Nick Abdo

Rank I
Launch Member

Contributor II

Anaheim Hills, CA
Member #

Hey everyone my name is Nick I'm new to the overland community,

I'm from Anaheim, CA
I just bought a 2016 Tacoma TRD off road (sadly I couldn't afford the 4x4 so mine is only 2 wheel drive)
I am an overlanding newbie, but I've got trips to Yosemite and Zion planned in the next few months. Looking forward to being part of this community.

Bob

Rank III

Advocate II

Welcome, @LB_Jeep You'll be in the same boat as us here in northern Ohio, with nowhere close to go exploring, but at least you are half a day closer to the western jewels when you head out.
Hey Steve,
I've heard of the crown jewels, and family jewels, but never heard of the western jewels. But I like that.

Sent from my LG-H811 using Tapatalk

Byron Eby

Rank V
Launch Member

Influencer II

Sacramento, CA
Member #

Hi there!
My name is Jovan
Current Vehicle: 1994 OPEL Frontera, 31" AT tires, 2" lift, with some custom "mods"
Overland Experience: Novice

I was always been an outdoor type of person and nature and exploring. This is my first 4x4 vehicle and the trill of overlanding is like a fever to me. Yes we could say Iam hooked.
Its great to have forum like this to share Exp, ideas, knowledge.
Welcome!

Byron Eby

Rank V
Launch Member

Influencer II

Sacramento, CA
Member #

Hello everyone! I'm new to the forum but have been following OB for awhile. I live in Rapid City, SD with my fiancé and two dogs. I currently own a H3 that has been modified for off-roading and camping. We enjoy hanging out in the black hills and the badland areas and I am working on locations for trails and camping in Montana, Wyoming and Colorado. I will eventually get around to posting a build thread on my rig when I get a break from college. Thanks for having me as a member!
Welcome to OB!

Reactions: Daniel Etter

KaneNorth

Rank III
Launch Member

Enthusiast II

Hudson's Hope British Columbia
First Name
Brody
Last Name
Kane
Member #

Hi everyone!

I've just recently discovered Overland Bound and have a bit of catching up to do to watch all the vidoes.

I live in the Peace Region of northeastern British Columbia Canada. My current rig is a 2015 JKUR.
I grew up in a small town I've spent a lot of time in the bush both on foot or by use of various 4x4s over the years. At the moment my jeep is stock but I plan on making some changes to outfit it so that I can travel and work on my photography when I have time off work.

I've spent a lot of time lurking forums and youtube for overlanding ideas for the jeep and have an ever growing wishlist of things I want to do to it to outfit it.

The short list so far is as follows.
  • Brighter Headlights (Truck-Lites perhaps)
  • Bumpers and winch
  • Unpainted fender flares (In hindsight painted flares were a terrible idea. With less than 10,000km on the jeep the rears are pretty much ruined already.)
  • Lift and 35s or 37s
  • Roof rack and rooftop tent or perhaps the Ursa minor J30.
  • Jeep Kitchen or similar storage in the back.

The overlanding vlogger that I've spent the most time following is Andrew St Pierre White, like him I want to have all my gear organized in such a way that I can have camp set up or stowed away and able to move again in 5 minutes or less and also have all my camera gear within easy reach.
IMG_6297.JPG

Last edited:

Vandy

Rank IV

Enthusiast III

Okc
Well I guess I'll join in. Found the you tube page a while back. Had no idea about the forum. Been here lurking for a bit.

Vehicle: is plural now. I bought my wife a 14 4runner trail on my birthday in october, with the thought that she would want something new in a couple years and I'd get my overland rig. Well she loves it and told me to buy my own. So I traded my 3500 diesel ram and picked up a 16 tacoma trd offroad.

Experience: not much anymore. I grew up in So. Cal and spent a lot of time in the high and low desert. I grew up out close to Palm Springs and had a lot of family in Victorville. I moved to okc in 99. Not much offroad/camping here. Or so I thought. Thanks to the Internet and the overland lifestyle growing, I've learned of some areas. And quite a bit in Arkansas.

My wife is.....well kind of a snob lol so this is something I'm working on with her. We are taking our 1st family trip to the Tejas hill country in august. Complete with a 4 winery tour and a hotel for us to stay in. Hey, baby steps right? We also have a trip to silverton/durango Co. In october. She doesn't know it yet, but we are going to take a couple trails in her runner lol.

I've got an almost 5 year old, I'm hoping this is something we can all 3 be into. He loves watching the OB vids online.

One more and I'll stop my ramble, thanks all of yall for the ideas, motivation, and knowledge. Ya keep me motivated.1462265173362.jpg1462265220442.jpg

Sent from my SM-G935V using Overland Bound Talk mobile app

ShawnR

Rank VI
Launch Member

Influencer II

Bettendorf, Iowa, USA
First Name
Shawn
Last Name
Reimers
Member #

Service Branch
Army
View attachment 3524 Hi all!
Vehicle: 1974 Toyota Landcruiser FJ 40
Right now my wife and I are busy exploring NE Oregon. Later, the Pacific Northwest!
I love to be the camp "cookie" and try a new dish each time my wife and I head out to camp and explore..
Welcome, and awesome set up.

Reactions: fjexplorer

ShawnR

Rank VI
Launch Member

Influencer II

Bettendorf, Iowa, USA
First Name
Shawn
Last Name
Reimers
Member #

Service Branch
Army
Hi everyone!

I've just recently discovered Overland Bound and have a bit of catching up to do to watch all the vidoes.

I live in the Peace Region of northeastern British Columbia Canada. My current rig is a 2015 JKUR.
I grew up in a small town I've spent a lot of time in the bush both on foot or by use of various 4x4s over the years. At the moment my jeep is stock but I plan on making some changes to outfit it so that I can travel and work on my photography when I have time off work.

I've spent a lot of time lurking forums and youtube for overlanding ideas for the jeep and have an ever growing wishlist of things I want to do to it to outfit it.

The short list so far is as follows.
  • Brighter Headlights (Truck-Lites perhaps)
  • Bumpers and winch
  • Unpainted fender flares (In hindsight painted flares were a terrible idea. With less than 10,000km on the jeep the rears are pretty much ruined already.)
  • Lift and 35s or 37s
  • Roof rack and rooftop tent or perhaps the Ursa minor J30.
  • Jeep Kitchen or similar storage in the back.

The overlanding vlogger that I've spent the most time following is Andrew St Pierre White, like him I want to have all my gear organized in such a way that I can have camp set up or stowed away and able to move again in 5 minutes or less and also have all my camera gear within easy reach.
View attachment 3523
Welcome. And as your list grows, your wallet will forever continue to shrink. But they are awesome rigs.

ShawnR

Rank VI
Launch Member

Influencer II

Bettendorf, Iowa, USA
First Name
Shawn
Last Name
Reimers
Member #

Service Branch
Army
Well I guess I'll join in. Found the you tube page a while back. Had no idea about the forum. Been here lurking for a bit.

Vehicle: is plural now. I bought my wife a 14 4runner trail on my birthday in october, with the thought that she would want something new in a couple years and I'd get my overland rig. Well she loves it and told me to buy my own. So I traded my 3500 diesel ram and picked up a 16 tacoma trd offroad.

Experience: not much anymore. I grew up in So. Cal and spent a lot of time in the high and low desert. I grew up out close to Palm Springs and had a lot of family in Victorville. I moved to okc in 99. Not much offroad/camping here. Or so I thought. Thanks to the Internet and the overland lifestyle growing, I've learned of some areas. And quite a bit in Arkansas.

My wife is.....well kind of a snob lol so this is something I'm working on with her. We are taking our 1st family trip to the Tejas hill country in august. Complete with a 4 winery tour and a hotel for us to stay in. Hey, baby steps right? We also have a trip to silverton/durango Co. In october. She doesn't know it yet, but we are going to take a couple trails in her runner lol.

I've got an almost 5 year old, I'm hoping this is something we can all 3 be into. He loves watching the OB vids online.

One more and I'll stop my ramble, thanks all of yall for the ideas, motivation, and knowledge. Ya keep me motivated.View attachment 3525View attachment 3526

Sent from my SM-G935V using Overland Bound Talk mobile app
I'm really starting to dig these 4Runners.

ShawnR

Rank VI
Launch Member

Influencer II

Bettendorf, Iowa, USA
First Name
Shawn
Last Name
Reimers
Member #

Service Branch
Army
Hey everyone my name is Nick I'm new to the overland community,

I'm from Anaheim, CA
I just bought a 2016 Tacoma TRD off road (sadly I couldn't afford the 4x4 so mine is only 2 wheel drive)
I am an overlanding newbie, but I've got trips to Yosemite and Zion planned in the next few months. Looking forward to being part of this community.
Welcome to the forum. Seeing lots of Tacomas here lately. Good looking trucks.

Reactions: Nick Abdo