Launch Member

Member III

Verdi Nevada
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KI7RAM
Hi Everyone!

My name is Chris from Santa Barbara, CA

The Rig: 2016 Toyota 4Runner, SR5 4x4. In the beginning stages of building her up.

I have beginners experience with off roading and hoping to get better with my latest rig. This will be my 4th 4runner. I had the 2nd, 3rd, 4th, and now the 5th Gen 4Runner. What can I say, its an addiction.
I post some of my adventures on my IG as well. Feel free to check it out: _traveler_explorer_

View attachment 55703 View attachment 55704 View attachment 55703 View attachment 55704
Welcome. Good looking Rig.... good to see another 4Runner (I have the same one :sunglasses:). Looks like I can learn from your experience with the 4Runner. I'm still modifying mine.

Reactions: Stealth_Runner

Craze Marc

Rank I
Launch Member

Traveler I

New York
Member #

04362F98-F9F8-41C7-AFFE-0FA4D0EAE70E.jpeg Marcus here from Long Island New York. I was always fascinated by 4x4 off-roading and stumbled upon “Overlanding”. Love the outdoors and adventure and think Overlanding is the best of both. Currently have a stock 97 Mitsubishi Montero LS that’s in great condition...Love the truck and hope I can make it my rig for Overlanding

Heather B

Rank I
Launch Member

Traveler I

Colorado
Member #

1) Picture! (Taken in Moab last fall)
2) Location: Colorado
3) Rig: Jeep JKU
4) Overlanding Experience Background : I still consider myself novice, although I have been exploring Utah and Colorado for the past two years in my rig.

I look forward to learning alot from you all!
20776491_1619997358024570_6623461262705119621_o.jpg

Aussie571

Local Expert, Australia NSW

Builder II

Hillvue NSW, Australia
First Name
Adrian
Last Name
Altona
Member #

1) Picture! (Taken in Moab last fall)
2) Location: Colorado
3) Rig: Jeep JKU
4) Overlanding Experience Background : I still consider myself novice, although I have been exploring Utah and Colorado for the past two years in my rig.

I look forward to learning alot from you all!
View attachment 55949
Welcome! Nice rig..that's a bit of a weapon for sure!

Sent from my SM-T580 using OB Talk mobile app

Reactions: HappyOurOverlanding

bknorpp1

Rank I
Launch Member

Traveler I

Las Vegas, NV
Member #

IMG_6103.JPG Hello from Vegas Baby. My name is Ben, I am some what an Overland nerd who likes to be out doors. I am on my third Tacoma and am slowly gathering all the necessary parts to fit out my rig.

Current rig is a 2017 Toyota Tacoma TRD Off Road. Tan.

So far mounted on board are the following:
Total Chaos 2.5 King Racing with 650# Coil over springs on front
total chaos super control arms

In the near future there will be more added on.
I am somewhat an experienced Overland and have already done some travel. This next part of my life will start the experiences with my family and showing them that being out in the wild is nothing to fear....

thejerski

Rank 0

Traveler I

Not new to overlanding exactly spent some time in the CO mountains but no recent experience either. I'm in Eastern WV/Western MD
Current rig - 2000 P38 HSE. JUst bought it for next to nothing and you get what you pay for! Brakes are shot and of course the usual electrical gremlins. will be road worth by summer I'm hoping. Current mods so far are only coil conversion, but not done my me.
Previous: - 2001 4Runner - rusted to crap
Previous - 2001 Landrover Discovery 2 - Landrover happened

Last edited:

bknorpp1

Rank I
Launch Member

Traveler I

Las Vegas, NV
Member #

Not new to overlanding exactly spent some time in the CO mountains but no recent experience either. I'm in Eastern WV/Western MD
Current rig - 2000 P38 HSE. JUst bought it for next to nothing and you get what you pay for! Brakes are shot and of course the usual electrical gremlins. will be road worth by summer I'm hoping.
Previous: - 2001 4Runner

I have been all over the world with work. I use to work for the Oil companies and because of that I have been able to go and travel some amazing places... I have seem some amazing rigs out there from six wheeled Mans to Type 100 Land cruisers

Reactions: Graeman

budgetoverlander

Rank III
Launch Member

Traveler III

ottawa ontario
Member #

I'm Josh, located in Ottawa, Canada. After a couple years of dragging my grand caravan along the trails (it did surprisingly well for what it is), I got my '09 Jeep Liberty (KK) third hand. Electrical is my passion and career, so that's my favourite part to work on. The Jeep is in the early stages of the build, so I'm doing the old "break, improve, repeat" right now.
29417370_438374343263640_8582101477890195456_n.jpg

BuiltRight

Rank I
Launch Member

Traveler I

Minneapolis, MN
Member #

1. Picture - Just after a much-needed wash and installing my new tent!
2. I'm Matt, from in Minneapolis, MN
3. 2018 Ford F-150
4. Experience Level - Zero!

That said, I grew up spending my summers camping in the Boundary Waters and have made a career of building cars/trucks and designing/manufacturing parts for them, so overlanding is a natural fusion of my two passions. Not looking to get crazy (famous last words, I'm aware), just learn enough to get out and explore in a way that's comfortable and fun for my family!

Marble42

Rank 0

Traveler I

1. Picture - day after delivery - dropping off for line-x
2. I'm Brian, from Concord NC
3. 2018 Super Duty - primary purpose will be daily driver and tow-vehicle for an RV. Light - medium overlanding is a bonus.
4. Brand new to the whole concept of overlanding i.e. neophyte, however the concept is super appealing. Get outdoors and combine 4-wheeling with camping.

IMG_0060-1.jpg

BuiltRight

Rank I
Launch Member

Traveler I

Minneapolis, MN
Member #

1. Picture - day after delivery - dropping off for line-x
2. I'm Brian, from Concord NC
3. 2018 Super Duty - primary purpose will be daily driver and tow-vehicle for an RV. Light - medium overlanding is a bonus.
4. Brand new to the whole concept of overlanding i.e. neophyte, however the concept is super appealing. Get outdoors and combine 4-wheeling with camping.
Welcome, from the newbie right above you. Your truck is like the big brother to mine. Love the color!

Rob Hillis

Rank III
Launch Member

Advocate III

San Antonio, TX
First Name
Rob
Last Name
Hillis
Member #

Hey everyone! So I started out watching a few of Michael's videos years ago and every now and then I'd hop on OLB's website. Just became a member last week though. #12197! I'm completely new to overlanding and 4wheeling in general. I live in Texas so it sucks for public lands to Overland on.

I grew up camping. Families on both sides owned RV dealerships. My moms dad was one of the 1st Coleman Camping trailer dealers. We did a lot of camping back in the day. Mostly pop up campers.

I've been away from it for a lot of years but it's been calling me. I have an urge to just get back out there. I have a 2003 F150 Supercrew I just bought with only 93k miles on it. A real beauty. I'm looking forward to what the trail has in store for us.

I am technical writer by day and a portrait photographer when I'm not. I enjoy having a camera in my hands. Looking forward to connecting and making new friends. LRM_EXPORT_20180415_144307-01.jpeg20180501_154939.jpg

Sent from my SM-G955U using OB Talk mobile app