Member Introductions *NEW MEMBERS INTRODUCE YOURSELF*

• HTML tutorial

Steadysqueeze

Rank I
Launch Member

Traveler I

Indiana, USA
Member #

Hello Everyone - I'm Steve and I'm relatively new to overlanding. I have always been a car guy growing up loving speed. More recently I have taken to off-roading and over-landing. I currently have two rigs:

1989 Toyota 4runner - 3vze - 5 speed: I have invested a lot of time and $ in this truck and learned a lot doing so.

And I recently picked up a:

1990 Gen 1 Mitsubishi Montero: almost stock besides 33" Duratrac's and a tune up.

I'm a bit tight on funds at the moment and I was thinking I might sell both (tears) in order to pick up a Gen2 or Gen2.5 Montero and enjoy the luxuries of a never vehicle while building a capable overland truck on a budget. It will be hard to let the Yota go due to the blood, sweat, and tears put into her!
View attachment 72737 View attachment 72738 View attachment 72736
Bad ass 4unner! Welcome.

Magic Mike

US Full-time/Long Term Travel Ambassador
Launch Member

Expedition Master I

Rapid City, South Dakota, United States
First Name
Michael
Last Name
Lee
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KM6YKV
Service Branch
Army & Marine Corps
Welcome to Overland Bound!

Check the forum calendar and meet-up page for events and trips that might be happening close to you.
Love the color of the truck.
If you have any questions message your regional ambassador or you can contact me on the forum

@Kent R
Nice rig

Koopdaddy

Rank I
Launch Member

Traveler I

Loveland, CO, USA
Member #

Hello all, I joined OB last year and somehow missed this entire forum! Excited to be here. I am a father of 6 so the 8 of us are alot of work to go camping, but we love it. Having a large family slightly limits vehicle choices...however we have rocked our 2002 Toyota Sequoia for a bout 225,000 miles so far. Picture coming soon! We live in northern Colorado. We have a hard time leaving CO for trips because we have so many awesome places to go here. Thanks for all this Micheal and the OB team!
Hey welcome! I'm a newbie too! What part of norco are you in? I'm in loveland.

Jared

Magic Mike

Launch Member

Expedition Master I

First Name
Michael
Last Name
Lee
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KM6YKV
Service Branch
Army & Marine Corps
Hey Hey Dannyz here Home base is Cameron Park Ca.
My Rig: 2016 4Runner, 4 inch Tuff Country lift, 18x9 Fuel Beast wrapped with Toyo MT 33x12.50, Smittybilt 40504 Defender Rack, N-Fab W2W steps, very soon we will announce our basecamp setup
Experienced Overlanding for 30+ years
Welcome

Reactions: Nomadik Nova

Magic Mike

Launch Member

Expedition Master I

First Name
Michael
Last Name
Lee
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KM6YKV
Service Branch
Army & Marine Corps
My Rig: 2016 4Runner, 4 inch Tuff Country lift, 18x9 Fuel Beast wrapped with Toyo MT 33x12.50, Smittybilt 40504 Defender Rack, N-Fab W2W steps, very soon we will announce our basecamp setup
Hey Danny welcome to Overland Bound, I'm located over here in Auburn. Look forward to see you out there. Look into the Sierra Foothills Overland thread. I just went to my first meeting on Tuesday and there a great group of people!

Reactions: Cryptid Species

Kent R

Executive Director
Staff member
Mod Team

Pathfinder III

El Dorado, Ca
First Name
Kent
Last Name
Reynolds
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K6KNT
Service Branch
Retired Firefighter
Hello Everyone!

I just got my badges and pink slip on the same day. Time to start exploring and posting. Lots of wonderful info and tech to catch up on.

Check the forum calendar and meet-up page for events and trips that might be happening close to you.
If you have any questions message your regional ambassador or you can contact me on the forum

@Kent R

Kent R

Executive Director
Staff member
Mod Team

Pathfinder III

El Dorado, Ca
First Name
Kent
Last Name
Reynolds
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K6KNT
Service Branch
Retired Firefighter

There are two meet-up’s in your area if you are interested, both are on the meet-up page of the forum and the calendar.

Sierra Foothills Overlanders monthly meeting.
https://www.overlandbound.com/forums/threads/sierra-foothills-monthly-ob-meetup-11-21-2017.10663/

Sacramento weekly meet-up.
https://www.overlandbound.com/forums/threads/sacramento-weekly-meet-up.3332/

If you have any questions message me on the forum @Kent R

Kent R

Executive Director
Staff member
Mod Team

Pathfinder III

El Dorado, Ca
First Name
Kent
Last Name
Reynolds
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K6KNT
Service Branch
Retired Firefighter
Rick here.

Rig: 1983 Jeep CJ7 (Photo forthcoming)
Experience: Lots, from "government service", but translating that into civilian life.

Cheers!

@Kent R

Kent R

Executive Director
Staff member
Mod Team

Pathfinder III

El Dorado, Ca
First Name
Kent
Last Name
Reynolds
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K6KNT
Service Branch
Retired Firefighter
Kaleb here,
Rig: 1994 Toyota 4Runner SR5
Experience: I've done lots of camping growing up, but next to none as a married man. We're looking to change that very shortly.
View attachment 72882

If you have any questions message me on the forum @Kent R

Kent R

Executive Director
Staff member
Mod Team

Pathfinder III

El Dorado, Ca
First Name
Kent
Last Name
Reynolds
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K6KNT
Service Branch
Retired Firefighter
Name is Carlos

Rig: 06 Hummer H3

Brand spanking new to overlanding. Can’t wait to start learning new things and meeting fellow overlanders

@Kent R