Santa Rosa, CA, USA
First Name
John
Last Name
Pence
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KN6DJM
Hello! I’m John from Santa Rosa, CA. I’ve got a 2002 Pathfinder with a 3” lift and 31 BFG KO2’s. My family and I love the outdoors, camping, hiking, backpacking, mountaineering, biking, etc. We’re new to over landing and places to go.

I’m looking forward to meeting people and getting ideas!

Narbob

US West Region Director
Staff member
Founder 500

Pathfinder II

Culver City California
First Name
Bob
Last Name
Brann
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KJ6W0A
Hello! I’m John from Santa Rosa, CA. I’ve got a 2002 Pathfinder with a 3” lift and 31 BFG KO2’s. My family and I love the outdoors, camping, hiking, backpacking, mountaineering, biking, etc. We’re new to over landing and places to go.

Welcome to Overland Bound!

Check the forum calendar and Meet-Up page for events, and the Trip Planing page for trips being planned by members.

Overland Bound Meetups

If you have any questions message your Member Representative, @Magic Mike, or me, your Regional Director, on the forum at @Narbob

Reactions: Nomadik Nova

Narbob

US West Region Director
Staff member
Founder 500

Pathfinder II

Culver City California
First Name
Bob
Last Name
Brann
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KJ6W0A
Hello Everyone, name is Chris or CJ depending on how many Chris's are in a room...

About Me:
*I'm a Stationary (Building) Engineer by trade and a HVAC Tech by Education.
*Live in the San Fernando Valley in Los Angeles.
*Always been Fascinated with self reliance and the ability to do way more with a vehicle than the average person.
*Despite my desires to live a simpler life, i love gear and i love knowing how it works, yes i am an engineer and yes my parents were concerned for a very long time.
*Experienced At home mechanic, but mostly on Hot Rods and Race Cars. (Smaller Vehicles)
*Trained in TCCC
*Amateur Radio Technician LicenseView attachment 96408

Experience:
*Grew up going to the mountains and fishing, before injuries, was an avid hiker and backpacker.
*Spent lots of time hill climbing and mudding when it did rain in So Cal.
*Very New to Overlanding, got in to because i love the self reliance and i am fan of road trips to say the least... came from a world of high horsepower lowered trucks and hot hatchback track cars, thankful that i scared the need for speed out of myself at an early age.

The Rig:
Gen 3 Tacoma TRD Off-Road in White.
Mods include Relentless Fab Stingray Lo-Pro Bumper, RCI Skid plates (IFS, Trans and LCA, Transfer Case will be next), Exhaust Re-route around T-Case, magnaflow 14" Offset 2.5 inch Muffler, with Dump after Rear axle SPod SE power-Distro System, Smittybilt X2O 10,000# Synthetic Line Winch (I'm on a budget), All Rigid Industries Auxiliary Lighting (Fog Lights, Amber Grille Spot Lights, 10" SR Series Light Bar, D- Series Dually H/L Ditch/Spot lights on A Pillar) Prinsu Designs Roof Rack, maxtrax and Front Runner 1.4M Awning,.
Suspension is Bilstein 5100's front and Rear with Pro Comp Leafs and factory TRD Coil Springs

Interior Electronics are SPod SE panel, Uniden CMX660 CB Radio and a Yaesu FT8900R with Cross Band Repeat for my FT-70dr Handheld.

View attachment 96410View attachment 96411View attachment 96412View attachment 96413View attachment 96414View attachment 96416
Hello Everyone, name is Chris or CJ depending on how many Chris's are in a room...

About Me:
*Always been Fascinated with self reliance and the ability to do way more with a vehicle than the average person.
*Despite my desires to live a simpler life, i love gear and i love knowing how it works, yes i am an engineer and yes my parents were concerned for a very long time.
*Experienced At home mechanic, but mostly on Hot Rods and Race Cars. (Smaller Vehicles)
*Trained in TCCC

Experience:
*Grew up going to the mountains and fishing, before injuries, was an avid hiker and backpacker.
*Very New to Overlanding, got in to because i love the self reliance and i am fan of road trips to say the least... came from a world of high horsepower lowered trucks and hot hatchback track cars, thankful that i scared the need for speed out of myself at an early age.

The Rig:
Mods include Relentless Fab Stingray Lo-Pro Bumper, RCI Skid plates (IFS, Trans and LCA, Transfer Case will be next), Exhaust Re-route around T-Case, magnaflow 14" Offset 2.5 inch Muffler, with Dump after Rear axle SPod SE power-Distro System, Smittybilt X2O 10,000# Synthetic Line Winch (I'm on a budget), All Rigid Industries Auxiliary Lighting (Fog Lights, Amber Grille Spot Lights, 10" SR Series Light Bar, D- Series Dually H/L Ditch/Spot lights on A Pillar) Prinsu Designs Roof Rack, maxtrax and Front Runner 1.4M Awning,.
Suspension is Bilstein 5100's front and Rear with Pro Comp Leafs and factory TRD Coil Springs

Interior Electronics are SPod SE panel, Uniden CMX660 CB Radio and a Yaesu FT8900R with Cross Band Repeat for my FT-70dr Handheld.

View attachment 96410View attachment 96411View attachment 96412View attachment 96413View attachment 96414View attachment 96416
Welcome to Overland Bound, great looking rig and set up!

Check the forum calendar and Meet-Up page for events, and the Trip Planing page for trips being planed by members.

Overland Bound Meetups

We have a LA meetup the second Saturday of each month and you’re welcome to join us.
West US - Reoccurring - OverlandBound Westside LA Meetup - 03/09/2019

If you have any questions message your Member Representative,@Barclay, or me, your Regional Director, on the forum at @Narbob

Reactions: Nomadik Nova

Kent R

Executive Director
Staff member
Mod Team

Pathfinder III

El Dorado, Ca
First Name
Kent
Last Name
Reynolds
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K6KNT
Service Branch
Retired Firefighter
Hello, Overlanders!
Excited to be a member of the team and look forward to hitting the trails. I have a 2018 Jeep Rubicon.

Don't hesitate to contact your Regional Director for help or information. The Regional Director can also get you in touch with a Member Representative that might be close to you and have local information.

Kent R

Executive Director
Staff member
Mod Team

Pathfinder III

El Dorado, Ca
First Name
Kent
Last Name
Reynolds
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K6KNT
Service Branch
Retired Firefighter
I'm Jacques
i am from Quebec CND
My rig is jeep wrangler JL Rubicon and a Quick Silver Rock climber tent camper
I'm new at Overlanding

Don't hesitate to contact your Regional Director for help or information. The Regional Director can also get you in touch with a Member Representative that might be close to you and have local information.

Reactions: lemaycanique

Kent R

Executive Director
Staff member
Mod Team

Pathfinder III

El Dorado, Ca
First Name
Kent
Last Name
Reynolds
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K6KNT
Service Branch
Retired Firefighter
Im a new member (been reading the forum for a year though). So far I really like how the forum is set up and people have been really nice here as well.
Overland Bound Rally SE 2019:

Check the forum calendar and Meet-Up page for events, and the Trip Planing page for trips being planed by members.
Overland Bound Meetups

You are in the Southwest Region, local information can also be found in the “Overland Bound by Region”
North America

This is a link to the Overland Bound Southeast Rally.
Overland Bound Rally Southeast 2019!

Here is the link to contact your Regional Director. The Regional Director can advise you of a Member Representative close to you.
Overland Bound Regions!

Kent R

Executive Director
Staff member
Mod Team

Pathfinder III

El Dorado, Ca
First Name
Kent
Last Name
Reynolds
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K6KNT
Service Branch
Retired Firefighter
Good morning y'all! I was a lurker here for a while, then my wonderful wife gifted me an OB membership, so lurk no more! I grew up just south of the blue ridge mountains in northern SC. Spent quite a bit of time backpacking, mountain biking, and motorcycling in that area. We moved to the southwest from the southeast a few years ago and have fallen in love with the geography here and are eager to explore it. I'm no stranger to the outdoors, but relatively new to overlanding and looking forward to being an active member of the community. I'm currently finishing my "track day/beauty queen turned overlanding rig" WRX wagon build (hopefully she'll be trail ready by summer!)

Overland Bound Meetups

You are in the Southeast Region, local information can also be found in the “Overland Bound by Region”
North America

This is a link to the Overland Bound Southeast Rally.
Overland Bound Rally Southeast 2019!

Here is the link to contact your Regional Director. The Regional Director can advise you of a Member Representative close to you.
Overland Bound Regions!

Kent R

Executive Director
Staff member
Mod Team

Pathfinder III

El Dorado, Ca
First Name
Kent
Last Name
Reynolds
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K6KNT
Service Branch
Retired Firefighter

FYI, I am planing a meet-up in Santa Rosa this year, you will receive an invite from the forum.

Kent R

Executive Director
Staff member
Mod Team

Pathfinder III

El Dorado, Ca
First Name
Kent
Last Name
Reynolds
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K6KNT
Service Branch
Retired Firefighter

About Me:
*Trained in TCCC

Experience:

The Rig:

Reactions: Gabriel Bozeman

Bentwentyniner

Rank I
Launch Member

Member I

Tustin, CA, USA
Member #

Recently joined!
Vehicle: 2019 Toyota 4Runner TRD Offroad Premium
Novice Overlander Intermediate Camper. Already found a lot of ways to improve our kit.
So far I've change to BF Goodrich Ko2 AT tires, Prinsudesigns rack,
RSG slides are next on deck
Mountain Bike a lot. Want to get more efficient at packing, gear etc to get out of town faster and more often.

Magic Mike

US Full-time/Long Term Travel Ambassador
Launch Member

Expedition Master I

Rapid City, South Dakota, United States
First Name
Michael
Last Name
Lee
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KM6YKV
Service Branch
Army & Marine Corps

About Me:
*Trained in TCCC

Experience:

The Rig:

WEST LA CA.
Overland Bound Meetups
Overland Trip Planning
West US - Reoccurring - OverlandBound Westside LA Meetup - 03/09/2019
If you have any questions message your Regional Director on the forum at @Narbob

I am one of the U.S. West Member Representatives, if there is anything I can do to help message me at @Magic Mike
If you have any questions message your Regional Director on the forum at @Narbob

Magic Mike

Launch Member

Expedition Master I

First Name
Michael
Last Name
Lee
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KM6YKV
Service Branch
Army & Marine Corps
Recently joined!
Vehicle: 2019 Toyota 4Runner TRD Offroad Premium
Novice Overlander Intermediate Camper. Already found a lot of ways to improve our kit.
So far I've change to BF Goodrich Ko2 AT tires, Prinsudesigns rack,
RSG slides are next on deck
Mountain Bike a lot. Want to get more efficient at packing, gear etc to get out of town faster and more often.
ORANGE COUNTY:
Overland Bound Meetups
Overland Trip Planning
There is a meet-up in Orange County that you might be interested in. West US - Reoccurring - Orange County Overland Bound Monthly Meet-up - 12/01/2018

I am one of the U.S. West Member Representatives, if there is anything I can do to help message me at @Magic Mike

Reactions: Bentwentyniner

Magic Mike

Launch Member

Expedition Master I

First Name
Michael
Last Name
Lee
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KM6YKV
Service Branch
Army & Marine Corps

FYI, I am planing a meet-up in Santa Rosa this year, you will receive an invite from the forum.
Send the invite as well Kent! Thanks.

kylevd23

Rank I
Launch Member

Member I

Member #

Hi Guys,

Name is Kyle, from North Fort Worth, TX area, just a dad trying to get out and explore and enjoy the outdoors. I currently have a 2018 Nissan Titan XD as my rig. Have mostly owned Nissans and toyotas in the past. Grew up camping with my dad when I was younger, hope to do the same with my children as well.

Just recently took a trip up to Lake Meredith area which is where I took this photo at, the rig performed very well. I just recently joined the overland bound group, so wish to come here and gain more knowledge, share stories, and hopefully meet up with all of you one day.

Kyle

Solid Squid

Rank II
Launch Member

Contributor III

Atascadero, CA, USA
First Name
Don
Last Name
Samson
Member #

Hello everyone. I’m glad and excited to join the Overland Bound Community and I’m looking forward to adventures with everyone here. I’m a recently retired US Navy sailor (20 yrs) looking to enjoy some of the freedoms civilian’s do enjoy such as overlanding. My rig is a 2015 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon (a work in progress). My experience in overlanding is limited and my closest experience to overlanding was hauling all our camping gear to move from North Chicago, Illinois to Central Coast California after my military retirement. I’m a fairly experienced camper and backpacker but I’m definitely new to overlanding and would like to gain more experience and skills through this community. Thank you.

Attachments

Magic Mike

Launch Member

Expedition Master I

First Name
Michael
Last Name
Lee
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KM6YKV
Service Branch
Army & Marine Corps
View attachment 96621
Hi Guys,

Name is Kyle, from North Fort Worth, TX area, just a dad trying to get out and explore and enjoy the outdoors. I currently have a 2018 Nissan Titan XD as my rig. Have mostly owned Nissans and toyotas in the past. Grew up camping with my dad when I was younger, hope to do the same with my children as well.

Just recently took a trip up to Lake Meredith area which is where I took this photo at, the rig performed very well. I just recently joined the overland bound group, so wish to come here and gain more knowledge, share stories, and hopefully meet up with all of you one day.

Kyle
Nice rig, welcome to Overland Bound.

Magic Mike

Launch Member

Expedition Master I

First Name
Michael
Last Name
Lee
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KM6YKV
Service Branch
Army & Marine Corps
Hello everyone. I’m glad and excited to join the Overland Bound Community and I’m looking forward to adventures with everyone here. I’m a recently retired US Navy sailor (20 yrs) looking to enjoy some of the freedoms civilian’s do enjoy such as overlanding. My rig is a 2015 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon (a work in progress). My experience in overlanding is limited and my closest experience to overlanding was hauling all our camping gear to move from North Chicago, Illinois to Central Coast California after my military retirement. I’m a fairly experienced camper and backpacker but I’m definitely new to overlanding and would like to gain more experience and skills through this community. Thank you.
Welcome to Overland Bound, very nice rig! Make sure check the forums for local meet ups and trips!

I am you member representative and you have any questions or concerns feel free to contact me @Magic Mike.

You can also contact our regional Director @Narbob.