Launch Member

Traveler I

Louisville, KY, USA
First Name
Chris
Last Name
Mattingly
Member #

7A490571-7ED5-4CD0-B30A-4899273223E7.jpeg Hey everyone! My name is Chris and I’m 19 from the outskirts of Louisville, Ky. I’ve always been an outdoor person my whole life and have always been into anything with wheels and a motor. I’ve been riding dirt bikes since i was about 7 or 8 and have just recently gotten into jumping freestyle ramps. I go camping with my family every other weekend over the summer and occasionally go with my brother off roading in his Jeep. My first vehicle was a 99 s10 blazer that had a little lift and never really went off-road. I just recently bought a bone stock 2000 Jeep Cherokee XJ that i will be doing some modifications to. I already have a 4.5” lift kit, front winch bumper, heavy duty rear bumper, roof rack, and a set of 33s in the garage. Time is a valuable thing and not something i have much of right now lol so it’s all been just sitting around for about a month but i plan on getting on it in the next few weeks which I’ll try to make a thread on for anyone who wants to follow along! Overlanding just seems like the perfect combination of camping and off-roading so i knew i had to get in on it! I’m really looking forward to meeting some new people and learning everything i can from the huge amount of knowledge this group has!

Kent R

Executive Director
Staff member
Mod Team

Pathfinder III

El Dorado, Ca
First Name
Kent
Last Name
Reynolds
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K6KNT
Service Branch
Retired Firefighter
Hello Everyone!
I'm excited to be a part of this. My name is Marcin Kluza.
- Aberdeen, WA (AKA North West)
- Krowa is 1995 Toyota Land Cruiser
- I have been adventuring in the dirt for about 5 years
Welcome to Overland Bound!

There are several meet-ups in your area, so if your interested check out the meet-up page of the forum.
If you have any questions message me on the forum @Kent R

Reactions: Marcin Kluza

Kent R

Executive Director
Staff member
Mod Team

Pathfinder III

El Dorado, Ca
First Name
Kent
Last Name
Reynolds
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K6KNT
Service Branch
Retired Firefighter
1984 Dodge RamCharger
Los Angeles, CA
Have some outdoor/camping experience, but haven’t been able to get out as much as I’d like. Looking forward to hopefully change that and meet new faces
View attachment 70599

There are several meet-ups in your area, so if your interested check out the meet-up page of the forum.

Reactions: Rakoon

Aeroscout

Rank VI
Launch Member

Trail Mechanic II

Denver, CO
First Name
Rod
Last Name
Kennard
Member #

Hello from Denver, CO. I'm Rod Kennard and have a 2016 4Runner trail edition. No mods yet other than upgraded the tires to 275 70 17 BF Goodrich KO2s which I'm very pleased with so far. About to pull the trigger on RCI sliders and will need to save up a bit to upgrade the factory skids after that. I'm a complete novice to overlanding but excited to learn more. IMG_1224.jpg

Last edited:

BrianBraski

Rank I
Launch Member

Contributor II

Hey everybody, my name is Brian, 35. I am currently in the Austin Tx area for now I move a bit for work. I have been needing to find a group to get in with to actually make it out to some meets and learn as much as I can. My truck is a 2017 F-150 fx4 and I am decently on my way for getting it set up. I camp a decent amount but actually “overlanding”. I don’t have much experience. I look forward to getting started.

Attachments

Jedi

Rank VI
Staff member
Launch Member

Off-Road Ranger I

Arlington, WA, USA
First Name
Brie
Last Name
McClory
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K6JDI
Hello Everyone!
I'm excited to be a part of this. My name is Marcin Kluza.
- Aberdeen, WA (AKA North West)
- Krowa is 1995 Toyota Land Cruiser
- I have been adventuring in the dirt for about 5 years
Always great to have another PNW Outlander join the forums. Welcome!

Reactions: Marcin Kluza

727Overland

Rank I
Launch Member

Traveler I

Florida, USA
Member #

Hello everyone. New member located in the Tampa Florida area. Driving a 2007 Jeep JKU Rubicon. My wife and I are slowly building it together into our perfect overland set up. I grew up in Utah and have Overlanded all over Utah, Nevada and Arizona in an old CJ5. Looking forward to getting out and exploring Florida and the Eastern states and having a little more room in the vehicle to do so haha. Cheers!IMG_20180422_202407730_LL.jpg

Kent R

Executive Director
Staff member
Mod Team

Pathfinder III

El Dorado, Ca
First Name
Kent
Last Name
Reynolds
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K6KNT
Service Branch
Retired Firefighter
Austin/Pflugerville, TX USA
2018 Chevrolet Colorado ZR2
Novice

View attachment 70698

Check the forum calendar and meet-up page for events and trips that might be happening close to you.

Reactions: Magic Mike

MtnManAlex

Rank IV

Pathfinder I

Hello everyone. New member located in the Tampa Florida area. Driving a 2007 Jeep JKU Rubicon. My wife and I are slowly building it together into our perfect overland set up. I grew up in Utah and have Overlanded all over Utah, Nevada and Arizona in an old CJ5. Looking forward to getting out and exploring Florida and the Eastern states and having a little more room in the vehicle to do so haha. Cheers!View attachment 70697
Nice Jeep! I’ve been wondering how the tan top looks with rescue green

GavinMc

Rank 0

Traveler I

Hi there,

Just joined so I hope I am putting this in the right place... Overlander based in Cape Town, South Africa. Have done a few solo trips to remote places on the continent and recently returned form a circuit around New Zealand and the east coast of Australia (in a Rav4 so more tour than overland) and am prepping for an extended trip across Africa next year. Then, the Alaska Highway and beyond. I will be asking many questions, no doubt.

Vehicle 1 - Land Rover Defender Td5
Vehicle 2 - Land Rover Defender Puma 2.2 TDCi

DSC_6492 2.jpg

Attachments

HappyOurOverlanding

Rank VI
Launch Member

Member III

Verdi Nevada
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KI7RAM
Hello from Denver, CO. I'm Rod Kennard and have a 2016 4Runner trail edition. No mods yet other than upgraded the tires to 275 70 17 BF Goodrich KO2s which I'm very pleased with so far. About to pull the trigger on RCI sliders and will need to save up a bit to upgrade the factory skids after that. I'm a complete novice to overlanding but excited to learn more. View attachment 70600
Welcome. Nice rig. Make sure you register in the 4Runner's registry thread.