• HTML tutorial

Sheepdog831

Rank V
Launch Member

Influencer II

Boulder Creek CA
Member #

Hello to all !
I go by Ditch and my OB No. is 11984. I am in Southeastern Pennsylvania and have a mind to learn much here (if I only had a mind.)
I am hoping that my name does not become a reality for my rig. I truly want to keep it out of the ditch. That HEMI gives the truck other ideas though.
Thank goodness for guardrails.
I drive a 2016 Dodge Ram Rebel (pics forthcoming as I learn how to load them). I have just started to dress it out. My first step was to remove the side rails on the bed and have an ARE cap installed as I am a gear junkie.
I would like to do more traveling as this country is so beautiful, so hopefully I will have an opportunity to share a fireside chat with other members.
Welcome from The Santa Cruz Mountains in California!

Sheepdog831

Rank V
Launch Member

Influencer II

Boulder Creek CA
Member #

Brand new the forum. Been lurking in the world of overland adventure now for several years. Recently picked up a new Jeep and knew I needed to make things more official by becoming a member. I've been to the Overland Expo before, and I'm very impressed with all of the setups and the people who attended. Planning to attend the West Expo in May with my wife.

I live in the Phoenix, AZ area and have experienced Arizona from the seat of dirt bikes and adventure motorcycles. The idea of getting the Jeep was to begin doing more four-wheeled adventures and bringing along my wife and family when possible so they can begin to see what the this great state has to offer. I also hope to spend my retirement traveling and exploring.

My jeep details are in my signature. Pic is from the first dirt trip up Cherry Creek Road to hike the indian ruins in the area.

View attachment 53789

ben
Welcome Ben!

Reactions: armourbl

DLWilson

Rank I
Launch Member

Traveler I

Flemington, NJ
Member #

6232B5DB-0DC5-486B-9F4B-7783989FF6F8.jpeg

Hello everyone!

I'm new to the forum but have already become a member. I've lurked the forum, listed to the podcasts, and pined for more outdoor interaction the last few years. I am originally from Central Washington/ Northeast Oregon but the Military life (Marine Corps then Coast Guard) has found me retired in Central New Jersey. When I was young I spent a lot of time camping or just taking day trips up into the woods with family or friends. Now I have two young ones and I know they are missing that outdoor element in their life! They cant't wait to go camping this summer and I can't wait myself! I also look forward to chatting with you all and , hopefully, becoming a helpful member in the forums.

1) See above
2) Flemington, NJ
3) 2010 Tacoma Dble Cab Off-road
4) Overlanding Experience Background: I'd say novice, but I've been reading, listening to podcasts, and watching videos for over two years. Now I just have to get out there...
5) Interests: My Kids, My Wife, Photography, and the PC/Xbox games :tonguewink:

Last edited:

emBARK

Rank 0

Contributor I

Hi from far western NY! I'm pretty new, but have been lurking for awhile.

1) Chautauqua county, NY
2)2010 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon, 4" lift w/ 35s
3)I'm def a novice. I semi comfortable off road as I've been driving Jeeps for quite awhile now, but my son being born 5 years ago, and daughter 3, has turned it into more of a mall crawler. Now that they are getting older we love exploring fire roads and light trail duty. We really want to add some proper overlanding into the equation.

urzah

Rank I
Launch Member

Traveler I

Traverse City, MI
Member #

Hi everyone! Thought I'd stop by to say hello to my fellow Overlanders!

1) No picture yet but will update as I build it.
2) Traverse City, MI (originally from Western Maine)
3) 2017 Toyota Tacoma TRD Off-Road (no mods yet, but new hangers and shackles on their way!)
4) Currently no real overlanding experience, so definitely a novice. Love hiking, biking, camping and exploring so it was a natural progression for me. I would say I fell in love with the idea sometime late last year when a friend of mine called me up at 10pm asking for helping getting unstuck from the sand. Was eager to help and really enjoyed my first recovery event (no one was injured and the vehicles were unharmed)!

Thanks and hope to meet more of you on my future adventures.

Increscent Adventures

Rank II
Launch Member

Enthusiast I

New Hampshire
First Name
Derek
Last Name
Brown
Member #

Hello everyone, my name is Derek. I obviously just joined today but I’ve been reading the forums for a while. I decided to join today as I plan on taking a cross country road trip with my kids this summer. I am currently outfitting my vehicle. So far I have found the advice on the site to be extremely valuable.

1. No pics yet but I will post them soon.
2. I am from Central New Hampshire
3. I have a 2013 Toyota Tundra CrewMax. OME lift is being installed. I have ICON wheels and will be running BFGoodrich ATKOs. I also have an ARE cap. I am in the process of ordering a RTT, which I will mount on the cap.
4. I am a novice to the Overlanding world but have experience with hiking, camping and have built several different vehicles. Now I just need to put it all together.

DETaco

Rank II
Launch Member

Enthusiast I

Delaware
Member #

Hey guys! Very new around here!

1)IMG_1712.JPG
2) Southern Delaware
3) 2012 DCLB Tacoma
4) Novice is probably best suited for me haha. I've been in love with toyotas since I was a little guy and now I've finally gotten the truck of my dreams and can't wait to test it out further!

N215XO

Rank 0

Traveler I

Hi all - long time 4x4 guy - '85 CJ7, '72 and '77 Broncos, '97 Ranger, '00 Tacoma and 3 4Runners '02, '05 and '06.

Current rig is a 2006 sport edition; I'm the original owner. Icon suspension, Konigs and 32' Duratracs. Beefed up this and that. Quicksand paint. Eezi-Awn roof rack.

I'm planning a trip in the west this September with some high school buddies and thought this forum might be a good resource. I live in Los Angeles and we're thinking PNW, CA, Nevada, Utah etc. We've set aside 8 days - Saturday to Saturday - leaving from LA. Would love some thoughts! The second rig on the trip is a '17 stock Silverado 4x4. Idea is to get faaaar away from people and deep in to nature. We'd like a couple days to just chill and hike, fish, shoot, star gaze, whatever suits the location. Not looking to drive long distances every day. Would love some suggestions!

Here are more pics and details of my truck - https://www.instagram.com/n215xo/

Thanks!

Attachments

HIALT2D

Rank VI
Launch Member

Member III

Orange County, CA
First Name
Glen
Last Name
Stanley
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
WA6AAB
Hi All,

Brand new to the forum and looking forward to participating.
Rig: 2014 Ford Explorer Sport
Experience: moderate
Welcome........... Be sure to keep an eye out for the next OC Group meet-up in Irvine. Should be on May 5th. It's a great way to meet other overlanders in the area.

Reactions: spoonible and Ncat

Mark2Mister2

Rank III

Enthusiast II

San Mateo
Hi all!

Guess I should introduce myself!

IMG_1137.JPG

Bay Area, California.

2011 4runner Trail Edition.

I’m very much a novice. Some high light trips include Discovery Trail, Plumas National Forest, and Mojave Road. However, those were all run in an 80. Looking forward to new adventures in the 4Runner and hopefully meeting a few of you all.

Sent from my iPhone using OB Talk

SoDak

Rank I
Launch Member

Traveler I

Sioux Falls, SD
Member #

Hey Everyone,

I'm not overly new to overlanding, i just didn't know it had a word (let alone a whole community of people behind it). I've participated in various activities that made up overlanding, from long long road trips, to camping all the time as a kid with my family, to driving through a whole bunch of various fire trails in the Black Hills of South Dakota.

Well, over the last few years, my daily driver started to get old and as I looked for a replacement, my kids started to get old enough to go camping as well. So I started to look into combining some of my favorite activities, exploring, camping, the outdoors and my family. And that's how I came across various YouTube channels, online resources and ultimately this website.

So, just over a few weeks ago, my daily driver died on my (2002 Ford Taurus, 175k miles, ran like a top, but nothing else really worked) and just last week I pulled the trigger on a 2018 Toyota Tacoma. My first car in high school was an 86 Toyota Truck and I kind of always wanted another one.

IMG952018041295093847.jpg

I currently reside in the upper Midwest, Eastern South Dakota

As I said, I'm not overly new to the idea of overlanding, but definitely consider myself a novice in putting it altogether.

My greatest learning curve is that I'd like to camp/overnight off of the beaten path and for the foreseeable future, I'll probably be a weekend warrior. Not sure what's really available up here in the midwest besides the official state park camping spots.

Overall, pretty excited for the future ahead.

Kevwood

Rank 0

Traveler I

Hello to all. I've been interested in the off road travel/ exploring idea for a few years. I am now ready to jump in to learning as much as possible and getting out to see the country. I have hiked and camped in Alaska, Colorado, North Carolina, Georgia and a few other places. I love the mountains, even though I live in southwest Florida.
About a month ago I got a 2001 montero and am currently going through the truck on some maintenance, but am daily driving it. I'm planning on heading up to the Pisgah nf in November.