Pathfinder II

United States
First Name
Kevin
Last Name
McCuiston
Member #

Hi folks,

My name is Patrick. Been an east coast kid my whole life. Calling me a novice would be giving a bad name to all other novices. Just getting started. My current vehicle is a Ford F150, eco-boost 4x4 with long bed. We'll see where I go from here.
Welcome @PaddyG !

Lifestyle Overland

Rank VI
Founder 500

Pathfinder II

United States
First Name
Kevin
Last Name
McCuiston
Member #

hey all,
new from Edmonton, Alberta.
I run a 2012 Toyota 4Runner SR5 with a few mods here and there. always looking to learn new things and engage in conversation about offroading and related things, and love getting out and getting the trucks dirty!
cheers,
Jono
Welcome to the community @Jonovision ! Good to see another 4Runner around!

BillS

Rank I
Launch Member

Contributor I

Bay Area CA
Member #

Hello all,

My name is Bill and my wife, Juli, and I are finally finding the time to get out and explore more. We are in the Bay Area of CA and currently run in a 2002 Chevy Tahoe. Nothing fancy but it gets us where we want to be.
We have traveled throughout CA and AZ and can't wait for our next trip. We look forward to learning and sharing with this community and hope to see you in the back country.

Lifestyle Overland

Rank VI
Founder 500

Pathfinder II

United States
First Name
Kevin
Last Name
McCuiston
Member #

Hello all,

My name is Bill and my wife, Juli, and I are finally finding the time to get out and explore more. We are in the Bay Area of CA and currently run in a 2002 Chevy Tahoe. Nothing fancy but it gets us where we want to be.
We have traveled throughout CA and AZ and can't wait for our next trip. We look forward to learning and sharing with this community and hope to see you in the back country.
Welcome to the community!

WhiteBetty

Rank 0

Contributor I

SoCal desert
First Name
Michael
Last Name
Hills
Hey everyone,
Picked up my F250 beginning of this year. My wife, daughter and two dogs are trying to explore more and more. Checked out Alabama Hills and Pismo so far. Looking to join in when possible. We are in the Santa Clarita area (Magic Mountain).
Nice to be part of the club
Michael

GhettoGunfighter

Rank II
Launch Member

Contributor I

Southwest Georgia
Member #

Hello Everyone! I go by Ghetto Gunfighter. I just recently relocated to Southwest Ga from Southern Cal for work. I just recently purchased a 2014 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited and have made some modest modifications. I'm a gun nut who loves camping and hiking. My wife & I are looking forward to new adventures in overlanding. If you're in the South Eastern US and know of any good trips please contact me.

Safe Adventures Everyone!

Last edited:

Mad Garden Gnome

Rank V
Launch Member

Off-Road Ranger I

Templeton, Ca
First Name
Ryan
Last Name
Marlett
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
W6ORV
Hello all,

It doesn't have to be fancy. It just has to get you home

Welcome!

Reactions: Winterpeg

Mad Garden Gnome

Rank V
Launch Member

Off-Road Ranger I

Templeton, Ca
First Name
Ryan
Last Name
Marlett
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
W6ORV
Hey everyone,
Picked up my F250 beginning of this year. My wife, daughter and two dogs are trying to explore more and more. Checked out Alabama Hills and Pismo so far. Looking to join in when possible. We are in the Santa Clarita area (Magic Mountain).
Nice to be part of the club
Michael
Very good! Another full size

Welcome!

Reactions: WhiteBetty

BeardedOverland

Rank VI

Off-Road Ranger I

Kingman, Arizona, United States
First Name
JASON
Last Name
SMITH
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
WRUH443
Hey everyone,

My first car was a 1985 CJ7, and I fell in love with getting out and going as far as I could. I've built Baja's into campers, and camped from the back of a KLR650. Although I consider myself no more than a novice, I do have a long history in fact.... Five Jeeps, Two Baja's, Four bikes (both motorized and non), and a Samurai or two, I find myself downsizing and traveling lighter. Past three years I've been exploring the back country in a 2010 Kia Soul (yes really), which I just retired this December for a Kia Sportage AWD. The family and I live on an 80 ranch 30 miles from the nearest town, off pavement and the grid. Although my main focus is in non-motorized, hiking and paddling. After a lifetime of exploring the deserts of Southern California and Arizona, we are setting our sights on more northern climates, hence the smaller lighter, more fuel efficient transportation.

Terryfzj80

Rank 0

Contributor I

Hello from southern Virginia! I have an1993 FZJ 80 locked x3 lift and tons of accessories and add ons. Mainly rock crawling and mud slinging but now im into the overland thing. Pretty cool to drive a trail and throw out a tent for a night or two. Very anxious to get into overlanding as much as possible.

Peace

Last edited:

Mad Garden Gnome

Rank V
Launch Member

Off-Road Ranger I

Templeton, Ca
First Name
Ryan
Last Name
Marlett
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
W6ORV
Hey everyone,

My first car was a 1985 CJ7, and I fell in love with getting out and going as far as I could. I've built Baja's into campers, and camped from the back of a KLR650. Although I consider myself no more than a novice, I do have a long history in fact.... Five Jeeps, Two Baja's, Four bikes (both motorized and non), and a Samurai or two, I find myself downsizing and traveling lighter. Past three years I've been exploring the back country in a 2010 Kia Soul (yes really), which I just retired this December for a Kia Sportage AWD. The family and I live on an 80 ranch 30 miles from the nearest town, off pavement and the grid. Although my main focus is in non-motorized, hiking and paddling. After a lifetime of exploring the deserts of Southern California and Arizona, we are setting our sights on more northern climates, hence the smaller lighter, more fuel efficient transportation.
Welcome! I have years of memories in my dad's CJ7.

Mad Garden Gnome

Rank V
Launch Member

Off-Road Ranger I

Templeton, Ca
First Name
Ryan
Last Name
Marlett
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
W6ORV
Hello from southern Virginia! I have an1993 FZJ 80 locked x3 lift and tons of accessories and add ons. Mainly rock crawling and mud slinging but now im into the overland thing. Pretty cool to drive a trail and throw out a tent for a night or two. Very anxious to get into overlanding as much as possible.

Peace
Welcome! Love them 80's.

xKennyx

Rank III
Launch Member

Traveler I

New to the forums. My name is Kenny, member number 1617. I'm new to overland and new to 4x4s. This is my rig currently, a 2001 XJ with 126k miles. I have a slew of hardware I'm about to put on it, but sadly I lack a garage and the right tools so I'm on a buddy's schedule (some of you may know how that is). I'd love to take her out on the Mojave, and I'm looking into routes around the Midwest/Indiana area. Anyways, glad to be here and looking forward to getting out on the trails!

Wawa Skittletits

Local Expert East Region USA
Staff member
Launch Member

Expedition Master I

Wilkes-Barre, PA, USA
First Name
Drew
Last Name
Hawley
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
WRBZ674
Service Branch
USN veteran
Thank you for the welcome NorthStar96. I've been periodically checking out the site and finally decided to pull the trigger on becoming a member and signing up for the forums.

I grew up spending as much time as I could on trails and in the woods but somewhere along the way I lost the time. No excuses anymore as a life of work/sports have slowed me down. Not to mention I now have a child that I am looking forward to spending time doing all the things I enjoyed growing up all over again with. This site as well as a few others are inspiring. The DD Outback is being lifted and outfitted and I'm looking forward to becoming an active member.

Mad Garden Gnome

Rank V
Launch Member

Off-Road Ranger I

Templeton, Ca
First Name
Ryan
Last Name
Marlett
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
W6ORV
New to the forums. My name is Kenny, member number 1617. I'm new to overland and new to 4x4s. This is my rig currently, a 2001 XJ with 126k miles. I have a slew of hardware I'm about to put on it, but sadly I lack a garage and the right tools so I'm on a buddy's schedule (some of you may know how that is). I'd love to take her out on the Mojave, and I'm looking into routes around the Midwest/Indiana area. Anyways, glad to be here and looking forward to getting out on the trails!

I really like those XJ's. Welcome!