Member Introductions *NEW MEMBERS INTRODUCE YOURSELF*

• HTML tutorial

Willmh3

Rank V
Launch Member

Advocate III

Tennessee Colony, Texas
Member #

Hello everyone, my name is Matt and I just joined tonight and live in Southern California. I have a 94 Jeep Wrangler. It was my college vehicle, and I decided to make a few upgrades although there is no lift. Time to get it dusty! I love dirt fire roads and small stream crossings, but I'm not a fan of super steep hills or rocks. I'm not a newbie, but also not very experienced. I'm excited to be a new member. #11680

View attachment 53024

Thats a great TBT rig. Don't see to many people rocking the chrome on Jeeps anymore. Welcome.

Ronald Miranda

Rank III
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

18.465161, -69.953888
Member #

View attachment 52981 I have been lurking around for a while, and decided to register and become an emblem member today. Already a member of the NY Overland Bound FB group

Name: Deep
Rig: 1999 modified Jeep Grand Cherokee
Experience: Off-Road, Severe Weather rescue, Trail riding, rock crawling. I drive to get to the views, and be with nature, but don't have experience in extended stay vehicle setup
Welcome, its nice to see some WJ's around here!

Reactions: Sarab Loh

JimInBC

Rank V
Launch Member

Pathfinder I

Southern Vancouver Island
First Name
Jim
Last Name
Freer
Member #

Found this site on YouTube,
My name is Shayd, I am a photographer from Vancouver, Canada.
My rig is a 1985 Toyota BJ60, 5 speed with 570,000 kms
Frontrunner Outfitters roofrack kit with RTT, surfboard mount and a couple of storage boxes, OME 2" heavy lift with 33" AT's & ARB front bumper.
New to overlanding, but lived in my cruiser off and on last year, going as far as Southern California & through the Canadian Rockies. Wealth of knowledge on overland, backroads on Vancouver Island and a bit near Vancouver.
Cheers!
Shayd, Welcome from another new person on the board. Looks like a nice ride. I have been on VI for about 9 years but finally am having time to get more off the beaten path. Any recommendations, especially lower or mid island would be great.

Reactions: Carlosiris

William M. W.

Rank II
Launch Member

Enthusiast I

Fayetteville, AR
First Name
William
Last Name
Walker
Member #

Hello Overland Bound,
I'm just starting my entrance into this new world of off asphalt fun. I have always been an outdoors kind of person but stuck sports cars when behind the wheel. So how did I end up here you might ask? I was riding with someone at the end of 2016 that struck a tree going about 60mph and found that the risk was not worth the reward. I drove my car for almost a year not being able to enjoy it in the same way, thus it went up for sale and I moved into a truck. I fell in love all over again. It had been over a year since having that wonderful state of flow and bliss while driving but finally, I felt it again. It happened to be while navigating some backroads that nobody had been on in ages dodging trees, over rocks, and through creeks. That was the moment that I knew I had made the right decision of moving away from the sports car. From then on I have spent the last 4 months dedicating my free time to learning everything I could about this new world. So, here I am! I look forward to learning from all of you and slowly becoming more and more capable during my adventures.

Rig: 2017 Toyota, Tacoma, TRD Off-Road
Experience: Novice

IMG_9288.jpg

Billylaabs

Rank II
Launch Member

Enthusiast I

Cherryville, NC
First Name
Billy
Last Name
Laabs
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KN4AIJ
Hello everyone, the name is Billy and live in NC. My story goes something like; over landing came to me as I was looking for something to watch on utube and got hooked. As a kid I done some camping and as I got older done some fishing, climbing and other stuff but then I got out of shape. Now, that the shape of round is not working for me, it back to the outdoors that I loved before. My rig started with a 90 Jeep xj Cherokee with a reman engine but soon found it had frame damage, so we picked up a 93 Jeep zj Grand Cherokee, well just say it's a parts Jeep now after someone pulled in front of my girlfriend. I loved the ride and looks of that zj, I joked with someone that was sick of theirs, well she sold it to me. With a ton of work ahead of me I'm hopeful to do a test outing soon.

Googledave

Rank I
Launch Member

Traveler I

Rhinebeck, NY
Member #

A77DD0AD-D1B7-42A7-BACD-82C1150C6006.png AE0812CD-6C5A-4692-893B-C36AB9E6C7C3.png Hi Everyone, brand new member here... getting back into overlanding after spending a few years rockcrawling... been overlanding since the 90’s (before overlanding was overlanding... )with 73 Land Rover series III and a bunch of jeeps. Latest rig a 97 fzj80 that I just started building. .. super psyched to see this community and this website!

Eadventure

Rank I
Launch Member

Traveler I

Riverside
Member #

Hello everyone, my wife and I are avid campers and hikers. We enjoy spending time in the outdoors. A few months back we purchased an older but very stable Ford F350, she has taken us on several trips to Mammoth, off-roading Big Bear and our most favorite trip as of today was 3 days on the Mojave Road with family. We are currently planning overnight trips with plans for overlanding through Utah next spring. We have spent time figuring how we wanted to set up our rig and are slowly fitting her with everything we will need. As you can see we are hooked! It's amazing how many places are just around the corner and how little it takes to enjoy the outdoors.

After our last trip I finished the roof rack and we installed the new tent.

Attachments

Don B Scurd

Rank I
Launch Member

Traveler I

Martinez, CA
Member #

Martinez, California
1997 Toyota FZJ80
Novice

With 3 kids all under 8 the wife and I have been planning on doing more outdoor type activities, aside from our annual trips up to Tahoe during the Winter.

Camping as a young Boy Scout and numerous trips with real outdoor adventurous grandparents, those were some of my best childhood memories!

I now would like my own young family to have an opportunity to enjoy the outdoors in ways even I have yet to experience.

Attachments

Kent R

Executive Director
Staff member
Mod Team

Pathfinder III

El Dorado, Ca
First Name
Kent
Last Name
Reynolds
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K6KNT
Service Branch
Retired Firefighter
Welcome from the Sierra Foothills Overlanders OB Meet-up, great way to get into the sport is to attend local meet-ups, check the meet up page and calendar to see whats happening in your area.

Reactions: Don B Scurd

Big Jake

Rank I
Launch Member

Traveler I

Midland Texas
Member #

Hello everyone, my name is Jake. I recently moved the family to Texas from NW New Mexico where we did frequent trail rides in the surrounding hills and especially in the Colorado mountains. Texas has many great qualities but a significant lack of mountains and trails to explore. I currently drive an '09 Wrangler Rubicon JKU. Before that I drove an '06 Wrangler, a '77 CJ5, and a '71 Bronco. However, my family has outgrown the Jeep so I'll be looking for something else soon. I've done a fair amount of off roading and camping. I'd classify myself as maybe a middle of the (dirt) road overlander.

Reactions: Aussie571

Kent R

Executive Director
Staff member
Mod Team

Pathfinder III

El Dorado, Ca
First Name
Kent
Last Name
Reynolds
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K6KNT
Service Branch
Retired Firefighter
Martinez, California
1997 Toyota FZJ80
Novice

With 3 kids all under 8 the wife and I have been planning on doing more outdoor type activities, aside from our annual trips up to Tahoe during the Winter.

Camping as a young Boy Scout and numerous trips with real outdoor adventurous grandparents, those were some of my best childhood memories!

I now would like my own young family to have an opportunity to enjoy the outdoors in ways even I have yet to experience.
Welcome from the Sierra Foothills Overlanders OB Meet-up, great way to get into the sport is to attend local meet-ups, check the meet up page and calendar to see whats happening in your area.

Reactions: Don B Scurd

spoonible

Rank V
Launch Member

Enthusiast II

Southern CA
Member #

Hello there! I’m Steve from Huntington Beach and figured it’s about time I’ve made myself know on these forums after lurking for the past year. I drive a ‘96 Land Cruiser with a quarter million miles and its fair share of shakes and rattles.

Landscape and nature photography is my passion, so the truck is a tool, enabling me to get to those places to catch the sunrise or the snowcaps in my photos. As such, I’ll probably be spending some time in the Photography section of these here forums.

I’m a novice when it comes to off-roading, mainly sticking to desert or forest roads, and the occasional mountain pass. I do much of my trips solo, but enjoy the idea of traveling with a couple like minded people who enjoy nature, landscapes, and slowing down time. Looking forward to meeting some of you at the next rendezvous point!

KerrClan74

Rank I
Launch Member

Traveler I

Portage, MI
Member #

Just joined a couple of days ago. Been in the shadows for a couple of years. Grew up camping with boy scouts, joined the bigger boy scouts and "over landed" in the middle east for a bit. We camp with the family quite a bit as well. Recently purchased a '92 YJ and an '04 WJ that both need work mechanically but otherwise in decent shape. Looking forward to getting them off road worthy and out and about.

Faust301

Rank I
Launch Member

Traveler I

Maryland
First Name
CHRIS
Last Name
TURGEON
Member #

Hello all! I am Chris from Westminster, Maryland. I drive a ‘14 T4R on my time off otherwise is my wife's daily.

Modifiying vehicles is my passion, and although modding off road vehicles is new to me I'm learning its not too much different than modifying an asphalt bound vehicle. I work for Subaru and and pretty much eat, sleep and breath everything mechanical. I grew up in New Hampshire and was an active Scout growing up. Camping, exploration and the outdoors is second nature to me.

I’m a novice when it comes to off roading, but not to competitive driving (SCCA) I've been on forest trails in MD, WV and PA, and the occasional mountain pass in WV although I am looking forward to meeting other like minded people and expanding my exploration. Looking forward to meeting some of you at the next trail head!