Launch Member

Member III

Washington, DC
First Name
Heath
Last Name
Anderson
Member #

Hello everyone. Looking forward to getting to know folks in this community. As for introductions:

1) No rig and no pic at the moment. We are a husband and wife team wrapping up our homework on which vehicle is going to work best for us. Pic soon!
2) Location: Currently Washington, DC but anxiously awaiting our return to beautiful California
3) Rig: Soon - very soon
4) Overlanding Experience: Newbies but we are adventurers and always have been. Love the outdoors, traveling, seeing and experiencing new things and places.

Explore - Dream - Discover

Cpyonker

Rank III

Advocate II

I am turning 16 tomorrow and have been working on my first rig for the past 9 months or so.
I have always loved camping and exploring. My rig goal is a capable rig that is set up more for hardcore over landing.
Anyway, I currently am only allowed to do off-road parks and such. I may be going on my first overland trip in September.

2 inch RC leveling kit, z71 springs in the rear, beefy skid plates, 32s, and recovery gear.
220,000 miles

This is a never ending project haha.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited:

Horse Soldier

Rank V
Launch Member

Pathfinder I

Louisville Ky
First Name
B
Last Name
Davis
Member #

I have be watch the ob channel on YouTube and the website to see if this was the right place for me and I am happy to say it is. My name Barry and I have and appartment in Louisville my for work and 2 houses in Georgia. I have be to 27 countries for the military and personnel holiday. My experience is about middle of the road. Rigs 2003 landrover disco, 1999 xj, 1995 f350 crew cab with flatbed.

jljeepster

Rank I
Launch Member

Traveler I

IL
Hi Everyone,

Name is Alwin. Currently no rig. Had an outfitted LR3, but looking to what might be next. I live in the Chicago northern suburbs in IL. My experience is limited to off-road trails in Illinois, Wisconsin, Utah and Colorado, but without the camping. So, mostly day trips.

I am am here to learn from your experiences and get going on some longer trips that have more of and overland characteristic to it as I love the outdoors and taking pictures of landscapes and nature. If and when that all works, I would be happy to 'give back' in terms of experiences etc.

Looking forward to the experience!

Rrrtaz

Rank 0

Traveler I

Hi my name is Rich.
Rig: 2000 Dodge Durango
Experience: I've spent most of my life living the small town life: hunting, fishing, mudding, etc. Used to hunt bobcat with hounds up in snow country, so I've got a fair amount of off-road experience. Just recently started getting back into it, but decided as I've grown older, overlander sounds more attractive than playing in a mud hole. So I'm slowly trying to gear up my Durango in that direction. It's definitely a work in progress, ivI' only done a 2" lift with 33" bfg ko's so far. I'm basically a single parent so money is tight lol. Anyway glad to be a part of this community I've been scouring the forums and gathered a ton of ideas for what I want my rig to be when it grows up

Last edited:

Kent R

Executive Director
Staff member
Mod Team

Pathfinder III

El Dorado, Ca
First Name
Kent
Last Name
Reynolds
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K6KNT
Service Branch
Retired Firefighter
Hello my name is Jeff
Rig: 2018 Toyota Tacoma
Experience: Always loved camping. New to overlanding, and excited to see what adventures are ahead of me with my rig. View attachment 58490
Jeff welcome to Overland Bound!! Check the meet-up page to see what meet-ups are in your area I know the Santa Cruze group is getting started and thats not a huge distance from you.

Reactions: Bradb55

Wabbit

Rank V
Launch Member

Member III

Somewhere out yonder
First Name
Dave
Last Name
Bru
Member #

I am turning 16 tomorrow and have been working on my first rig for the past 9 months or so.
I have always loved camping and exploring. My rig goal is a capable rig that is set up more for hardcore over landing.
Anyway, I currently am only allowed to do off-road parks and such. I may be going on my first overland trip in September.

2 inch RC leveling kit, z71 springs in the rear, beefy skid plates, 32s, and recovery gear.
220,000 miles

This is a never ending project haha.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
What part of SE MI are you from? Born and raised in Detroit myself.

Reactions: GratefulFozzie

Bootleg

Rank I
Launch Member

Traveler I

12506 Cedarford Court, Huntersville, NC, USA
First Name
Brandon
Last Name
Hicks
Member #

Hey guys. I'm new here. I'm a relative novice to overlanding but I'm a big outdoors enthusiast that loves to camp, ride bikes, and be disconnected. I'm from Huntersville, NC and I drive a 2013 4Runner with some mild upgrades which include a 2.5" lift, full length Front Runner rack, and KO2s. I'm in the process of putting together my camping setup for myself, wife, 2 kids, and dog. I'm sure I'll stay pretty quiet until I get more knowledge under my belt.

Patriotoverlander

Rank II
Launch Member

Enthusiast I

Lancaster, PA, USA
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KC3MRS
Hey overlanders!

Rig: 2013 JK Jeep Wrangler Unlimited, Moab Edition
Experience: My experience of overlanding comes from the military and my deployments overseas. Which first introduced me to living out of vehicles and "exploring" . I'm looking forward to learning from all of you, making new friends, and introducing my family to the great outdoors.

She is a work in process

IMG_6068.JPG

Crampandgoslo

Rank I
Launch Member

Traveler I

North Carolina
Member #

Hi all
Native Virginian, ex-Michigan, ex-Washingtonian, now living in NC. No big adventures in South America or in African safaris (though i would like too) but have spent a number of years happily driving around and camping in the mountains and country in above states and more before I ever heard the word overlanding. Love the focus on good fun and adventure that's behind the word.
Started in an old Subaru, then Suburban, couple of 4Runners and for some time now my beloved FZJ80, a 1997 LX450 (not to mention countless bicycles). Its a beautiful country, continent and world and I love getting out in it.
Cheers

Crampandgoslo

Rank I
Launch Member

Traveler I

North Carolina
Member #

Hey guys. I'm new here. I'm a relative novice to overlanding but I'm a big outdoors enthusiast that loves to camp, ride bikes, and be disconnected. I'm from Huntersville, NC and I drive a 2013 4Runner with some mild upgrades which include a 2.5" lift, full length Front Runner rack, and KO2s. I'm in the process of putting together my camping setup for myself, wife, 2 kids, and dog. I'm sure I'll stay pretty quiet until I get more knowledge under my belt.
Nice pic from DuPont. One of my favorite places to ride outside of Pisgah

Crampandgoslo

Rank I
Launch Member

Traveler I

North Carolina
Member #

Hey overlanders!

Rig: 2013 JK Jeep Wrangler Unlimited, Moab Edition
Experience: My experience of overlanding comes from the military and my deployments overseas. Which first introduced me to living out of vehicles and "exploring" . I'm looking forward to learning from all of you, making new friends, and introducing my family to the great outdoors.

She is a work in process

View attachment 58507
Hi Patriot. Nice rig. and thanks a lot for your service

Justin Pratt

Rank I

Contributor III

hello all, new member here. located in San Leandro California. just picked up a gently used 2002 lexus LX470, spent plenty of time in 4 wheel drive during my 20 years hunting, camping and mudding in the hills of NW Oregon, but new to overlanding/offroading here in northern California. looking forward to interacting with this forum. lx470.jpg
my bone stock beauty, ready for some mild times in the dirt.

Kent R

Executive Director
Staff member
Mod Team

Pathfinder III

El Dorado, Ca
First Name
Kent
Last Name
Reynolds
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K6KNT
Service Branch
Retired Firefighter
Hi,

New member here.

Rig: Tundra TRD Pro
Experience: 2.5 years of weekend and vacation overlanding trips with my family.

Most of my trips are solo, but I'm exciting about joining this community and looking forward for multi-rig expeditions.

Welcome to Overland Bound!! There are several meet-up in your area, so if your interested check out the meet-up page of the forum.

Reactions: geekrig and Dwrld