Member Introductions *NEW MEMBERS INTRODUCE YOURSELF*

• HTML tutorial

Sheezy52

Rank I
Launch Member

Traveler I

Pensacola, FL
Member #

Hello All! Excited to be part of this group, I'm an extreme novice when It comes to the overland scene. That said it is something that I have been wanting to get into for some time now. My wife and I welcomed our first child into our family a year ago and I was able to convince my wife that her new mommy mobile should be non other than a brand new 2017 TRD Pro 4Runner.. :) Ha So her daily driver is now my project rig. Since obtaining the T4R last year we have been on a couple of camping trips but nothing truly overlandish. I joined this group in hopes of meeting new people and finding some trails or adventures near us to start out with before taking cross country tours. Living in the gulf coast this poses somewhat of a challenge. :/

Kent R

Executive Director
Staff member
Mod Team

Pathfinder III

El Dorado, Ca
First Name
Kent
Last Name
Reynolds
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K6KNT
Service Branch
Retired Firefighter
New here from Missouri fairly new to overlanding but not to the outdoors. My trucks a 2006 tundra with a Dana 44 front axle, shackle flip and longer springs in the rear, 4.10 gears, snorkel, 8,000lb winch, homemade bumper and a few other mods. View attachment 74238
Welcome to Overland Bound!

Check the forum calendar and meet-up page for events and trips that might be happening close to you.
If you have any questions message your regional ambassador or you can contact me on the forum

@Kent R

Kent R

Executive Director
Staff member
Mod Team

Pathfinder III

El Dorado, Ca
First Name
Kent
Last Name
Reynolds
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K6KNT
Service Branch
Retired Firefighter
Hello there,

Sounds like I am in the same boat as a lot of the guys on here. I am new to overlanding , but not to being out side.

Home base is the north shore of Massachusetts, but I frequent NJ to ME.

My vehicle is a mostly stock 2014 Tacoma. The Tacoma will be my daily driver and weekend rig. Looking forward to starting my build and joining the community!

Check the forum calendar and meet-up page for events and trips that might be happening close to you.
If you have any questions message your regional ambassador or you can contact me on the forum

@Kent R

Kent R

Executive Director
Staff member
Mod Team

Pathfinder III

El Dorado, Ca
First Name
Kent
Last Name
Reynolds
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K6KNT
Service Branch
Retired Firefighter
Hello All! Excited to be part of this group, I'm an extreme novice when It comes to the overland scene. That said it is something that I have been wanting to get into for some time now. My wife and I welcomed our first child into our family a year ago and I was able to convince my wife that her new mommy mobile should be non other than a brand new 2017 TRD Pro 4Runner.. :) Ha So her daily driver is now my project rig. Since obtaining the T4R last year we have been on a couple of camping trips but nothing truly overlandish. I joined this group in hopes of meeting new people and finding some trails or adventures near us to start out with before taking cross country tours. Living in the gulf coast this poses somewhat of a challenge. :/

@Kent R

brien

Sonoran Space Program
Staff member

Off-Road Ranger I

Tucson, AZ
First Name
Brien
Last Name
Wankel
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K7XPO
New here from Missouri fairly new to overlanding but not to the outdoors. My trucks a 2006 tundra with a Dana 44 front axle, shackle flip and longer springs in the rear, 4.10 gears, snorkel, 8,000lb winch, homemade bumper and a few other mods. View attachment 74238
Welcome from Arizona! That home made bumper looks fantastic, nice work!

Reactions: ethan1911

brien

Sonoran Space Program
Staff member

Off-Road Ranger I

Tucson, AZ
First Name
Brien
Last Name
Wankel
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K7XPO
Hey Everyone! New to the OB community, but not to overland. South western Colorado resident, but spend a whole lot of time exploring the rest of the 4 corners and beyond. Currently have a 2007 Tacoma crew cab short bed. Can't wait to get to meet people with the same drive for adventure! Travel on!
Welcome, i'm down in Arizona. I've been wanting to explore into Colorado more, maybe i'll make that next year's focus

jasgwoods

Rank IV
Launch Member

Advocate II

Rocky Top, TN
First Name
Jason
Last Name
Woods
Member #

Hello all! I am a new member from Rocky Top, TN. My current rig is a 2010 Jeep JK. I am completely new to overlanding, but have been a Jeep owner for years and have some experience off roading. I am/was an avid backpacker, but due to a recent injury I will not be doing any serious hiking for a while, which ultimately led me to giving overlanding a try. I've been stalking the forums for a while and have gotten a lot of great information to help me get started. I look forward to getting to meet new people and getting to experience all that overlanding has to offer.

jasgwoods

Rank IV
Launch Member

Advocate II

Rocky Top, TN
First Name
Jason
Last Name
Woods
Member #

Hello Everyone! I am new to the overlanding community in general. I have always been a fan of the outdoors (WW Kayaking, camping, etc) and adventuring where I can. Cant wait to get more involved in the community and meet some like minded folks in the same area! North GA / East TN . Current vehicle is a 2015 Tundra TRD Pro DC (man do I wish we were shown the fabricator love in he same way to the Tacomas and 4Runners are).
Hey Shawn, welcome! I actually just became a member this morning and came across your post. I'm brand new to overlanding myself and like you, I have always been a fan of the outdoors.. Pretty much any activity I can get myself into. I am not too terribly far from you. I'm in East TN just north of Knoxville. I am looking for trails in East TN, North GA, Western NC. If you know of any please share, and I will do the same. Us newbies can help each other out :wink:.

Reactions: Kent R

NightRunner

Rank 0

Traveler I

DFW, TX
So I guess it's my turn then? Lol

Well, my name is NightRunner and I'm relatively new to the Overland lifestyle. I say that because whereas I've never really been involved with it, I've always enjoyed the idea and wanted to try it out myself. Sadly, all of my vehicles are 2WD and to have the eligible ones swapped over to a SAS setup would be very costly. I might be brave, but I'm not "off-roading in a 2WD brave" :P

That being said, our local Craigslist ad page is always buzzing with new and interesting vehicles to play with. I'm partial to Chevrolets/GMCs myself, so I would love to find an S10/Blazer 4WD variant for a decent price but with my latest move I have to put a pause on my extracurricular activities to boost my "play" money account back up. My mind is always buzzing with fun ideas on things to do to vehicles so that account tends to get a little skimpy from time to time.

Nonetheless, I'm excited to see what opportunities I can get involved with on this forum and I'm happy to have accidentally stumbled across this group from Google Images. :)

KDC

Rank V
Launch Member

Influencer II

Lawton, OK
Member #

So I guess it's my turn then? Lol

Well, my name is NightRunner and I'm relatively new to the Overland lifestyle. I say that because whereas I've never really been involved with it, I've always enjoyed the idea and wanted to try it out myself. Sadly, all of my vehicles are 2WD and to have the eligible ones swapped over to a SAS setup would be very costly. I might be brave, but I'm not "off-roading in a 2WD brave" :P

That being said, our local Craigslist ad page is always buzzing with new and interesting vehicles to play with. I'm partial to Chevrolets/GMCs myself, so I would love to find an S10/Blazer 4WD variant for a decent price but with my latest move I have to put a pause on my extracurricular activities to boost my "play" money account back up. My mind is always buzzing with fun ideas on things to do to vehicles so that account tends to get a little skimpy from time to time.

Nonetheless, I'm excited to see what opportunities I can get involved with on this forum and I'm happy to have accidentally stumbled across this group from Google Images. :)
I have seen and know plenty of people that overland in two wheel drive rigs. It really depends on what kind of overlanding you want to do. I would say start with what you have and save up some money for one of those fun ideas so that later you can build a sweet rig. Good luck out there and welcome to OB

Reactions: NightRunner

NightRunner

Rank 0

Traveler I

DFW, TX
It really depends on what kind of overlanding you want to do.
That's a good question, I'm really unfamiliar with areas of overlanding in Texas. Guys up north in Oklahoma (like yourself :P) seem to have plenty of room to go roaming around. Being in Dallas, we don't have many open areas around here. Lots of private property, and I'm not one for trespassing lol

Reactions: KDC

AdAstraOverland

Rank I
Launch Member

Traveler I

Kansas
New Members,

Welcome to the Overland Bound community! Please take a few moments to introduce yourself so we can get to know you!

A few things you might want to include in your introduction are:

1) Picture! If you have a rig, we want to see it!
2) Location (General area is fine)
3) Rig (Year, Make, Model, etc.)
4) Overlanding Experience Background (Novice or Experienced, you're welcome here!)

We're glad you've found us and look forward to sharing our adventures with you!

In addition to getting to know you, here are the guideline sent to all Moderators of the forums. It's a natural reflection of our community, and what Overland Bound is all about:

From @administrator
  • Overlanding is: "Vehicle Dependent Travel". Nothing else.
  • We will not further define "overlanding".
  • "Capable" depends on the requirements of the trip, and we take that very seriously.
  • You are an Overlander: Overlanding is for everyone who has exploration and adventure in their heart, or, who need to be reinvigorated by connecting with nature. Nature is unforgiving. You must rise to a certain level of personal awareness to survive. Sound right? Overlanding is for you.
  • Encourage uncomplicated ventures into the great outdoors. Don't over pack.
  • Be prepared, and understand basic requirements. Question folks, to be sure they are aware of what is required. Don't assume.
  • Share without reservation, trip locations, and information.
  • It doesn't matter what you drive: The only requirement of an Overlander is that the vehicle serves the job required, safely.
  • We do not care about make or model.
  • We do not engage in "this is better than that" competitions.
  • We DO give advice about how to make your vehicle ready for what you need. Share knowledge.
  • Humility.
  • We respect, fear, and protect nature.
  • "I don't know" is a great answer.
  • We don’t brag about exploits.
  • We seek answers from the community when we don’t know.
  • We engage in the very smallest of interactions.
IMG_1797.JPG
N.E. Kansas
‘08 LR3
Somewhat experienced
I’ve always had a bit of wonderlust and enjoyed all sorts of outdoor activities and adventure. Much of this was fueled throughout Boy Scouts and a career in the military.

brien

Sonoran Space Program
Staff member

Off-Road Ranger I

Tucson, AZ
First Name
Brien
Last Name
Wankel
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K7XPO
View attachment 74377
N.E. Kansas
‘08 LR3
Somewhat experienced
I’ve always had a bit of wonderlust and enjoyed all sorts of outdoor activities and adventure. Much of this was fueled throughout Boy Scouts and a career in the military.
Welcome from Arizona, Nice looking LR3!

I'm curious about Kansas, do you find enough interesting places to explore there, or do you typically head on longer trips to other states? I ask because KS has the second lowest percentage of public land at something like 2%

Reactions: KDC

brien

Sonoran Space Program
Staff member

Off-Road Ranger I

Tucson, AZ
First Name
Brien
Last Name
Wankel
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K7XPO
Hi, I'm Brett. I'm quite new to overlanding but used to do a lot of backpacking in Colorado. I'm currently in northern NJ. From the looks of it there aren't a lot of trails close to where I live, but that's the joy of overlanding and I'm always looking for a good adventure. I currently have a 100% stock 06' GX470.
Welcome, Brett!

Joss

Rank 0

Traveler I

Hello I'm Joss and I am new to overlanding. I have no experience whatsoever and wanted to join a forum to get a better idea of what it entails, hopefully I gain some knowledge and prepare for my first overland weekend or something. I live in Colorado and will probably be overlanding in a 2012 Nissan Pathfinder.

KDC

Rank V
Launch Member

Influencer II

Lawton, OK
Member #

Hello I'm Joss and I am new to overlanding. I have no experience whatsoever and wanted to join a forum to get a better idea of what it entails, hopefully I gain some knowledge and prepare for my first overland weekend or something. I live in Colorado and will probably be overlanding in a 2012 Nissan Pathfinder.
Welcome. You definitely can to the right place. That’s a great rig to start building into an overland rig lots of room for storage and plenty of options to add. Look forward to chatting with you and hopefully seeing a build progression of your ride

Reactions: Joss

Joss

Rank 0

Traveler I

Welcome. You definitely can to the right place. That’s a great rig to start building into an overland rig lots of room for storage and plenty of options to add. Look forward to chatting with you and hopefully seeing a build progression of your ride
Thanks, first thing I'm going to do is read some sticky threads. Then go from there. Yeah I love how the Pathfinder has all that enclosed space.

Maybe one day I'll purchase the first mod and begin a thread about the journey.​

Reactions: BrianBraski and KDC

AdAstraOverland

Rank I
Launch Member

Traveler I

Kansas
Welcome from Arizona, Nice looking LR3!

I'm curious about Kansas, do you find enough interesting places to explore there, or do you typically head on longer trips to other states? I ask because KS has the second lowest percentage of public land at something like 2%
There are quite a few places to explore. The vast majority of roads are unpaved and many unmaintained which can make for a good time. A lot of small towns and historical sites. Contrary to popular belief the whole state isn’t flat.

Reactions: T.Shack