Member Introductions *NEW MEMBERS INTRODUCE YOURSELF*

• HTML tutorial

ECUDrummer

Rank II
Launch Member

Traveler I

Hey there, new here. Living in Charlotte, NC. Seems like a really nice place - I've been watching the videos on YouTube and finally decided to join. Emblems will come next.

Here's my rig, Marlena - bought it as is, and I'm putting the finishing touches on it for family trips around the region and maybe a few out west.

ShawnR

Rank VI
Launch Member

Influencer II

Bettendorf, Iowa, USA
First Name
Shawn
Last Name
Reimers
Member #

Service Branch
Army
Hey there, new here. Living in Charlotte, NC. Seems like a really nice place - I've been watching the videos on YouTube and finally decided to join. Emblems will come next.

Here's my rig, Marlena - bought it as is, and I'm putting the finishing touches on it for family trips around the region and maybe a few out west.
Welcome to the forum.

Reactions: ECUDrummer

4Runn3r

Rank II
Launch Member

Traveler I

Gilroy,CA
First Name
Kevin
Last Name
M
Member #

image.jpeg
Hello there, Returned from a trip at Lower Bear River reservoir near Pioneer Ca. Lower Bear Reservoir is accessible by Car. But Upper Bear is only acceptable by boat or hiking. Both Upper and lower lakes are full to the brim. Upper lake was over flowing into the spill way.

NorthStar96

Rank V
Founder 500
Launch Member

Advocate II

@JamesKuL ,
Theres no mileage prerequisite.
Its a Vehicle Dependent thing.

Is your rig ready for a road trip? and some trails and camping setup? Off the grid, or at a campground, no matter.

Can you survive in the outdoors for a period of time?
Theres no best rig to own.
There are lots of different rigs here, from full balls to the walls trail machines, that can handle difficult trails with ease, to more refined Rigs that the whole family can enjoy with comfort, safety and reliability. Having communications that can save your life, and safety gear like recovery gear, etc...... its a lifestyle with many facets. You came to the right place brother.

simon

Rank 0

Contributor I

Hi, I'm new to the group and to overlanding. My name is simon halpin. I live in Cheshire, UK and am planning a big trip around the world qhen I retire. Meantime starting to learn how to uae and live with my two landrover defenders. Hoping to learn lots and make some freinds. Thanks for letting me into the group.

planning to circumnavigate
starting from scratch
twitter @halpin_simon
insta halpinsimon
#defenderadventure

ShawnR

Rank VI
Launch Member

Influencer II

Bettendorf, Iowa, USA
First Name
Shawn
Last Name
Reimers
Member #

Service Branch
Army
Hi, I'm new to the group and to overlanding. My name is simon halpin. I live in Cheshire, UK and am planning a big trip around the world qhen I retire. Meantime starting to learn how to uae and live with my two landrover defenders. Hoping to learn lots and make some freinds. Thanks for letting me into the group.

planning to circumnavigate
starting from scratch
twitter @halpin_simon
insta halpinsimon
#defenderadventure
welcome to the forum.

überlander

Rank VI
Launch Member

Influencer I

Colorado Springs, CO, USA
First Name
James
Last Name
Kultala
Member #

Service Branch
Retired Army
@JamesKuL ,
Theres no mileage prerequisite.
Its a Vehicle Dependent thing.

Is your rig ready for a road trip? and some trails and camping setup? Off the grid, or at a campground, no matter.

Can you survive in the outdoors for a period of time?
Theres no best rig to own.
There are lots of different rigs here, from full balls to the walls trail machines, that can handle difficult trails with ease, to more refined Rigs that the whole family can enjoy with comfort, safety and reliability. Having communications that can save your life, and safety gear like recovery gear, etc...... its a lifestyle with many facets. You came to the right place brother.
Thanks! I Definitely came to the right place, you mentioned almost all my favorite things all wrapped up, I look forward to starting my journeys!

CharlesThe2nd

Rank II
Launch Member

Enthusiast I

Portland, ME
First Name
Charles
Last Name
Nunez
Member #

Didn't post here first, but I do enjoy bucking the traditional system. Glad to be joining this group of adventurers. Ready to meet on the trails.

Rig: 2002 Jeep Liberty AKA The Marshmallow - She's "well equipped"
Experience: Moderate - ready to learn more

Besides overlanding, which is what has brought us all here, I'm an avid gardener, kayak fisherman, biker and hiker. Guess you could say, the Santa Cruz trifecta!

8AdFG8J.jpg

Mad Garden Gnome

Rank V
Launch Member

Off-Road Ranger I

Templeton, Ca
First Name
Ryan
Last Name
Marlett
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
W6ORV
Didn't post here first, but I do enjoy bucking the traditional system. Glad to be joining this group of adventurers. Ready to meet on the trails.

Rig: 2002 Jeep Liberty AKA The Marshmallow - She's "well equipped"
Experience: Moderate - ready to learn more

Besides overlanding, which is what has brought us all here, I'm an avid gardener, kayak fisherman, biker and hiker. Guess you could say, the Santa Cruz trifecta!

View attachment 4605
I just checkout out your memories thread. Very nice.

Reactions: CharlesThe2nd

codesertrat

Rank III
Launch Member

Contributor II

Las Vegas, NV
Member #

Location: currently in Denver but am moving to Las Vegas soon
Rigs: 2008 Toyota 4Runner (trail toy)
2006 Lexus GX470
Experience: moderate - I have spent a lot of time on trails but wanting to do some more longer trips and learn while meeting some fun people

ShawnR

Rank VI
Launch Member

Influencer II

Bettendorf, Iowa, USA
First Name
Shawn
Last Name
Reimers
Member #

Service Branch
Army
Location: currently in Denver but am moving to Las Vegas soon
Rigs: 2008 Toyota 4Runner (trail toy)
2006 Lexus GX470
Experience: moderate - I have spent a lot of time on trails but wanting to do some more longer trips and learn while meeting some fun people
Welcome to the forum.

ROCTANK

Rank II
Launch Member

Contributor I

Boston, MA
Member #

Rig: '16 Jeep Wrangler Willys Wheeler
Experience: New to overlanding. Once we got the rig in February, we've taken it out almost every weekend. My partner and I don't go anywhere without our two Boston Terrorizers. Since we got the rig, we've gone to Sequoia, all mountains in So Cal, Joshua Tree, and even made it to Overland Expo West 2016. Next journey is to Yellowstone. I've always had the bug to get lost and go on a journey. I'm here to learn, plan, and be part of this awesome community. Below is a picture of the rig. It'll be outfitted this month with a rack and RTT... and OB emblem is on order!
The Admiral:
IMG_1549.jpg
The gremlins: 876ACE48-D249-465E-AB70-EDF47EC33BCD.jpg

ShawnR

Rank VI
Launch Member

Influencer II

Bettendorf, Iowa, USA
First Name
Shawn
Last Name
Reimers
Member #

Service Branch
Army
Rig: '16 Jeep Wrangler Willys Wheeler
Experience: New to overlanding. Once we got the rig in February, we've taken it out almost every weekend. My partner and I don't go anywhere without our two Boston Terrorizers. Since we got the rig, we've gone to Sequoia, all mountains in So Cal, Joshua Tree, and even made it to Overland Expo West 2016. Next journey is to Yellowstone. I've always had the bug to get lost and go on a journey. I'm here to learn, plan, and be part of this awesome community. Below is a picture of the rig. It'll be outfitted this month with a rack and RTT... and OB emblem is on order!
The Admiral:
View attachment 4626
The gremlins: View attachment 4628
Welcome to the forum. Great looking rig and cute gremlins.

thorstein

Rank IV
Launch Member

Advocate III

Lier, Norway
Member #

image.jpeg Location: Lier, Norway
Rig: 2013 Toyota Land Cruiser 150 ( or Prado which its called elsewhere ) modified by Arctic Trucks Norway.
Experience: Pretty fresh when it comes to overlanding but been into the offroad scene for about 5 years. Bought myself a rooftop tent in march and the first overland trip was in april and after that I was hooked!

Wits' End

Rank 0

Contributor I

Wow! Can't believe how big of a community this is. I've been on MUD for about 8 years and just lived there for my LX450. I considered just using my standard screen name of NLXTACY (my license plate) but figured meh, I'll use my company name instead.

I met Michael from OB and a bunch of really cool people while at Overland Expo West and that's how I found this forum. I actually have emblem #0161 and really I gave to the cause because it was a fellow 80 lover trying to do something in overlanding. I had no idea I was helping to fund an empire [emoji12]

I have an 84 FJ60 and my 97 LX450 heavily modified. I've been "overlanding" for 24 years now with 350k miles on my LX to show for it.

Looking forward to getting a little more involved.

ImageUploadedByOverland Bound Talk1465171406.951444.jpgImageUploadedByOverland Bound Talk1465171444.005008.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Overland Bound Talk

Last edited:

VCeXpedition

Rank V
Launch Member

Off-Road Ranger I

Torrance, L.A., Cal., Earth
First Name
Dan
Last Name
Rich
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K6DHR
@wits end, we actually passed by you on the way to oex on Thursday somewhere near Victorville. This is a great community of people with different backgrounds & rigs different enough from 'MUD to expand your "horizons". Welcome, even though you have a pretty low OB#!

Sent from the future using outdated technology. On Tapatalk.