Kent
Last Name
Reynolds
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K6KNT
Service Branch
Retired Firefighter
Hey everyone! New here on the forum, and new to overland travel. My wife and I travelled extensively over the last 15 years, visited around 70 countries and now we have the dream to take a big overland trip, couple of months. We are from The Netherlands. So we're here to learn from you all, read about everything there is to know and to get inspired.
Welcome to Overland Bound!

Check the forum calendar and Meet-Up page for events, and the Trip Planing page for trips being planed by members.
Overland Bound Meetups

You are in the Mid Europe Region, local information can also be found in the “Overland Bound by Region”
OVERLAND BOUND COMMUNITY

Your Regional Director is @Polaris Overland, he is a good contact for the trip you are planing.

Kent R

Executive Director
Staff member
Mod Team

Pathfinder III

El Dorado, Ca
First Name
Kent
Last Name
Reynolds
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K6KNT
Service Branch
Retired Firefighter
Casual member and overlander, pretty much just interested in day trips to the local mountains.
Vehicle: 2005 Porsche Cayenne Turbo, simple mods of oversized all-terrain tires and makeshift rock sliders in the form of running boards for rocker panel protection.
Used to be quite outdoor oriented before a serious paralyzing injury. Now just happy to take a drive in the forest.
Looking to hook up with local members for day trips on moderate trails for a little challenge and good scenery.
Welcome to Overland Bound

Kent R

Executive Director
Staff member
Mod Team

Pathfinder III

El Dorado, Ca
First Name
Kent
Last Name
Reynolds
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K6KNT
Service Branch
Retired Firefighter
Hello everyone. New member from Kansas, just getting into the Overlanding lifestyle, still trying to get my wife to buy off on anything that has to do with outdoors. Thank you.

Check the forum calendar and Meet-Up page for events, and the Trip Planing page for trips being planed by members.
Overland Bound Meetups

You are in the Rocky Mountain Region, local information can also be found in the “Overland Bound by Region”
OVERLAND BOUND COMMUNITY

Here is the link to contact your Regional Director.
Overland Bound Regions!

Kent R

Executive Director
Staff member
Mod Team

Pathfinder III

El Dorado, Ca
First Name
Kent
Last Name
Reynolds
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K6KNT
Service Branch
Retired Firefighter
Hello, here from Colorado Springs! My wife and I are very excited to be apart of this group!

We have a 2012 Jeep JK. Our RTT moves between on top of the Jeep or the trailer.

Can’t wait to get out there and explore!

Overland Bound Meetups

You are in the Rocky Mountain Region, local information can also be found in the “Overland Bound by Region”
OVERLAND BOUND COMMUNITY

Here is the link to contact your Regional Director.
Overland Bound Regions!

Kent R

Executive Director
Staff member
Mod Team

Pathfinder III

El Dorado, Ca
First Name
Kent
Last Name
Reynolds
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K6KNT
Service Branch
Retired Firefighter
Hi, my name is Matt. I'm not new to camping, but haven't done a whole lot of overland style stuff. I'm looking to get away from the big established campgrounds, and out deeper into nature with my wife and our beagle

Vehicle: 2008 4Runner

Here's a photo from a trip to Crater Lake in Oregon last Summer:

View attachment 91510
Welcome to Overland Bound

Kent R

Executive Director
Staff member
Mod Team

Pathfinder III

El Dorado, Ca
First Name
Kent
Last Name
Reynolds
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K6KNT
Service Branch
Retired Firefighter
Hey my name is Chris, just getting into this. My wife and I are looking forward to meeting new people and having fun.

Weatherford, Tx
2012 Jeep Wrangler
Just getting into this.

Overland Bound Meetups

You are in the Southeast Region, local information can also be found in the “Overland Bound by Region”
OVERLAND BOUND COMMUNITY

Here is the link to contact your Regional Director. The Regional Director can advise you of a Member Representative close to you.
Overland Bound Regions!

Kent R

Executive Director
Staff member
Mod Team

Pathfinder III

El Dorado, Ca
First Name
Kent
Last Name
Reynolds
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K6KNT
Service Branch
Retired Firefighter
Location - Colorado
Vehicle - 2006 Land Rover LR3 w/HD
Experience - been away from Colorado for quite a while but glad to be back and glad to get back into the mountains.

My wife and I bought the LR3 in 2009, but ended up selling it to my parents in 2012 when we were stationed in Japan. We just moved back to Colorado this year and are getting the LR3 back.

Here are a couple pics from a trip in 2010.View attachment 91488View attachment 91489View attachment 91490

Overland Bound Meetups

OVERLAND BOUND COMMUNITY

Here is the link to contact your Regional Director. The Regional Director can advise you of a Member Representative close to you.
Overland Bound Regions!

Jedi

Rank VI
Staff member
Launch Member

Off-Road Ranger I

Arlington, WA, USA
First Name
Brie
Last Name
McClory
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K6JDI
Hi my name is Pete, I'm new to Overland Bound but not new to the great outdoors. Looking to meet new people in the PNW, so any WA overlanders let me know if you want to meet up.

Des Moines WA
2019 Silverado Trailboss
Welcome, Pete (@Eustonpete), to Overland Bound. It's hard to live in the PNW and not be acquainted with outdoors, isn't it? There are a number of members in and around Seattle and Tacoma, so finding people to meet up with shouldn't be tough. I see that you already made it over to the NorthWest Region's forum [link], which is the best place to start meeting the people in your neighborhood. You should also keep an eye on the Rally Point System [link], as new events will be posted there once planned.

I look forward to meeting you on the trail someday soon. Until then, let me know if you need anything by sending me a message on the forums @Jedi.

Jedi

Rank VI
Staff member
Launch Member

Off-Road Ranger I

Arlington, WA, USA
First Name
Brie
Last Name
McClory
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K6JDI
Hi, my name is Matt. I'm not new to camping, but haven't done a whole lot of overland style stuff. I'm looking to get away from the big established campgrounds, and out deeper into nature with my wife and our beagle

Vehicle: 2008 4Runner

Here's a photo from a trip to Crater Lake in Oregon last Summer:

View attachment 91510
Welcome to Overland Bound Matt (@mdub). It's great to see another member from Whatcom County. I work in Bellingham and am in and around the city quite a bit. I have found that this is a great location to start an adventure since we can go just about any direction and find something off the beaten path. Most of the discussions in the PNW take place in our NorthWest Region forums [link], so you might want to head over there and say "hi". We also use our Rally Point System [link] to coordinate our meetups and events, so that would be a great section to keep an eye on.

If you ever see me around town (my red Jeep with limb risers and snorkel kinda sticks out) feel free to stop me and say hello. I'm in the planning phase right now for an event in April and I hope you will be able to make it to that. Until then, if you need anything just send me a message on the forums @Jedi.

Last edited:
Reactions: Gabriel Bozeman

Jedi

Rank VI
Staff member
Launch Member

Off-Road Ranger I

Arlington, WA, USA
First Name
Brie
Last Name
McClory
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K6JDI
Casual member and overlander, pretty much just interested in day trips to the local mountains.
Vehicle: 2005 Porsche Cayenne Turbo, simple mods of oversized all-terrain tires and makeshift rock sliders in the form of running boards for rocker panel protection.
Used to be quite outdoor oriented before a serious paralyzing injury. Now just happy to take a drive in the forest.
Looking to hook up with local members for day trips on moderate trails for a little challenge and good scenery.
Hiya @BigBearJoe and welcome to Overland Bound! I'm sorry to hear that an injury has limited your ability to enjoy the outdoors like you once did, but I am also impressed by the resilience you show by still wanting to find a way to get out and adventure, even if it is only day trips. I hope that we can help you find those opportunities to see the beauty that nature has to offer. Most of our coordination and communication takes place on the NorthWest Region forums [link], so that would be a great place to start finding neighbors to explore with. Events are usually posted up on our Rally Point System [link] once the planning is solid, so that is a great place to keep your eye on.

I look forward to meeting you someday soon. If I can help you in any way, please feel free to send me a message on the forums @Jedi.

Radred12FJTT

Rank IV
Launch Member

Enthusiast II

Gilbert, AZ, USA
First Name
Erik
Last Name
Adamczyk
Member #

My name is Charles
Location for now Reno Nevada
Tahoe 4x4 5 inch lift 35 inch wheels modified for camping and off road
I am an avid outdoors man, camping, fishing, hunting, free rock climbing (not rock crawling), motorcycles and more.
I am looking forward to learning how to improve my rig and join up with people for some fun.

View attachment 91022

I now have a custom built Low profile canoe rack instead of the foam blocks... lol
View attachment 91023

Full size tempurpedic foam bed with storage underneath.
View attachment 91024

View attachment 91025

I have 1 inch insulated camo panels for all my windows.

View attachment 91026
Welcome to the community! That Tahoe is a nice rig.

Radred12FJTT

Rank IV
Launch Member

Enthusiast II

Gilbert, AZ, USA
First Name
Erik
Last Name
Adamczyk
Member #

My name is Trey, I just joined up yesterday. I'm located in upstate SC and I have done a lot of stomping around in Appalachia of SC, NC, GA & TN but it has always been backpacking, camping, kayaking, and fishing. I have some offroad experience, but it was mostly just thrashing through the swamps around where I grew up - and it was basically just driving through mud holes. This is my first adventure in overlanding or riding any actual trails.

I'm starting with a fresh rig and I decided to go with something a little different than a Jeep or truck. I'm building a battlewagon!
2019 Subaru Outback 3.6R Touring with all the trimmings.
So far I have added
Thule AeroBlade Edge Crossbars​
Thule Canyon XT Roof Basket​
Reese Towpower Class III Receiver​
2" Front Lift/1.5" Rear Lift​
Upgraded STI Rear Sway Bar​
Upgraded Adjustable Front End Links​
Sport Edition P3 17x7.5 Wheels​
29.5" Kuhmo AT51 Tires​
Inflatable 4 Ton Offroad Jack​
Portable Jump Starter Battery Pack​
Portable Air Compressor​
So basically it is ready to rock... but... I have no idea where to take it?

View attachment 91055
Welcome to the community! That Subaru is ridiculously cool! Love the vision on that project.

Reactions: Sasquatch SC

Radred12FJTT

Rank IV
Launch Member

Enthusiast II

Gilbert, AZ, USA
First Name
Erik
Last Name
Adamczyk
Member #

Hello all!

My name is "Burns" and I am completely new to "overlanding" in a vehicle, however I've been rolling across the country on a motorcycle for years. With my son getting older I sold the scoot and bought a jeep so we can enjoy the backroads and wilderness America has to offer together. Currently setting up our rig for more weekend gettaways and long term camping destinations, but still enjoy the offroad parks & trails as well. Speaking of our rig, we have a 2013 Jeep JKU that was pretty much stock when we picked it up. Since then we've added a winch, 3.5" Metalcloack Gamechanger Kit, with 35" Milestar Patagonias, and done a few interior upgrades as well. You can check out more pics on instagram at 3rd Degree Adventure (@3rd_degree_adv) • Instagram photos and videos We look forward to learning more about the adventure ahead!
View attachment 91062
Cool Jeep. Welcome to the community!

Radred12FJTT

Rank IV
Launch Member

Enthusiast II

Gilbert, AZ, USA
First Name
Erik
Last Name
Adamczyk
Member #

Hi everybody,

complete newbie to overlanding from Antwerp, Belgium. Have been exploring some mild Europe backcountry with my best friend in an old Suzuki Samurai that we rebuild so I guess you could call this a first step into overlanding. Wanting to take it to another level (and convince the misses to join me) I recently bought a Ram Rebel 2019 Crew Cab. This will be our overland rig and daily commuter so I'm curious how that will work out. Looking forward to learning from everybody here and hopefully expand my overlanding knowledge! I already started the "conversion" with a rooftoptent and awning.

Greetings,

Cristopher from Antwerp, Belgium

View attachment 91188
Welcome from Arizona! Nice start to to a nice truck.

Reactions: Luis Merlo

FozNasty

Rank 0

Contributor I

Central Texas
Member #

Hello, new member!!!! My name is Chris and I drive FozNasty, a 2016 Subaru Forester 2.5i. I live in central Texas and have done a few long trips around the West, southwest and the Pnw as well as some exploring in the Appalachian mountains and the deep south. Working towards overlanding full time. I travel with my doggie Roxy. Member#17193, can't wait to meet more people from here!

Attachments

Lanlubber In Remembrance

Rank V
Launch Member

Member III

Mimbres, NM, USA
First Name
Jim
Last Name
covey sr
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
none - BREAKER BREAKER HAND HELD CB AND WALKIE TALKIE
Location - Colorado
Vehicle - 2006 Land Rover LR3 w/HD
Experience - been away from Colorado for quite a while but glad to be back and glad to get back into the mountains.

My wife and I bought the LR3 in 2009, but ended up selling it to my parents in 2012 when we were stationed in Japan. We just moved back to Colorado this year and are getting the LR3 back.

Here are a couple pics from a trip in 2010.View attachment 91488View attachment 91489View attachment 91490
Welcome back fellow Land Rover Lover. Thank you for your service to our nation. Are you still in the Military ? Which branch ? Get her out of retirement and get dirty now (the Rover) !

Tank2005TJ

Rank I
Launch Member

Member I

Abbotsford , BC , Ca
First Name
Christian
Last Name
Morin
Member #

Welcome to Overland Bound @Tank2005TJ from your neighbor across the border. I hope you plan on sharing your design/build process with the forum... I know I am very interested in it. As for members nearby, there are a number of members in B.C. I know @CR-Venturer is just up the road in Chilliwack and there are also members in Langley, Surrey, and Vancouver so finding neighbors to get together with shouldn't be too tough. I recommend heading over the the Canada West (B.C.) Region forum [link] to talk more about organizing a gathering. You can also keep an eye on the Rally Point system [link] for any events in your area. Of course, being on the border you should also keep an eye on the US NorthWest Region forum [link], since things may be close enough to travel (if you don't mind crossing the border.)

Hopefully we will have an official Overland Bound meetup in B.C. coming up soon and we can meet in person. Until then, please feel free to send me a message on the forums, @Jedi, if you need anything.
Hi Jedi , i’m learning how this interface works also loll
I think that my member tag is not in yet so i can’t view all of theses yet but it shouldn’t be long before [emoji106]
Looking forward to meeting some good people also [emoji39][emoji39]

There is the bcor
Bc overland rally ,the 27-30 of june that i’m attending in whisler ,bc if you guys from washinton are interested[emoji39]

Reactions: Jedi

BLACK_BETTY

Rank 0
Launch Member

Traveler I

Bowling Green, Ohio, USA
Member #

Hello, my name is Tom and I am new here [emoji1] We live in NW Ohio. I have always wanted to build an overland rig and now is the time. Just bought a 2015 ram 2500 aka Black Betty. The wife and I are looking forward to getting our 3 kids, 6 and under, outdoors and exploring.

Will be starting off mostly stock with only dual exhaust and some slightly more aggressive tires. I bought a used ranch style bumper I will be modifying for better clearance and a 12k winch i have. I will be building my own bed rack as well. Our smittybuilt xl tent and annex will be arriving tomorrow. Hopefully I can get it together in the next 4-6 weeks and hit the road.

I have been enjoying this forum since I found it and look forward to contributing, and borrowing, many ideas. I joined immediately and cant wait to throw the emblems on the truck. IMG_20190318_185823_680.jpeg20190326_043441.jpeg