• HTML tutorial

Winterpeg

CDN Prairie Ambassador
Staff member
Launch Member

Influencer II

Winnipeg, MB
Member #

IMG_20150722_075221.jpg A1NOnp0.jpg IMG_20150725_162827.jpg IMG_20160323_130634.jpg Hello all.... I just signed up and look forward to checking out the site and forums.

1. My name's Brian and I live in Winnipeg, MB. Canada.
2. I have a 2008 Toyota FJ Cruiser.
3. Experience: I'm not sure what Novice or Experienced categories would be but I think I'm more towards the experienced side.

I've done a bit of 4x4'ing and have learned about my FJ quite a bit. I'm a member of the fjcruiserforums.com site which is vehicle specific for FJ's.

I'm more focused on "Overlanding" now with a bit of 4x4'ing tossed in every now and then.

I take my family backwoods camping where it takes us a few hours of going through the bush to get where we want to be. Once there we are very self-sufficient.

I'll attach some pictures (if I can figure it out, lol)

ShawnR

Rank VI
Launch Member

Influencer II

Bettendorf, Iowa, USA
First Name
Shawn
Last Name
Reimers
Member #

Service Branch
Army
Greeting fellow Overlanders!

1) Jake in Utah
2) 2013 JKUR (The Jolly Roger)
3) Some Overland experience with most of our trip in Southern Utah.
With out Next trip only a few weeks away. Overland Expo West. Anyone else attending OEW?
Welcome. Good to see another Wrangler.

Reactions: Luis Merlo

ShawnR

Rank VI
Launch Member

Influencer II

Bettendorf, Iowa, USA
First Name
Shawn
Last Name
Reimers
Member #

Service Branch
Army
View attachment 3575 View attachment 3576 View attachment 3577 View attachment 3578 Hello all.... I just signed up and look forward to checking out the site and forums.

1. My name's Brian and I live in Winnipeg, MB. Canada.
2. I have a 2008 Toyota FJ Cruiser.
3. Experience: I'm not sure what Novice or Experienced categories would be but I think I'm more towards the experienced side.

I've done a bit of 4x4'ing and have learned about my FJ quite a bit. I'm a member of the fjcruiserforums.com site which is vehicle specific for FJ's.

I'm more focused on "Overlanding" now with a bit of 4x4'ing tossed in every now and then.

I take my family backwoods camping where it takes us a few hours of going through the bush to get where we want to be. Once there we are very self-sufficient.

I'll attach some pictures (if I can figure it out, lol)
Welcome. Good looking FJ. Would love to spend some time in the backwoods of Canada some day.

Reactions: Winterpeg

SLO Rob

Rank VI
Staff member
Founder 500
Investor

Pathfinder III

San Luis Obispo, CA
First Name
Rob
Last Name
Petterson
Member #

Hey everyone my name is Nick I'm new to the overland community,

I'm from Anaheim, CA
I just bought a 2016 Tacoma TRD off road (sadly I couldn't afford the 4x4 so mine is only 2 wheel drive)
I am an overlanding newbie, but I've got trips to Yosemite and Zion planned in the next few months. Looking forward to being part of this community.
No worries! That thing will be super capable! Love those new ones...Welcome!

mtbkr

Rank II
Launch Member

Traveler I

New to this community, but not to overland style travel. I currently have a residence in the mountains of NE Georgia, but work keeps me traveling around the country. I have the overland travel starter kit: a 2016 Tacoma 4x4, M101A2 military trailer and a CVT Mt. McKinley tent. I've previously owned F150's, Rangers, Explorers and a JK Wrangler. All of them saw their fare share of overland travel and back country exploring.

When I'm not traveling for work you'll find me camping, fishing or hiking. (But only when the honey-do list is knocked down to reasonable proportions.) Looking forward to seeing what this community has to offer.
Welcome to the forum!
I love your set-up! This is making me lean more towards getting a trailer for a RTT(which is not good as it will be more expensive! :worried:) instead of getting a shell or bed rack.

ShawnR

Rank VI
Launch Member

Influencer II

Bettendorf, Iowa, USA
First Name
Shawn
Last Name
Reimers
Member #

Service Branch
Army
New to this community, but not to overland style travel. I currently have a residence in the mountains of NE Georgia, but work keeps me traveling around the country. I have the overland travel starter kit: a 2016 Tacoma 4x4, M101A2 military trailer and a CVT Mt. McKinley tent. I've previously owned F150's, Rangers, Explorers and a JK Wrangler. All of them saw their fare share of overland travel and back country exploring.

When I'm not traveling for work you'll find me camping, fishing or hiking. (But only when the honey-do list is knocked down to reasonable proportions.) Looking forward to seeing what this community has to offer.
Welcome to the forum. Hoping to get an m416 and put an RTT on it soon. So jealous of all you guys posting these nice trailers and RTT's.

HighDesertFoz

Rank II
Launch Member

Contributor I

High Desert PNW
Member #

Jace here, from Central Oregon (The High Desert). Recently made the decision to keep an 98 Forester and turn it into my Overland rig instead of spending money on something else. Make use of what's available. Everything is on a skimpy budget, so it makes sense.

REALLY looking forward to going out and having some solid adventures in the very near future.

ShawnR

Rank VI
Launch Member

Influencer II

Bettendorf, Iowa, USA
First Name
Shawn
Last Name
Reimers
Member #

Service Branch
Army
Jace here, from Central Oregon (The High Desert). Recently made the decision to keep an 98 Forester and turn it into my Overland rig instead of spending money on something else. Make use of what's available. Everything is on a skimpy budget, so it makes sense.

REALLY looking forward to going out and having some solid adventures in the very near future.
Welcome to the forum.

Reactions: HighDesertFoz

Vandy

Rank IV

Enthusiast III

Okc
Thanks Vandy. Just finished my senior year at Oklahoma Christian University (OC). I have at least one more summer class and a Mechanical Engineering certification test to take before I'm done. Are you in ON-TORC (Oklahoma Nissan-Toyota Off Road Club) by any chance?

1987 Toyota Pickup - Edmond, OK
Ok. I went there for a semester, then got deployed to play in sand box for a while. They have a great engineering program there.

Kind of on the FB page. My wife is on it and I lurk around on her page from time to time. (she trys to like pages that I would be interested in to get me on Facebook. )

Sent from my SM-G935V using Overland Bound Talk mobile app