Staff member

Member III

Falmouth, MA, USA
First Name
Kevin
Last Name
Nova
Member #

Hi all, new member here from Herndon Virginia. I've been overlanding for many years now. My current rigs are a 2016 Tacoma TRD Sport and a 2001 Jeep Wrangler TJ. Both have been upgraded with a number of safety, recovery and convenience features but have basically stock drivetrains, the way I prefer it. I look forward to meeting and learning from the members here!

Welcome from NOVA/DC!

Kent R

Executive Director
Staff member
Mod Team

Pathfinder III

El Dorado, Ca
First Name
Kent
Last Name
Reynolds
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K6KNT
Service Branch
Retired Firefighter
Hey everybody ! Call me Nomad, I'm new to over landing, and the 4x4 world in general. Rig is an 07 FJ stock will throw photos up soon!
Welcome to Overland Bound!

Check the forum calendar and meet-up page for events and trips that might be happening close to you.
If you have any questions message your regional ambassador or you can contact me on the forum

@Kent R

Reactions: Nomad 9

CrewmaxTRDRockWarrior

Rank I
Launch Member

Traveler I

Indiana
Hey I'm Levi from Indiana. always been a camper but now married with kids and we as a family are getting into "overloading". I have a 2012 Tundra Crewmax TRD Rock Warrior edition. I would love for people in my area to get ahold of me to do some meet ups. We just bought a little pop up camper we are fixing up for some trips. " wife said no more tent camping with our newborn" haha well anyways, thank you for letting me join and hope to here from some people in the midwest!

Attachments

Desert Runner

Rank VII
Launch Member

Expedition Master III

Southern Nevada
First Name
Jerold
Last Name
F.
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
/GMRS=WREA307
Hello all, been a Southern Nevadan resident almost all my life. Grew up here, and my family did a lot of area exploration in the state. We also did a lot of primitive camping, so tents, sleeping bags, and campfire cooking were a part of me and my sister's early years. It made an impact on how i viewed nature. After collage and then my first 4x4, i started to do some camping and exploration. Having that 4x4 allowed me to explore areas i would not have attempted alone. I also do ATV quad riding, as my knees are no longer that of a college student....sniff...sniff. So hiking is no longer a reasonable expectation, thus Overlanding will allow my communion with nature to continue.

My 2003 Chevy Silverado 2500HD is my daily driver and being a 4x4, allows me to hit the back roads when needed. Over the years the upgrades include 285x75x16 tires(33 Inch) vs OEM 245x75x16, the addition of Bilstein shocks which greatly improved the ride over the factory ones. The addition of a rear recovery point help ease the thought of retreating out of a situation if necessary. It took years, but I finally was able to afford a ARB bull-bar and a HD 17,500 pound winch for the truck. Something necessary for all but the mildest back country/trail driving .

I discovered this forum almost 2 years ago, and after lurking, finally decided to join recently. I look forward to all the information and conversation in the future that OB will bring.

Last edited:

Hank Outdoors

Rank VI
Launch Member

Member III

Robertson County, Tennessee, United States
First Name
Sean Hank
Last Name
Haney
Member #

Hi all, new member here from Herndon Virginia. I've been overlanding for many years now. My current rigs are a 2016 Tacoma TRD Sport and a 2001 Jeep Wrangler TJ. Both have been upgraded with a number of safety, recovery and convenience features but have basically stock drivetrains, the way I prefer it. I look forward to meeting and learning from the members here!

Welcome to OB and the East Region! If you have any questions feel free to ask, OB members are extremely helpful!
Check out the calendar for upcoming events in your area.

Kent R

Executive Director
Staff member
Mod Team

Pathfinder III

El Dorado, Ca
First Name
Kent
Last Name
Reynolds
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K6KNT
Service Branch
Retired Firefighter
Hey I'm Levi from Indiana. always been a camper but now married with kids and we as a family are getting into "overloading". I have a 2012 Tundra Crewmax TRD Rock Warrior edition. I would love for people in my area to get ahold of me to do some meet ups. We just bought a little pop up camper we are fixing up for some trips. " wife said no more tent camping with our newborn" haha well anyways, thank you for letting me join and hope to here from some people in the midwest!

Check the forum calendar and meet-up page for events and trips that might be happening close to you.
If you have any questions message your regional ambassador or you can contact me on the forum

@Kent R

Kent R

Executive Director
Staff member
Mod Team

Pathfinder III

El Dorado, Ca
First Name
Kent
Last Name
Reynolds
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K6KNT
Service Branch
Retired Firefighter
Hello all, been a Southern Nevadan resident almost all my life. Grew up here, and my family did a lot of area exploration in the state. We also did a lot of primitive camping, so tents, sleeping bags, and campfire cooking were a part of me and my sister's early years. It made an impact on how i viewed nature. After collage and then my first 4x4, i started to do some camping and exploration. Having that 4x4 allowed me to explore areas i would not have attempted alone. I also do ATV quad riding, as my knees are no longer that of a college student....sniff...sniff. So hiking is no longer a reasonable expectation, thus Overlanding will allow my communion with nature to continue.

My 2003 Chevy Silverado 2500HD is my daily driver and being a 4x4, allows me to hit the back roads when needed. Over the years the upgrades include 285x75x16 tires(33 Inch) vs OEM 245x75x16, the addition of Bilstein shocks which greatly improved the ride over the factory ones. The addition of a rear recovery point help ease the thought of retreating out of a situation if necessary. It took years, but I finally was able to afford a ARB bull-bar and a HD 17,500 pound winch for the truck. Something necessary for all but the mildest back country/trail driving .

I discovered this forum almost 2 years ago, and after lurking, finally decided to join recently. I look forward to all the information and conversation in the future that OB will bring.

Las Vegas has a new meet-up group that is working on setting up a reoccurring meet-up. Check it out if your interested.

https://www.overlandbound.com/forums/threads/official-ob-las-vegas-thread.17713/

If you have any questions message me on the forum @Kent R

Kent R

Executive Director
Staff member
Mod Team

Pathfinder III

El Dorado, Ca
First Name
Kent
Last Name
Reynolds
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K6KNT
Service Branch
Retired Firefighter
Hello OB members! I'm brand new and wanted to say hello. I live in southwest Washington state and am looking forward to getting out and exploring. I drive a 2004 Toyota 4Runner. Mostly stock right now, but 2019 has some fun plans for it.

If you have any questions message me on the forum @Kent R

Here is a new meet-up that might be close to you.
https://www.overlandbound.com/forums/threads/n-or-s-wa-meet-up-and-short-trail-run-11-10-2018.20050/

Desert Runner

Rank VII
Launch Member

Expedition Master III

Southern Nevada
First Name
Jerold
Last Name
F.
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
/GMRS=WREA307

Kent R

Executive Director
Staff member
Mod Team

Pathfinder III

El Dorado, Ca
First Name
Kent
Last Name
Reynolds
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K6KNT
Service Branch
Retired Firefighter
Thanks Kent..for fixing my status, AND sending the link for all the Southern Nevada OB member's.:sunglasses::sunglasses::sunglasses::sunglasses::sunglasses::sunglasses::sunglasses::sunglasses:
Your welcome for the link,. FYI, another ambassador fixed your status we all help each other here.

Shawn Smith

Rank 0

Traveler I

Hello Everyone! I am new to the overlanding community in general. I have always been a fan of the outdoors (WW Kayaking, camping, etc) and adventuring where I can. Cant wait to get more involved in the community and meet some like minded folks in the same area! North GA / East TN . Current vehicle is a 2015 Tundra TRD Pro DC (man do I wish we were shown the fabricator love in he same way to the Tacomas and 4Runners are).

Kent R

Executive Director
Staff member
Mod Team

Pathfinder III

El Dorado, Ca
First Name
Kent
Last Name
Reynolds
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K6KNT
Service Branch
Retired Firefighter
Hello Everyone! I am new to the overlanding community in general. I have always been a fan of the outdoors (WW Kayaking, camping, etc) and adventuring where I can. Cant wait to get more involved in the community and meet some like minded folks in the same area! North GA / East TN . Current vehicle is a 2015 Tundra TRD Pro DC (man do I wish we were shown the fabricator love in he same way to the Tacomas and 4Runners are).

@Kent R

Reactions: Shawn Smith

Wag

Rank I
Launch Member

Traveler I

Durango
Member #

Hey Everyone! New to the OB community, but not to overland. South western Colorado resident, but spend a whole lot of time exploring the rest of the 4 corners and beyond. Currently have a 2007 Tacoma crew cab short bed. Can't wait to get to meet people with the same drive for adventure! Travel on!

Kent R

Executive Director
Staff member
Mod Team

Pathfinder III

El Dorado, Ca
First Name
Kent
Last Name
Reynolds
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K6KNT
Service Branch
Retired Firefighter
Hey Everyone! New to the OB community, but not to overland. South western Colorado resident, but spend a whole lot of time exploring the rest of the 4 corners and beyond. Currently have a 2007 Tacoma crew cab short bed. Can't wait to get to meet people with the same drive for adventure! Travel on!

@Kent R

ethan1911

Rank III
Launch Member

Enthusiast II

Strafford Missouri
First Name
Ethan
Last Name
Hand
Member #

New here from Missouri fairly new to overlanding but not to the outdoors. My trucks a 2006 tundra with a Dana 44 front axle, shackle flip and longer springs in the rear, 4.10 gears, snorkel, 8,000lb winch, homemade bumper and a few other mods. D2F9F0AB-A502-4D45-B113-5EFDDB7083B0.jpeg

Grex19

Rank I
Launch Member

Traveler I

Newburyport, MA
Member #

Hello there,

Sounds like I am in the same boat as a lot of the guys on here. I am new to overlanding , but not to being out side.

Home base is the north shore of Massachusetts, but I frequent NJ to ME.

My vehicle is a mostly stock 2014 Tacoma. The Tacoma will be my daily driver and weekend rig. Looking forward to starting my build and joining the community!

RicketyOnion

Rank IV
Launch Member

Off-Road Ranger I

Rock Hill, South Carolina, USA
First Name
Adam
Last Name
D
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KJ4GZD
Current Vehicle: 06 LX470
Previous Vehicle: 97 LX450, 83 CJ7
Overland Experience: Novice with overlanding, Experienced rock crawling, camping, fabricating, wrenching
Why Overlanding?: Grew up camping and being outdoors and always loved jeeps... fast forward years and despite having a Tech office job, my real joy comes from the outdoors, wrenching, and automotive stuff.. I’ve done a lot of wrench turning including a complete frame off resto of a CJ7. engine swaps, transmission conversions, bumper fab.. the list is long. I enjoy more minimalist camping and being away from the hustle and bustle of work.

Glad I’ve come across this site