Kent
Last Name
Reynolds
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K6KNT
Service Branch
Retired Firefighter
Hi all, Jay, KC9QOW, hailing from Terre Haute Indiana. I got interested in exploring our national park system a few years back after watching a documentary and have had a chance to do some backwoods backpacking in Glacier National Park and North Manitou Island in Lake Michigan. While researching those trips I discovered overlanding and fell in love with the idea of being mobile but away from the rat race !!!!

I've got a 2002 Jeep Grand Cherokee Overland edition so it's only fitting that overlanding is the direction I should be heading. My Jeep is still basically stock but I have ideas.

The Midwest is where I grew up, but after vacationing out west, that's where I would rather be !!!! I hope to meet some of you like minded folks out on the trail one day !!!View attachment 91378View attachment 91380
Welcome to Overland Bound!

Check the forum calendar and Meet-Up page for events, and the Trip Planing page for trips being planed by members.
Overland Bound Meetups

You are in the Midwest Region, local information can also be found in the “Overland Bound by Region”

Here is the link to contact your Regional Director.
Overland Bound Regions!

Kent R

Executive Director
Staff member
Mod Team

Pathfinder III

El Dorado, Ca
First Name
Kent
Last Name
Reynolds
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K6KNT
Service Branch
Retired Firefighter
Hi everybody, I`m readdîng quite a while in this forum. So I thought it will be time to join.
Who we are?
Current Vehicle: 2016 Jeep Wrangler Rubicon Unlimited
Other Vehicle: 1978 Jeep CJ7, 1993 Jeep YJ
Overland Experience: Well, this is difficult to answer, but lets say: new
Why Overlanding?: back to the simplicity in life

Check the forum calendar and Meet-Up page for events, and the Trip Planing page for trips being planed by members.
Overland Bound Meetups

You are in the Mid Europe Region, local information can also be found in the “Overland Bound by Region”
Here is the link to contact your Regional Director.
Overland Bound Regions!

A good contact in your region is @Tom K he also lives in Switzerland

Kent R

Executive Director
Staff member
Mod Team

Pathfinder III

El Dorado, Ca
First Name
Kent
Last Name
Reynolds
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K6KNT
Service Branch
Retired Firefighter
Hi new on here ,
i'm working hard on building my Tj to finally go over-landing ,will be using just the vehicle for now but I'm in the design process to build my own adventure trailer.
I'm from Abbotsford Canada and am wondering how to see if there is some close by members .
New to this practice and would love to meet and learn from experience members
Your Regional Director is just across the boarder and has a local meet-up you could get to fairly easy. @Jedi Im sure he will be reaching out soon to great you.

Reactions: Tank2005TJ

Jedi

Rank VI
Staff member
Launch Member

Off-Road Ranger I

Arlington, WA, USA
First Name
Brie
Last Name
McClory
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K6JDI
Hi new on here ,
i'm working hard on building my Tj to finally go over-landing ,will be using just the vehicle for now but I'm in the design process to build my own adventure trailer.
I'm from Abbotsford Canada and am wondering how to see if there is some close by members .
New to this practice and would love to meet and learn from experience members
Welcome to Overland Bound @Tank2005TJ from your neighbor across the border. I hope you plan on sharing your design/build process with the forum... I know I am very interested in it. As for members nearby, there are a number of members in B.C. I know @CR-Venturer is just up the road in Chilliwack and there are also members in Langley, Surrey, and Vancouver so finding neighbors to get together with shouldn't be too tough. I recommend heading over the the Canada West (B.C.) Region forum [link] to talk more about organizing a gathering. You can also keep an eye on the Rally Point system [link] for any events in your area. Of course, being on the border you should also keep an eye on the US NorthWest Region forum [link], since things may be close enough to travel (if you don't mind crossing the border.)

Hopefully we will have an official Overland Bound meetup in B.C. coming up soon and we can meet in person. Until then, please feel free to send me a message on the forums, @Jedi, if you need anything.

Reactions: Gabriel Bozeman

Jedi

Rank VI
Staff member
Launch Member

Off-Road Ranger I

Arlington, WA, USA
First Name
Brie
Last Name
McClory
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K6JDI
Hello, I am a medically retired US Army veteran. My Wife and I have been seeking adventure together for the last 8 or 9 years. Our vehicles have evolved as our life requirements have changed, e.g. commuting, hunting, camping, boating/hauling. Our first vehicle together was a 2006 F150 because it was pretty. Ha Ha, I had a 97 TJ as well when we got together, it was waay too cramped for us and dogs. Together we replaced the Ford for a 2003 Dodge 3/4-ton with the 5.9 Cummins. We loved that truck and the fuel mpg and range but we were sadly unprepared for maintaining that fuel system and had to get out from under it. We had a FWD Jeep Patriot, an FJ Cruiser, a 92 F250 with a 7.3 Diesel, My 94 4Runner, a 2009 Subaru Outback (we may have had the most adventures in this car) a 2006 Jeep Grand Cherokee with a Hemi, and now a 2015 Grand Cherokee with the EcoDiesel. This isn't all the vehicles we've owned in our time together but it is all of them we've camped out of. The trucks were by far the easiest because of the long beds. Camping from SUVs has proven to be a challenge. We love the mpg and range of the diesel engines. The 4Runner will probably get a diesel swap at some point in the next few years. The added range and smaller size of diesel powered SUVs will be able to take us farther and allow us to do more when we get there. That has been a limitation with the Hemi for instance. Even if we grabbed "last gas" we still had to pick and choose what adventures we wanted to do in the mountains because we could easily be rolling back into civilization on fumes.

Anyhow, I am looking forward to getting to know some awesome people in the group and sharing our adventures.
Welcome to Overland Bound @Jeremiah Johnson! Thank you for your service. It's not too often that I come across people from Dallas, but a co-worker and good friend of mine is actually from there. That is a fantastic area with lots of access to fun outdoor adventures. There is a lot going on in your area, so I am sure you will find lots of awesome people to have fun with. @Roy & Kristin Zirpoli are the member reps for your area and always have events cooking, so I recommend hearing over to the US NorthWest Region forum [link] and checking out the posts there. As events are planned, they are usually published on our Rally Point system [link] so that is a place to check periodically to see what is happening.

I look forward to meeting you out there someday. Until then, if you need anything please feel free to message me here @Jedi.

Roy & Kristin Zirpoli

US NorthWest Region Member Rep
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

Kirbyville, Texas
First Name
PoManOutdoorCollective
Last Name
Zirpoli
Member #

Service Branch
Army
Welcome, @Barclaynathan, to Overland Bound! You're in a great location for overlanding, with lots to do no matter what direction you travel. Plus, there are a large number of Overland Bound members in your area, so hopefully as spring sets in there will be some fun meetups and adventures planned. If you don't mind traveling a little south, @Roy & Kristin Zirpoli, the West Oregon Member Reps always have some kind of adventure cooking. The best place to go to find out what is going on is the NorthWest Region forum [link]. You should also keep an eye on the Rally Point system [link], as new events will be posted there.

I travel down to the Vancouver/PDX area every few months, so I hope to get to meet you in person someday soon. Until then, please let me know if you need anything by sending me a message through the forums @Jedi.
Welcome and hope to see you out on the trails.

mac214

Rank 0

Contributor I

Colorado
First Name
Mike
Last Name
Chambers
Location - Colorado
Vehicle - 2006 Land Rover LR3 w/HD
Experience - been away from Colorado for quite a while but glad to be back and glad to get back into the mountains.

My wife and I bought the LR3 in 2009, but ended up selling it to my parents in 2012 when we were stationed in Japan. We just moved back to Colorado this year and are getting the LR3 back.

Here are a couple pics from a trip in 2010.48939FDF-EA30-45B3-907C-E1E0CAE118FE.jpeg3F40AA77-7143-478B-AC1F-FC4704366B25.jpegA79C998C-2AD0-49A5-8263-C40A2EAD48E6.jpeg

mdub

Rank I
Launch Member

Contributor I

Bellingham, WA, USA
Member #

Hi, my name is Matt. I'm not new to camping, but haven't done a whole lot of overland style stuff. I'm looking to get away from the big established campgrounds, and out deeper into nature with my wife and our beagle

Vehicle: 2008 4Runner

Here's a photo from a trip to Crater Lake in Oregon last Summer:

HappyOurOverlanding

Rank VI
Launch Member

Member III

Verdi Nevada
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KI7RAM
Hi, my name is Matt. I'm not new to camping, but haven't done a whole lot of overland style stuff. I'm looking to get away from the big established campgrounds, and out deeper into nature with my wife and our beagle

View attachment 91510
Welcome. Check out the 4Runner's registry thread

Jeremiah Johnson

Rank IV
Launch Member

Advocate III

Dallas, OR, USA
Member #

Are you a car dealer by any chance. I didn't know anyone could own that many different vehicles unless he is a car dealer Ha--:grinning: I currently only have 4 vehicles, all running he he !!
[/QUOTE]

Ha Ha, No not a car dealer but we were kids spending on our credit like crazy. Trying to keep up with the Jones. We straightened up as we went along, by the time we got the Cummins we realized we didn't have to put wheels and tires on every rig we got. :)

Gabriel Bozeman

Rank V
Launch Member

Traveler II

Oak Harbor, WA, USA
First Name
Gabriel
Last Name
Bozeman
Member #

Hi my name is Pete, I'm new to Overland Bound but not new to the great outdoors. Looking to meet new people in the PNW, so any WA overlanders let me know if you want to meet up.

Des Moines WA
2019 Silverado Trailboss
Welcome from Whidbey Island! I'm always looking to meet other OB members! If your ever up north, hit me up!

Gabriel Bozeman

Rank V
Launch Member

Traveler II

Oak Harbor, WA, USA
First Name
Gabriel
Last Name
Bozeman
Member #

View attachment 91510
Welcome from Whidbey Island! Nice 4Runner!

BigBearJoe

Rank II
Launch Member

Enthusiast I

Bothell, Washington
Member #

Casual member and overlander, pretty much just interested in day trips to the local mountains.
Vehicle: 2005 Porsche Cayenne Turbo, simple mods of oversized all-terrain tires and makeshift rock sliders in the form of running boards for rocker panel protection.
Used to be quite outdoor oriented before a serious paralyzing injury. Now just happy to take a drive in the forest.
Looking to hook up with local members for day trips on moderate trails for a little challenge and good scenery.

Gabriel Bozeman

Rank V
Launch Member

Traveler II

Oak Harbor, WA, USA
First Name
Gabriel
Last Name
Bozeman
Member #

Casual member and overlander, pretty much just interested in day trips to the local mountains.
Vehicle: 2005 Porsche Cayenne Turbo, simple mods of oversized all-terrain tires and makeshift rock sliders in the form of running boards for rocker panel protection.
Used to be quite outdoor oriented before a serious paralyzing injury. Now just happy to take a drive in the forest.
Looking to hook up with local members for day trips on moderate trails for a little challenge and good scenery.
Welcome!