Contributor III

Camarillo, CA, USA
First Name
Shelly
Last Name
OBrien
Member #

Welcome to Overland Bound!

Check the forum calendar and meet-up page for events and trips that might be happening close to you.
If you have any questions message me on the forum @Kent R
We spend a large amount of time and have family in Sonora. Love to explore Grass Valley/Placerville area one day.

Megan Lopez

Rank I
Launch Member

Traveler I

Brandenburg, KY
Member #

Hello! My husband and I are pretty excited with our new Jeep and the adventures that we will come upon.

We have a 2018 Jeep JL, our first Jeep. All we can say is that we are already in love and have started on so many mods and many more to come.

We are located in the Fort Knox Area KY.
We have the bare minimum experience when it comes to overlanding. However, we have no worries about it and ready to dive right into it!! Any info and ideas would be much appreciated. IMG_0001.JPGIMG_0001.JPGIMG_0001.JPGIMG_0001.JPG

Andrew Vincent

Rank IV
Launch Member

Enthusiast II

Castro Valley, CA, USA
First Name
Andrew
Last Name
Vincent
Member #

IMG_2072.jpeg
2) Location: Castro Valley, CA
3) 1994 Toyota Land Cruiser, 3" OME heavy spring lift, 33" tires, ARB Deluxe Bull Bar, Warn 8000 winch, Con Ferr roof rack
4) Novice: have done a little backpacking, grew up in the mountains and have played a little with previous Toyotas off road. Pumped to learn and start exploring!

HappyOurOverlanding

Rank VI
Launch Member

Member III

Verdi Nevada
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KI7RAM
Hello! My husband and I are pretty excited with our new Jeep and the adventures that we will come upon.

We have a 2018 Jeep JL, our first Jeep. All we can say is that we are already in love and have started on so many mods and many more to come.

We are located in the Fort Knox Area KY.
We have the bare minimum experience when it comes to overlanding. However, we have no worries about it and ready to dive right into it!! Any info and ideas would be much appreciated. View attachment 71156View attachment 71157View attachment 71158View attachment 71158
WOW, WOW, and WOW! Oh.. and Welcome. That is a serious front bumper. :astonished::sunglasses:

Magic Mike

US Full-time/Long Term Travel Ambassador
Launch Member

Expedition Master I

Rapid City, South Dakota, United States
First Name
Michael
Last Name
Lee
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KM6YKV
Service Branch
Army & Marine Corps
View attachment 71186
3) 1994 Toyota Land Cruiser, 3" OME heavy spring lift, 33" tires, ARB Deluxe Bull Bar, Warn 8000 winch, Con Ferr roof rack
4) Novice: have done a little backpacking, grew up in the mountains and have played a little with previous Toyotas off road. Pumped to learn and start exploring!
Welcome, I’m up in the Sacramento Valley. Maybe we’ll run into each other sometime.

Overland Commander

Rank VI
Launch Member

Influencer III

Woodstock, Cherokee County, Georgia, United States
First Name
Randell
Last Name
Beck
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KD2QMS - The Commander
Service Branch
USN
View attachment 71186
Thats a really sweet rig. What are the wheels?

Ruben Ferran

Rank VI
Launch Member

Influencer I

Boca Raton, FL, USA
First Name
RUBEN
Last Name
FERRAN
Member #

Hello from Denver, CO. I'm Rod Kennard and have a 2016 4Runner trail edition. No mods yet other than upgraded the tires to 275 70 17 BF Goodrich KO2s which I'm very pleased with so far. About to pull the trigger on RCI sliders and will need to save up a bit to upgrade the factory skids after that. I'm a complete novice to overlanding but excited to learn more. View attachment 70600
Hey same here brother, novice here as well. I have the 2018 TRD Off road and just did the tires also. Maybe we’ll meet one day.

Sand_Ghost

Rank 0
Launch Member

Traveler I

Hi Everyone!

I'm Sean!

1) Picture: (hopefully the upload worked...)

2) Location: Gloucester County, VA is where I'm at normally, but York County, PA happens quite a bit as well
3) Rig: 2001 Jeep Cherokee(XJ), 6.5" lift, 35" Tires, Body armor all around (well, still working on that), and more stuff to come.
4) Overlanding Experience Background: Not quite a novice, but not quite experienced as well. Most of my overlanding consisted of HMMVEE sort of stuff. I have done some decent running with my various jeeps over the years as well.

CaptainBuilt

Rank V
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

Lafayette, LA, USA
First Name
James
Last Name
Theriot
Member #

New guy in the Western North Carolina area.

My name is James and I live in Asheville, NC. aka Beer City USA.

I drive a 2000 Ford E-350 7.3L diesel motohauler / overland van.

I bought the van as a passenger low roof van. Then added a high top roof, and wheelchair lift converted to lift a motorcycle. And at the moment, converting it to 4WD. I'm about 2 weeks out on that.

Once it's 4WD, I plan on finding overland adventures on the East Coast, and we plan on doing a National Park tour out West next year.

Tnawlin

Rank 0

Traveler I

Hey everyone.
New from Kannapolis, NC which is just a few miles North East of Charlotte. I'm a complete beginner to overlanding. Recently bought a 2015 Chevy Colorado Z71 crew cab long bed. Its 4wd but currently has stock all-terrain tires. I plan on leveling and getting new tires/wheels in the near future. I'm not new to camping and outdoors but offroading is new to me. Looking forward to getting out and taking the family offroad camping.

DefenderDude

Rank I

Contributor III

Hello Matthew here, glad to meet all of you.

Current Vehicle: 1988 Defender D110 5 Door Soft Top
Previous Vehicle: 1972 Chevy Blazer K5
Overland Experience: moderate (travel unmaintained roads of the Sierra Nevada regularly to find awesome swim spots). 18 years under my belt but looking to hit new spots and new challenges.
Why Overlanding?: to get to places not seen with roads! and its a fun excuse to actually use the rugged looking 4x4!

greenDEFENDER.jpg

Magic Mike

Launch Member

Expedition Master I

First Name
Michael
Last Name
Lee
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KM6YKV
Service Branch
Army & Marine Corps
Hello Matthew here, glad to meet all of you.

Current Vehicle: 1988 Defender D110 5 Door Soft Top
Previous Vehicle: 1972 Chevy Blazer K5
Overland Experience: moderate (travel unmaintained roads of the Sierra Nevada regularly to find awesome swim spots). 18 years under my belt but looking to hit new spots and new challenges.
Why Overlanding?: to get to places not seen with roads! and its a fun excuse to actually use the rugged looking 4x4!

View attachment 71236
Welcome aboard, glad to see another Norcal guy!

Magic Mike

Launch Member

Expedition Master I

First Name
Michael
Last Name
Lee
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KM6YKV
Service Branch
Army & Marine Corps
Hello everyone,
My name is Alec and I am in Rocklin, CA. I just purchased a 2018 Power Wagon. I am looking forward to seeing Northern CA and just maybe getting stuck a few times.View attachment 71238
Welcome aboard, another NORCAL guy!! I’m right next door to you in Auburn!

wearethestones

Rank III
Launch Member

Influencer II

San Francisco
Member #

1)

2) San Francisco
3) Her name is Surely, as in she will Surely make it to the top! - 1998 Toyota Tacoma SR5 Extended Cab - All mods done with the help of my friend Erik Pakusch and on my own. 3" lift (Bilstein 5100's) with add-a-leaf in the rear. BFG 285/75/16's with a slightly modified wheel well to avoid rubbing. LEER camper shell with Thule roof rack and basket. Renogy 100w solar mounted to the rack with charge controller mounted in the camper. Blue Sea charger wired to the alternator and Optimus 12v acc battery in the back to power; lights, Dometic CC40 cooler/freezer, 15w stereo and 1000w inverter. Still lots more elec mods I plan to do.
4) Previously owned a 97 Taco single cab with a camper shell. Threw a foam mattress in the back build some very chintzy shelves and drove me and my girlfriend 15,000 miles around the US(back and forth between NY and SF 3 times in 1 summer...all the long ways) We stayed in a hotel 3 nights. 1 time on the trip we 4x4'd/camped along side the Grand Canyon. And THAT was my overlander experience before buying the 98 Taco 8 months ago. Now I cant go a single weekend without sleeping in the back of my rig. I love this overlanding thing!
Since Feburary 18 Ive Overlanded small parts of the Rubicon and other trails around the Tahoe area, MOAB's Hells Revenge and Hells Gate(nearly flipped Surely) and other trails in teh Arches, Bryce, zion area. Lots of other small trips around Northern California and most recently The Loast Coast, 4 nights/5 days about 85/90 miles of trails starting at Usal Beach. Going back to Usal for 3 nights Thanksgiving weekend. Going to stay there to fish and relax. Next trip is Mt Lassen(havent researched many trails in the area but I am always up for suggestion.) Thanks!!!

Attachments