Member Introductions *NEW MEMBERS INTRODUCE YOURSELF*

• HTML tutorial

sharkfrog

Rank I
Launch Member

Traveler I

Modesto
Member #

Hey OBers, went to a local meet-up this weekend and met a bunch of you and ended up joining. I forgot most everyone's name already so I'll probably have to meet you again at the next thing. @Kent R thanks for the ham advice and tips, hoping to get technician done soon.

Sandpoint Steve

US NorthWest Region Local Expert
Supporter

Pathfinder III

Sandpoint, Idaho
First Name
Steve
Last Name
Marchiando
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KI7POE
Oh I am so ready! We’ve been in Florida for 6 years now but I’m not from here so I’m definitely ready for the change. We are going to be there the beginning of October. I can’t wait to see how it is out there. I’m still trying to figure out this site. I’ve been looking for some good groups out there
It's a little less flat up here.0723171623b.jpeg

Kent R

Executive Director
Staff member
Mod Team

Pathfinder III

El Dorado, Ca
First Name
Kent
Last Name
Reynolds
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K6KNT
Service Branch
Retired Firefighter
Hey OBers, went to a local meet-up this weekend and met a bunch of you and ended up joining. I forgot most everyone's name already so I'll probably have to meet you again at the next thing. @Kent R thanks for the ham advice and tips, hoping to get technician done soon.
Glad you had a good time and good luck with the Lic. Hopefully we can have the Ham Cram in Modesto, ill advise if I hear anything.

Cpol

Rank IX
Launch Member

World Traveler III

Jackson Heights, Queens, NY, USA
First Name
Chris
Last Name
Pol
Member #

My family and I live in Atlanta, GA for 8 months out of the year and on Nantucket, MA for the remaining 4 (summer), and we travel via our 2002 4Runner SR5 that has been one of the best vehicles I've had the pleasure of owning and wheeling with. I would say my experience is amateur but I love riding trails and going on road trips which have become more interesting w/ my two year old son tagging along more frequently now. So far since we've been on island I've taken many detours down rarely traveled dirt roads just to see where they lead and if there's a challenge down any of them. Also I am excitedly awaiting my member badge to arrive so I can add myself further into the OB family.

Also always interesting hitting the road w/ my 4 legged heathens lol:

Good afternoon 7594143664_IMG_2713.jpg

My family and I are going east from nyc in route to Nantucket. We wanted to experience the true Nantucket where can we camp close to the beach

Reactions: Jimmy Schantz

Kent R

Executive Director
Staff member
Mod Team

Pathfinder III

El Dorado, Ca
First Name
Kent
Last Name
Reynolds
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K6KNT
Service Branch
Retired Firefighter
Hey all,
Just joined and thought we’d start here.
Name: Jason and Kyleigh
Loc: Pcola, Fla - From SW Arizona
Rig: 2010 Jeep Rubicon Unlimited
Experience: Lifelong desert rat, hunter, traveller, camper, outdoors in general. Love mashing all that together on wheels!

See y’all out there!
Welcome to Overland Bound!

There are several meet-ups in your area, so if your interested check out the meet-up page of the forum.

If you have any questions message me on the forum @Kent R

Reactions: m1101tenttrailer

Low594

Rank V
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

Oakland, CA, US
First Name
James
Last Name
o'Brien
Member #

Greetings from Montreal, Canada, name is Rico, 12v technician by trade. Happened by this forum researching Mitsubishi Monteros because of a recent addition to the stable.
View attachment 66244 View attachment 66245
Rig : 2001 jeep cherokee xj, 2003 Mitsubishi Montero Sport LS
Experience: Mostly Camping in remote campgrounds.
Welcome!
12V tech??? Is that anything like Sound and Communications work (Fire/Life Safety, Network, Security, Cameras, etc)? I'm IBEW Local 595 Sound and Comm, here in Oakland & Alameda County.

SmilesNotMiles

Rank I
Launch Member

Traveler I

Florida Keys, Florida, USA
First Name
Rob
Last Name
Rinaldi
Member #

Hi, folks!

I thought I'd take a second and introduce myself. I'm brand new to this notion of overlanding, however, I have a sincere love/respect/passion for the outdoors. I've been a self-proclaimed beach bum most of my life and have a true love of the ocean. As someone who lives on the East coast (NJ) and near the ocean, I've been into surfing most of my life, but, I look forward to expanding my horizons - literally.

I've had multiple Jeep Wranglers throughout my driving days, so, I thought it was time to change things up recently. I'm a proud owner of a new 2018 Toyota 4Runner TRD Off Road Premium and I truly look forward to traveling with this rig. I joined this group because of my interest to seek out new trails both locally and across the US. My wife has traveled cross country and we plan on doing the trip ourselves someday down the road. For now, I look forward to connecting with y'all and learning new tricks and exploring new trails. Glad to meet you!

Here's a cool pic of the new rig!

Attachments

Nomadik Nova

Rank VI
Staff member

Member III

Falmouth, MA, USA
First Name
Kevin
Last Name
Nova
Member #

Hi, folks!

I thought I'd take a second and introduce myself. I'm brand new to this notion of overlanding, however, I have a sincere love/respect/passion for the outdoors. I've been a self-proclaimed beach bum most of my life and have a true love of the ocean. As someone who lives on the East coast (NJ) and near the ocean, I've been into surfing most of my life, but, I look forward to expanding my horizons - literally.

I've had multiple Jeep Wranglers throughout my driving days, so, I thought it was time to change things up recently. I'm a proud owner of a new 2018 Toyota 4Runner TRD Off Road Premium and I truly look forward to traveling with this rig. I joined this group because of my interest to seek out new trails both locally and across the US. My wife has traveled cross country and we plan on doing the trip ourselves someday down the road. For now, I look forward to connecting with y'all and learning new tricks and exploring new trails. Glad to meet you!

Welcome to the community and be sure to check out the 4 Runner Registry.

Nomadik Nova

Rank VI
Staff member

Member III

Falmouth, MA, USA
First Name
Kevin
Last Name
Nova
Member #

HappyOurOverlanding

Rank VI
Launch Member

Member III

Verdi Nevada
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KI7RAM
Hi, folks!

Welcome. What are your plans for outfitting your rig? There are several 4Runner build threads in this site. See ya on the trails.[emoji41]

Reactions: SmilesNotMiles

Whiteout

Rank I
Launch Member

Traveler I

Huntsville, AL
First Name
Devin
Last Name
Kudlas
Member #

Hi all! I am brand new to overlanding. I've camped w/ water & electricity, but in a tent. :wink: I've done some day trip offroading...Mostly mudding in my '96 XJ. However, I've since sold the Jeep and bought a truck (much more comfortable to travel with my kids in). I am excited by the thrill of being off the beaten path and depending on yourself, while enjoy nature...and I love building a rig that can get you there...enjoy the outdoors...and get back.

My Details:
1) Picture...coming.
2) Huntsville, AL
3) Rig (2016, F-150)
4) Novice

AT-venturist

Rank III
Launch Member

Member III

El Dorado Hills, Ca
Member #

Hello all,

I am enthusiastically looking forward to being a contributing member of OLB (be it with stories to share, experiences discussed, and/or lending a hand). A little background...
Having been a lifelong motorist of FWD transportation machines, my urge for adventure didn't begin until I got behind the wheel of my 4x4 CC 2015 GMC Canyon. It was a personal goal of mine to put myself in situations where I could use all the doodads, gadgets, gizmos, and mechanical witchcrafts that came with the All Terrain package. I figured, I payed for the features...might as well use them.

Well, in the first 30 days, mother nature removed my front air dam, I gave my alternator a good dozing of mud (needed a new one), damaged my factory skid plates, had to be pulled out of a mud pit, and had minor body work done. Truth be told though, that's where the fun started. It fueled the need to explore more and more.

Next adventure comes up in about a month and a half. We'll see what Alabama Hills has to offer this novice overlander...

Thanks for reading.

Kent R

Executive Director
Staff member
Mod Team

Pathfinder III

El Dorado, Ca
First Name
Kent
Last Name
Reynolds
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K6KNT
Service Branch
Retired Firefighter
Hello all,

I am enthusiastically looking forward to being a contributing member of OLB (be it with stories to share, experiences discussed, and/or lending a hand). A little background...
Having been a lifelong motorist of FWD transportation machines, my urge for adventure didn't begin until I got behind the wheel of my 4x4 CC 2015 GMC Canyon. It was a personal goal of mine to put myself in situations where I could use all the doodads, gadgets, gizmos, and mechanical witchcrafts that came with the All Terrain package. I figured, I payed for the features...might as well use them.

Well, in the first 30 days, mother nature removed my front air dam, I gave my alternator a good dozing of mud (needed a new one), damaged my factory skid plates, had to be pulled out of a mud pit, and had minor body work done. Truth be told though, that's where the fun started. It fueled the need to explore more and more.

Next adventure comes up in about a month and a half. We'll see what Alabama Hills has to offer this novice overlander...

Thanks for reading.
Welcome to Overland Bound!

There are two meet-up’s in your area if you are interested, both are on the meet-up page of the forum and the calendar.

Sierra Foothills Overlanders monthly meeting.

https://www.overlandbound.com/forums/threads/sierra-foothills-monthly-ob-meetup-11-21-2017.10663/

Sacramento weekly meet-up.

https://www.overlandbound.com/forums/threads/sacramento-weekly-meet-up.3332/

If you have any questions message me on the forum @Kent R

bengzil

Rank I
Launch Member

Traveler I

Sacramento CA
Member #

Hello all,

Thanks for reading.
Sounds like a very adventurous beginning!

Reactions: Caffienated

SmilesNotMiles

Rank I
Launch Member

Traveler I

Florida Keys, Florida, USA
First Name
Rob
Last Name
Rinaldi
Member #

Welcome. What are your plans for outfitting your rig? There are several 4Runner build threads in this site. See ya on the trails.[emoji41]
That's a great question! Well, as of now, I'm definitely considering a new set of tires - a bit more aggressive for light trails, but not something that will inconvenience my daily driving. I had Falken Wildpeaks on my last Jeep - loved 'em. I'm also going to start looking into a possible leveling kit - though I know very little about the tech. Fortunately, this truck has so many bells/whistles, I really don't plan on changing much... I'd love a new front bumper with some lights! I'm also starting my research for a new cooler or fridge solution for when I start traveling more...

But, first, I really want to see what trails/camping I can find in eastern PA, etc.

Nomadik Nova

Rank VI
Staff member

Member III

Falmouth, MA, USA
First Name
Kevin
Last Name
Nova
Member #

That's a great question! Well, as of now, I'm definitely considering a new set of tires - a bit more aggressive for light trails, but not something that will inconvenience my daily driving. I had Falken Wildpeaks on my last Jeep - loved 'em. I'm also going to start looking into a possible leveling kit - though I know very little about the tech. Fortunately, this truck has so many bells/whistles, I really don't plan on changing much... I'd love a new front bumper with some lights! I'm also starting my research for a new cooler or fridge solution for when I start traveling more...

But, first, I really want to see what trails/camping I can find in eastern PA, etc.
If you end up in MD or NOVA, be sure to let us know in the Northern VA / MD thread.

hopkillin

Rank V
Launch Member

Off-Road Ranger I

La Mesa, CA, USA
First Name
Tyler
Last Name
Tucker
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
Kn6ggo
Hello Everyone,
My name is Tyler but I go by Tucker. Little bit of back history grow up in the so lake tahoe, rock crawling, camping, fishing and hunting. i live in San Diego now with my wife and 2 Boys. I'm getting back into the outdoor life. I have my new truck on the way and cant wait to hit the trails and meet everyone.

Thanks Tucker