meach4x4

Rank II
Launch Member

Enthusiast I

St. George, Utah
Member #

Howdy!
I'm located in St. George Utah
My current vehicles are a 2005 Jeep LJ Rubicon (built for rock crawling and offroad trails) and a 2006 Jeep Liberty CRD (Setup for backcountry adventures and minimalist overlanding*.)
My "Overlanding" experience started when my father bought a new 1959 CJ6 Jeep, and we used it for fishing expeditions in the mountains of Utah, Wyoming, and Idaho. Since then, it has been an evolution of many 4x4 Vehicles. My longest offroad excursions were from Cave Lake, CA to Walla Walla, Washington (the Oregon Back Country Route) in a 2000 Jeep Cherokee and last year we did a 1,200 mile trip wandering around the area of the 3 corners of Utah, Idaho, and Wyoming in a 1999 Suzuki Grand Vitara.
* While I enjoy a properly equipped vehicle, I also appreciate being able to overland without carrying excess weight. My Liberty has enough room for all the camping gear I need to be very comfortable, and still maintains over 22 mpg on backcountry roads. Therefore, I have a comfortable cruising range of over 380 miles with the stock tank.
I'm looking forward to coming to some meetups, including the one here in my area planned for January at the Winter 4x4 Jamboree. See you all there! :) West Rim.jpg Liberty New.jpg 20170919_091850.jpg cherokeesm.JPG

Cpol

Rank IX
Launch Member

World Traveler III

Jackson Heights, Queens, NY, USA
First Name
Chris
Last Name
Pol
Member #

Hello everyone! My name is Matt and I am originally from the northeast but currently living in Georgia. I've previously owned a couple of rigs built towards overlanding but currently I am in the process of my first real overland build. I have previously been a huge hiking/camping enthusiast but with my current location, day hikes and short trips are a little harder. The nearest hiking/camping areas are a 3+ hour drive so making my trips last a few days is a definite must for me now!

I'm currently in the process of building a 2000 Jeep Cherokee. Eventually I would like to upgrade to a fridge/freezer combo and an RTT but for now I've built a sleeping platform for the interior and food is kept in a cooler!
Welcome

Overland Commander

Rank VI
Launch Member

Influencer III

Woodstock, Cherokee County, Georgia, United States
First Name
Randell
Last Name
Beck
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KD2QMS - The Commander
Service Branch
USN
hi everyone!

Took the plunge and joined.... I'm located in Westbury, Long Island.

I'm a long-time outdoorsman, climber, and 4x4 guy with a serious bent towards skeet shooting. I have an old 87 Wrngler I restored, and a 2018 Sequoia which will become the Overlanding rig. After 16 Jeeps, I have left that community and I'm doing it another way now.

Love the group and the forums!

Stop by anytime, or call me on 2M on 146.460 - I'm KD2QMS.

Kent R

Executive Director
Staff member
Mod Team

Pathfinder III

El Dorado, Ca
First Name
Kent
Last Name
Reynolds
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K6KNT
Service Branch
Retired Firefighter
Rig: 2017, Jeep Wrangler JKU, Sahara. 3" lift and more durable K02 tires then come stock with the Sahara
Overlanding Experience Background: Beginner. Lots of off-roading mostly on motorcycle around Texas but now that I'm retired as of last year and in SoCal Ive sold all bikes and Ive used the Jeep for the last year to explore there area. Been visiting lots of trails around SoCal, camped a night here and there but no long overlanding trips. Sleeping in the back of the Jeep Ive found works well for me and I fit with the 6'4" of room with rear seats down. Now that Im retired I have all the time in the world, so hoping to perhaps hook up with a small group for some adventures.

View attachment 70918
Welcome to Overland B0und!

There is a meet-up in Orange County that you might be interested in. Check out the meet-up page on the forum or on the OLB West FB page for details.

https://www.overlandbound.com/forums/threads/reoccurring-orange-county-overland-bound-monthly-meet-up-06-02-2018.13515/

If you have any questions message me on the forum @Kent R

Drifterman

Rank V
Launch Member

Traveler I

East Patchogue, NY, USA
First Name
Fluffy
Last Name
Drifter
Member #

hi everyone!

Took the plunge and joined.... I'm located in Westbury, Long Island.

I'm a long-time outdoorsman, climber, and 4x4 guy with a serious bent towards skeet shooting. I have an old 87 Wrngler I restored, and a 2018 Sequoia which will become the Overlanding rig. After 16 Jeeps, I have left that community and I'm doing it another way now.

Love the group and the forums!

Stop by anytime, or call me on 2M on 146.460 - I'm KD2QMS.
Welcome fellow islander

Sha Cohen

Rank 0

Traveler I

I've just joined and have years of experience and have had several overland equipt vehicles.
Currently I have a 2016 Jeep Grand Cherokee Diesel Limited 75th edition with a Dobinson 2" lift and KO2 tires. I love the engine, but it does not make for a great overland vehicle because no-one makes front upper A arms for a lifted WK2 so the ride is not that great and I am burning through front tires.

But my project vehicle is a 2015 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon that I bought at a salvage auction. The damage was mostly undercarriage and was all set to turn a nice profit when I had to have the tranny rebuilt (ouch). This is my third JK. I owned a 2007 and then a 2012.

My dream vehicle is a Land Cruiser 200 series. So right now, since I doubt I will be able to sell the salvage JK for profit, I might just keep it and sell the diesel Grand Cherokee.

That's it for now, back to work.

Ranzer

Rank I
Launch Member

Contributor I

Phoenix, AZ
Member #

Hey guys,

My name is Christian, moved to Phoenix from Texas about a year ago and I’ve been wanting to get into overlanding for a while. This week I finally found a rig so here we go.

IMG_0554.JPG

2001 sequoia, toyotec 3inch lift. Roof rack, hankook tires. Super pumped to take it out. Going to a shop today for a thorough once over so wish me luck.

If anyone sees this from AZ I’d love some tips on where to find trails.

Kent R

Executive Director
Staff member
Mod Team

Pathfinder III

El Dorado, Ca
First Name
Kent
Last Name
Reynolds
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K6KNT
Service Branch
Retired Firefighter
Hey guys,

My name is Christian, moved to Phoenix from Texas about a year ago and I’ve been wanting to get into overlanding for a while. This week I finally found a rig so here we go.

View attachment 71013

2001 sequoia, toyotec 3inch lift. Roof rack, hankook tires. Super pumped to take it out. Going to a shop today for a thorough once over so wish me luck.

If anyone sees this from AZ I’d love some tips on where to find trails.
Welcome to Overland Bound!

Check the forum calendar and meet-up page for events and trips that might be happening close to you.
Now that its cooling down there will be more meet-ups so stay tuned.
If you have any questions message me on the forum @Kent R

Reactions: Ranzer

Contributor I

Location: San Diego - the weather's always horrible here, stay away!

2018 Toyota 4Runner. Haven't put too many modifications into it, yet.
Previously had a 2002 Chevy Trailblazer with a few tweaks. Mostly, though I have found it is 60% driver 40% vehicle. I'm experienced in the outdoors and mostly use my vehicle as a means to get to the start of the journey; though sometimes getting there is part of it as well.