Frederick, Frederick County, Maryland, United States
First Name
Mario
Last Name
Mondragon
Ham/GMRS Callsign
HQ1MRM
Good day everybody

I am Mario Mondragon from Honduras, i live in Pompano Beach Florida. I have been reading a little bit from your forum thru internet searching info about the Toyotas Land Cruiser, i have a 1996 stock that i got on april 2017. I just simple love the car and enjoy drive it every day. Thanks to your post i have been learning about how to do everything with it. Thanks for all the information you share. I am upgrading my TLC with a snorkel and planning to install also a lift of 3" Old Emu.

IMG-20180405-WA0026.jpeg20170428_194142.jpeg20170428_193352.jpeg

BrianBraski

Rank I
Launch Member

Contributor II

I currently live in El Paso, TX

Rig: 2004 Chevrolet Silverado 4x4
I know it's not the typical rig that most people run, but it's what I have and I plan on running with it. It's pretty much stock right now, but I plan on upgrading as I get more experience.

Experience: novice. I honestly have no experience with Overlanding. I do have quite a bit of experience with hiking, backpacking, and camping. The military has sent me to a couple of survival courses and a few different countries, so being outdoors is nothing new for me.

I'm excited to start this project and hopefully get out there on the trail to meet some of you.
I love full size truck overlanding. I have an F150 and I love not having the typical vehicle. Glad to have another one out here.

Reactions: Kent R

06RedRam

Rank I

Contributor III

Butte, MT, USA
First Name
Matt
Last Name
Geurin
E20ACC92-5B66-420E-8350-39EA1A39A435.jpeg 05F15AD8-2041-40EF-9815-E9AFD6E2455D.jpeg Hey, new guy here. I’m currently living in Montana and plan to stay.
Rig: 2006 Ram 2500 Hemi, TRX4. Lifted on 37x13.50 Toyo MTs. A long way to go to be capable of all I want, super slow progress as funds allow.
Experience: a lot of miles off road in all kinds of conditions. Could always learn more. No overnight trips as of yet, so I guess I would be a novice haha. Looking forward to getting out and doing more exploring.

Traveler I

IMG_4202.JPG Hey everyone!

Rig: 1996 Toyota 4Runner SR5 4x4 5speed.
No lift. Just tacoma wheels and mud tires as of now.

EXP: I'd say novice to advanced give or take.
Ever since I turned 16 I've been driving off-road vehicles mudding/trailing/crawling/climbing. Learned most of what I know in a straight 6 full size 83 ford bronco 4speed 4x4 with 36 inch tires in st. George. If your in the Ogden/SLC area hit me up and let's go play in the dirt!

T4R_ty

Rank I
Launch Member

Traveler I

Gig harbor, wa
First Name
Ty
Last Name
B
Member #

Hello OB. I'm tyler in gig harbor, wa. Been offroading in the XJ scene for a while. After a few years hiatus I'm back looking to explore, this time in a more spacious, family oriented rig. Bought last June it's a 2018 4runner trd orp. Already fitted some things with much more to come.

Attachments

Last edited:

KDC

Rank V
Launch Member

Influencer II

Lawton, OK
Member #

Been a long while since I have come through this thread. I would like to say welcome to all that have joined. This is a great knowledge base. I have seen a lot of cool rigs. Really surprised by some( mini van) never thought I’d see it but im definitely looking forward to seeing build threads and talking to everyone. Hope to see you out there one day

Jedi

Rank VI
Staff member
Launch Member

Off-Road Ranger I

Arlington, WA, USA
First Name
Brie
Last Name
McClory
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K6JDI
Hello OB. I'm tyler in gig harbor, wa. Been offroading in the XJ scene for a while. After a few years hiatus I'm back looking to explore, this time in a more spacious, family oriented rig. Bought last June it's a 2018 4runner trd orp. Already fitted some things with much more to come.
Welcome Tyler! Always great to see another member up in Washington. Just a word of warning, the longer you stay on this site, the longer your list of "much more to come" will get... but it is incredible fun getting that list checked off, so well worth it. The PNW is just now starting to get really energized , so you might want to stop in the forum for the Northwest (AK, ID, WA, OR) Region: Forum Link. I know there is some work going on behind the scenes to get a meet-up going in the Tacoma area, so watch that forum as well as the Overland Bound Meetups forum for more information: Forum Link. There is also some pre-planning going on for a Washington meet-up, but it isn't likely to happen before the new year.

Zapo

Rank III
Launch Member

Enthusiast II

Paris, France
First Name
William
Last Name
Boulay
Member #

Hi there,

I'm -happy- new member of Overland Bound, I always wanted to be part of the family.
IMAG1171.jpg

Rig : Land Rover Defender 110 SW 300 Tdi - 1995

Pretty novice about overlanding experience but I grew up with the Nissan Baroud (Patrol Y61) from my Father so I'm pretty aware about overlanding.

Can't wait to take some advice and maybe meet some new people !

KDC

Rank V
Launch Member

Influencer II

Lawton, OK
Member #

Hi there,

I'm -happy- new member of Overland Bound, I always wanted to be part of the family.
View attachment 71515

Rig : Land Rover Defender 110 SW 300 Tdi - 1995

Pretty novice about overlanding experience but I grew up with the Nissan Baroud (Patrol Y61) from my Father so I'm pretty aware about overlanding.

Can't wait to take some advice and maybe meet some new people !
Welcome. Love the rig. I hope to get a 110 one day

CopperstateJake

Rank I
Launch Member

Traveler I

Mesa, AZ, USA
First Name
Jakeb
Last Name
Belnap
Member #

Name is Jakeb. Live in Mesa, Arizona. Relativity new to Overlanding, but have camped, backpacked, and roughed it a lot while growing up in Scouts.

Been following the community for a couple years now, finally decided to join and pursue a little bit more of this awesome community.

2014 Ford F-150 4x4 with the 3.5l ecoboost, named Tonto. Recently traded a fuel efficient car for this monster Haha Will be doing a great many upgrades to the truck, which I sm sure will be neverending.

Looking forward to calling more often, but also doing more of my passion for astrophotography and landscape photography.

Attachments

Dave H.

Rank II
Launch Member

Enthusiast I

Pittsgrove Township, NJ, USA
First Name
Dave
Last Name
Hitchner
Member #

Hi All,
IMG_6544.jpg
2) Pittsgrove, NJ
3)2004 Ram 2500, No Mods yet.
4) Brand new to Overlanding, kind of to camping, only been about 4 or 5 times. Plan is to work up and build my skills and build the truck up to get prepared for Moab in 2 or 3 years when my brother moves out to NM. After that, who knows!

Kent R

Executive Director
Staff member
Mod Team

Pathfinder III

El Dorado, Ca
First Name
Kent
Last Name
Reynolds
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K6KNT
Service Branch
Retired Firefighter
We spend a large amount of time and have family in Sonora. Love to explore Grass Valley/Placerville area one day.
Great! check out our local page Sierra Foothills Overlanders, maybe you could make a run with us.
We spend a large amount of time and have family in Sonora. Love to explore Grass Valley/Placerville area one day.
Great come on over and maybe you could go on a run with our meet-up.
https://www.overlandbound.com/forums/threads/reoccurring-sierra-foothills-overlanders-olb-monthly-meet-up-10-16-2018.19558/

Kent R

Executive Director
Staff member
Mod Team

Pathfinder III

El Dorado, Ca
First Name
Kent
Last Name
Reynolds
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K6KNT
Service Branch
Retired Firefighter
View attachment 71186
2) Location: Castro Valley, CA
3) 1994 Toyota Land Cruiser, 3" OME heavy spring lift, 33" tires, ARB Deluxe Bull Bar, Warn 8000 winch, Con Ferr roof rack
4) Novice: have done a little backpacking, grew up in the mountains and have played a little with previous Toyotas off road. Pumped to learn and start exploring!
Welcome to Overland Bound!

Check the forum calendar and meet-up page for events and trips that might be happening close to you.

If you have any questions message me on the forum @Kent R

Kent R

Executive Director
Staff member
Mod Team

Pathfinder III

El Dorado, Ca
First Name
Kent
Last Name
Reynolds
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K6KNT
Service Branch
Retired Firefighter
Name is Jakeb. Live in Mesa, Arizona. Relativity new to Overlanding, but have camped, backpacked, and roughed it a lot while growing up in Scouts.

Been following the community for a couple years now, finally decided to join and pursue a little bit more of this awesome community.

2014 Ford F-150 4x4 with the 3.5l ecoboost, named Tonto. Recently traded a fuel efficient car for this monster Haha Will be doing a great many upgrades to the truck, which I sm sure will be neverending.

Looking forward to calling more often, but also doing more of my passion for astrophotography and landscape photography.

Check the forum calendar and meet-up page for events and trips that might be happening close to you.

Kent R

Executive Director
Staff member
Mod Team

Pathfinder III

El Dorado, Ca
First Name
Kent
Last Name
Reynolds
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K6KNT
Service Branch
Retired Firefighter
Hello Matthew here, glad to meet all of you.

Current Vehicle: 1988 Defender D110 5 Door Soft Top
Previous Vehicle: 1972 Chevy Blazer K5
Overland Experience: moderate (travel unmaintained roads of the Sierra Nevada regularly to find awesome swim spots). 18 years under my belt but looking to hit new spots and new challenges.
Why Overlanding?: to get to places not seen with roads! and its a fun excuse to actually use the rugged looking 4x4!

View attachment 71236
Welcome to Overland Bound! Sorry for the late reply but we have been at OLB Rally West and just got back.

There are two meet-up’s in your area if you are interested, both are on the meet-up page of the forum and the calendar.

Sierra Foothills Overlanders monthly meeting.
https://www.overlandbound.com/forums/threads/sierra-foothills-monthly-ob-meetup-11-21-2017.10663/

Sacramento weekly meet-up.
https://www.overlandbound.com/forums/threads/sacramento-weekly-meet-up.3332/

Kent R

Executive Director
Staff member
Mod Team

Pathfinder III

El Dorado, Ca
First Name
Kent
Last Name
Reynolds
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K6KNT
Service Branch
Retired Firefighter
Hello everyone,
My name is Alec and I am in Rocklin, CA. I just purchased a 2018 Power Wagon. I am looking forward to seeing Northern CA and just maybe getting stuck a few times.View attachment 71238

There are two meet-up’s in your area if you are interested, both are on the meet-up page of the forum and the calendar.

Sierra Foothills Overlanders monthly meeting.
https://www.overlandbound.com/forums/threads/sierra-foothills-monthly-ob-meetup-11-21-2017.10663/

Sacramento weekly meet-up.
https://www.overlandbound.com/forums/threads/sacramento-weekly-meet-up.3332/

Kent R

Executive Director
Staff member
Mod Team

Pathfinder III

El Dorado, Ca
First Name
Kent
Last Name
Reynolds
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K6KNT
Service Branch
Retired Firefighter
1)

2) San Francisco
3) Her name is Surely, as in she will Surely make it to the top! - 1998 Toyota Tacoma SR5 Extended Cab - All mods done with the help of my friend Erik Pakusch and on my own. 3" lift (Bilstein 5100's) with add-a-leaf in the rear. BFG 285/75/16's with a slightly modified wheel well to avoid rubbing. LEER camper shell with Thule roof rack and basket. Renogy 100w solar mounted to the rack with charge controller mounted in the camper. Blue Sea charger wired to the alternator and Optimus 12v acc battery in the back to power; lights, Dometic CC40 cooler/freezer, 15w stereo and 1000w inverter. Still lots more elec mods I plan to do.
4) Previously owned a 97 Taco single cab with a camper shell. Threw a foam mattress in the back build some very chintzy shelves and drove me and my girlfriend 15,000 miles around the US(back and forth between NY and SF 3 times in 1 summer...all the long ways) We stayed in a hotel 3 nights. 1 time on the trip we 4x4'd/camped along side the Grand Canyon. And THAT was my overlander experience before buying the 98 Taco 8 months ago. Now I cant go a single weekend without sleeping in the back of my rig. I love this overlanding thing!
Since Feburary 18 Ive Overlanded small parts of the Rubicon and other trails around the Tahoe area, MOAB's Hells Revenge and Hells Gate(nearly flipped Surely) and other trails in teh Arches, Bryce, zion area. Lots of other small trips around Northern California and most recently The Loast Coast, 4 nights/5 days about 85/90 miles of trails starting at Usal Beach. Going back to Usal for 3 nights Thanksgiving weekend. Going to stay there to fish and relax. Next trip is Mt Lassen(havent researched many trails in the area but I am always up for suggestion.) Thanks!!!

Kent R

Executive Director
Staff member
Mod Team

Pathfinder III

El Dorado, Ca
First Name
Kent
Last Name
Reynolds
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K6KNT
Service Branch
Retired Firefighter
Hey!
Prescott, AZ
Vehicle: 2006 Toyota Sienna with a 3 1/2 in lift (Yes that is a mini-van).
I have some experience working at Adventure Trailers in Prescott, AZ.
So excited!

FYI Prescott is a target area for a new meet-up so stay tuned.

Reactions: Zachary Denison