Edmonds WA
First Name
Ed
Last Name
Sershon
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
N7PHY
Welcome, @12poundtest! You are in a great place to meet new people... both virtually and in person. There are monthly meetups occurring for Northwest Washington that might be a good starting point for making new friends. The next one is a Christmas Tree Run coming up on December 9th [link]. To find out more about what is going on in the area, check out the Overland Bound NorthWest Region forum [link]. You can also take a look at the list of posted events on the Rally Point system [link].

So 73 from K6JDI and I look forward to seeing you out there! If you need anything, feel free to hit me up on the forums: @Jedi.
Thank you Jedi for the greeting and info. I’ll check out the links. 73!

Reactions: Kent R

Jedi

Rank VI
Staff member
Launch Member

Off-Road Ranger I

Arlington, WA, USA
First Name
Brie
Last Name
McClory
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K6JDI
Hey everyone!!! I’m Dyllon

Vehicle: 2016 ram ecodiesel

Experience: novice
View attachment 76887
Welcome @Dyllon9! It's always great to see more PNW overlanders joining this happy band of merry fools. That is a nice Ram and a great view of Mt. Rainier. Hmm, 20 minutes east of Seattle, you say? I believe that puts you 1 block east of Seattle (taking into account for traffic).:laughing:

Anyway, there are a number of great overlanding events occurring throughout the PNW, so I recommend checking out the Overland Bound NorthWest Region forum [link] for meetups and to get to know your “neighbors”. One that I know of and is close by is coming up, the Christmas Tree Run, on December 9th [link]. Even if you can't make that one, events are frequently posted on the Rally Point system [link], so you might want to check that out as well.

I look forward to seeing you out there! If you need anything, feel free to hit me up on the forums: @Jedi.

Reactions: Dyllon9 and Kent R

donald froman

Rank II

Enthusiast II

Crestline, CA, USA
First Name
Don
Last Name
Froman
Ham/GMRS Callsign
KM6PJL
Hi everyone. I'm don. Im located in socal. I have a 2012 jku. With a few aftermarket things on it. My experience is mostly fire roads and easy trails. I want to do the bradshaw trail as first over land trip. I just dont have any trail buddies or a winch. Looking forward to learning everything I can from anyone I can.

TNcaveman

Rank 0

Traveler I

Hello from Middle Tennessee - Stephen - aka TNcaveman here. Rig - 2018 TRD OR 4runner w/ OME springs/shocks, OPOR bars, and BFG KO2's Been Overlanding since college in the late 80's with a Honda Civic (did not call it that though - LOL) Signed up to get more info on small off-road worthy campers as I gracefully age.

Have a great weekend !

Stephen

Attachments

Kent R

Executive Director
Staff member
Mod Team

Pathfinder III

El Dorado, Ca
First Name
Kent
Last Name
Reynolds
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K6KNT
Service Branch
Retired Firefighter
Hi everyone. I'm don. Im located in socal. I have a 2012 jku. With a few aftermarket things on it. My experience is mostly fire roads and easy trails. I want to do the bradshaw trail as first over land trip. I just dont have any trail buddies or a winch. Looking forward to learning everything I can from anyone I can.
Welcome to Overland Bound!

There is a meet-up in your area that meets monthly, check them out on the forum if your interested.https:/www.overlandbound.com/forums/threads/reoccurring-inland-empire-meet-up-06-16-2018.10015/

If you have any questions message me on the forum @Kent R

Kent R

Executive Director
Staff member
Mod Team

Pathfinder III

El Dorado, Ca
First Name
Kent
Last Name
Reynolds
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K6KNT
Service Branch
Retired Firefighter
Hey everyone!

Rig: ‘99 4runner
Experience: Complete beginner

I’ve never been overlanding but am really excited to try it, although we don’t really have any good places to go close to home. As I mentioned, I’m a complete beginner so go easy on me.

Check the forum calendar and meet-up page for events and trips that might be happening close to you.

If you have any questions message your regional ambassador or you can con

Kent R

Executive Director
Staff member
Mod Team

Pathfinder III

El Dorado, Ca
First Name
Kent
Last Name
Reynolds
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K6KNT
Service Branch
Retired Firefighter
Hello from Middle Tennessee - Stephen - aka TNcaveman here. Rig - 2018 TRD OR 4runner w/ OME springs/shocks, OPOR bars, and BFG KO2's Been Overlanding since college in the late 80's with a Honda Civic (did not call it that though - LOL) Signed up to get more info on small off-road worthy campers as I gracefully age.

Have a great weekend !

Stephen

Check the forum calendar and meet-up page for events and trips that might be happening close to you.

If you have any questions message your regional ambassador or you can con

Reactions: TNcaveman

ZRex

Rank VII
Launch Member

Explorer I

Elizabethton, TN
First Name
Mike
Last Name
Klepp
Member #

Hey everyone!!! I’m Dyllon

Vehicle: 2016 ram ecodiesel

Experience: novice
View attachment 76887
Welcome Dyllon! Sweet picture and rig! Always love seeing pictures from back there, I grew up in Maple Valley and moved to Ellensburg for a little while, have since relocated to North Carolina. Enjoy OB!

Mike

Reactions: Dyllon9

Ncat

Rank V
Launch Member

Pathfinder I

Corona, CA, USA
First Name
N
Last Name
Cat
Member #

Hey Don, I live in Corona and go out frequently and have a few local buddies that go too if you want to go with a group. Also check out the IE Meetup on the third Saturday of every month too, a great group of guys.

Reactions: donald froman

donald froman

Rank II

Enthusiast II

Crestline, CA, USA
First Name
Don
Last Name
Froman
Ham/GMRS Callsign
KM6PJL
Hey Don, I live in Corona and go out frequently and have a few local buddies that go too if you want to go with a group. Also check out the IE Meetup on the third Saturday of every month too, a great group of guys.
Sounds awesome. I'm just up the road from you in riverside

Reactions: Ncat

John Lime III

Rank III
Launch Member

Enthusiast II

Anchorage, AK
First Name
John
Last Name
Lime III
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KL4OF
C8D33073-0758-457E-8BA0-0BA6467C279F.jpeg Hello from Anchorage, Alaska. You could say I’ve been an overlander for a while. I generally keep to easy trails and seasonal roads. I’ve found that what most people here call “atv trails” are easy trails for slightly modified road rigs to handle. I just bought a Jeep Renegade Trailhawk and hope to have some parts ready to go on come spring so I can be out this summer.

Cola

Rank III
Launch Member

Influencer II

Avondale, Jacksonville, FL, USA
Member #

New member from Jacksonville FL. 2000 Land Cruiser with an assortment of modifications for off-roading/remote travel. A couple years of offroading/Jeeps experience. Sold my TJ for a daily driver a few years ago and wanted another 4x4. Decided on a junk 2000 Land Cruiser. Slowly got it back to decent condition and it was perfectly paired with my desire to explore and camp in remote places. Plus I don't care (as much) if damage happens. Been averaging about a trip every two or three months for the last year mostly in the southeast. 1) Blue ridge, GA 2) Chattanooga, TN (twice) 3) Ashville, NC. Planning a trip to the South Core Outer Banks for new years. Glad to be here and learn!

Attachments

ZRex

Rank VII
Launch Member

Explorer I

Elizabethton, TN
First Name
Mike
Last Name
Klepp
Member #

New member from Jacksonville FL. 2000 Land Cruiser with an assortment of modifications for off-roading/remote travel. A couple years of offroading/Jeeps experience. Sold my TJ for a daily driver a few years ago and wanted another 4x4. Decided on a junk 2000 Land Cruiser. Slowly got it back to decent condition and it was perfectly paired with my desire to explore and camp in remote places. Plus I don't care (as much) if damage happens. Been averaging about a trip every two or three months for the last year mostly in the southeast. 1) Blue ridge, GA 2) Chattanooga, TN (twice) 3) Ashville, NC. Planning a trip to the South Core Outer Banks for new years. Glad to be here and learn!
Welcome to OB! Sweet rig! I've been thinking about a Land Cruiser or an LX470 for my next big purchase, though I'm not ready to replace the 4Runner so I'm on the fence. If you make it back to the Asheville area again we'd love to run some trails with you!

Enjoy!
Mike

Reactions: Cola