Contributor III

Henderson, NV
First Name
Tony
Last Name
Roberson
Member #

Hello!

Just joined the forum this week. I loved the concept of "Adventure is necessary" as it was something my grandmother tried to instill in us years ago when I was growing up in Tennessee and Georgia. Now that I'm in Las Vegas, I've been hesitant to go explore the desert because it's so different from what I grew up with. But I just bought a 2018 Toyota 4runner, so my adventure bug is kicked into overdrive. Dunno how ready I am for expedition style overlanding, but I do look forward to taking some weekend trips, as well as meeting new people through the forum and local off-road and overland groups.39051734_10155715371922717_8890124892997943296_o.jpg

Kent R

Executive Director
Staff member
Mod Team

Pathfinder III

El Dorado, Ca
First Name
Kent
Last Name
Reynolds
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K6KNT
Service Branch
Retired Firefighter
Hello everyone, I'm Jeff from the St. Louis region. I'm a magnet for expensive hobbies and overland travel seems like a good fit. I've owned capable vehicles for many years (2 Ford and 3 Toyota 4x4's) and now I want to put them to good use.
Welcome to Overland Bound!

Check the forum calendar and meet-up page for events and trips that might be happening close to you.
If you have any questions message your regional ambassador or you can contact me on the forum

@Kent R

Kent R

Executive Director
Staff member
Mod Team

Pathfinder III

El Dorado, Ca
First Name
Kent
Last Name
Reynolds
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K6KNT
Service Branch
Retired Firefighter
Hello Everyone, I'm a new Member from Alberta. I have been hitting the back country my whole life across Alberta. Off road exploring, hunting, climbing, back packing, pretty much any way of seeing nature. Rigs have included Jeep, Frontier, Toyota, and now Land Rover. I look forward to meeting some of you on the trails. Does anybody know if there is an ambassador for the Alberta or Western Canada?

Check the forum calendar and meet-up page for events and trips that might be happening close to you.
Here is the Forum pages for Canada;
https://www.overlandbound.com/forums/forums/canada.48/
I looks like your Regional Ambassador is @Winterpeg
If you have any questions message me on the forum @Kent R

Reactions: Winterpeg

Kent R

Executive Director
Staff member
Mod Team

Pathfinder III

El Dorado, Ca
First Name
Kent
Last Name
Reynolds
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K6KNT
Service Branch
Retired Firefighter
Thank you, DFW is a bit of a drive but will try and make it out to meet everyone.
We are working on a meet-up closer to you and I hope to have something in the next couple of months.

Reactions: SparkySparks

Kent R

Executive Director
Staff member
Mod Team

Pathfinder III

El Dorado, Ca
First Name
Kent
Last Name
Reynolds
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K6KNT
Service Branch
Retired Firefighter
G'day!, GabrielSyler here.

Live in Australia were everything is deadly.

I drive a 2017 Ford Ranger which I acquired for overlanding. I've done quite a lot to it so will setup a build thread.

If you have any questions message your regional ambassador or you can contact me on the forum

@Kent R

Reactions: Cryptid Species

Kent R

Executive Director
Staff member
Mod Team

Pathfinder III

El Dorado, Ca
First Name
Kent
Last Name
Reynolds
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K6KNT
Service Branch
Retired Firefighter
Hello!

Just joined the forum this week. I loved the concept of "Adventure is necessary" as it was something my grandmother tried to instill in us years ago when I was growing up in Tennessee and Georgia. Now that I'm in Las Vegas, I've been hesitant to go explore the desert because it's so different from what I grew up with. But I just bought a 2018 Toyota 4runner, so my adventure bug is kicked into overdrive. Dunno how ready I am for expedition style overlanding, but I do look forward to taking some weekend trips, as well as meeting new people through the forum and local off-road and overland groups.View attachment 73814

Las Vegas has a new meet-up group that is working on setting up a reoccurring meet-up. Check it out if your interested.
https://www.overlandbound.com/forums/threads/official-ob-las-vegas-thread.17713/

Reactions: Cryptid Species

Jedi

Rank VI
Staff member
Launch Member

Off-Road Ranger I

Arlington, WA, USA
First Name
Brie
Last Name
McClory
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K6JDI
New member in Maple Valley WA. Current build is a 06 LR-3 SE. I plan on building a touring/adventure/camping rig. Previous build was a 03 Disco 2. I hope to be able to contribute as much as I gain from this group. Thanks for creating the opportunity.
Welcome to the growing masses in the PNW. There are quite a few Overlanders in your area, so keep an eye on the Northwest Region forum (link) and the Rally Points (link) for events and meet-ups. If you don't mind traveling north of Seattle, we have monthly meetings of the Northwest Washington Overland Bound group. Those events are announced in the previously linked forums.

Kent R

Executive Director
Staff member
Mod Team

Pathfinder III

El Dorado, Ca
First Name
Kent
Last Name
Reynolds
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K6KNT
Service Branch
Retired Firefighter
Hey everyone, just joined the site and excited to dive into the world of overlanding. I drive a 2018 Chevy Colorado Z71 4x4, it's my third off-road capable truck and I've never taken any of them out onto the trails. I'd very much like that to change and soon, so I'm looking forward to the opportunities to get out there and do some exploring.

@Kent R

Kent R

Executive Director
Staff member
Mod Team

Pathfinder III

El Dorado, Ca
First Name
Kent
Last Name
Reynolds
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K6KNT
Service Branch
Retired Firefighter
New England, Connecticut. 08 Outback lifted for camping and such. Great forum.

@Kent R

Reactions: NobleMerc

T4R_Overland

Rank II
Launch Member

Contributor III

Memphis, TN
Member #

Hey fellow OB members,

I've been a member on here a while, but just started to be active as I want to introduce overlanding to my backpacking hobby.

Memphis, TN
2016 Toyota 4Runner Trail
Novice Overlander (Offroad quite a bit, but new to the idea of living for days, weeks, months out of my vehicle)

Instagram: johnkirk_

Last edited:

Kent R

Executive Director
Staff member
Mod Team

Pathfinder III

El Dorado, Ca
First Name
Kent
Last Name
Reynolds
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K6KNT
Service Branch
Retired Firefighter
Hi y'all! New member down in Texas. I have a 97 Tahoe that I'm currently building. Not new to overlanding, but this is my first time with my own vehicle. Looking forward to all the stories and tips

The DFW area has a Meet-Up that meets monthly, if your interested check out the meet-up page on the forum for details. https://www.overlandbound.com/forums/threads/reoccurring-dallas-fort-worth-dfw-meet-up.18113/page-5#post-265965