fiancé and I prefer longer distance travel while avoiding the main roads. Starting off slow with the traditional type of camping gear, minimal recovery gear, and plan on doing the Maine loop that goes to the abandoned trains and the B-52 crash site in about a month. Open to any pointers people have and other routes in the New England area. Look forward to reading about everyone’s experiences and sharing our own. Also if anyone has any pointers on equipment and techniques for filming your adventures that would be a big help. We have a DSLR and i would love to be able to document our trips to share them.
Welcome to OB and the East Region!
If you have any questions or want help planning a trip or meetup of your own feel free to message me. As far as the New England area I would reach out to @Team Harrington and for camera questions @CampWithChin may be able to help.

When looking for events near you check the Calendar at:
https://www.overlandbound.com/forums/calendar
Looking for a meetup? Check this link:
Overland Bound Meetups
Looking for the U.S. East Forum? Check this link:
U.S. East (VA WV MD DE NJ PA NY CT RI MA NH VT ME)

Hank Outdoors

Rank VI
Launch Member

Member III

First Name
Sean Hank
Last Name
Haney
Member #

Hello all. New member from northern New Mexico and we also signed up at OX19. Had a blast with my wife touring the Coconino NF in addition to visiting everyone at OX. We have a 2011 Toyota FJ Cruiser with a OME 2.5" lift, 33" Falken Wildpeak AT3's, Baja Rack with Tepui Autana RTT, Rigid Radiance ditch lights, APEX rock sliders, and ARB bumper.
I'd venture to say we have intermediate off road skills and love exploring. I also drive wildland brush trucks during fire season. So "rock crawling" with 7tons is not uncommon. Eager to improve and learn new skills as we go forward. View attachment 99846View attachment 99847View attachment 99848View attachment 99849
WELCOME! Always great to see another FJ!

Reactions: FFJOORD

Steve0369

Rank 0

Contributor I

Martinsburg, WV 25405, USA
First Name
Carl
Last Name
Clendenning
1) rig 2001 Dodge Ram 2500
2) Martinsburg, WV
3) Im a retired infantry Marine, I've hiked, crawled, and biked all over the world. I hiked the Appalachian trail a week after I retired from the Corps in 2013. I have more miles on my feet than most tractor trailers do, now I'm refocusing my overloading with wheels under me. I'm retired and have nothing but time.

Shone

Rank I
Launch Member

Off-Road Ranger I

Dallas
First Name
Shone
Last Name
Doville
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KE5OWJ
Current Vehicle: 2017 4Runner TRD Off-Road
Previous Vehicle: 2002 Jeep Wrangler
Overland Experience: Experienced.
Why Overlanding?: Been doing things outdoors since I could walk. I need a vehicle to get me off the beaten track and support my outdoor activities. I enjoy fishing, hunting, hiking, bushcraft, cooking, and navigation.

Prerunner1982

Local Expert, Oklahoma USA
Launch Member

Member III

Navina, Oklahoma
First Name
Jon
Last Name
B
Member #

Hello @Shone, welcome from Oklahoma. Don't hold that against me I am originally from Texas.

You are in the Southwest Region. Check out the Southwest Region sub-forum for local information and involvement opportunities.

Here is the link to the forum calendar and Meet-Up event page: Overland Bound Meetups
Or to check out what other members are planning go here: Overland Trip Planning

June 7th – 9th is the OB Rally Southeast in the Ozark National Forest in Arkansas.

I am the SW Region Member Rep so if you have any questions let me know.

Reactions: Shone

KyleTacoma18311

Rank II
Launch Member

Contributor III

Chico, CA, USA
First Name
Kyle
Last Name
Caires
Member #

Hi I am Kyle. I have some experience overlanding but I have mostly done a lot of back packing. I have done quite a bit of off roading but never put too much effort into properly setting my truck up to be convenient when it came to long trips where I will be setting up camp almost daily.
Rig: 2016 Toyota Tacoma

Attachments

msurge33

Rank I
Launch Member

Member I

New Hampshire, USA
First Name
Matt
Last Name
Surgento
Member #

Current Vehicle: 16 Jeep Willy's JKU
Experience: Novice

Hi I'm Matt. I've done some moderate wheeling with a great group in NH. Looking to expand my knowledge for future outdoor adventures.

4corner explr

Rank II
Investor

Member I

Farmington, NM
First Name
Jon
Last Name
Berry
Member #

Hello everyone.
I'm just getting started and I'm actually looking for an overlanding trailer with RTT ($10,000 and under) which is why I'm joining. So if anyone has any leads or you wanna get some cash for your trailer, drop me a line.
I'm in NM in the 4 corners area and willing to meet anyone within a 14 hour drive for a trailer.
I have a 2018 Tacoma Off Road with a Snugtop shell, and hope to do some suspension and tire upgrades in a year or 2 to raise it up a few inches and get a little more clearance.
Hers a few pics of the truck now.
Thanks.
truck.JPG
truck3.JPG