Member III

Robertson County, Tennessee, United States
First Name
Sean Hank
Last Name
Haney
Member #

Rig: ‘18 Jeep Cherokee Trailhawk

Experience: mostly RZR riding (dunes,desert,mountain trails)

Started watching a bunch of videos online about overlanding. I really like the idea of it. I am retired and hope to do some trips to get my feet wet. The Jeep is my wife’s daily driver so I need to keep that in mind when I get the urge to ‘set it up’.

I am going to review some more of the site and forums. Looks like some great information and great people here.
Welcome to OB Trevor! Feel free to ask any questions you may have! OB members are a very helpful group! Also, check out the calendar and look for events and meet ups in your area. Rigs and Coffee meets are a great way to get you feet wet and meet other members! Enjoy!

Reactions: Wawa Skittletits

Kent R

Executive Director
Staff member
Mod Team

Pathfinder III

El Dorado, Ca
First Name
Kent
Last Name
Reynolds
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K6KNT
Service Branch
Retired Firefighter
Hey OB community, like Kai above I joined several months ago. I’m new to overlanding and most things involving vehicular camping. Did lots of camping and hiking as a kid, and some off-roading with friends vehicles growing up but nothing in my own. I’ve got a 2014 Jeep Cherokee Trailhawk and currently live in the Central Valley, CA. Hoping to meet fellow members and learn more about everything!
-Steve
Welcome to Overland Bound!

As you allready know we have a meet-up in Fresno that is just getting started so keep an eye out for a forum message in the near future.

Any questions just message me @Kent R

Reactions: ScubaSteve2507

Kent R

Executive Director
Staff member
Mod Team

Pathfinder III

El Dorado, Ca
First Name
Kent
Last Name
Reynolds
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K6KNT
Service Branch
Retired Firefighter
Evening y'all,

I have been lurking on the page for about the past year.
I'm located in the Texas panhandle (Lubbock).

Recently purchased a used 2017 F-150 SCRW (5.0). The dealer really didn't know much about what if any mods the previous owner did. (it's not stock height, but I cannot figure out if it is a level kit or lift).

The intent is to slowly create a rig that will support my family and I to get us from point a to point b. No Matter what. Modular in concept so as to remain my DD. But also get my friends and I out to a campground in inclement weather.

My user name is the families name for the rig. Color is Grey (storm) and goose comes from how they say I drive "occasionally". (I plead the 5th).

My overlanding experience is with military vics and the like.

Looking forward to wandering around the forums looking for ideas.

Check the forum calendar and meet-up page for events and trips that might be happening close to you.

If you have any questions message me on the forum @Kent R

Reactions: StormGoose

Kent R

Executive Director
Staff member
Mod Team

Pathfinder III

El Dorado, Ca
First Name
Kent
Last Name
Reynolds
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K6KNT
Service Branch
Retired Firefighter
Howdy all, I'm David From SouthWest Missouri. We run a 2007 trx offroad ram 1500 and a 1998 ram 1500. I spend a lot of time running around in the Ozark hills. Profile pic is the Buffalo National River. I go by Rudepossum Outdoors. Hope to meet some of you guys and gals and share the great outdoors with new and old friends.

Check the forum calendar and meet-up page for events and trips that might be happening close to you.

If you have any questions message your regional ambassador or you can contact me on the forum

@Kent R

Natepj13

Rank I
Launch Member

Traveler I

Hi all,

Nate from Denver, CO here. Been lurking for a little bit, and finally became a member (not sure why i waited so long..).

I have a 2017 Subaru Forester XT. My profile pic is of my current set up. Love it. I spend almost every weekend in the mountains, exploring the humongous selection of trails, roads, forests, and parks CO has to offer. Love to learn, and get better in my set up and trips, so really looking forward to meet ups, and gaining new info and knowledge!MueC711DSGe0xpOVD7gDyA.jpg

Wawa Skittletits

Local Expert East Region USA
Staff member
Launch Member

Expedition Master I

Wilkes-Barre, PA, USA
First Name
Drew
Last Name
Hawley
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
WRBZ674
Service Branch
USN veteran
Hi all,

Nate from Denver, CO here. Been lurking for a little bit, and finally became a member (not sure why i waited so long..).

I have a 2017 Subaru Forester XT. My profile pic is of my current set up. Love it. I spend almost every weekend in the mountains, exploring the humongous selection of trails, roads, forests, and parks CO has to offer. Love to learn, and get better in my set up and trips, so really looking forward to meet ups, and gaining new info and knowledge!View attachment 76208
Welcome to Overland Bound fellow Subaru driver! I lurked on here for a while too.

Feel free to check out the Subaru Registry (link in sig) and introduce yourself! As always, if you ever have any questions please don’t hesitate to ask.

Dtyo

Rank III
Launch Member

Enthusiast II

Delray Beach, FL, USA
First Name
Daniel
Last Name
Tyo
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KM6YSO
Happy to be joining the Overland community and hopefully meeting fellow Overlanders and joining in on off road adventures. This is our first Jeep and love every minute of it. Been on the Rubicon Trail, visited Moab and Ouray Co, but by no means consider ourselves experienced Overlanders.

Dan and Elaine
P6300758.JPG

Troopyontour

Rank 0

Traveler I

Hello community,
We're going to travel from Australia to Germany in "Hans", a 2002 Troopy.
Overlanding Experience Background: We've always been outdoor people, my partner travelled Europe in a van for 6 months, we've both travelled to the Loftoten from Munich in a outfitted sprinter in 2015. Now planning to take the adventure a step further :)

Kent R

Executive Director
Staff member
Mod Team

Pathfinder III

El Dorado, Ca
First Name
Kent
Last Name
Reynolds
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K6KNT
Service Branch
Retired Firefighter
Hi all,

I have a 2017 Subaru Forester XT. My profile pic is of my current set up. Love it. I spend almost every weekend in the mountains, exploring the humongous selection of trails, roads, forests, and parks CO has to offer. Love to learn, and get better in my set up and trips, so really looking forward to meet ups, and gaining new info and knowledge!View attachment 76208

If you have any questions message your regional ambassador or you can contact me on the forum

@Kent R

Kent R

Executive Director
Staff member
Mod Team

Pathfinder III

El Dorado, Ca
First Name
Kent
Last Name
Reynolds
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K6KNT
Service Branch
Retired Firefighter
Happy to be joining the Overland community and hopefully meeting fellow Overlanders and joining in on off road adventures. This is our first Jeep and love every minute of it. Been on the Rubicon Trail, visited Moab and Ouray Co, but by no means consider ourselves experienced Overlanders.

Dan and Elaine
View attachment 76217

There is a meet-up in San Jose so watch for a notification on the forum.

Reactions: Dtyo

Kent R

Executive Director
Staff member
Mod Team

Pathfinder III

El Dorado, Ca
First Name
Kent
Last Name
Reynolds
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K6KNT
Service Branch
Retired Firefighter
Hello community,
We're going to travel from Australia to Germany in "Hans", a 2002 Troopy.
Overlanding Experience Background: We've always been outdoor people, my partner travelled Europe in a van for 6 months, we've both travelled to the Loftoten from Munich in a outfitted sprinter in 2015. Now planning to take the adventure a step further :)

Adventure Dave

Rank V
Launch Member

Advocate III

Morro Bay, CA, USA
First Name
Dave
Last Name
Gravender
Member #

Hey OB community,
I’m pretty new to Jeepin’ in general. I got my 2002 TJ Sport (stock) in August. Did my first overland journey from California Central Coast to Utah via Death Valley. Had a fantastic journey both there and back. Some of the roads were a little more challenging than I had expected but made for great fun. Found this community after I was already back home. Planning on getting a roof rack and rooftop tent. I think I’ll need to do a few upgrade to tires and a little lift to be more capable. Looking forward to many more adventures with a group.

Kent R

Executive Director
Staff member
Mod Team

Pathfinder III

El Dorado, Ca
First Name
Kent
Last Name
Reynolds
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K6KNT
Service Branch
Retired Firefighter
Hi,
I am David, Member# 13982
Keep forget to say hi to everyone
Driving a stock 2015 LX570, not planning any upgrade, just going to get new off road tires when this stock tires used up. just like to go light off-road, and sleep in the back of the vehicle. Irvine, So Cal.
Welcome to Overland B0und!

There is a meet-up in Orange County that you might be interested in. Check out the meet-up page on the forum or on the OLB West FB page for details.

https://www.overlandbound.com/forums/threads/reoccurring-orange-county-overland-bound-monthly-meet-up-06-02-2018.13515/

Kent R

Executive Director
Staff member
Mod Team

Pathfinder III

El Dorado, Ca
First Name
Kent
Last Name
Reynolds
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K6KNT
Service Branch
Retired Firefighter
Hey OB community,
I’m pretty new to Jeepin’ in general. I got my 2002 TJ Sport (stock) in August. Did my first overland journey from California Central Coast to Utah via Death Valley. Had a fantastic journey both there and back. Some of the roads were a little more challenging than I had expected but made for great fun. Found this community after I was already back home. Planning on getting a roof rack and rooftop tent. I think I’ll need to do a few upgrade to tires and a little lift to be more capable. Looking forward to many more adventures with a group.

FYI, there is an occasional meet-up on the Central Coast, currently we are woking on starting a new one and you will be advised.

Kent R

Executive Director
Staff member
Mod Team

Pathfinder III

El Dorado, Ca
First Name
Kent
Last Name
Reynolds
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K6KNT
Service Branch
Retired Firefighter

ovrlnd_escape

Rank V
Launch Member

Traveler III

DeSoto County, Mississippi, United States
First Name
Matt
Last Name
Kephart
Member #

Service Branch
Navy
Hello everyone. So I’m not a newbie but I haven’t been on here in long time and I wanted to re-introduce my self.
I have an 1988 grand wagoneer on 35 inch tires. Running a 6.2 diesel and power train from a military blazer.
I’m located in Middle Tennessee
And I started over landing about 4 years ago to teach my kids about the outdoors and to explore the country. So far we have had a blast and the wagon is constantly being upgraded to support over landing. 66732F12-0409-4EF7-9D87-605B771CF335-3313-00000268BB6FB97B.jpg