First Name
Rob
Last Name
Cooney
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KC3OXS
Another newbie here.

Rig: 2017 Ford Raptor mated to a (new to us) 2010 Airstream International 27FB (our older 23 is pictured)
Experience: Lots of backcountry stuff, former river and backpacking guide. "Vehicle based" travel includes lots of cross country trips and "approaches" for mountaineering routes out west, so beginner to intermediate in that realm.

IMG_3775.JPG

Magic Mike

US Full-time/Long Term Travel Ambassador
Launch Member

Expedition Master I

Rapid City, South Dakota, United States
First Name
Michael
Last Name
Lee
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KM6YKV
Service Branch
Army & Marine Corps
Hi,
This is my 95 Land Rover Discovery. All mods have been done by myself. I try to manufacture as many of them as I can as opposed to kits. She has never had anyone but me turn a wrench on her and she has 300,000 miles on her original 3.9 V8. I have plans to do a major build on her over the next year and a half. I came across a build thread on this site: "Nanuuq" my Land Rover Discovery 2, ...forever a project!" which is why I joined. The forum also seems better developed than most of the LR forums I belong to, from a technical perspective.

I am in East Texas but have offices in Dallas, Houston, Boston, Chicago, and Connecticut. So I move around the country quite a bit. Up until this year, she has been my daily driver, but with the build upgrades, I have planned I have taken her off the road for everyday driving. (For now)

Best,
Tony

Welcome to Overland Bound

Reactions: Walt

Magic Mike

Launch Member

Expedition Master I

First Name
Michael
Last Name
Lee
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KM6YKV
Service Branch
Army & Marine Corps
1) THE BEAST
2) Location > South Florida
3) Rig > 2000 TOYOTA LAND CRUISER (those 20s are gonna go 16x8 soon)
4) Overlanding Experience Background: New to Overlanding, but have gone tent camping with my kids numerous times. looking forward to Overlanding with my 3 Kids across the US during summer vacay.

Magic Mike

Launch Member

Expedition Master I

First Name
Michael
Last Name
Lee
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KM6YKV
Service Branch
Army & Marine Corps
Another newbie here.

Rig: 2017 Ford Raptor mated to a (new to us) 2010 Airstream International 27FB (our older 23 is pictured)
Experience: Lots of backcountry stuff, former river and backpacking guide. "Vehicle based" travel includes lots of cross country trips and "approaches" for mountaineering routes out west, so beginner to intermediate in that realm.

View attachment 96159

Reactions: Bob Dunlop

Lygrin

Rank I
Launch Member

Member I

Tacoma, WA, USA
First Name
Mark
Last Name
Villasenor
Hi all!

Rig: 2019 Tacoma TRD Off Road
Overlanding Experience: I have quite a bit of backpacking and ground camping experience, but I’m a total novice to overlanding! The wife and I are really looking forward to exploring the rest of the beautiful USA.

Desert Runner

Rank VII
Launch Member

Expedition Master III

Southern Nevada
First Name
Jerold
Last Name
F.
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
/GMRS=WREA307
Hi all!

View attachment 96183

Overlanding Experience: I have quite a bit of backpacking and ground camping experience, but I’m a total novice to overlanding! The wife and I are really looking forward to exploring the rest of the beautiful USA.
A nice simple color combonation. The tire/wheel combo say's 'Ready for travel' :grinning: Welcome aboard.

Magic Mike

Launch Member

Expedition Master I

First Name
Michael
Last Name
Lee
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KM6YKV
Service Branch
Army & Marine Corps
Hi all!

View attachment 96183

Welcome to Overland Bound!
Check the forum calendar and Meet-Up page for events, and the Trip Planing page for trips being planed by members.
Overland Bound Meetups
Overland Trip Planning
West - Reoccurring - OverlandBound Westside LA Meetup - 03/09/2019
If you have any questions message your Regional Director on the forum at @Narbob

San Fernando Valley
https://www.overlandbound.com/forums/threads/san-fernando-valley-los-angeles-ca-monthly-meet-up-sfv-rigs-and-coffee.19086/

I am one of the U.S. West Member Representatives, if there is anything I can do to help message me at @Magic Mike
If you have any questions message your Regional Director on the forum at @Narbob

Desert Runner

Rank VII
Launch Member

Expedition Master III

Southern Nevada
First Name
Jerold
Last Name
F.
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
/GMRS=WREA307
Hi all!

View attachment 96183

If you are going to keep the front fascia stock, get yourself a front recovery point like the ARB or similar. If you have a trailer hitch option, buy yourself a 'hitch stinger' as a rear recovery point, than purchase a basic/simple recovery shackle and strap, for that first time you get stuck.

Lygrin

Rank I
Launch Member

Member I

Tacoma, WA, USA
First Name
Mark
Last Name
Villasenor
If you are going to keep the front fascia stock, get yourself a front recovery point like the ARB or similar. If you have a trailer hitch option, buy yourself a 'hitch stinger' as a rear recovery point, than purchase a basic/simple recovery shackle and strap, for that first time you get stuck.
Thanks for the tip! I’ve started going through some of the forum guides and trying to absorb all I can.

Reactions: Desert Runner

Texas_1836

Rank 0

Contributor I

Howdy!

Rig: 2002 Ford Explorer Sport Trac
Overlanding Experience: Novice-ish. Done a couple trips down Padre Island National Seashore from the north and south, and a few weekend trips in the Black Hills about a decade ago. Just moved the family up to Washington to enjoy the great outdoors!

Look forward to meeting like minded folks.

JonoTroopy

Rank I

Enthusiast I

Colorado
Member #

Welcome @JonoTroopy, good looking setup you have there.

You are in the Southwest Region. Check out the Southwest Region sub-forum for local information and involvement opportunities.

Here is the link to the forum calendar and Meet-Up event page: Overland Bound Meetups
Or to check out what other members are planning go here: Overland Trip Planning

June 7th – 9th is the OB Rally Southeast in the Ozark National Forest in Arkansas.

There is also a recurring meet up in Round Rock on the 1st Saturday of each month.

If you have any questions let me know.
AWESOME! Thank you!!!

Magic Mike

Launch Member

Expedition Master I

First Name
Michael
Last Name
Lee
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KM6YKV
Service Branch
Army & Marine Corps
Howdy!

View attachment 96213

Overlanding Experience: Novice-ish. Done a couple trips down Padre Island National Seashore from the north and south, and a few weekend trips in the Black Hills about a decade ago. Just moved the family up to Washington to enjoy the great outdoors!

Welcome to Overland Bound, Nice Ranger..

Jedi

Rank VI
Staff member
Launch Member

Off-Road Ranger I

Arlington, WA, USA
First Name
Brie
Last Name
McClory
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K6JDI
Howdy!

View attachment 96213

Hiya @Texas_1836, welcome to Overland Bound and to the Pacific Northwest! You made a great choice coming to Washington and, more specifically, the North Sound area. There is so much to see and do up here that you will never be bored. As for meeting like minded folks, there is a great opportunity to do that tomorrow, right in your own backyard. One of the local members, @Gabriel Bozeman, has set up a recurring meetup (1st Friday of every month) in Burlington at the mall [link]. It would be great if you can make it out. This is just one of the many events that occur up here throughout the year. The biggest, the Northwest Overland Rally, is coming up in the end of June [link] and will be a great place to meet other overlanders, check out rigs, and learn important skills.

The best place to find out what is happening in the region is to visit the Rally Point system [link]. New events are usually posted up there once the planning is done. To get in on the planning and to get to know your neighbors, I recommend checking in on our NorthWest Region forum [link].

I look forward to meeting you soon. Until then, please feel free to send me a message via the forums, @Jedi, if you need anything.

Reactions: Gabriel Bozeman

Hank Outdoors

Rank VI
Launch Member

Member III

Robertson County, Tennessee, United States
First Name
Sean Hank
Last Name
Haney
Member #

Hank Outdoors

Rank VI
Launch Member

Member III

Robertson County, Tennessee, United States
First Name
Sean Hank
Last Name
Haney
Member #

Another newbie here.

View attachment 96159
Welcome to OLB and the East Region!
If you have any questions or want help planning a trip or meetup of your own feel free to message me.

When looking for events near you check the Calendar at:
https://www.overlandbound.com/forums/calendar
Looking for a meetup? Check this link:
Overland Bound Meetups
Looking for the U.S. East Forum? Check this link:
U.S. East (VA WV MD DE NJ PA NY CT RI MA NH VT ME)

FreeRangeRedneck

Rank 0
Launch Member

Contributor I

Alabama, USA
First Name
James
Last Name
Radford
Member #

Hello everyone New member here. My name is James I’m from North East Alabama. I have been following th overland community for a few years now and finally have built my arsenal enough to jump into it my self full time. I have had many vehicles with some kind of out doors exploring set up for as long as I can remember. I love being outdoors it’s my happy place. I now live full time in my 2005 Nissan Armada 4x4 with a ruff stuff RTT and back up sleeping option in the back. My off grid power is 4 102 Ah battery’s and a backup gen. Working on my onboard water. Basic camp stove and cook wear. Upgrades to come is Arb front bumper, 2 inch mini lift, on board air, water sorce, and sliding drawer set up in back, fridge freezer, and lockers. Very happy to be a member now #17517 cant wait to see where this takes me.

Attachments

Kent R

Executive Director
Staff member
Mod Team

Pathfinder III

El Dorado, Ca
First Name
Kent
Last Name
Reynolds
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K6KNT
Service Branch
Retired Firefighter
View attachment 96157View attachment 96157Have been meaning to do this for months....about time huh? Walt, Tulsa OK, '86 Toy, 4runner. THX for bringing me in.
Welcome to Overland Bound!

Check the forum calendar and Meet-Up page for events, and the Trip Planing page for trips being planed by members.
Overland Bound Meetups
Overland Trip Planning

There is meet-up in the Ripon/Modesto area;
West - Central California Monthly Meet Up

You are in the Southwest Region, local information can also be found in the “Overlland Bound by Region”

Here is the link to contact your Regional Director.
Overland Bound Regions!