Kent
Last Name
Reynolds
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K6KNT
Service Branch
Retired Firefighter
Hello everyone. I’m glad and excited to join the Overland Bound Community and I’m looking forward to adventures with everyone here. I’m a recently retired US Navy sailor (20 yrs) looking to enjoy some of the freedoms civilian’s do enjoy such as overlanding. My rig is a 2015 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon (a work in progress). My experience in overlanding is limited and my closest experience to overlanding was hauling all our camping gear to move from North Chicago, Illinois to Central Coast California after my military retirement. I’m a fairly experienced camper and backpacker but I’m definitely new to overlanding and would like to gain more experience and skills through this community. Thank you.
Welcome to Overland Bound!

Don't hesitate to contact your Regional Director for help or information. The Regional Director can also get you in touch with a Member Representative that might be close to you and have local information.

Kent R

Executive Director
Staff member
Mod Team

Pathfinder III

El Dorado, Ca
First Name
Kent
Last Name
Reynolds
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K6KNT
Service Branch
Retired Firefighter
View attachment 96621
Hi Guys,

Name is Kyle, from North Fort Worth, TX area, just a dad trying to get out and explore and enjoy the outdoors. I currently have a 2018 Nissan Titan XD as my rig. Have mostly owned Nissans and toyotas in the past. Grew up camping with my dad when I was younger, hope to do the same with my children as well.

Just recently took a trip up to Lake Meredith area which is where I took this photo at, the rig performed very well. I just recently joined the overland bound group, so wish to come here and gain more knowledge, share stories, and hopefully meet up with all of you one day.

Kyle

Check the forum calendar and Meet-Up page for events, and the Trip Planing page for trips being planed by members.
Overland Bound Meetups

You are in the Southwest Region, local information can also be found in the “Overland Bound by Region”
North America

This is a link to the Overland Bound Southeast Rally.
Overland Bound Rally Southeast 2019!

Here is the link to contact your Regional Director. The Regional Director can advise you of a Member Representative close to you.
Overland Bound Regions!

Kent R

Executive Director
Staff member
Mod Team

Pathfinder III

El Dorado, Ca
First Name
Kent
Last Name
Reynolds
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K6KNT
Service Branch
Retired Firefighter
Recently joined!
Vehicle: 2019 Toyota 4Runner TRD Offroad Premium
Novice Overlander Intermediate Camper. Already found a lot of ways to improve our kit.
So far I've change to BF Goodrich Ko2 AT tires, Prinsudesigns rack,
RSG slides are next on deck
Mountain Bike a lot. Want to get more efficient at packing, gear etc to get out of town faster and more often.

Don't hesitate to contact your Regional Director for help or information. The Regional Director can also get you in touch with a Member Representative that might be close to you and have local information.

JoeySzeszko

Rank I
Launch Member

Member I

Cumming, GA, USA
Member #

Hello, my name is Joey, my girlfriend, my dog Thomas and I are traveling North America in our 2012 Ford F-250 and North Star Laredo SC truck camper. The truck is mostly stock, just larger mud terrain tires and airbags in the rear for the campers weight. We’re currently fitting solar to the camper to keep us power independent on our travels as we plan on being off road and almost solely dry camping.

My experience long distance/long term overlanding would be novice at best, but I do have a lot of experience off-roading and trail riding with my previous two 3rd gen Toyota 4runners.

We’re excited to be part of the community and would be more than happy to help anyone in need if we can.

JNewton99

Rank IV
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

Center, TX, USA
First Name
Jonathan
Last Name
Newton
Member #

Hey everybody! New here but not to the sport. Sold my "rig" a while back and looking to get into another tacoma and start building here soon. Looking forwards to the knowledge on this forum this time around.

Rig: Working on that, working on getting back into a Tacoma.
Experience: Decent. Have had a rig for as long as I can remember. Grew up camping and backpacking.

RafterJB

Rank II
Launch Member

Enthusiast I

Hooks, TX, USA
First Name
Justin
Last Name
Binning
Member #

Service Branch
Army
Hey everybody! New here but not to the sport. Sold my "rig" a while back and looking to get into another tacoma and start building here soon. Looking forwards to the knowledge on this forum this time around.

Experience: Decent. Have had a rig for as long as I can remember. Grew up camping and backpacking.
Where in east Texas are you?

GlobalRoamer

Rank 0

Contributor I

Greetings all. Been lurking in the forum for awhile. Just bought our "rig" and are taking the approach of using it and seeing what works before making a lot of mods.

Rig is a (new to me) 2013 Suburban z71 (1500) 4x4.

I'm new to overlanding, but have been interested for a long time. The Sub made sense for us because, as a family of 6, we are always using all 3 rows. There seemed to be more support for the platform than the Expedition EL (which I also like) and just newer than an excursion.

I've got to work out different wheels and tires, possibly a lift, and a winch. I'd like to do a receiver mounted winch but haven't seen someone set it up on this model suburban. If you know of someone let me know!

Thanks and love the forum and the folks.9680296803

Magic Mike

US Full-time/Long Term Travel Ambassador
Launch Member

Expedition Master I

Rapid City, South Dakota, United States
First Name
Michael
Last Name
Lee
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KM6YKV
Service Branch
Army & Marine Corps
Greetings all. Been lurking in the forum for awhile. Just bought our "rig" and are taking the approach of using it and seeing what works before making a lot of mods.

I'm new to overlanding, but have been interested for a long time. The Sub made sense for us because, as a family of 6, we are always using all 3 rows. There seemed to be more support for the platform than the Expedition EL (which I also like) and just newer than an excursion.

I've got to work out different wheels and tires, possibly a lift, and a winch. I'd like to do a receiver mounted winch but haven't seen someone set it up on this model suburban. If you know of someone let me know!

Thanks and love the forum and the folks.
Welcome to Overland Bound

Magic Mike

US Full-time/Long Term Travel Ambassador
Launch Member

Expedition Master I

Rapid City, South Dakota, United States
First Name
Michael
Last Name
Lee
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KM6YKV
Service Branch
Army & Marine Corps
View attachment 96696

Hello, my name is Joey, my girlfriend, my dog Thomas and I are traveling North America in our 2012 Ford F-250 and North Star Laredo SC truck camper. The truck is mostly stock, just larger mud terrain tires and airbags in the rear for the campers weight. We’re currently fitting solar to the camper to keep us power independent on our travels as we plan on being off road and almost solely dry camping.

My experience long distance/long term overlanding would be novice at best, but I do have a lot of experience off-roading and trail riding with my previous two 3rd gen Toyota 4runners.

We’re excited to be part of the community and would be more than happy to help anyone in need if we can.
Welcome to Overland Bound

Reactions: Bob Dunlop

Kent R

Executive Director
Staff member
Mod Team

Pathfinder III

El Dorado, Ca
First Name
Kent
Last Name
Reynolds
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K6KNT
Service Branch
Retired Firefighter
Hello! From East Texas with 2017 wrangler. Not new to camping or off roading just never did them at the same time.

Check the forum calendar and Meet-Up page for events, and the Trip Planing page for trips being planed by members.
Overland Bound Meetups

You are in the Southwest Region, local information can also be found in the “Overland Bound by Region”
North America

Here is the link to contact your Regional Director. The Regional Director can advise you of a Member Representative close to you.
Overland Bound Regions!

Kent R

Executive Director
Staff member
Mod Team

Pathfinder III

El Dorado, Ca
First Name
Kent
Last Name
Reynolds
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K6KNT
Service Branch
Retired Firefighter

Thanks and love the forum and the folks.View attachment 96802View attachment 96803

Overland Bound Meetups

North America

Overland Bound Regions!

Kent R

Executive Director
Staff member
Mod Team

Pathfinder III

El Dorado, Ca
First Name
Kent
Last Name
Reynolds
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K6KNT
Service Branch
Retired Firefighter

Overland Bound Meetups

North America

Overland Bound Regions!

Reactions: JNewton99

Kent R

Executive Director
Staff member
Mod Team

Pathfinder III

El Dorado, Ca
First Name
Kent
Last Name
Reynolds
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K6KNT
Service Branch
Retired Firefighter
View attachment 96696

Overland Bound Meetups

Since you are traveling North America here is a link to local information “Overland Bound by Region”
North America

Overland Bound Regions!

Yankeewoodsman

Rank II
Launch Member

Member II

Cheshire, CT
First Name
Jason
Last Name
Polaski
Member #

Hello everyone! I’m finally getting into overlanding after years of wanting to as the kids get older, and the back won’t let me backpack anymore. I just picked up a 2018 Jeep JL Sport unlimited and started building it up. I’m very excited to be a part of this community, and new adventure!

Bob Dunlop

Rank I
Launch Member

Contributor I

Glen Allen, Va. USA
First Name
Bob
Last Name
Dunlop
Member #

Hello everyone! I’m finally getting into overlanding after years of wanting to as the kids get older, and the back won’t let me backpack anymore. I just picked up a 2018 Jeep JL Sport unlimited and started building it up. I’m very excited to be a part of this community, and new adventure!
Welcome!

Reactions: Yankeewoodsman

Jim SoG

Forums Manager
Staff member
Investor

Educator I

Reno, Nevada, United States
First Name
Jim
Last Name
Bro
Member #

Service Branch
USAF DAV

Welcome!

Jim

Reactions: Yankeewoodsman

DeltaBravo

Rank V
Launch Member

Advocate I

Sun City, TX
First Name
Dennis
Last Name
B
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
AG1N
Hello from Central Texas! I've been lurking for a while and was impressed with all of the information available, so I signed up!

I don't have any "Overlanding" experience yet, unless you count 3+ years full time in an RV, with a BMW GS on a lift, and towing a Wrangler. Been away from all that for quite a few years, but am hoping to get "back" into exploration again, this time more OFF ROAD than ON. I'm learning what my Grand Cherokee Trailhawk can do, hopefully without breaking it (it's new!).

Anyway, I hope I can learn a lot more, and maybe even make a contribution or two.

Dennis
2019 JGC Trailhawk in White