Member Introductions *NEW MEMBERS INTRODUCE YOURSELF*

• HTML tutorial

SeaVan

Rank 0

Traveler I

Hi all, in the PacNW and sadly think my overland days are coming to a hiatus. I've signed up to sell our conversion van...just not getting the use out of it that it deserves. Wish we had found these forums a while back!

Reactions: Aussie571

LVCoffeeguy

Rank V
Launch Member

Pathfinder II

North Las Vegas, Nevada
First Name
Patrick
Last Name
Monson
Member #

Hello OB from Las Vegas
Rolling around in a 1998 Mercedes ML320
We are a camping and adventure family (me wife and two dogs) who love being in the mountains. We built Bruce(name of ML320) for our camping vehicle after it was given to us by my uncle. Looking forward to meeting up with people in the LV area. Always looking for suggestions on close camping/cruising spots!

Attachments

Mosesthemaker

Rank I
Launch Member

Member I

St Michaels, MD, USA
First Name
Moses
Last Name
Dane
Member #

Hello!
I just purchased the warn vr8-S winch and purchased the 92097 5K snatch block to go with it.. i'm getting mixed messages about combining these.
Here's my understanding and logic: I use the 8K winch with the 5K snatchblock doubling the winch pulling power, and i'm only winching a vehicle that's 3.5K. To my knowledge, this is perfectly fine because the 5K snatchblock is still within it's capacity pulling this small truck.

But some tell me that I need to match my ratings so i would need a higher rated snatch block to go with this winch. the 5K snatch block from warn was $60. the 12K one is double that and i was already reaching with the first so i'm not jumping to switch.

Anyone here want to weigh in on this? I'd love more input OR the RIGHT answer. Is my logic wrong?

Thanks!

Boulderex

Rank III
Launch Member

Enthusiast II

Las Vegas, NV 89131
Member #

Hello OB from Las Vegas
Rolling around in a 1998 Mercedes ML320
We are a camping and adventure family (me wife and two dogs) who love being in the mountains. We built Bruce(name of ML320) for our camping vehicle after it was given to us by my uncle. Looking forward to meeting up with people in the LV area. Always looking for suggestions on close camping/cruising spots!

Welcome! Check out a couple of the Vegas threads here: https://www.overlandbound.com/forums/threads/vegas.1051/page-8
and here: https://www.overlandbound.com/forums/threads/anyone-from-las-vegas-nevada.14685/#post-226315

Reactions: LVCoffeeguy

KMStrong76

Rank I
Launch Member

Member I

Wildomar. CA
First Name
Kevin
Last Name
Strong
Member #

IMG_0144.JPG View attachment 57999 View attachment 57999 Hello Yall, I'm Big Kev from So Cal area. I currently have a 2001 Jeep Wrangler Sport TJ. I do go rock crawling and I like to cruise the backroads too. Camping is always fun, and put the two together, and you got an adventure! I plan on getting a 2016 Ram 2500 diesel power for towing the Jeep and really getting out an exploring this great big beautiful world we live in. I'm in a Jeep and Off-Road Club called IE4W, Inland Empire 4 Wheelr's in San Bernardino, California. I have been off-roading and overlanding for 8 years now. I've learn that you don't have to buy the most expensive things to have a really great time. I also do two community pages on FaceBook, Overlandin' and Go Wheelin'. I look forward to meeting you all and enjoying the Overland Bound Community. Cheerio!

Josh Behrens

Rank 0

Contributor I

Huntington Beach, Ca
Member #

Hi all! My name is Josh from Huntington Beach, Ca and I drive a 2017 Toyota Tacoma TRD OffRoad. I have had the truck and my OB membership for about a year now and am finally getting onto the forum, super stocked to get out and meet other overlanders! I love camping, off roading, boating, fishing, shooting, hiking, and photography. The eastern Sierra's are generally where I am found exploring and taking pictures. I consider myself to have intermediate overlanding experience, that being said, my taco for the most part is stock as I have yet to find something it can't do. I look forward to getting out and meeting up with other members.

Attachments

Trbanks

Rank V
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

Spring Hill, FL
First Name
Tom
Last Name
Banks
Member #

Hello all. New member here from west central Florida. Driving a barely modified 17 ram big horn and pulling a Rockwood pop up camper with a sort of off road package under it. Look forward to getting to know y’all..

Traveler I

Hey everyone My names Jesse. I’ve been overlanding for a few years now, I have two kids who influenced my newest build. I’ve built a couple wrx rally cars in the past so I wanted to do something different for my Overland vehicle but I needed it to be comfortable and have enough room for the family on long trips. So I’m currently building a 2004 Subaru Outback. Great little wagon. I liked it enough i started daily driving it to the coal mine I work at. Haven’t done a lot yet mainly due to not having a lot of time off right now. But I do have a 2” lift and skid plates waiting to be put on as soon as I get time. Looking forward to talking with everyone!

Attachments

LVCoffeeguy

Rank V
Launch Member

Pathfinder II

North Las Vegas, Nevada
First Name
Patrick
Last Name
Monson
Member #

Hey everyone My names Jesse. I’ve been overlanding for a few years now, I have two kids who influenced my newest build. I’ve built a couple wrx rally cars in the past so I wanted to do something different for my Overland vehicle but I needed it to be comfortable and have enough room for the family on long trips. So I’m currently building a 2004 Subaru Outback. Great little wagon. I liked it enough i started daily driving it to the coal mine I work at. Haven’t done a lot yet mainly due to not having a lot of time off right now. But I do have a 2” lift and skid plates waiting to be put on as soon as I get time. Looking forward to talking with everyone!

Awesome! I will be following this one to see what you come up with. We have a 2010 Outback that I think in the next few years will be converted from a daily driver to a camping beast. Good luck!

ErroneousRex

Rank 0

Contributor I

Hello all,
Dan from Jacksonville, Florida here (although I'm writing this while in Paris). I've been a member since December 2016, but I have yet to introduce myself as I've been searching for the right replacement for my Audi A4. Finally, in March 2018 I found a 2004 Lexus GX470 with 117k Miles and KDSS and I have to say I absolutely love it. A perfect marriage of It is my DD but I plan on building it into a capable and comfortable weekend warrior with the potential for running longer trips a few times a year. So far I've been getting her up to speed on maintenance and small fixes and I ripped off anything killing my clearance (running boards, OEM mudflaps, tow package, etc.) but I have a ton of plans. I grew up doing a lot of camping and offroading, and I hiked and ventured a good bit while stationed in the mountains of New Mexico. I'll likely start a build thread once I start getting serious so keep an eye out!IMG_20180504_191553.jpg IMG_20180513_180543.jpg

Ryan Brown

Rank II
Launch Member

Contributor III

Maryland 20678
Member #

Hey guys! My name is Ryan and I’m from southern Maryland. Just bought my first 4x4, a 2014 Toyota 4Runner Trail Edition. I have ZERO overland I g experience, but it’s something I’ve always wanted to dive into. Camping and survival and off road vehicles have always been obsessions of mi e and I’m excited to finally get out there and actually do it!!