Kinnell
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KD0UWI
Service Branch
Army
Current Vehicle: 2018 Chevy Silverado Custom
Overland Experience: Novice
Why Overlanding?: Im a photographer who wants to capture some scenery and what better that then overlanding!
Picture of truck[emoji4] FB_IMG_1538595520390-01.jpeg

Kent R

Executive Director
Staff member
Mod Team

Pathfinder III

El Dorado, Ca
First Name
Kent
Last Name
Reynolds
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K6KNT
Service Branch
Retired Firefighter
Location: San Diego - the weather's always horrible here, stay away!

2018 Toyota 4Runner. Haven't put too many modifications into it, yet.
Previously had a 2002 Chevy Trailblazer with a few tweaks. Mostly, though I have found it is 60% driver 40% vehicle. I'm experienced in the outdoors and mostly use my vehicle as a means to get to the start of the journey; though sometimes getting there is part of it as well.
Welcome to Overland Bound!

There is a meet up in the San Diego area that you might want to check out.

https://www.overlandbound.com/forums/threads/reoccurring-san-diego-overland-bound-monthly-meet-03-22-2018.13317/

This is San Diego Overland Bound Trail Run page.

https://www.overlandbound.com/forums/threads/san-diego-overland-bound-trail-runs.17178/

If you have any questions message me on the forum @Kent R

Back Road Geezer

Rank II
Launch Member

Enthusiast I

Hi. Although the term "Overlanding" is new to me, I've been fortunate over the years to spend a lot of time on remote journeys. A career in adventure film making afforded me the opportunity to experience some amazingly challenging overland routes. Studying the skills (and lack of skills) of our many local drivers was, if nothing else, was a graduate course in ingenuity and grit. I continued on this early road trip path in my personal and family travels as well. Today, as an avid fly fisherman, I continue my search for roads less traveled.
"I wonder where that road goes?", has long been my mantra.
My current vehicle is a 2016 Toyota Sequoia 4x4 with upgraded suspension and a 2" lift

Magic Mike

US Full-time/Long Term Travel Ambassador
Launch Member

Expedition Master I

Rapid City, South Dakota, United States
First Name
Michael
Last Name
Lee
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KM6YKV
Service Branch
Army & Marine Corps
Current Vehicle: 2018 Chevy Silverado Custom
Overland Experience: Novice
Why Overlanding?: Im a photographer who wants to capture some scenery and what better that then overlanding!
Welcome

Reactions: Kirk Kinnell

Kent R

Executive Director
Staff member
Mod Team

Pathfinder III

El Dorado, Ca
First Name
Kent
Last Name
Reynolds
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K6KNT
Service Branch
Retired Firefighter
Hi. Although the term "Overlanding" is new to me, I've been fortunate over the years to spend a lot of time on remote journeys. A career in adventure film making afforded me the opportunity to experience some amazingly challenging overland routes. Studying the skills (and lack of skills) of our many local drivers was, if nothing else, was a graduate course in ingenuity and grit. I continued on this early road trip path in my personal and family travels as well. Today, as an avid fly fisherman, I continue my search for roads less traveled.
"I wonder where that road goes?", has long been my mantra.
My current vehicle is a 2016 Toyota Sequoia 4x4 with upgraded suspension and a 2" lift

Check the forum calendar and meet-up page for events and trips that might be happening close to you.

Reactions: Kirk Kinnell

AZBubs

Rank V
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

San Tan Valley, AZ
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KJ7BHP
Hey guys,

My name is Christian, moved to Phoenix from Texas about a year ago and I’ve been wanting to get into overlanding for a while. This week I finally found a rig so here we go.

View attachment 71013

2001 sequoia, toyotec 3inch lift. Roof rack, hankook tires. Super pumped to take it out. Going to a shop today for a thorough once over so wish me luck.

If anyone sees this from AZ I’d love some tips on where to find trails.
If you are more of a soloist here ya go. https://funtreks.com/product/guide-arizona-backroads-4-wheel-drive-trails-2nd-edition/

If you want to do group travels look into the local groups. https://offroadpassport.com

Also there is a planned meet up of OB members in Tucson for a rigs and coffee meet. it’s Saturday Oct 20th. Arizona Overlanders
https://www.overlandbound.com/forums/index.php?threads/Arizona-Overlanders.1879/

Ranzer

Rank I
Launch Member

Contributor I

Phoenix, AZ
Member #

If you are more of a soloist here ya go.
If you want to do group travels look into the local groups.

Also there is a planned meet up of OB members in Tucson for a rigs and coffee meet. it’s Saturday Oct 20th. Arizona Overlanders
Thank you!! I'll check out the links and see if I can get down to Tucson. Thanks again.

Reactions: AZBubs

VSL

Rank I
Launch Member

Traveler I

Ontario, Canada
Member #

Hey!Im very pleased that few days ago i joined OB community and will post my first steps in exploring/overlanding. with help and helping others as well.
few details
Rig: 2010 Lexus Gx460 (suspension / wheels / OB badgement) is on way so soon car will be more capable
Experience: poor but trainingIMG_0155.JPGIMG_0130.JPG

Last edited:

SiDbaru

Rank III
Launch Member

Traveler I

California
Member #

Hey!Im very pleased that few days ago i joined OB community and will post my first steps in exploring/overlanding. with help and helping others as well.
few details
Rig: 2010 Lexus Gx460 (suspension / wheels / OB badgement) is on way so soon car will be more capable
Experience: poor but trainingView attachment 71084View attachment 71086
welcome! i love seeing luxury cars getting dirty. have fun and Overland on.

Kent R

Executive Director
Staff member
Mod Team

Pathfinder III

El Dorado, Ca
First Name
Kent
Last Name
Reynolds
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K6KNT
Service Branch
Retired Firefighter
View attachment 71070 Scott and Shelly
Ventura County, CA
Some Overlanding Experience
We have 2 2015 Jeep JKUR’s

Check the forum calendar and meet-up page for events and trips that might be happening close to you.

Reactions: Peponi