Member Introductions *NEW MEMBERS INTRODUCE YOURSELF*

• HTML tutorial

Sterlingmossy

Rank 0

Traveler I

1) Picture! If you have a rig, we want to see it!
The Africa Rig
2) Location (General area is fine)
Chicago IL and Teton Valley ID
3) Rig (Year, Make, Model, etc.)
Current: 2015 LR4 Base
4) Overlanding Experience Background (Novice or Experienced, you're welcome here!)
Biggest trips where riding a XL600 from Sidney to London and driving Series 3 Land Rover around Africa for three months.

[/QUOTE]

Reactions: Aussie571

Robinson97

Rank I

Contributor III

Isle of Wight, UK
First Name
Joe
Last Name
Robinson
Hey Guys,

Location- Isle of Wight, UK
Experience-None (Yet)
Rig-Nothing yet, looking around til I find the right thing.

Found this forum while looking for an ideal first rig and seemed like the perfect place to read up and get some knowledge!

CondorWJ

Rank I
Launch Member

Traveler I

Sacramento
Member #

-I live in the greater Sacramento, CA area.
-Rig is 1999 Jeep Grand Cherokee Laredo.
-I have quite a bit of back country experience but new to overlanding, haven’t had a rig in a few years due to life and being busy. Currently stock piling parts to build my rig and going through the engine. I’m a heavy duty technician for Ford, avid hunter and outdoorsman.

Attachments

fan of fanboys

Rank III

Influencer II

Hey everyone, new member

Columbia, SC

New to overlanding but want to dive in

1999 4runner

Will make a welcome thread later today with where I am with truck, where I want to be, and post some pictures

I have read few dozen threads on this forum and have found some great info

Look forward to being active member

Rubyredfozzy

Rank VI
Launch Member

Benefactor

Fort Mitchell, AL, USA
First Name
Aaron
Last Name
Welch
Member #

Hey everyone, new member

Columbia, SC

New to overlanding but want to dive in

1999 4runner

Will make a welcome thread later today with where I am with truck, where I want to be, and post some pictures

I have read few dozen threads on this forum and have found some great info

Look forward to being active member
Columbia is a nice area. When I lived there I had fun going out to gulches off road park. SC is a nice place to live. Blue ridge parkway isnt to far from there either. Welcome to the group.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G891A using OB Talk mobile app

Reactions: fan of fanboys

fan of fanboys

Rank III

Influencer II

Columbia is a nice area. When I lived there I had fun going out to gulches off road park. SC is a nice place to live. Blue ridge parkway isnt to far from there either. Welcome to the group.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G891A using OB Talk mobile app
Thanks, I am looking forward to finding areas to ride and enjoy. It is and will be my DD so light trails for fun, and hopefully with nice scenery, is the goal for now. Stoked I found this forum

Aussie571

Local Expert, Australia NSW

Builder II

Hillvue NSW, Australia
First Name
Adrian
Last Name
Altona
Member #

-I live in the greater Sacramento, CA area.
-Rig is 1999 Jeep Grand Cherokee Laredo.
-I have quite a bit of back country experience but new to overlanding, haven’t had a rig in a few years due to life and being busy. Currently stock piling parts to build my rig and going through the engine. I’m a heavy duty technician for Ford, avid hunter and outdoorsman.
Welcome from Australia fellow WJer!20180320_133514.jpg

Sent from my SM-T580 using OB Talk mobile app

Azn_Ang

Rank 0

Traveler I

Currently in Norfolk, Va. Born in Davenport, IA lived there for about 8 yrs moved to Erie, PA until 2005.
2000 Toyota 4Runner
Mostly off roading 1-2 day trips growing up. Trail riding and mudding is what i have grown up with. I wanted to get my kids into off roading/overlanding to get them in touch with nature and to have some of the best experiences I have had growing up.

Attachments

ChefGonzo

Rank I
Launch Member

Traveler I

Muncie, Indiana
Member #

Hi Everyone! I'm brand new to overlanding.. like seriously brand new! I own a pretty much stock 07 FJ Cruiser. My goal is to outfit my truck for an east coast to west coast trip that includes the Mojave Road. Anyways I'm thankful there is a group like this out there!

Mi V

Rank I
Launch Member

Traveler I

NC
Hey fellers. Just joined from NC but will be in northern Cali around the San Jose area soon. Complete noob. I have an 08 Tundra in the process of adding kings coilovers and shocks with 34.4's. Camper, tents, lockers, gearing, bumpers and winches, etc will have to be done in Cali. So, no pics yet.

Have a good one.

discodake

Rank I
Launch Member

Contributor I

Kansas City
Member #

Hello all I am excited to start some overlanding adventures with family. I am from Kansas City MO my rig is a 2003 Land Rover discovery 4.6l. I bought it in October with s blown motor and resleeved the block, Crower cam, and head studs. While I was waiting on the block to come back from the machine shop. I built the roof rack. Currently I have 1000 miles on it and have loved every minute of it.

Attachments

mikols0311

Rank 0

Traveler I

Howdy, all. I’m a new member that found out about overlanding within the last few months. I’ve been into camping my whole life, but the overlanding bug in particular has bitten me good.

I don't have a rig at this time, unless you count a 2017 Ford Escape a rig (I don’t), but that will be changing ASAP.

I’m looking forward to learning as much as I can in the meantime!

Mike

RoyaleConQueso

Rank I
Launch Member

Contributor I

Denver, CO
Member #

Hello Freinds! After a long 10 year break from car camping/overlanding, I have decided to dive right back in and continue adventuring! I’m very excited to be a part of this forum and the overlanding movement in general!

I am based out of Denver, Colorado and will spend most of this summer in the San Juan range.

My big, multi day rig is a 2017 Tacoma TRD Pro, with a few mods. I’m taking my time with accessories until I have some time to figure out what fits my needs! My small “rig” is a supercharged Ariel Nomad. More of a dune buggy than anything but it gets me and a tent to plenty of fun places.

I’m looking forward to being an active member on this site!

ChronicTaco

Rank 0

Traveler I

How well has that Tacoma been handling mild climbing? That is the Tacoma I been considering to get it has to be manual because I just don't trust the automatic transmission and besides last time I drove an automatic I just about tossed everyone out the front windshield when I went to stop at a light and mistook the brake pedal for the clutch........
The manual transmission is great and is fine Off Road if you are an experienced driver, makes the truck really fun to drive, and should be fairly robust. From my research it is similar design to the Hilux transmissions. Only thing I don't like about it is the reverse is geared a bit high.

Drifter

Rank 0
Launch Member

Traveler I

Los Angeles
Member #

Hello everyone,

New member here from SoCal. Fairly new to overlanding but excited for the adventures to come.

Had a Tacoma for 11 years, Ford F150 for 6 and just recently purchased a 2018 Power Wagon. Its gonna be fun.

Look forward to learning and exploring.

HEYElliott

Rank VI
Launch Member

Influencer II

Markham, Ontario, Canada
Member #

I'm new. Been overlanding for a little over a year. Living in Portland, OR. Originally from Northern British Columbia, Canada. Driving on dirt is like going home for me :-)

2008 Toyota Tundra with Bilstein 6112's on the front, 5160's on the back. +3/+1.5 suspension lift. Softopper, CB, etc. Waiting on new Rock Sliders from a local fabricator.
Welcome to OB, good to see more Canadians on here