Member Introductions *NEW MEMBERS INTRODUCE YOURSELF*

• HTML tutorial

BigFisch50

Rank 0

Traveler I

Florida
Hey guys. Always been into the outdoors. Kind of a similar story to some, life happened and I forgot all about it. Stumbled across Overland Bound one day on YouTube and been hooked ever since. I’m currently a civilian contractor overseas, so I’m saving money to start on a rig. Figured I’d join the forum to up my knowledge on overlanding as I’ve always been a waking/rocking outdoor kind of guy. Look forward to meeting and getting to know y’all.

Reactions: Aussie571

No0ob overlander

Rank I
Launch Member

Traveler I

Missouri
First Name
David
Last Name
Wise
Member #

Hi, Dave here.

1. Southern Missouri on the Ozark Plateau

2. Bone stock 2017 Hyundai Santa Fe Sport 2.4 AWD (for now)

I'm new here and new to overlanding. Been off roading for over 20 years. I've had big mud trucks, small 4x4 trucks, and a SUV or two... But, while it's fun to go mudding, it just never held my interest and I'm more into the idea of tread light now that I'm older and have more of an appreciation for nature and it's fragility. I've always been fascinated by the teams of overlanders crossing Africa and the Australian outback, I love the outdoors and always have, I love photographing the beautiful landscapes. I figured, why not here in the states? So I looked into it, and it turns out that it's a thing! I'm hooked. I spent this weekend in the Mark Twain National Forest, and I'm not sure it truly qualified as an overlanding trip but my wife and I logged 150 miles off of the pavement. I need to build a rig, thinking about a Grand Cherokee, 99-04, 32s, 4in lift.

Paul Flores

Rank 0
Launch Member

Traveler I

Loganville, Georgia
Member #

8DD9941C-17D6-49A9-80F8-C92646ED4A35.png
New Members,

Welcome to the Overland Bound community! Please take a few moments to introduce yourself so we can get to know you!

A few things you might want to include in your introduction are:

1) Picture! If you have a rig, we want to see it!
2) Location (General area is fine)
3) Rig (Year, Make, Model, etc.)
4) Overlanding Experience Background (Novice or Experienced, you're welcome here!)

We're glad you've found us and look forward to sharing our adventures with you!

In addition to getting to know you, here are the guideline sent to all Moderators of the forums. It's a natural reflection of our community, and what Overland Bound is all about:

From @administrator
  • Overlanding is: "Vehicle Dependent Travel". Nothing else.
  • We will not further define "overlanding".
  • "Capable" depends on the requirements of the trip, and we take that very seriously.
  • You are an Overlander: Overlanding is for everyone who has exploration and adventure in their heart, or, who need to be reinvigorated by connecting with nature. Nature is unforgiving. You must rise to a certain level of personal awareness to survive. Sound right? Overlanding is for you.
  • Encourage uncomplicated ventures into the great outdoors. Don't over pack.
  • Be prepared, and understand basic requirements. Question folks, to be sure they are aware of what is required. Don't assume.
  • Share without reservation, trip locations, and information.
  • It doesn't matter what you drive: The only requirement of an Overlander is that the vehicle serves the job required, safely.
  • We do not care about make or model.
  • We do not engage in "this is better than that" competitions.
  • We DO give advice about how to make your vehicle ready for what you need. Share knowledge.
  • Humility.
  • We respect, fear, and protect nature.
  • "I don't know" is a great answer.
  • We don’t brag about exploits.
  • We seek answers from the community when we don’t know.
  • We engage in the very smallest of interactions.

Hello and thanks for having me. Im new to overlanding but not to a life in the outdoors. Im excited to combine the two which is what brought me here to you all. Looking forward to metting new folks in my area and learning more about ways to incorporate my love for the mountains and my love for my truck.
2013 Toyota 4Runner SR5 4WD

MNTNSK8R

Rank 0

Traveler I

SD, CA
Hi, Matt here.

1. Santa Ana, CA

2. 2004 4Runner pretty much stock. Looking to turn it into a convenient adventure mobile. Nothing serious, just the roof rack (possibly with a tent in the future), maybe some drawers in the cargo area. I own the 4Runner for a couple of month and it opens so many new roads...starting to realize how dumb was I with my ex stanced out Civic. I literally couldn't drive normally with my buddies on the back seat and some stuff in the trunk.

KingFlySC

Rank II
Launch Member

Contributor III

Duncan South Carolina
Member #

4DED6047-D70E-458D-B975-F10CE00F4524.jpeg Name’s Justin.

Vehicle: 2006 Jeep LJ. Stock aside from a Kargo Master rack system. Plans include OME suspension and 33’s along with bumpers sliders and other assorted protection and accessories.

Experience with Overlanding: Novice.

My first vehicle was a Jeep XJ and I’ve had various 4x4’s over the years, 2 xj’s, an fj62, ‘77 J10, and now this LJ. I’ve been camping, hunting, and fishing my whole life but just now combining all that into a vehicle based adventure platform. Just did a trip to the Everglades and the Keys camping, and a few overnight trips here local up near lake Jocassee. Looking forward to learning, meeting new people and adding more trips and experiences to the list.

Marn

Rank IV

Enthusiast III

Reno, NV
Hi Everybody!

Glad to be here, just went out on a trip this weekend with many fine Overland Bound members. Looking forward to participating in more runs and meeting more great folks.

I'm located in Reno, NV
Currently I have a 1973 Wagoneer that I have been improving for years.
Not a ton of experience at off grid vehicle camping, but plenty of camping, wheeling, backpacking, exploring experience.
14045927_10101023045765118_1523920493422413957_n.jpg

Hi all,
New to this, I've had my Land Rover Discovery for about 12 years and have covered most of Europe, unfortunately 300,000 miles later its now rebuild time, so its looking like the Disco is going to get some overland loving. Its going to be a long process but my aim is for me and my wife to cover all of America from top to bottom,
i've been listening to your podcasts and i find it very informative keep up the good work.

This is my Disco (on the right)
IMG_0853.JPG

Last edited:

4WLO

Rank 0

Traveler I

Hi All,

NAME: Will
RIG: '99 Toyota 4Runner
Started out as the family ride but now it's all mine. Funds are tight so upgrades are few and far between. Slowly but surely I'll get it right.
EXPERIENCE: Mudding, Riding old logging roads and railways, Camping, Backpacking, canoeing.....being outside. Love driving and learning to be better at it. Hope to wrap all these things up into this new adventure.

,4WLO

ChronicTaco

Rank 0

Traveler I

hello, new member from British Columbia. Currently driving a 2018 Tacoma TRD Off Road with manual transmission, a-trac, and rear locker. last rig was a 2014 JK 2 door, very fun on the trails but not very practical for anything else, loving the Tacoma so far!

Graeman

Rank V
Launch Member

Off-Road Ranger I

Catalina Avenue, Tucson, AZ, USA
First Name
Todd
Last Name
Hoffmaster
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KJ7CRJ
Service Branch
Air Force
Hello Everyone, We are Nikki and Hugh (AKA K9Overland). Our home base is our 2017 JKU (3rd overland vehicle) and we have been overlanding for quite some time. We are currently in NH but are heading out to the southwest (Utah/AZ) to find a new place to call home base and open up a dog training/boarding facility as well as teaching some survival courses. We have a beautiful Shepherd/Wolf mix (Lily) who goes with us everywhere. We do a lot of hiking so we tend to have a more minimalist style of overlanding. We are a zero impact style of overlander and always leave our sights better than we found them. We have a habit of cleaning dirty campsites we see so our biggest problem tends to be where to store all the exes trash we pick up until we can dump it. Pleasure to meet everyone and we look forward to meeting new friends and contributing to the community here. Oh and here is our HOME!
Welcome, If you like cleaning up after others when camping then AZ is the place for you. lol. If you want 4 seasons and beautiful country then UT is for you. AZ has a lot of careless campers & appliance trash shooters that ruin the desert for everyone else. Good luck with your choice as both states have a vast outdoors to play in.

MTNYOTA

Rank V
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

Reno, NV
First Name
Richard
Last Name
M
Member #

Hi Everybody!

Glad to be here, just went out on a trip this weekend with many fine Overland Bound members. Looking forward to participating in more runs and meeting more great folks.

I'm located in Reno, NV
Currently I have a 1973 Wagoneer that I have been improving for years.
Not a ton of experience at off grid vehicle camping, but plenty of camping, wheeling, backpacking, exploring experience.
View attachment 54668
Welcome on board [emoji1]

Sent from my SM-N950U using OB Talk mobile app

Traveler I

Glad to have found this site, I am very excited to learn from you guys/gals and hopefully I will be able to share some good knowledge to the group. I am from Renton Washington, I have a lifted 2006 Jeep Commander AWD with the HEMI engine and 2005 Ford Excursion 4x4 6.0 powerstroke diesel that i can use for overlanding. I am new to overlanding.

Will I Am

Rank IV
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

Layton, Utah
Member #

DSC01054.JPG
New Members,

Welcome to the Overland Bound community! Please take a few moments to introduce yourself so we can get to know you!

Hi Everyone new here from Utah, been going off the beating path avoiding formal camp grounds almost forever My rigs have always been Toyota since I was a Toyota Mechanic in early days current Rig 2007 Toyota FJ with 6 speed manual has been great but have that itch to get into something else so the FJ is moving on soon. (Not selling here have local buyer) Thinking along the lines to get the new Tacoma and take it from there.DSC01054.JPG 2010-08-12_19-00-50_29.jpg

Groot

Rank I
Launch Member

Traveler I

Bozeman, MT
Member #

NAME: Caleb
RIG: '17 Toyota Tacoma TRD Offroad DCLB. Mostly stock for now, but not for long...
EXPERIENCE: Fairly new to overlanding, but use my rig to go all sorts of places to go whitewater kayaking and backcountry skiing!
20171020_183736.jpg

Will I Am

Rank IV
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

Layton, Utah
Member #

hello, new member from British Columbia. Currently driving a 2018 Tacoma TRD Off Road with manual transmission, a-trac, and rear locker. last rig was a 2014 JK 2 door, very fun on the trails but not very practical for anything else, loving the Tacoma so far!
How well has that Tacoma been handling mild climbing? That is the Tacoma I been considering to get it has to be manual because I just don't trust the automatic transmission and besides last time I drove an automatic I just about tossed everyone out the front windshield when I went to stop at a light and mistook the brake pedal for the clutch........

Reactions: ChronicTaco