Last Name
Lee
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KM6YKV
Service Branch
Army & Marine Corps
New Members,

Welcome to the Overland Bound community! Please take a few moments to introduce yourself so we can get to know you!

A few things you might want to include in your introduction are:

1) Picture! If you have a rig, we want to see it!
2) Location (General area is fine)
3) Rig (Year, Make, Model, etc.)
4) Overlanding Experience Background (Novice or Experienced, you're welcome here!)

We're glad you've found us and look forward to sharing our adventures with you!

In addition to getting to know you, here are the guideline sent to all Moderators of the forums. It's a natural reflection of our community, and what Overland Bound is all about:

From @administrator
  • Overlanding is: "Vehicle Dependent Travel". Nothing else.
  • We will not further define "overlanding".
  • "Capable" depends on the requirements of the trip, and we take that very seriously.
  • You are an Overlander: Overlanding is for everyone who has exploration and adventure in their heart, or, who need to be reinvigorated by connecting with nature. Nature is unforgiving. You must rise to a certain level of personal awareness to survive. Sound right? Overlanding is for you.
  • Encourage uncomplicated ventures into the great outdoors. Don't over pack.
  • Be prepared, and understand basic requirements. Question folks, to be sure they are aware of what is required. Don't assume.
  • Share without reservation, trip locations, and information.
  • It doesn't matter what you drive: The only requirement of an Overlander is that the vehicle serves the job required, safely.
  • We do not care about make or model.
  • We do not engage in "this is better than that" competitions.
  • We DO give advice about how to make your vehicle ready for what you need. Share knowledge.
  • Humility.
  • We respect, fear, and protect nature.
  • "I don't know" is a great answer.
  • We don’t brag about exploits.
  • We seek answers from the community when we don’t know.
  • We engage in the very smallest of interactions.
Good evening everyone, I am a new member, as of today! My name is Mike and I currently live in Auburn, California. I am brand new to the Overlanding world and am eager to learn as much as I can. I am retired from Law enforcement, after 22 years and have a 2015 Toyota 4Runner SR5. I installed a 3" suspension lift and UCA's (myself) and I am looking forward to my babies transformation. My wife and I truly love the outdoors and go camping as much as we can with our busy schedule. I look forward to our Overlanding future..

Attachments

KDC

Rank V
Launch Member

Influencer II

Lawton, OK
Member #

Good evening everyone, I am a new member, as of today! My name is Mike and I currently live in Auburn, California. I am brand new to the Overlanding world and am eager to learn as much as I can. I am retired from Law enforcement, after 22 years and have a 2015 Toyota 4Runner SR5. I installed a 3" suspension lift and UCA's (myself) and I am looking forward to my babies transformation. My wife and I truly love the outdoors and go camping as much as we can with our busy schedule. I look forward to our Overlanding future..
Welcome mike glad to see you are excited. Nice rig. Look forward to seeing more photos as it transforms

ILLFOZZ

Rank V
Launch Member

Advocate III

San Diego
Member #

Welcome! I've only been a member for a few days and I can say that this is one of the best and well-moderated forums for a car community that I've seen. I just started modifying mine too and am excited to see your progress pics!

Reactions: Caffienated and KDC

HappyOurOverlanding

Rank VI
Launch Member

Member III

Verdi Nevada
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KI7RAM
Welcome. Nice rig...I'm bias of course. Make sure you register in the 4Runner registry thread. Look forward to your build thread.

Reactions: Caffienated

Nathan81

Rank I
Launch Member

Traveler I

New Braunfels, TX, USA
First Name
Nathan
Last Name
Bonnet
Member #

I'm a new member.
San Antonio Texas area and drive a 2017 Jeep Renegade(dual batery, power inverter, small lift, roof rack, & more to come) that I am building up. I have build up different rigs and have general trail experience, however, until recently have not started taking overland type trips.

KDC

Rank V
Launch Member

Influencer II

Lawton, OK
Member #

I'm a new member.
San Antonio Texas area and drive a 2017 Jeep Renegade(dual batery, power inverter, small lift, roof rack, & more to come) that I am building up. I have build up different rigs and have general trail experience, however, until recently have not started taking overland type trips.
Welcome. It’s a great place to be. There is so much information here

Reactions: Magic Mike

Goatchoker

Rank I
Launch Member

Contributor I

Fresno CA
Member #

Hi,

I'm new to the Fresno area and until recently was in the navy stationed in San Diego. Prior to that I had a good amount of experience with an 87 pathfinder (profile pic) on trails near Arnold and Sonora CA. Im hoping I can meet some folks around me and find some new awesome places somewhat in my area. And who doesn't love the great outdoors?

I have an 05 SuperDuty 4x4, a 2018 Tacoma 4x4, and I'm getting my old trail rig back (90 bronco 351w 4x4).

KDC

Rank V
Launch Member

Influencer II

Lawton, OK
Member #

Hi,

I'm new to the Fresno area and until recently was in the navy stationed in San Diego. Prior to that I had a good amount of experience with an 87 pathfinder (profile pic) on trails near Arnold and Sonora CA. Im hoping I can meet some folks around me and find some new awesome places somewhat in my area. And who doesn't love the great outdoors?

I have an 05 SuperDuty 4x4, a 2018 Tacoma 4x4, and I'm getting my old trail rig back (90 bronco 351w 4x4).
Welcome and great to hear. Thanks for your service. I miss all the trails up in Arnold as I am from the Jamestown, Sonora area.

Traveler I

Earth
Hey all, new to the forum and quite new to overlanding as a hobby. looking forward to some great conversations and learning more about how everyone else does it so I can create and develop my own style.
My Rig: 79 Toyota DLX Long Bed, it is a complete work in progress and the pictures here are from the week I purchased the truck. It does have some additions to it now and I am looking forward to adding more user friendly items such as dry storage and a sleeping setup in the bed.

I am in the military so I get to visit different states quite often. I like to go out and hit trails and camping spots wherever I may be. I'm original from Northern California right in the heart of the Stanislaus national forest.

I hope that I can help with answering questions as much as everyone else will help me with any questions or topics I may bring up. View attachment 68292 View attachment 68293
KDC that 79 Toyota is noice! I totally dig on those. Way to keep it alive.

Reactions: Magic Mike and KDC

Goatchoker

Rank I
Launch Member

Contributor I

Fresno CA
Member #

Welcome and great to hear. Thanks for your service. I miss all the trails up in Arnold as I am from the Jamestown, Sonora area.
Its really too bad that Avery shut down as well as most of white pines. But I heard that longbarn trails are still good. I may try those before snow season.

Reactions: KDC

KDC

Rank V
Launch Member

Influencer II

Lawton, OK
Member #

Its really too bad that Avery shut down as well as most of white pines. But I heard that longbarn trails are still good. I may try those before snow season.
Yea it’s a shame. I used to go out to the old cement plant as well. I haven’t been home in about 6 years or so. Some of my favorite places have all been taken over by Blm. Have you done any of the trails up near pine rest or dodge ridge? Not sure if any of them are still open or passable

Reactions: Magic Mike

Kent R

Executive Director
Staff member
Mod Team

Pathfinder III

El Dorado, Ca
First Name
Kent
Last Name
Reynolds
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K6KNT
Service Branch
Retired Firefighter
I'm a new member.
Welcome to Overland Bound!

Check the forum calendar and meet-up page for events and trips that might be happening close to you.

If you have any questions message me on the forum @Kent R

Kent R

Executive Director
Staff member
Mod Team

Pathfinder III

El Dorado, Ca
First Name
Kent
Last Name
Reynolds
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K6KNT
Service Branch
Retired Firefighter
Hi,

Check the forum calendar and meet-up page for events and trips that might be happening close to you.
We just had a meet-up in Fresno and hope to make it a reoccurring event, if there is another one scheduled you will receive a forum message.

Gbcracing4

Rank I
Launch Member

Traveler I

Lakewood
Member #

Hello Everyone!
So I just bought a new toy and it ended up being one of the Overland's members rigs. Long story short he told me all about Overland Bound and got me hooked. So thank you to AAA247, and I am excited to start learning......
So the truck 2016 Dodge 2500 Diesel, All the mods on the truck currently were done by AA247, which he did an awesome job! I am new to Overlanding, my only off-roading experience is my Yamaha UTV that I am usually cruising around in the area above Tehachapi, CA. I am located in the Lakewood, CA area so if there are any members in the area let me know, glad to meet up and chat anytime.

Truck.jpg

KDC

Rank V
Launch Member

Influencer II

Lawton, OK
Member #

Hello Everyone!
So I just bought a new toy and it ended up being one of the Overland's members rigs. Long story short he told me all about Overland Bound and got me hooked. So thank you to AAA247, and I am excited to start learning......
So the truck 2016 Dodge 2500 Diesel, All the mods on the truck currently were done by AA247, which he did an awesome job! I am new to Overlanding, my only off-roading experience is my Yamaha UTV that I am usually cruising around in the area above Tehachapi, CA. I am located in the Lakewood, CA area so if there are any members in the area let me know, glad to meet up and chat anytime.

View attachment 68568
Welcome and nice looking rig. Look forward to chatting with you

Kent R

Executive Director
Staff member
Mod Team

Pathfinder III

El Dorado, Ca
First Name
Kent
Last Name
Reynolds
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K6KNT
Service Branch
Retired Firefighter
Hello Everyone!

View attachment 68568

There is a meet-up on the Long Beach area that you should get a notification for when it happens again.

Goatchoker

Rank I
Launch Member

Contributor I

Fresno CA
Member #

Yea it’s a shame. I used to go out to the old cement plant as well. I haven’t been home in about 6 years or so. Some of my favorite places have all been taken over by Blm. Have you done any of the trails up near pine rest or dodge ridge? Not sure if any of them are still open or passable
No I stopped at longbarn if i went up 108. I heard there is awesome places up there though.

Goatchoker

Rank I
Launch Member

Contributor I

Fresno CA
Member #

We just had a meet-up in Fresno and hope to make it a reoccurring event, if there is another one scheduled you will receive a forum message.
Thank you,

I appreciate the info. Hopefully well meet on the trail sometime.