Member Introductions *NEW MEMBERS INTRODUCE YOURSELF*

• HTML tutorial

mr.moto

Rank IV
Launch Member

Advocate II

Sacramento, CA
Member #

Welcome everyone! Really glad to see all the new check-ins! Let me know if there is anything you think would make the forums and community even better! We've got a thread for suggestions right over here! OB Forum Questions and Suggestions

Looking forward to sharing adventures and providing information to make it even easier to Outfit & Explore!
@Michael maybe if there was a community calendar where people can post events. that way theres one place they can look and easily see an event and its location. just an idea. love the forum. people are cool.

Contributor I

Fort Mill, SC
Member #

Current Vehicle: 2012 GMC Sierra z71

Experience: Novice. I travel around the SE as a competitive kayak angler and am living out of my truck while I'm on the road. My goal is to further my knowledge of how to make my truck the best overland fishing vehicle it can be [emoji106]

FB: Stewart Venable
IG: @maniyakfishing
@overland_fishing

Trailpatrol

Rank II
Launch Member

Contributor I

Isanti, MN
Member #

Hi,
Hans here, aka "Trailpatrol"

Location: Central Minnesota, about an hour north of Minneapolis
Vehicle(s): 2005 Dodge Dakota Quad-Cab 4WD, that serves to carry my
2014 Cogburn Outdoors CB4 fat-bike
2012 Volcanic Vx7 mountain bike
2006 Bianchi Volpe road/gravel/touring bike
and a bunch of fishing gear.
Experience: Began "bikepacking" (off-the beaten path bicycle touring, usually by MTB) in 1995, backcountry "car camping" by Subaru (we've had 5 of them) in 2003, and backpacking by foot back in the mid-1960s. Added the truck when I retired in 2015. Into "Camping in the Old Style" and backcountry fishing. The bike takes me beyond where the truck has to stop.

Last edited:

SLO Rob

Rank VI
Staff member
Founder 500
Investor

Pathfinder III

San Luis Obispo, CA
First Name
Rob
Last Name
Petterson
Member #

@Michael maybe if there was a community calendar where people can post events. that way theres one place they can look and easily see an event and its location. just an idea. love the forum. people are cool.
I like this idea! It could be nice to try out in the Region threads... @Michael

Reactions: Michael and Robby

mr.moto

Rank IV
Launch Member

Advocate II

Sacramento, CA
Member #

maybe we could even figure out a way to do a map layout. like if you look at an event you can see where it will be and the route. that way people can plan stops to their destination to pick up more members. would make it a hell of a lot easier to see where you can meet a group if they are passing through town or nearby.

BigLimey707

Rank 0

Contributor I

What's up all, new to the forums.

Sonoma County, CA
1994 Toyota Land Cruiser, 1985 Toyota pickup and a few others...
Been 4 wheeling and camping since I was a kid. I prefer the remote locations and also love to "bikepack". Got a family so there came the Land cruiser. Pretty experienced off-roader looking to venture farther away from home.

20160529_150410_resized.jpg Screenshot_2016-05-27-07-33-40-1.png

Last edited by a moderator:

Michael

Rank IX
Staff member
Founder 500

Benefactor

Livermore, California, United States
First Name
Michael
Last Name
Murguia
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KM6YSL
I like the idea! It seems like we are close to a solution with the member map about to come online, the sharable routes section and trip planning. I'll think about this and see if the member map can hove some sort of event post functionality!

M

SLO Rob

Rank VI
Staff member
Founder 500
Investor

Pathfinder III

San Luis Obispo, CA
First Name
Rob
Last Name
Petterson
Member #

The Honey Badger did great! Glad you're here...have a look around and holler if you need anything. Ceec will be stoked to hear you're coming too...

Reactions: Robby

Trailpatrol

Rank II
Launch Member

Contributor I

Isanti, MN
Member #

Hi,
Hans here, aka "Trailpatrol"

Location: Central Minnesota, about an hour north of Minneapolis
Vehicle(s): 2005 Dodge Dakota Quad-Cab 4WD, that serves to carry my
2014 Cogburn Outdoors CB4 fat-bike
2012 Volcanic Vx7 mountain bike
2006 Bianchi Volpe road/gravel/touring bike
and a bunch of fishing gear.
Experience: Began "bikepacking" (off-the beaten path bicycle touring, usually by MTB) in 2005, backcountry "car camping" by Subaru (we've had 5 of them) in 2003, and backpacking by foot back in the mid-1960s. Added the truck when I retired in 2015. Into "Camping in the Old Style" and backcountry fishing. The bike takes me beyond where the truck has to stop.
Ah yes, a picture of the Dako and the Volcanic
:

Contributor I

Member #

) Location : Upstate South Carolina
2) Rig : 2005 Toyota Tacoma Access Cab TRD Off-road 4x4 with 3 inch lift, 265/70r17 o TRD Sport wheels, with Leer cap, Iron Cross offroad rear bumper
3) Overlanding Experience Background: Exploration throughout Virginia, North Carolina, South Carolina, and Tennessee with many miles left to go, still kind of new at calling it overlanding before it was just my weekend exploration

Mad Garden Gnome

Rank V
Launch Member

Off-Road Ranger I

Templeton, Ca
First Name
Ryan
Last Name
Marlett
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
W6ORV
What's up all, new to the forums.

Sonoma County, CA
1994 Toyota Land Cruiser, 1985 Toyota pickup and a few others...
Been 4 wheeling and camping since I was a kid. I prefer the remote locations and also love to "bikepack". Got a family so there came the Land cruiser. Pretty experienced off-roader looking to venture farther away from home.

View attachment 4812 View attachment 4813
Hey There and Welcome Aboard. Nice LC. Know any of the Central Coast Land Cruiser folks?

Reactions: Michael

k5nutt

Rank II
Launch Member

Enthusiast I

Grand Junction Colorado
Member #

Rig: 1990 Fullsize GMC Jimmy

Experience: Just getting started in the overlanding end of things. Spent plenty of years off roading and building my vehicles.
Ex mechanic. 11 years of which were with Freightliner dealerships. Last 10 years was in the oil patch in directional drilling until i was laid off o7/15. Still can't find a job to save my life. I didn't think almost 50 was old. Getting ready to be homeless so i am sourcing a blazer chalet camper for the Jimmy to build to my specs. Speaking of which i own www.blazerchalet.com and https://groups.yahoo.com/neo/groups/ChevyK5BlazerChalets/info. I got into off roading shortly after returning from my 4 year hitch in the army that was spent in west germany as a mechanic. Came home in october of 89....right as the wall was getting ready to fall and then moved to phoenix arizona where i got into ghost towns which lead to 4x4's which lead to prospecting which lead to treasure hunting and then lead to mild rock crawling...lol. Hope to learn a lot about living off grid cheaply from my vehicle so i can survive until they start drilling again.

Attachments

Gaston95SR

Rank 0

Contributor I

Looks like I may have jumped the gun and posted in "Member Rides" first :tonguewink: I promise im good at following directions. Haha.

On that note...

My name is Gaston. I have a radical wife Lindsey and an already addicted to adventure 6 month old son named Luca.

1) We live in Southern Orange County, CA. Ladera Ranch to be exact.
2) The adventure rig is a 1995 Mitsubishi Montero SR.
3) I have been exploring the outdoors for most of my life. Got into overlanding a few years ago and was instantly obsessed. If I had to rate my experience I would say intermediate. I feel very confident in the rig and it's capabilities, but know we both have our limits and I respect that :grin:. ALWAYS yearning to learn more and more.
The Mule.JPG