Member Introductions *NEW MEMBERS INTRODUCE YOURSELF*

• HTML tutorial

Arkantex

Rank I

Enthusiast I

Arkansas
C39A9A6E-A2BE-4FC3-8D01-6272609ED4D3.jpeg Hello everyone. My name is Jeremy and I live in central Arkansas. Brand new to the overlanding community. I have never done any overlanding at all. I have been camping/hiking/hunting/fishing though.

My rig is a 1979 international harvester Scout ii. I’ve had it for a few years now and am finally getting to start outfitting/modifying it. Its got a 345 ci v8, Dana 44 front and rear. Going to do a spring over axel lift,33/12.50’s, fuel injection, full roll cage... and plenty more I’m sure.

Looking forward to learning a lot from all y’all!

Dudek7

Rank II
Launch Member

Enthusiast I

Spring Valley, CA
Member #

Hi, this is Robert aka Jaz, I am from San Diego, Spring Vahlley area.
My main overlanding/camping rig is 1996 Land Cruiser 80 with many modifications such as 2 inch lift, 33 tires, ARB bull bar with winch, rock sliders, etc. Just recently finished always wanted upgrade to dual battery setup and aux fan for better cooling. The future projects are possible turbo from guys at Ih8mud (I am not 100% on that) and got to do someting with the paint. My secondary rig is 2016 Outback limited, this one is lighter on it's legs, mainly for long range trips.
My overall experience I would say intermediate, I been driving LC for 8 years now and been in many different situations good (helping some one else to get unstuck) and bad (being stuck and work magic to get myself from predicament).
IMG_20170404_112336_610.jpg

tacoclifford

Rank V
Launch Member

Member III

Stony point, ny
First Name
Anthony
Last Name
Cirrilla
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KD2RMS
hey guys first post.
names anthony from southern new york.
driving a 2014 jeep cherokee trailhawk
1.5 inch hazard sky lift, one inch dobinson spring lift, 245/70 goodyear duratrac tires, rock sliders, skid plates, factory low range with rear locker.
limited experience. some camping, a good amount of offroading. slowly building up my jeep to a very capable rig. really just getting into overlanding.
cant wait to learn from other experienced members
cherokee.JPG

Mac78

Rank 0
Launch Member

Traveler I

Virginia
Member #

Hello don’t currently have my dream rig yet but I am using a 2003 Chevy 1500 extended cab with camper shell setting bed up as sleeping area with under bed drawers until I decide what my normal rig will be. I am new to overlanding but not off roading. I will be taking a 5 day trip in July in the va wv ten nc area anybody have any suggestions on easy trails in those areas please let me know

Reactions: Ditch and Aussie571

fjk

Rank 0
Launch Member

Traveler I

Kitchener, ON
Member #

Hello from Kitchener, Ontario, Canada -- way down here on page 564 of the new member intro thread... Kinda new to the overlanding part, but fairly familiar with off-roading. Getting set up for some longer trips in the coming year.

See profile photo for rig (as of April 2018). It's a 2015 Jeep JKU Sahara that has been quite modified for offroading (short list below, full list is ~2 pages). For overlanding, I'm planning on building out a platform inside where sleep on half. I'll mount the fridge and tie down my gear while driving on and under the platform (it will be raised).

Some modes:
  • 2.5" AEV lift, heat reduction hood, snorkel, rear diff slider
  • 34" BFG KM2s [soon to be 35" KM3s]
  • ARB compressor + lockers
  • 4.10 gearing
  • X2O Gen2 12K synthetic winch
  • ORFab mid-width front bumper
  • Poison Spyder ricochet rockers, rear bumper
  • CB (might do HAM eventually)
  • a variety of LED lighting and a SwitchPros panel to control them
Some of the overlanding goodies I've picked up already:
  • Genesis dual battery kit w/ Odyssey PC1500 batteries
  • Dometic CFX 40W fridge with insulated cover and slider
  • Overland Solar 180W solar kit
  • Napier SUV tent with awning
  • Titan II spare tire fuel tank (mounted on a Teraflex HD carrier)
  • MaxTrax
  • And more on the way (including the platform and some sort of tailgate table).
I'm with the Tri City Jeep Club in the KW area -- you're welcome to join if you're in the region. There are a few of us in the club looking at doing some things this year. One other member and I put together an intro to overlanding seminar series over the winter. In addition, at our upcoming show & shine (in Guelph on June 16 @ Wellington Motors) you can check out our member's overland trailers and meet up and maybe even win prizes!

In any event, looking forward to discovering, learning and exploring!

LVCoffeeguy

Rank V
Launch Member

Pathfinder II

North Las Vegas, Nevada
First Name
Patrick
Last Name
Monson
Member #

View attachment 58144 Hello everyone. My name is Jeremy and I live in central Arkansas. Brand new to the overlanding community. I have never done any overlanding at all. I have been camping/hiking/hunting/fishing though.

My rig is a 1979 international harvester Scout ii. I’ve had it for a few years now and am finally getting to start outfitting/modifying it. Its got a 345 ci v8, Dana 44 front and rear. Going to do a spring over axel lift,33/12.50’s, fuel injection, full roll cage... and plenty more I’m sure.

Looking forward to learning a lot from all y’all!

- Im not in your area but that is one bad rig! Ive always loved the Internationals.

Reactions: Arkantex

LVCoffeeguy

Rank V
Launch Member

Pathfinder II

North Las Vegas, Nevada
First Name
Patrick
Last Name
Monson
Member #

Nice! Going tomorrow to look at a 2010 outback for my fiancé for a daily. How do you like yours?

We love it actually. We got the 3.6 because it actually has a timing chain and not a timing belt. That way we don't have that headache of getting it changed out every 120,000 miles. If you have the chance to drive one of the 6 cylinder models I would absolutely suggest it.

Reactions: OverlandOutback

jackfive

Rank I
Launch Member

Contributor I

Pomona, CA
Member #

Hello all my name is Lisa I am very new to overlanding and getting outdoors.

Wanted to Learn to camp and go look for gold. Camped for the first time last October and loved it. Started out with a 2001 Suzuki Grand Vitara so I could get off the beaten path to the gold claims. Great Little Rig but not big enough to fit all my mining equipment. Just recently upgraded to a 2017 Tacoma. Very new to all aspects of off-roading and camping. All suggestions greatly appreciated and welcome!

Frankfurtin

Rank II
Launch Member

Contributor III

Westminster, CA
First Name
Frank
Last Name
Lim
Member #

Hi, my name is Frank.

Rig: 14 Toyota Tacoma DCLB (stock)
Overlanding Experience: No experience off-road camping, but I have been camping since I was a little kid. My Dad took us all over the southwest US and Canada in the 70's and 80's in our 1970-something Dodge Ram Custom Van. I remember it had captain chairs, full carpeting, wood paneling with a storage cabinets, a sofa bed in the back, large side windows that had sliding vents on the bottom, spare tire carrier on the back door, ladder to access the roof, and a small refrigerator... sounds a lot like Overlanding! Lots of memories in that van!

I eventually married a hardcore city-girl so it's been a while since I've been out on the open road or camping. We have a young daughter now and would love to create new memories of traveling with the 3 of us, and dog. I finally got the wife to go beach camping last summer and she LOVED it.

Long story short, she approved funding for our first overlanding rig, so here we go!

Looking forward to learning and growing with the Overland Bound Community!

Pimentaco_858

Rank I
Launch Member

Traveler I

San Diego
First Name
joshua
Last Name
johnson
Member #

Name is Josh

I currently own a 2018 Tacoma Off Road 4x4. No experience with 4wd but have done a ton of hiking and camping. Most hikes and camping have been in the SoCal area. From Baldy to Cucomunga Peak, San Jacinto, etc. Most notable hike would be Mt. Whitney.

No actual mods yet. Looking at tires and suspension first. Going out for my first time in the dirt this weekend to learn myself how to use the 4wd setup on the Otay Truck Trail.

Pavel

Rank II
Launch Member

Contributor I

New Jersey
Member #

Hey, Hi, Hello! New member from central Jersey, sure some people say that's a mythical place but how else should I describe the area that isn't quite South Jersey nor is it North Jersey haha.

I have no experience in overlanding but have been camping tens of times and light to medium off roading so I guess it would make sense to put the two together and really have some fun! Hoping and willing to learn a ton from other new and experienced members!

I'm in a 2012 Jeep JKU that i've over the years built up to be what it is now.
Stubby front bumper (non name brand)
Stubby rear bumper with tire swing arm (non name brand)
Flat fenders (non name brand)
Gobi stealth roof rack with dual rear ladders and quick release.
Superwinch 9k winch
17" XD Addict wheels all around with 34" Nitto Trail Grapplers
2.5 inch rough country shock and spring lift, track bar relocation brackets and sway bars to correct geometry for the time being
Led headlights and taillights, led cube lights as fogs because I was a shmuck and bought a bumper that does not have a location for fog lights haha
7" round Auxbeam led lights on both A pillars but i'm thinking of moving them to the bumper because of the reflection on the hood when they are on.

I try to save money where ever I can by buying non name brand parts (within reason) as building a rig is an expensive hobby and it sure is really hard to stop buying things for it haha.

Screen Shot 2018-06-07 at 12.17.40 AM.png Screen Shot 2018-06-07 at 12.17.23 AM.png

COBOUND

Rank 0

Traveler I

MN
Well, guess I'll introduce myself as well (Brian, and yes, I do actually go by Cobound as well) - new to the forum but not to the concept - been overlanding for about 20 years, 99.9% Jeep related. The other little bit is on my Harley where I carry a hammock, ax, small chair and pull off anywhere and chill by a fire after a day of riding. Although I've had more than I care to mention, I'm now in a '14 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon (our 3rd one). It's built for the rocks, but it hauls down the highway just the same! We also have a TJ, XJ and a Ram 1500 that all take part in getting us places, remote or otherwise!

After tenting for years we tried a pop up, then a pull behind, quickly sold both and jumped back into a tent...until we found a custom Heilite off road trailer. Had that for about 10 years until we moved to the cities and no longer had storage for it, or time (kids in sports kill weekend ventures). Started looking again about 2 years ago, didn't even bother looking at most the local stuff because it wasn't nearly as well built as my Heilite, or the shop built trailers you see shared around here.

Well, I jumped on here the other day and signed up, having found it while searching for more solid hard side trailers...ironically I joined just before I found one I'd been searching for the past 2 years, USED no less. And, trust me, these are unicorns, since the company is so new. Anyway, without further ado, my trailer overlanding days begin again tonight when I pick it up and get it home - super pumped, even if we only use it once this year :tongueclosed:

While I didn't get the off road pkg, some sacrifices come when buying used...but the benefit of saving some cash now will help...we'll get some use out of it, sell it to upgrade to the off road when the time is right...or I'll simply build this one to meet my future needs. First thing I'd like to do is get a 12v system in it! Other than that, just use it!

2017 Escapade Summit: 6x10
Few pix - seller pix, I'll get my own when it's in my possession, TONIGHT!
Open rear galley, has a bunk (son can sleep there if he doesn't bring a buddy) and provides added view through and storage. It also makes it feel more open, larger. One part of buying used, I didn't get to custom design the galley, but I also didn't have to wait 4-6 months build time either!!!

TOTALLY STOKED TO GET BACK OUT!! And looking forward to meeting more like minded folks around this place!

Currently in Cottage Grove, MN...originally from central WI. Yes, winters suck here :tonguewink:

OK, gotta share my Jeep, too...Dynatrac Pro Rock 60/80 combo w/ 40's stuck under it. Yes, we overland with it, and also hardcore it as often as possible. Being in MN it's not as often as we'd like - LOL!!

DometicOffroad

Rank III

Advocate II

Hello from Kitchener, Ontario, Canada -- way down here on page 564 of the new member intro thread... Kinda new to the overlanding part, but fairly familiar with off-roading. Getting set up for some longer trips in the coming year.

See profile photo for rig (as of April 2018). It's a 2015 Jeep JKU Sahara that has been quite modified for offroading (short list below, full list is ~2 pages). For overlanding, I'm planning on building out a platform inside where sleep on half. I'll mount the fridge and tie down my gear while driving on and under the platform (it will be raised).

Some modes:
  • 2.5" AEV lift, heat reduction hood, snorkel, rear diff slider
  • 34" BFG KM2s [soon to be 35" KM3s]
  • ARB compressor + lockers
  • 4.10 gearing
  • X2O Gen2 12K synthetic winch
  • ORFab mid-width front bumper
  • Poison Spyder ricochet rockers, rear bumper
  • CB (might do HAM eventually)
  • a variety of LED lighting and a SwitchPros panel to control them
Some of the overlanding goodies I've picked up already:
  • Genesis dual battery kit w/ Odyssey PC1500 batteries
  • Dometic CFX 40W fridge with insulated cover and slider
  • Overland Solar 180W solar kit
  • Napier SUV tent with awning
  • Titan II spare tire fuel tank (mounted on a Teraflex HD carrier)
  • MaxTrax
  • And more on the way (including the platform and some sort of tailgate table).
I'm with the Tri City Jeep Club in the KW area -- you're welcome to join if you're in the region. There are a few of us in the club looking at doing some things this year. One other member and I put together an intro to overlanding seminar series over the winter. In addition, at our upcoming show & shine (in Guelph on June 16 @ Wellington Motors) you can check out our member's overland trailers and meet up and maybe even win prizes!

In any event, looking forward to discovering, learning and exploring!

How are you liking the CFX40 Fridge? We'd love to hear some thoughts and see some photos of it installed!

Reactions: fjk

Ben S

Rank I
Launch Member

Contributor I

Rio Rancho, New Mexico
Member #

RioPuerco.jpg Howdy! My name is Ben and I'm from Rio Rancho NM. I recently moved (2 years ago) to NM from Alabama with my wife and young daughter. I have a short wheelbase 05 F150 with a small lift and 33's that I have owned for about 10 years. After moving, I began checking out some of the local offroad trails. I soon began planning offroading trails as part of weekend trips and have stumbled upon this "overlanding" group. I subscribe to some overlanding YouTube channels now and enjoy learning about it. To date I do not have any fancy gear, just regular tent camping stuff and a few small recovery items. My first overlanding trail was Ophir Pass between Silverton and Telluride, CO. However, my first real overlanding trip was the White Rim Trail in Canyonlands last year. My family and I have enjoyed these trips and I plan to continue to explore the wild west via overlanding.

Last edited:

SatComTyler

Rank 0

Traveler I

Hey everybody, my name is Tyler. Based in San Diego I have a 2001 XJ that I take out all over CA, AZ, and Mexico to date. I work in satellite communications and love supporting international offroad races and individuals looking to use technology to get the most out of offroad, offgrid, and offshore experiences. Hit me up with questions about anything Desert, XJ, Navigation, and Satellite Communications. I can help you find an economic route to stay connected via voice, text, and internet anywhere in the world! Here's a pic of our set up near Ojos Negros in Baja MXstreampic.jpg were we set up live streaming from drones for the 50th annual Baja 500.