Traveler I

New Braunfels, TX
First Name
Cody
Last Name
S
Member #

Hello from New Braunfels, TX
I just recently purchased a 2014 JKU. This isn't my first jeep, but it is the first one I will enforce my will on. In the past I have had "finished" jeeps that required no more than driving around. I am more interested in Overlanding than rock crawling (hence this forum). As I plan to take my time with this build I am looking for personal experiences with products and I am here to meet new people. I work in Farm and Ranch sales, so I get to see new acreage everyday. However, most of the properties I am on wouldn't benefit from me blazing new trails. I have been four-wheeling most of my life...but I am still have so much to learn.

Cody

Attachments

MazeVX

Rank VI
Launch Member

Influencer II

Gießen Germany
First Name
Mathias
Last Name
Kreicker
Member #

I just recently purchased a 2014 JKU. This isn't my first jeep, but it is the first one I will enforce my will on. In the past I have had "finished" jeeps that required no more than driving around. I am more interested in Overlanding than rock crawling (hence this forum). As I plan to take my time with this build I am looking for personal experiences with products and I am here to meet new people. I work in Farm and Ranch sales, so I get to see new acreage everyday. However, most of the properties I am on wouldn't benefit from me blazing new trails. I have been four-wheeling most of my life...but I am still have so much to learn.

Cody
Welcome!
How funny you live in a city called New Braunfels?
I live in germany and near to where I live is a town that's named Braunfels.

Reactions: Caffienated

XJ-1138

Rank I

Contributor III

Sunriver, Oregon, United States
First Name
Kyle
Last Name
Barger
Service Branch
USMC
Greetings Overlanders! I'm Kyle! I have a decent amount of offroading experience in multiple rigs (spent some time as a wildland firefighter with the USFS) but I haven't done any extended trips out into the backwoods. I'm slowly getting started on my overland rig (with lots of research first) and can't wait to head out into the wild.
1. At present I'm located in the northern region of San Diego County and am relocating to Bend, Oregon in about 6 months where I'm planning to get serious with overlanding.
2. My current rig is a '99 XJ Sport (pretty stock right now), I'll upload pics later.
3. Overlanding Novice.
Looking forward to gleaning as much knowledge as I can from everyone here and sharing experiences!

MazeVX

Rank VI
Launch Member

Influencer II

Gießen Germany
First Name
Mathias
Last Name
Kreicker
Member #

We were founded by Prince Carl Solms of Braunfels, Germany in 1845. If you ever get tired of the old one, come visit the new one!

Cody
OK, well then we are talking about the same Braunfels, how everything is going its way... If I ever come anywhere close I will send you a message

cruiserfien

Rank V
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

Mandeville, LA 70471
First Name
Lance
Last Name
Scott
Member #

lexus.jpg jose.jpg new member here from the New Orleans Northshore area.
Overland Rig is a 96 Lexus LX450 (pic shows a tough weekend when the lexus met a rock face in rainy muddy conditions) , my experience is intermediate in the Overland category. I have been on the Rock Crawling scene for about 12 years. Rock Crawler is a 74 fj40

Last edited:

Kent R

Executive Director
Staff member
Mod Team

Pathfinder III

El Dorado, Ca
First Name
Kent
Last Name
Reynolds
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K6KNT
Service Branch
Retired Firefighter
Hello Everyone,
My name is Tyler but I go by Tucker. Little bit of back history grow up in the so lake tahoe, rock crawling, camping, fishing and hunting. i live in San Diego now with my wife and 2 Boys. I'm getting back into the outdoor life. I have my new truck on the way and cant wait to hit the trails and meet everyone.

Thanks Tucker
Welcome to Overland Bound!

There is a meet up in the San Diego area that you might want to check out.

https://www.overlandbound.com/forums/threads/reoccurring-san-diego-overland-bound-monthly-meet-03-22-2018.13317/

This is San Diego Overland Bound Trail Run page.

https://www.overlandbound.com/forums/threads/san-diego-overland-bound-trail-runs.17178/

If you have any questions message me on the forum @Kent R

Kent R

Executive Director
Staff member
Mod Team

Pathfinder III

El Dorado, Ca
First Name
Kent
Last Name
Reynolds
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K6KNT
Service Branch
Retired Firefighter

Cody

There are several meet-ups in your area, so if your interested check out the meet-up page of the forum.

Kent R

Executive Director
Staff member
Mod Team

Pathfinder III

El Dorado, Ca
First Name
Kent
Last Name
Reynolds
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K6KNT
Service Branch
Retired Firefighter
Greetings Overlanders! I'm Kyle! I have a decent amount of offroading experience in multiple rigs (spent some time as a wildland firefighter with the USFS) but I haven't done any extended trips out into the backwoods. I'm slowly getting started on my overland rig (with lots of research first) and can't wait to head out into the wild.
1. At present I'm located in the northern region of San Diego County and am relocating to Bend, Oregon in about 6 months where I'm planning to get serious with overlanding.
2. My current rig is a '99 XJ Sport (pretty stock right now), I'll upload pics later.
3. Overlanding Novice.
Looking forward to gleaning as much knowledge as I can from everyone here and sharing experiences!

Currently we don't have a meet-up in the Bend area but there is a member who is willing to start one so keep an eye out for a forum message.

Kent R

Executive Director
Staff member
Mod Team

Pathfinder III

El Dorado, Ca
First Name
Kent
Last Name
Reynolds
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K6KNT
Service Branch
Retired Firefighter
Hello All,

New overland bound member and new to the scene in general. Our rig is a 2003 Land Rover Discovery II G4 edition. Taken it out a few times but looking to explore further and make new friends in the Orange County, CA area.

View attachment 66649
Welcome to Overland B0und!

There is a meet-up in Orange County that you might be interested in. Check out the meet-up page on the forum or on the OLB West FB page for details.

https://www.overlandbound.com/forums/threads/reoccurring-orange-county-overland-bound-monthly-meet-up-06-02-2018.13515/

Kent R

Executive Director
Staff member
Mod Team

Pathfinder III

El Dorado, Ca
First Name
Kent
Last Name
Reynolds
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K6KNT
Service Branch
Retired Firefighter
Hello my name is Corey from Oakley Ca, I am new to overlanding trying to get ideas for my 2015 Tacoma. Thank for having me View attachment 66628

There are several meet-ups in your area, so if your interested check out the meet-up page of the forum.

AlphaPapa

Rank I
Launch Member

Traveler I

Sorry no pictures - just getting into the idea of overlanding. Picked up a Jeep Wrangler and started looking at mods, which led to YouTube, which led to rooftop tents. We like to camp and get out into the outdoors. My boys are working their way out of our home and into the workforce and college so it may be time we started getting back out. My spare time is with the local troop as their Scoutmaster.

We are in the Florida Keys

2013 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Sport JK - Hard Top

Complete NOVICE

sabjku

Rank VI
Launch Member

Traveler III

Alexandria, VA
First Name
Steve
Last Name
Beh
Member #

View attachment 66696 View attachment 66695 Hi my name is steve.

1. Freeland, Md
2. 2017 Jeep Wrangler unlimited rubicon
3. I have been off-roading for almost 5 years but new to the overlanding. Have tent camped several times
Hey Steve.....welcome! Northern VA here! There's quite a bit of activity over in the East regional forums. Planning on a group outing on Sept 15th-16th as well here in NOVA. Check it out!

https://www.overlandbound.com/event/wheeling-and-woodstock/

Last edited:
Reactions: Nomadik Nova

mikirst77

Rank I
Launch Member

Traveler I

Stuttgart, Germany
First Name
Michael
Last Name
Kirsten
Member #

Hi, my Name is Michael from Stuttgart Germany
We travelled in 2009 from Germany to Nepal in an old Volkswagen LT Sven Hedin and 2010 we bought an Chevy Tahoe in Florida, did some modification an travelled down east coast to Mexico.
Working here in Stuttgart, living in an Motorhome we currently waiting for our new Volkswagen Amarok Canyon V6 after we sadly sold our Land Rover Defender 110...then the work will start to make it a great Overlanding Rig :grin:

IMG_0556.jpg IMG_0557.jpg