Member Introductions *NEW MEMBERS INTRODUCE YOURSELF*

• HTML tutorial

Gunnar15

Rank I
Launch Member

Traveler I

Glenmont, NY
Member #

Hello everyone! Upstate New York looking for trails!
2017 Toyota 4Runner TRD off-road
3” and 2” leveling kit upgraded all lighting to LED. Installing 32” light bar behind the grill soon.
1984 CJ7 350sb
Needs a lot more work.

Attachments

LCM_Scott

Rank V
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

Hilton, New York, United States
First Name
Scott
Last Name
Borden
Member #

Welcome to Overland Bound. Nice area you live in, when I was very young our family lived in Youngstown just west of you.
Thank you and I know right where that is, nice place as well! I live over in the village of Hilton, NY I just put Rochester as its the closest city and people generally will know that over Hilton.

RunningPirate

Rank I
Launch Member

Traveler I

Belmont, CA
Member #

Hi folks-

Living in SF Bay Area. Just bought a 2015 Outback 3.6 Limited to replace my well loved, but aging XC70. Until recently, I did not realize what a capable (within limits) off-road vehicle it is! Currently things are stock, but upgrades will happen with time (wheels and tires, skid plates, racks). I chuckle at the irony as for years I owned a 1st gen Taco and never was interested in overlanding...now I’m looking for nearby trails to explore

Lumber

Rank II
Launch Member

Enthusiast I

Hey, all. Just joined the site, it looks like a great resource for getting out there with our rigs!

Rig: 2015 Jeep Grand Cherokee (WK2) Overland - Smittybilt 9.5 winch, Rocky-Road Outfitters Pre-runner skid plate and hidden winch mount, Curt roof rack with homemade tool mounts.
Experience: Been offroading off and on for 35 years but new to overlanding as a specific trip goal.

Here's a pic of the rig after returning from NV BLM last year:

20170312_143451.jpg

Sandpoint Steve

US NorthWest Region Local Expert
Supporter

Pathfinder III

Sandpoint, Idaho
First Name
Steve
Last Name
Marchiando
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KI7POE
View attachment 59002 Hi, my name is Mr. Vazquez from North Florida.
Novice in overlanding, every time that I have time off work(military) I try to go to new routes and adventures here in FL.
I have 2017 Jeep Renegade
Where in North Florida? I grew up in niceville.

Reactions: Bradb55

Kent R

Executive Director
Staff member
Mod Team

Pathfinder III

El Dorado, Ca
First Name
Kent
Last Name
Reynolds
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K6KNT
Service Branch
Retired Firefighter
Hey, all. Just joined the site, it looks like a great resource for getting out there with our rigs!

Rig: 2015 Jeep Grand Cherokee (WK2) Overland - Smittybilt 9.5 winch, Rocky-Road Outfitters Pre-runner skid plate and hidden winch mount, Curt roof rack with homemade tool mounts.
Experience: Been offroading off and on for 35 years but new to overlanding as a specific trip goal.

Here's a pic of the rig after returning from NV BLM last year:

View attachment 59455
Welcome to Overland Bound! If your interested check the meet-up page to find a meet-up that might work for you.
I know this is short notice but here is a fun one that is scheduled for this weekend.
https://www.overlandbound.com/forums/threads/east-bay-meet-up-06-23-2018.15576/

Kent R

Executive Director
Staff member
Mod Team

Pathfinder III

El Dorado, Ca
First Name
Kent
Last Name
Reynolds
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K6KNT
Service Branch
Retired Firefighter
Hi folks-

Living in SF Bay Area. Just bought a 2015 Outback 3.6 Limited to replace my well loved, but aging XC70. Until recently, I did not realize what a capable (within limits) off-road vehicle it is! Currently things are stock, but upgrades will happen with time (wheels and tires, skid plates, racks). I chuckle at the irony as for years I owned a 1st gen Taco and never was interested in overlanding...now I’m looking for nearby trails to explore
Welcome to Overland Bound! If your interested check the meet-up page to find a meet-up that might work for you. Depending on interest I might try and get something started on the Peninsula again.

Reactions: RunningPirate

❤️Lovey❤️

Rank V
Launch Member

Pathfinder I

California
Member #

Welcome to Overland Bound! If your interested check the meet-up page to find a meet-up that might work for you.
I know this is short notice but here is a fun one that is scheduled for this weekend.
https://www.overlandbound.com/forums/threads/east-bay-meet-up-06-23-2018.15576/
Hey Overlander! This is Lovey, just joined , just got my emblem sooo cool can’t wait to meet my fellow Overlander!!! I’m an adventurous Barbie by nature, love the open road & the more remote thebetter. The forest is my hiding place, with my dog Milo & well pretty much camp anywhere...life’s too short not to enjoy the Adventure...Happy Overlanding!

Reactions: Aussie571 and Ditch

Dave Decker

Rank V
Launch Member

Advocate III

Paradise Hills, NM
Member #

Hey Everyone!

My name is Preston and I live just north of Denver Colorado. I am new to the overland game, so new that I haven't even bought my rig yet. I currently drive a 2011 Toyota Tacoma, but I am going to be getting the 2018 Subaru Forester XL Touring soon. I went on an overland trip through Utah this year and it opened up my eyes to the world around me. I am a Navy veteran, and some of the best days of my life were standing on an aircraft carrier and staring off into nothing but a vast blue ocean. There is something very humbling and beautiful about being overwhelmed by mother nature herself.

I look forward to finding a lot of tips to deck out the forester into an adventuring machine. I have seen a lot already and am so thankful for forums like this. I will have pictures soon and will be sharing my progress as the fozzy develops.

-Preston
Welcome Preston! Denver and surrounds are a great place to be! I'm a Navy vet as well and miss the ocean, but overlanding satisfies the travel and adventure bug almost as well. I would be remiss if I didn't suggest checking out the area around Decker, CO, just a little southwest of Denver ;-)

Dave Decker

Rank V
Launch Member

Advocate III

Paradise Hills, NM
Member #

Hey Overlander! This is Lovey, just joined , just got my emblem sooo cool can’t wait to meet my fellow Overlander!!! I’m an adventurous Barbie by nature, love the open road & the more remote thebetter. The forest is my hiding place, with my dog Milo & well pretty much camp anywhere...life’s too short not to enjoy the Adventure...Happy Overlanding!
Hi Lovey!

Reactions: ❤️Lovey❤️

Dave Decker

Rank V
Launch Member

Advocate III

Paradise Hills, NM
Member #

Hi OB!
My name is Tom. I have just acquired a 2018 Tacoma TRD OR. Looking forward to getting out on 4 wheels and exploring. I've been an avid motorbike tourer for the last 20 years. Been all over California, Nevada, Oregon but I'm new to 4wd. Looking forward to utilizing the resources on OB.

I live in Half Moon Bay, CA
Rig - 2018 Tacoma TRD OR DCSB
Overlanding Experience/Background - Novice
View attachment 59350
Nice truck! Should make a great Overlanding rig.

Dave Decker

Rank V
Launch Member

Advocate III

Paradise Hills, NM
Member #

Hi All!
My name is Warren, and I'm new to the overlanding world but not to playing in the dirt! I'm excited to meet up with you all and ready to go on some new adventures!

Rig: 2014 GMC Sierra z71 4X4
Experience: Plenty of years of playing in the deserts!
Hi Warren! I love the San Diego area and the Anza Borrego Desert. I spent a lot of time out there doing all sorts of fun trails, hiking, etc.

Dave Decker

Rank V
Launch Member

Advocate III

Paradise Hills, NM
Member #

Hello all, my name is Joshua and am excited to have recently joined the Overland Bound community. I grew up camping and exploring here in west Texas. As I got older, I was doing it less and less. As stated by another member recently, since becoming an adult, I have been city bound. I discovered the overlanding community a year or so ago and have been wanting to do more. I have been lurking on various sites for a while getting more excited about things. I have recently got my wife excited about overlanding also, so hopefully our journey is just beginning. I have a 2017 Wrangler JKUHR I have done a few things to and am looking forward to continuing to learn with and build on.
View attachment 59286
Very nice JKU! Beautiful. Where in west Texas? I do a lot of stuff in southeastern New Mexico, specifically the Guadalupe Mountains and the Delaware Basin. Great locations out there for overlanding!

Dave Decker

Rank V
Launch Member

Advocate III

Paradise Hills, NM
Member #

Hi My name is Marco Duarte, I'm from Lousã Portugal, I'm a novice in Overlanding and I decided to get in Overland Bound because I like the way you see overlanding. My Rig is a Nissan Navara from 2006, and it has been a great rig so far.
Welcom Marco! I hope to get to Portugal sometime soon. I'll have to hit you up for some good overlanding routes while there.

JoshuaM

Rank II
Launch Member

Contributor III

Lubbock, TX
Member #

Very nice JKU! Beautiful. Where in west Texas? I do a lot of stuff in southeastern New Mexico, specifically the Guadalupe Mountains and the Delaware Basin. Great locations out there for overlanding!
I am currently in the Lubbock area. Growing up I was in the Midland area and spent a lot of time camping and exploring the Davis Mountains. I will have to check out those areas you mentioned. Thanks for the info!

Sent from my iPhone using OB Talk