Last Name
Reynolds
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K6KNT
Service Branch
Retired Firefighter
Hey everyone!
I'm Jeff from Southern California (Claremont)
We just picked up a 2018 Land Cruiser
We're new to Overlanding
(we consists of my Girlfriend, Joy and my two (10&12 y/o) kids.
I'm a long time Adventure Rider and am an instructor for RawHyde Adventures.
Lots of offroad experience but pretty new to this style.

Looking forward to getting out on some group trips and making some new friends!

LET THE MODDING BEGIN!

Cheers!

Welcome to Overland Bound!

There are several meet-ups in your area, so if your interested check out the meet-up page of the forum.
If you have any questions message me on the forum @Kent R

Kent R

Executive Director
Staff member
Mod Team

Pathfinder III

El Dorado, Ca
First Name
Kent
Last Name
Reynolds
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K6KNT
Service Branch
Retired Firefighter
San Diego, CA

2016 Toyota 4Runner

Still new to the whole overlanding thing. View attachment 69599

There is a meet up in the San Diego area that you might want to check out.

https://www.overlandbound.com/forums/threads/reoccurring-san-diego-overland-bound-monthly-meet-03-22-2018.13317/

This is San Diego Overland Bound Trail Run page.

https://www.overlandbound.com/forums/threads/san-diego-overland-bound-trail-runs.17178/

Reactions: DYRTPRO

Kent R

Executive Director
Staff member
Mod Team

Pathfinder III

El Dorado, Ca
First Name
Kent
Last Name
Reynolds
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K6KNT
Service Branch
Retired Firefighter
Hello all,

For now, we drive a 2014 Tacoma with a Turtleback trailer. We enjoy about 50 nights a year of camping. We get away with this because my wife is a teacher and my Boss believes that we work only so we can go play.

My wife grew up camping because that's what you do when your Dad is an underpaid teacher. I grew up camping threw a cub called Pathfinders. And we both grew up traveling of course. But what is new for us in some ways is mixing the to together. Just like that old commercial would say, "you got your chocolate in my peanut butter". Who knew they would be so great together.

When my wife and I went with the herd of Turtles to Death Valley spring of 2018 I didn't know (and why should I) that Lifestyle Overland was a founding member of Overland bound. Thank you for the awesome Death Valley photo that we are now using for my avatar. Small world.

See you all around,

Check the forum calendar and meet-up page for events and trips that might be happening close to you.

Reactions: J&J Offroad

Kent R

Executive Director
Staff member
Mod Team

Pathfinder III

El Dorado, Ca
First Name
Kent
Last Name
Reynolds
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K6KNT
Service Branch
Retired Firefighter
Hello! Just a quick note to introduce myself. I attended the OB NW Regional meet up today in Tualatin, Oregon. I had the pleasure of meeting West Region Ambassador Kent Reynolds, his wife, and a lot of other really cool people. Looking forward to the adventures to come!

Rig: 2007 Toyota FJ Cruiser
Overlanding Experience: Novice
U.S. Navy, retired (27yrs, Surface Warfare Officer).
Welcome to Overland Bound! And it was nice to meet you also. Keep an eye out for further meet-ups in your area like we talked about yesterday.

Reactions: SailorGeorge88

Kent R

Executive Director
Staff member
Mod Team

Pathfinder III

El Dorado, Ca
First Name
Kent
Last Name
Reynolds
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K6KNT
Service Branch
Retired Firefighter
New guy here, I also attended the OB NW Regional meet up today in Tualatin, Oregon. It was super fun to see the "show and tell" with different people's rigs and I hope there will be some organized trail runs as well.

Rig: 2016 Toyota Tundra TRD Offroad + popup truck camper (see avatar photo)
Overlanding Experience: Novice, but longtime backpacker and also ham radio enthusiast
Welcome to Overland Bound! Great to meet you yesterday and for some reason we didn't talk about your ham experience. Hopefully you can help the Portland area that are not hams to get excited about ham and wheat it can do for them.

Jedi

Rank VI
Staff member
Launch Member

Off-Road Ranger I

Arlington, WA, USA
First Name
Brie
Last Name
McClory
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K6JDI
Hello! Just a quick note to introduce myself. I attended the OB NW Regional meet up today in Tualatin, Oregon. I had the pleasure of meeting West Region Ambassador Kent Reynolds, his wife, and a lot of other really cool people. Looking forward to the adventures to come!

It was great to have you come out to the event! Welcome to the fold.

Reactions: SailorGeorge88

Jedi

Rank VI
Staff member
Launch Member

Off-Road Ranger I

Arlington, WA, USA
First Name
Brie
Last Name
McClory
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K6JDI
New guy here, I also attended the OB NW Regional meet up today in Tualatin, Oregon. It was super fun to see the "show and tell" with different people's rigs and I hope there will be some organized trail runs as well.

Rig: 2016 Toyota Tundra TRD Offroad + popup truck camper (see avatar photo)
Overlanding Experience: Novice, but longtime backpacker and also ham radio enthusiast
Welcome PB&Me!

Loved seeing your Tundra and looking forward to seeing it in action!

Hugo Aquino Jr

Rank IV
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

Vancouver, WA.
Member #

Was nice meeting you yesterday george, hope you get that new FJ soon.

PB&Me

Rank V
Launch Member

Traveler I

Portland, Oregon
First Name
Matt
Last Name
Merges
Member #

Welcome to Overland Bound! Great to meet you yesterday and for some reason we didn't talk about your ham experience. Hopefully you can help the Portland area that are not hams to get excited about ham and wheat it can do for them.
I’m happy to help — anyone with an interest in ham, feel free to PM me.

ACE115

Rank I
Launch Member

Traveler I

Tucson, AZ
Member #

Hey there everyone. Another new guy here from Tucson, Az.
I have two vehicles I use to get us out into nature, a ‘09 F250 and a ‘03 Tacoma. Both 4x4 and capable but the Tacoma fits better on most of the trails around here and has been much cheaper to upgrade. I’ve been enjoying the outdoors by vehicle for about 20yrs now. With the purchase of my 1st RTT and vehicle specific camping gear I was introduced to “Overlanding” in 2017. Happy to finally be a part of this large group.
The us mentioned earlier are my two sons and myself. Occasionally I get to bring an “old” friend, my 14yr old yellow Lab. He’s not enjoying it like he used to though.

Magic Mike

US Full-time/Long Term Travel Ambassador
Launch Member

Expedition Master I

Rapid City, South Dakota, United States
First Name
Michael
Last Name
Lee
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KM6YKV
Service Branch
Army & Marine Corps
I have two vehicles I use to get us out into nature, a ‘09 F250 and a ‘03 Tacoma. Both 4x4 and capable but the Tacoma fits better on most of the trails around here and has been much cheaper to upgrade. I’ve been enjoying the outdoors by vehicle for about 20yrs now. With the purchase of my 1st RTT and vehicle specific camping gear I was introduced to “Overlanding” in 2017. Happy to finally be a part of this large group.
The us mentioned earlier are my two sons and myself. Occasionally I get to bring an “old” friend, my 14yr old yellow Lab. He’s not enjoying it like he used to though.
Welcome

TJDon

Rank IV
Launch Member

Off-Road Ranger I

Galt CA
First Name
Don
Last Name
A
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KI6TUI
Hello all. My name is Don and I live in northern CA, just south of Sacramento area in cattle country.

I have had a lot of off-road rock crawlers, but my current is the first “overland, light off-roading vehicle I’ve built. It’s been fun and challenging so far.

My goal was to build it very well on a very tight budget and not be a POS and so far I think I’ve succeeded lol

I have been a journeyman dealership technician for nearly 25 years so I am not to scared of “polishing a turd” so to speak.

I found a 2002 Jeep TJ sport that needed some love. Had 194k miles on it. For its age and mileage it’s pretty clean. Have had to do a few mechanical things. But the fun has been outfitting the Jeep for back country exploring. The HUGE challenge has been storage. I’ll be building a custom drawer setup along with my ARB fridge with the help of a wood working friend.

Look forward to reading your guys knowledge and ideas on this forum

IMG_0680.JPGIMG_0674.JPG

Magic Mike

US Full-time/Long Term Travel Ambassador
Launch Member

Expedition Master I

Rapid City, South Dakota, United States
First Name
Michael
Last Name
Lee
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KM6YKV
Service Branch
Army & Marine Corps
Hello all. My name is Don and I live in northern CA, just south of Sacramento area in cattle country.

I have had a lot of off-road rock crawlers, but my current is the first “overland, light off-roading vehicle I’ve built. It’s been fun and challenging so far.

My goal was to build it very well on a very tight budget and not be a POS and so far I think I’ve succeeded lol

I have been a journeyman dealership technician for nearly 25 years so I am not to scared of “polishing a turd” so to speak.

I found a 2002 Jeep TJ sport that needed some love. Had 194k miles on it. For its age and mileage it’s pretty clean. Have had to do a few mechanical things. But the fun has been outfitting the Jeep for back country exploring. The HUGE challenge has been storage. I’ll be building a custom drawer setup along with my ARB fridge with the help of a wood working friend.

View attachment 69857View attachment 69858
Welcome a board, I live in the Sac area as well. We should get together sometime.

Mike

Reactions: TJDon

Thomas C Hardin

Rank III

Enthusiast II

Panama
Member #

Hi All. My Name is Tom and I live in Panama on the Pacific, just below the CR border.

My Jeep is in CT stored at my Mom's place and we return for 3 months a year for the summers in Maine. Next spring we will be doing a cross country trip for 3 months with our 9 yo son. We will be driving the Jeep and towing an adventure trailer with RTT. Planning to hit many National parks but spending 2 weeks in MOAB and a week in Tahoe to do the Rubicon Trail. Attaching pics of Jeep, new trailer and our planned route for the trip next spring. PM me with any thoughts, critiques, and potential plans to hook up along the way. Especially interested in resources around MOAB and Rubicon to get into some groups for trail sessions.

Tom

AceofAxe

Rank I
Launch Member

Traveler I

My name is Scott and I live in Lakenheath, UK

My experience is down to owning a Jeep CJ7 for a couple years in Germany and then having a Chevy Z71 on 35s while living in Utah.

I am currently Searching for a used Jeep JKU to outfit for Overlanding. Even got pre-approved by the missus. Lol hope to be hitting the trails soon! Have watched the channel for a couple years and continue to learn from it. Now I’ve joined the forum and have became a member of Overland Bound I hope to learn even more! Big goal is to eventually be able to help newcomers! Thanks everyone, see you on the trails!

Kent R

Executive Director
Staff member
Mod Team

Pathfinder III

El Dorado, Ca
First Name
Kent
Last Name
Reynolds
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K6KNT
Service Branch
Retired Firefighter

Check the forum calendar and meet-up page for events and trips that might be happening close to you.
I am fairly sure there is going to be a meet-up in your area soon an it will be on the meet-up page and SW FB page.

Reactions: Magic Mike

Kent R

Executive Director
Staff member
Mod Team

Pathfinder III

El Dorado, Ca
First Name
Kent
Last Name
Reynolds
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K6KNT
Service Branch
Retired Firefighter

View attachment 69857View attachment 69858

Reactions: TJDon