Launch Member

Influencer II

Half Moon Bay, Ca
First Name
Scotty
Last Name
N
Member #

Hello Overland Bound!!! We are so happy to find a great community for adventure that is based locally for us. Just to answer the three questions right quick...
1) Location
Half Moon Bay, Ca
2) Rig
'04.5 Dodge Ram 2500, 5.9L cummins, quad cab, short bed
3) Overlanding Experience Background
I'd consider ourselves as newbies to the "Overlanding" category of adventuring. Mr.HMB has had experience ripping Humvees and 5 tons around the Kuwaiti desert, dodging roadside IEDs and bullets in Iraq, along with basic military training. As a family we have done a bit of KOA style camping, cave crawling, zip lining, and outdoor obstacle courses. shameless plug for mounthermonadventures.com

We love to say that, "Life didn't happen to us. We happened to life." We love to go on adventures and explore. He is prior service, US Army reservist with one tour in Iraq. MOSs of 52D "Power Generation/electrician" and 92Y "Unit Armorer". I've been a civilian since 2008 and currently am a union Electrician in the SF Bay Area.
She is an administration professional for Stanford and is the glue of organization in our lives. Always a trooper, ready to try new things and go to interesting places.
Our son is a middle schooler with a sense of fearless adventure to rival his father's. Pappa is gonna teach him everything he knows, and take him along on all survival courses that he takes. Land nav, here we come.
We look forward to meeting up with you all for adventures!!

DeanerF

Rank IV
Launch Member

Advocate II

Edmonton, AB
Member #

Hey, checking in from Edmonton, Alberta, Canada!
Just starting to get my current truck setup.
It's a 2013 F150 FX4. Not really your typical overland rig, but it works for me.
I have had a couple other vehicles, previous generation f150, and a FZJ80 on 35's too.

The Fx4 is just leveled with fox racing coilovers, and slightly larger Goodyear duratracs.

Built a rack for the tent to mount on.

Decked drawer system

I have the ARB fridge just in the backseat running off the stock power in the back. I am trying to decide if I want to run a dual battery or maybe a standalone Goalzero+ solar setup.

Went out south of cadomin , Alberta this past long weekend

And the old rigs

Jhberria

Rank V
Launch Member

Pathfinder I

Lacey, WA
It's a 2013 F150 FX4. Not really your typical overland rig, but it works for me.
I have had a couple other vehicles, previous generation f150, and a FZJ80 on 35's too.

The Fx4 is just leveled with fox racing coilovers, and slightly larger Goodyear duratracs.

Decked drawer system

I have the ARB fridge just in the backseat running off the stock power in the back. I am trying to decide if I want to run a dual battery or maybe a standalone Goalzero+ solar setup.

And the old rigs
Welcome! My brother has a '13 F-150 with a leveling kit on 35" ST Maxx tires and I love that thing. I'll have to show him your truck to talk him into getting a RTT.

parkkitchings

Rank I

Enthusiast I

Just joined after being a long time member over at Expedition Portal. Never can have too many forums to keep you occupied on Overlanding. Love to Overland and take pictures so I started a blog awhile back as I've basically been living out of my Four Wheel Camper over the past two years. Thanks for having me here and if interested check out my blogsite http://nowheretobetour.blogspot.com/ Lots of pictures (Alaska to Baj & points between) and hopefully, not too much verbage.

1Louder

Rank VI
Launch Member

Member II

AZ
First Name
Chris
Last Name
K
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K1LDR
Hello Park. Just finished the Idaho BDR and headed towards Sun Valley. Happy Trails!! Chris. Nice to see you at the NWOR.

parkkitchings

Rank I

Enthusiast I

How was it? I've done portions of it but a lot I haven't seen it all. We want pictures and a write-up. You'll have a good time in Sun Valley and the surrounding area. Get up to Stanley if you have the chance. Some great camping and hot springs to be found up there. Take care.....Park

FreelandRyan

Rank IV
Launch Member

Enthusiast II

Checking in from Saint Louis!

IMG_7477-1.jpg

I have been an explorer since I can remember. I grew up camping with family every weekend before I could even walk. I continued the tradition into my adult life.

You can also find me on hammockforums.net, I've been backpacking for many years. Here's a video of my favorite trip to date for those of you who are interested:

In more recent years I moved from a sport motorcycle to a Triumph Tiger 800 and found my self frequenting advrider.com. That was really the beginning of my overlanding adventures on two wheels.

IMG_5072-0.jpg

I happened across Expedition Overland on YouTube and immediately started researching how to get something similar started. About three months later I bought my dream Jeep, which lead me to meeting my dream lady (see above photo). After sharing my vision of an expedition she loved the idea, so we're in the process of building up both Jeep's and looking for friends to join in the journey.

OverlandBound was my next find on YouTube, pretty sure I watched all of the videos on the page over my lunch periods. I love what this community stands for and cant wait to meet more of you! ...When is the midwest getting together?

Hoping to get the Colorado BDR done on the Triumph and possibly make it too Jeep Beach and MOAB in the Jeep's next year.

See you on the trails,
Kim & Ryan

Michael

Rank IX
Staff member
Founder 500

Benefactor

Livermore, California, United States
First Name
Michael
Last Name
Murguia
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KM6YSL
Texas just north of DFW
2008 gmc 2500 hd duramax
little rig info: 47 gal main tank 37 gal aux tank , road armor bumpers , warn 16.5 winch ,
cognito hd steering fabtech outers , oba , 4.11 gears with air lockers front and rear,
37" tires, cb , one or two lights , other stuff I'm forgetting
soon to be building a rear rack over the bed to hold a tepui gran sabana ,water containers , spare tire and more!

I've been into wheeling/overlanding starting somewhere in the late 90's on 4 and 2 wheels
and am looking forward to being a part overland bound!

View attachment 5298 View attachment 5299
Account upgraded!

Reactions: TXbenchRacer

Mad Garden Gnome

Rank V
Launch Member

Off-Road Ranger I

Templeton, Ca
First Name
Ryan
Last Name
Marlett
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
W6ORV
Hi. From the great white north! NW Alberta. Been off roading most of my life but with an 18 wheeler. Got my 80 series Toy and building a 1979 45 pickup diesel. Good in the mud but still learning about rocks
Picks of the 45!

1Louder

Rank VI
Launch Member

Member II

AZ
First Name
Chris
Last Name
K
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K1LDR
How was it? I've done portions of it but a lot I haven't seen it all. We want pictures and a write-up. You'll have a good time in Sun Valley and the surrounding area. Get up to Stanley if you have the chance. Some great camping and hot springs to be found up there. Take care.....Park
I only had time to drive through. Stanley was amazing and I will have to return. All of ID was great. I can't believe the number of campgrounds, marked camping spots and of course open land spots along the route. Never seen so many.

Reactions: SLO Rob

101Tundra

Rank II
Launch Member

Enthusiast I

Willits, CA, USA
First Name
Bryan
Last Name
Tyler
Member #

IMG_20160708_180940.jpg Just got my emblems and shirt. Very cool. Now just need my GF to get home with my truck so I can proudly install them.
Rig: 2004 Toyota Tundra 4 door Limited
Experience: moderate 4 wheeling, lots of camping, hunting, and just meandering the country side via foot, ATV, 4x4.
No special mods to truck.

101Tundra

Rank II
Launch Member

Enthusiast I

Willits, CA, USA
First Name
Bryan
Last Name
Tyler
Member #

Decked drawer system

And the old rigs
Great setup. Looks like some awesome exploring

Reactions: Roger

101Tundra

Rank II
Launch Member

Enthusiast I

Willits, CA, USA
First Name
Bryan
Last Name
Tyler
Member #

Just joined after being a long time member over at Expedition Portal. Never can have too many forums to keep you occupied on Overlanding. Love to Overland and take pictures so I started a blog awhile back as I've basically been living out of my Four Wheel Camper over the past two years. Thanks for having me here and if interested check out my blogsite http://nowheretobetour.blogspot.com/ Lots of pictures (Alaska to Baj & points between) and hopefully, not too much verbage.

Just sun's to your site. Looks like a great adventure

Crispy

Rank VI
Launch Member

Influencer II

Redmond, OR, USA
First Name
Nick
Last Name
Crisp
Member #

View attachment 5829 Just got my emblems and shirt. Very cool. Now just need my GF to get home with my truck so I can proudly install them.
Rig: 2004 Toyota Tundra 4 door Limited
Experience: moderate 4 wheeling, lots of camping, hunting, and just meandering the country side via foot, ATV, 4x4.
No special mods to truck.
Welcome! I know people in Willits! You've got the Mendocino National Forest near you too!