Member Introductions *NEW MEMBERS INTRODUCE YOURSELF*

• HTML tutorial

Veteran03

Rank 0

Traveler I

Hey all the Overlanders I'm Veteran03 I'm a avid outdoorsman I love to fish, hunt, fourwheeling, and Dirtbike Riding. I'm 35 years old from Southern Tennessee I served in the military from 2001-2007 so I enjoy a challenge and like being in the company of like minded folks. Hope to see some of ya'll soon. I drive a 2002 Nissan Pathfinder and a Yamaha 230 dirtbike.20160403_150724-1.jpg

Kent R

Executive Director
Staff member
Mod Team

Pathfinder III

El Dorado, Ca
First Name
Kent
Last Name
Reynolds
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K6KNT
Service Branch
Retired Firefighter
Hakan From Concord California
2013 FJ Cruiser TT. Icon Stage1 fronts with Icon Over-landing springs in the back. 32 Gal Long range Replacement fuel tank. Baja Rack with SB RTT. Rotopax fuel cans. ARB drawer system. Damello front Bumper with TJM winch. Knock off snorkel... She is "almost" done.

Novice Overlanding Experience Background compared to many here, but we love getting out and enjoying the outdoors. Mostly local spots. Looking forward to meeting people and learning more about planning trips.
View attachment 54365
Welcome to OB from the Sierra Foothills Overlanders. You have some great meet-ups in the south bay that you might want to check out on the meet-up page on the forum.
Once again welcome and thats a nice looking rig.

Reactions: Road

Hakansf1

Rank II
Launch Member

Enthusiast I

Concord California
First Name
Hakan
Last Name
Akgul
Member #

Welcome to OB from the Sierra Foothills Overlanders. You have some great meet-ups in the south bay that you might want to check out on the meet-up page on the forum.
Once again welcome and thats a nice looking rig.
I’ll look you guys up. I work in the South Bay mostly these days.

Kent R

Executive Director
Staff member
Mod Team

Pathfinder III

El Dorado, Ca
First Name
Kent
Last Name
Reynolds
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K6KNT
Service Branch
Retired Firefighter
I’ll look you guys up. I work in the South Bay mostly these days.
You have several meet-ups in the south bay one is meeting tomorrow.

Colin

Rank I
Launch Member

Traveler I

Good Evening,
Used to have a 2013 Rubicon, did several Colorado Trail Vacations. Recently sold it and bought a 2017 Jeep Grand Cherokee Trail Hawk (more family friendly). We are just starting out in the Overland realm. Looking to eventually get a Turtle back trailer and start adventuring.

Reactions: Aussie571

TahoeTraveler

Rank I

Enthusiast I

Tahoe
First Name
Alex
Last Name
G
Hey Everyone,

Im new to the site and happy to be a part of this community! Looking forward to meeting some of you down the trail.
* Truckee, CA
* 2003 Toyota Sequoia (Work In Progress - To Come: Lift, Sleeping Platform Drawers, Wheels, And plenty more)
* As far as my overlanding experience goes I am an avid camper and coming over from the Rock Crawling world
IMG_4144.jpg

sar6008

Rank II
Launch Member

Enthusiast I

Perdido Key, FL
Member #

Rig: 2018 Toyota Tacoma TRD Off-road. All stock but getting the parts together to make her "sea worthy"
Very new to overlanding, but not new to adventure, camping and the outdoor preparedness

Attachments

Kent R

Executive Director
Staff member
Mod Team

Pathfinder III

El Dorado, Ca
First Name
Kent
Last Name
Reynolds
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K6KNT
Service Branch
Retired Firefighter
Hey Everyone,

Im new to the site and happy to be a part of this community! Looking forward to meeting some of you down the trail.
* Truckee, CA
* 2003 Toyota Sequoia (Work In Progress - To Come: Lift, Sleeping Platform Drawers, Wheels, And plenty more)
* As far as my overlanding experience goes I am an avid camper and coming over from the Rock Crawling world
View attachment 54412
Welcome from the Sierra Foothills Overlanders. FYI you have a meet-up in your area that you might want to check out. Great group of people.

https://www.overlandbound.com/forums/threads/reno-overlanding-monthly-meet-up-04-25-2018.14023/

Reactions: TahoeTraveler

uss

Rank V
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

Odessa TX
First Name
Todd
Last Name
Ockert
Member #

Hello everyone. Found the site after my buddy @Del Albright told me about it.
We have a 2004 Jeep TJ with a few mods on it for mostly rock crawling in the Sierra's.

We moved to Texas from Cali the end of Dec.
I work in oil and gas and this was a company move to the booming area of our business.

Need to figure out how to post a picture yet from my computer.

We are still working to get to know the folks here in Texas for off-roading and overlanding.
Overlanding is something new to us, and I really think not different than what we are use to.
Camp out in the backcountry and then go play on the trails in the area.

Thanks for having us.
Hope to be able to help the new folks learn something.

Thanks

TahoeTraveler

Rank I

Enthusiast I

Tahoe
First Name
Alex
Last Name
G

Bakon

Rank 0

Contributor I

20180421_102402.jpg 20180416_194334.jpg 20180416_194334.jpg 20180421_102402.jpg
Howdy folks!
I was just approached by a gentleman at the car wash this morning about the solar shower on my roof (sorry didn't grab your name). He told me about this website, so i figured id give it a shot.
I drive a 2010 nissan frontier with a few small upgrades
-Solar shower
-100w solar panel power setup
-onboard air & levelling bags

I don't have a ton of overloading experience. But I've been camping my whole life, and in the last few years trying to get the hard-to-reach spots. Ive been a Diesel mechanic for about a decade, last 6 years at Arnold Bros. Travel photography on the side. i don't have facebook but ya'll can check me out on instagram @craspybakon

Adam Blust

Rank 0
Launch Member

Traveler I

Louisville KY
Member #

Hello,
Adam here, transitioning from avid backpacker to overlander.
Rig: 18 Tacoma 4x4
Experience: Camping = decades; Driving off-road = very very little

Ashton

Rank IV

Pathfinder I

Near the Rubicon
First Name
Hari
Last Name
See Above
First timer. Don't think I can post rig pics.

1994 Dodge 2500 LD 5.2l magnum stock
Somewhere in North Cali, for now.
I've posted elsewhere, but probably have read up all their interesting content and don't particularly like change, so not super thrilled with the new forum layout they adopted.

Have a good day. Stay Unorthodox.

Kent R

Executive Director
Staff member
Mod Team

Pathfinder III

El Dorado, Ca
First Name
Kent
Last Name
Reynolds
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K6KNT
Service Branch
Retired Firefighter
First timer. Don't think I can post rig pics.

1994 Dodge 2500 LD 5.2l magnum stock
Somewhere in North Cali, for now.
I've posted elsewhere, but probably have read up all their interesting content and don't particularly like change, so not super thrilled with the new forum layout they adopted.

Have a good day. Stay Unorthodox.
Welcome to OB from the Sierra Foothills Overlanders. Check out our meet up page.
https://www.overlandbound.com/forums/threads/sierra-foothills-monthly-ob-meetup-11-21-2017.10663/

Adventure Hawk

Rank I
Launch Member

Traveler I

Carlsbad, CA, USA
First Name
Ryan
Last Name
Molinaro
Member #

1. Long Beach, CA......But grew up in New Jersey and lived in Iowa for 5 years.

2. 2017 Toyota 4Runner and 1999 Toyota Land Cruiser. The 4Runner was just purchased because the Land Cruiser's motor went down due to a big mistake by the mechanic. Once this is fixed it will either go up for sale or be built up. I was able to find a nearly new 4Runner that was in the process of being built and purchased it from a private party(thank you Trevor). I will keep the build going but I am grateful of the good start and a I did a few things off the bat.
3. Novice to overlanding, but have been offroading either by motorcycle or 4 wheels since a young kid. Love to camp, we plan to keep getting our kids into the wilderness and experience exploration. Adventure is a part of my life. Both professionally and personally I strive to embrace the unknown and step into it.

I am looking forward to this site being able to help guide me with questions and be a part of the community. Being that I live in Southern California I want to be able to get my family out into locations near and far from here. I hear of the places that are in the area, but I don't know where to start. I am going to go for it and reach out here for some help when needed. I want to thank the founders and the community that keeps up this site and for providing a place for people like myself to start. I can easily align with the principles that this community follows.

-Ryan IMG_0128.JPG