Launch Member

Member III

Jefferson County, Colorado, United States
First Name
Trey
Last Name
Hayes
Member #

Hey y'all! I'm Jonathan, but in the backcountry people call me Rocky. I just got a new Subaru Forester, working on making it a proper overland rig. Hype to get to know some of y'all and learn some new skills.
You can find me on instagram as @chalkboard_car if that's your thing.
Peace!
Yes to more battlewagons!

Kent R

Executive Director
Staff member
Mod Team

Pathfinder III

El Dorado, Ca
First Name
Kent
Last Name
Reynolds
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K6KNT
Service Branch
Retired Firefighter
My name is Charles
Location for now Reno Nevada
Tahoe 4x4 5 inch lift 35 inch wheels modified for camping and off road
I am an avid outdoors man, camping, fishing, hunting, free rock climbing (not rock crawling), motorcycles and more.
I am looking forward to learning how to improve my rig and join up with people for some fun.

View attachment 91022

I now have a custom built Low profile canoe rack instead of the foam blocks... lol
View attachment 91023

Full size tempurpedic foam bed with storage underneath.
View attachment 91024

View attachment 91025

I have 1 inch insulated camo panels for all my windows.

View attachment 91026
Welcome to Overland Bound!

Check the forum calendar and Meet-Up page for events, and the Trip Planing page for trips being planed by members.
Overland Bound Meetups

The Reno Overlanding Meet-Up meets monthly, if your interested check out the meet-up page on the forum for details.
West - Reno Overlanding Meetings and Trail Runs Thread

Your Regional Member Representative if @HappyOurOverlanding

Kent R

Executive Director
Staff member
Mod Team

Pathfinder III

El Dorado, Ca
First Name
Kent
Last Name
Reynolds
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K6KNT
Service Branch
Retired Firefighter
Hey everyone!
Me: Prior service Marine who now works for his wife at ClayShare.
Rig: Just starting to work on the 2004 Jeep WJ whose prior life was the family truckster.
Interest: Mostly just running the forest roads chasing trout and good camp sites away from the crowds.

Happy to be here!
Kevin
Welcome to Overland Bound

Kent R

Executive Director
Staff member
Mod Team

Pathfinder III

El Dorado, Ca
First Name
Kent
Last Name
Reynolds
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K6KNT
Service Branch
Retired Firefighter
Thank you for the add. This is a shared account for my wife Michele and I (Manny). We live in Las Vegas. NV and spend almost every weekend outdoors or hanging with good friends. We have been overlanding for about 4 years now. We love camping and overland adventures. Most recently, we are prepping for an Easter Mojave Road Trip.
We have a 2015 Tacoma, 6 speed manual with Icons front and rear. We are slowly building it and have already done Icon suspension, Camburg UCAs, CB, lights, and began building a storage kitchen in the back. Previously, I owned a 2007 FJC pictured below. I was young and dumb and rolled it on pavement.... Probably the greatest vehicle I ever owned also. Enough about that however. I am glad to be here and look forward to many Overland opportunities with the community.

View attachment 90950
View attachment 90953
Welcome to Overland Bound! Have a great run on the Mojave Road.

Kent R

Executive Director
Staff member
Mod Team

Pathfinder III

El Dorado, Ca
First Name
Kent
Last Name
Reynolds
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K6KNT
Service Branch
Retired Firefighter
Hello everyone my name is Jesse
Rig: 2014 Jeep JKU
Experience: Very little, I come from the downhill mtb world and trail riding dirt bikes.

Kent R

Executive Director
Staff member
Mod Team

Pathfinder III

El Dorado, Ca
First Name
Kent
Last Name
Reynolds
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K6KNT
Service Branch
Retired Firefighter
Hey y'all! I'm Jonathan, but in the backcountry people call me Rocky. I just got a new Subaru Forester, working on making it a proper overland rig. Hype to get to know some of y'all and learn some new skills.
You can find me on instagram as @chalkboard_car if that's your thing.
Peace!

Kent R

Executive Director
Staff member
Mod Team

Pathfinder III

El Dorado, Ca
First Name
Kent
Last Name
Reynolds
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K6KNT
Service Branch
Retired Firefighter
New Member!

I have a modified 2018 Subaru Crosstrek.
I am located in SoCal and wonder all over.
I would consider myself a moderate overlander, in terms of experience. There is so much more I feel I need to learn.

Kent R

Executive Director
Staff member
Mod Team

Pathfinder III

El Dorado, Ca
First Name
Kent
Last Name
Reynolds
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K6KNT
Service Branch
Retired Firefighter
Hello all. I am Paul. It's a pleasure being here. New to the off-roading world and excited to be here.
I purchased my truck on February 16 2019.
I bought this truck with only seeing it. I knew nothing about the running ability or anything else. There was no battery, ignition switch and the hood would not open.
1994 Chevy Silverado 4x4 K1500 TBI 5.7L
View attachment 91066View attachment 91066
Since then I have got it running and I have been driving it daily. Little by little it will be completed rebuilt.

Check the forum calendar and Meet-Up page for events, and the Trip Planing page for trips being planed by members.
Overland Bound Meetups

You are in the Southeast Region, local information can also be found in the “Overland Bound by Region”

Here is the link to contact your Regional Director.
Overland Bound Regions!

Kent R

Executive Director
Staff member
Mod Team

Pathfinder III

El Dorado, Ca
First Name
Kent
Last Name
Reynolds
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K6KNT
Service Branch
Retired Firefighter
Hello all!

My name is "Burns" and I am completely new to "overlanding" in a vehicle, however I've been rolling across the country on a motorcycle for years. With my son getting older I sold the scoot and bought a jeep so we can enjoy the backroads and wilderness America has to offer together. Currently setting up our rig for more weekend gettaways and long term camping destinations, but still enjoy the offroad parks & trails as well. Speaking of our rig, we have a 2013 Jeep JKU that was pretty much stock when we picked it up. Since then we've added a winch, 3.5" Metalcloack Gamechanger Kit, with 35" Milestar Patagonias, and done a few interior upgrades as well. You can check out more pics on instagram at 3rd Degree Adventure (@3rd_degree_adv) • Instagram photos and videos We look forward to learning more about the adventure ahead!
View attachment 91062

Overland Bound Meetups

You are in the Southwest Region, local information can also be found in the “Overland Bound by Region”

Overland Bound Regions!

Kent R

Executive Director
Staff member
Mod Team

Pathfinder III

El Dorado, Ca
First Name
Kent
Last Name
Reynolds
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K6KNT
Service Branch
Retired Firefighter
My name is Trey, I just joined up yesterday. I'm located in upstate SC and I have done a lot of stomping around in Appalachia of SC, NC, GA & TN but it has always been backpacking, camping, kayaking, and fishing. I have some offroad experience, but it was mostly just thrashing through the swamps around where I grew up - and it was basically just driving through mud holes. This is my first adventure in overlanding or riding any actual trails.

I'm starting with a fresh rig and I decided to go with something a little different than a Jeep or truck. I'm building a battlewagon!
2019 Subaru Outback 3.6R Touring with all the trimmings.
So far I have added
Thule AeroBlade Edge Crossbars​
Thule Canyon XT Roof Basket​
Reese Towpower Class III Receiver​
2" Front Lift/1.5" Rear Lift​
Upgraded STI Rear Sway Bar​
Upgraded Adjustable Front End Links​
Sport Edition P3 17x7.5 Wheels​
29.5" Kuhmo AT51 Tires​
Inflatable 4 Ton Offroad Jack​
Portable Jump Starter Battery Pack​
Portable Air Compressor​
So basically it is ready to rock... but... I have no idea where to take it?

View attachment 91055

Overland Bound Meetups

You are in the Southeast Region, local information can also be found in the “Overland Bound by Region”

Overland Bound Regions!

Reactions: Sasquatch SC

Kent R

Executive Director
Staff member
Mod Team

Pathfinder III

El Dorado, Ca
First Name
Kent
Last Name
Reynolds
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K6KNT
Service Branch
Retired Firefighter
Hi, James BadWolf Here! I am located in Whidbey Island Where I get to explore the backroads in my 2018 TRD OFFRoad DCLB Taco. Keeping her pretty stock for now (decently potent from factory) as I dwindle down those payments, and working on a slow build as things break and are needed. I am a Husband and Father of One little adventurer. Novice to the Overland Game, but have been into 4x4ing for a while, been into everything actually. Owned a few drift cars in japan, got into touge in a couple MKII GTIs, a CRX, and then a full build Fiesta ST. Now back to being out in nature.

I love to Trail Run and MountainBike, and if it's on them trails... you may find me there!

Reactions: JBADwolf

Jedi

Rank VI
Staff member
Launch Member

Off-Road Ranger I

Arlington, WA, USA
First Name
Brie
Last Name
McClory
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K6JDI
2) Location (Portland Oregon)
3) Rig (2007 Hummer H3 )
4) Overlanding Experience Background Not Much
View attachment 91256
Welcome, @Barclaynathan, to Overland Bound! You're in a great location for overlanding, with lots to do no matter what direction you travel. Plus, there are a large number of Overland Bound members in your area, so hopefully as spring sets in there will be some fun meetups and adventures planned. If you don't mind traveling a little south, @Roy & Kristin Zirpoli, the West Oregon Member Reps always have some kind of adventure cooking. The best place to go to find out what is going on is the NorthWest Region forum [link]. You should also keep an eye on the Rally Point system [link], as new events will be posted there.

I travel down to the Vancouver/PDX area every few months, so I hope to get to meet you in person someday soon. Until then, please let me know if you need anything by sending me a message through the forums @Jedi.

Kent R

Executive Director
Staff member
Mod Team

Pathfinder III

El Dorado, Ca
First Name
Kent
Last Name
Reynolds
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K6KNT
Service Branch
Retired Firefighter
Hey Ya'll!

Not a new member, but new to the forum.

Phoenix Arizona

Lots of off-roading experience
Lots of camping experience
Very novice (like never done it before) Overlanding

Vehicle:

2019 Jeep JLUR
Stage 8 Icon 2.5 suspension make over
Warn winch
Some lumens

Overland Trailer:

Turtleback Expedition fully configured

Have my first mini trip planned next week through Death Valley with about 20 other Turtleback owners. I'm incredibly stoked about that!

Have 4 boys ages 6-15 and they love adventure and we're excited to get started!

View attachment 91293View attachment 91294

Overland Bound Meetups

You are in the Southwest Region, local information can also be found in the “Overland Bound by Region”

Your Regional Director and fellow Turtleback owner is @brien he has lots of information regarding meet-ups in the Southwest.

Great looking set up!

Reactions: JBADwolf

Kent R

Executive Director
Staff member
Mod Team

Pathfinder III

El Dorado, Ca
First Name
Kent
Last Name
Reynolds
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K6KNT
Service Branch
Retired Firefighter
Hello! New member here

1) Newalla, Ok
2) 2015 JKUR
3) Some off-roading expierience but completely new to overlanding

Overland Bound Meetups

Overland Bound Regions!

Kent R

Executive Director
Staff member
Mod Team

Pathfinder III

El Dorado, Ca
First Name
Kent
Last Name
Reynolds
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K6KNT
Service Branch
Retired Firefighter
Testing 123. First post on this forum. Hi :grimacing:

Currently located in nh , daily driving a 99 tacoma for the past 8+ years. Its been through allot. I have lived/camped out of it for a total of 2 years. Traveled up and down the east coast with it. And looking forward to many more adventures with it and whatever other vehicle i may purchase in the future.

Reactions: rustyhardwood

Kent R

Executive Director
Staff member
Mod Team

Pathfinder III

El Dorado, Ca
First Name
Kent
Last Name
Reynolds
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K6KNT
Service Branch
Retired Firefighter
Greetings from Texas (D/FW area)!
2018 JLUR Rubicon
Glenn Heights TX
Offroad experience
Camping experience
Newbie at Overlanding

View attachment 91214

Overland Bound Meetups

Overland Bound Regions!

Kent R

Executive Director
Staff member
Mod Team

Pathfinder III

El Dorado, Ca
First Name
Kent
Last Name
Reynolds
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K6KNT
Service Branch
Retired Firefighter
Hi everybody,

complete newbie to overlanding from Antwerp, Belgium. Have been exploring some mild Europe backcountry with my best friend in an old Suzuki Samurai that we rebuild so I guess you could call this a first step into overlanding. Wanting to take it to another level (and convince the misses to join me) I recently bought a Ram Rebel 2019 Crew Cab. This will be our overland rig and daily commuter so I'm curious how that will work out. Looking forward to learning from everybody here and hopefully expand my overlanding knowledge! I already started the "conversion" with a rooftoptent and awning.

Greetings,

Cristopher from Antwerp, Belgium

View attachment 91188

Overland Bound Meetups

You are in the Mid Europe Region.
Overland Bound Regions!

dustin2787

Rank 0

Traveler I

Newalla

Overland Bound Meetups

Overland Bound Regions!
Thanks!