Member Introductions *NEW MEMBERS INTRODUCE YOURSELF*

• HTML tutorial

Phil4real

Rank I

Contributor III

Henderson, NV
Member #

Greetings from Henderson, Nevada!
New to Overlanding and definitely a novice. We are currently in the process of upgrading our rig with an Old Man Emu suspension and some other mods to make it trail ready. It seems that folks in the Overland community are really down to earth and just good people. That's really what brought us to Overland Bound. Looking forward to meeting new people and hopefully making some friends along the way!

Phil4real

Rank I

Contributor III

Henderson, NV
Member #

We had a 2004 deisel Silverado. Regret selling it! When we get our rig up & running, let’s get together & hit a trail. Were not familiar with any trails out here, if you know of any easier trails (we’re newbies) let us know & we’ll check them out.

maj21093

Rank I
Launch Member

Traveler I

US
First Name
Mike
Last Name
Jacobson
Member #

Hello!

Mike in Southcentral PA
Current ride: 1997 4Runner (just bought 3/23/18)
I've owned (& built) many vehicles, but this is my latest project.

Trying to get my Wife to move out of the Campground and into open air... tough sell so far.

Will post more later. I have many questions!

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

Andrew Potter

Rank I
Launch Member

Traveler I

Clinton Ut.
Member #

Hi,
I am from northern Utah. I basically grew up overlanding before I knew what overlanding was. Though I haven’t gotten out there for awhile. Unfortunately I don’t currently have a rig, but am in the market. I look forward to being able to get out there and explore, learn new things and meet new people!

Sent from my iPhone using OB Talk

Pirate75

Rank V
Launch Member

Builder I

Statesville, North Carolina
First Name
Steven
Last Name
Grimes
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KN4RWT
New and checking this out!
I am Steven from Statesville,NC. I am on my 3rd Tacoma,had my last one just one year and upgraded from the 2017 TRD Sport to the 2017 Off-Road. New to this to be honest. Lots of beach driving experience and introduced to Uwharrie last fall and decided my Sport was good but lacked a little. Just trying to find different hobbies and have always enjoyed the outdoors..

Attachments

TheDrakes

Rank II
Launch Member

Enthusiast I

Sacramento
Member #

Hello!

Mike in Southcentral PA
Current ride: 1997 4Runner (just bought 3/23/18)
I've owned (& built) many vehicles, but this is my latest project.

Trying to get my Wife to move out of the Campground and into open air... tough sell so far.

Will post more later. I have many questions!

Fantastic Trailer! My husband and I often talk about how few women want to go camping. The issue we've seen the most is not having proper toilet facilities. We like using a pop-up tent with a Self-Reliance toilet. It all fits nicely in our Trasheroo on the back of the vehicle and can be set up in less than 5 minutes. Here's a picture of our setup. Hope this helps her to want to get out and enjoy the outdoors with you! Denise Drake #12169

Attachments

Reactions: maj21093

maj21093

Rank I
Launch Member

Traveler I

US
First Name
Mike
Last Name
Jacobson
Member #

Fantastic Trailer! My husband and I often talk about how few women want to go camping. The issue we've seen the most is not having proper toilet facilities. We like using a pop-up tent with a Self-Reliance toilet. It all fits nicely in our Trasheroo on the back of the vehicle and can be set up in less than 5 minutes. Here's a picture of our setup. Hope this helps her to want to get out and enjoy the outdoors with you! Denise Drake #12169
Nice set-up JD45ACP!

She will go camping if we are within 2 minutes walk of the Shower House, but I would think the bathroom is her #1 (& #2.. lol) concern. We also have 6 kids, and the youngest 4 are all girls, so she does make a valid point. She definitely wants a shower with enough hot water to "hose off" daily. I just want to find a good alternative, short of buying a 28ft Bunkhouse Trailer! LOL

I grew up in Western PA, so I'm used to being out in the sticks. Some of my best memories are going to places only our bikes or a 4-wheeler could go. There's lots to show the family, even here on the East Coast.

I'll post a few more pics of our Rainy Day camp. (See the Shower House in the background... lol)

Reactions: Luis Merlo

jazzworth

Rank I
Launch Member

Traveler I

Corrales, NM
Member #

Hello! Jeff In Albuquerque, 2016 RAM 2500. I have been a cruiser head for 25 years, but making a go with the full size diesel! I am building it as we speak! Lots of overlanding (wheeling) experience in 40s, 80 and 100s, but new to a long wheel base truck.

Reactions: HappyOurOverlanding

Livin the life

Rank III
Launch Member

Influencer II

Arizona
Member #

hello I am Livin The Life aka Bixby. I am an avid camper, me and my boys camp almost every weekend, we love the outdoors and try to get out as much as possible and have been looking into overlanding for about 2 years now. I have 2 vehicles i will be overlanding with, I have a 2001 chevy 2500 4x4 and just got a 2000 4runner which i will be doing alot of modifications to, currently replaceing normal worn parts and looking forward to meeting you all as are my 2 dogs. Stryker (red nose/American pit) and 11Bravo (blue nose pit). Ride well & above all Live well.

Attachments

Carl Murray

Rank 0
Launch Member

Traveler I

Aberdeen, md
Member #

hello, I'm avid overlander, most of my experience comes from the military (living out of trucks and other vehicles in the field). I'm rocking an 2002 xterra SC (ik the pic is bad), I'm looking forward to meeting up with some folks and going on adventures. I'm new to my area (Aberdeen MD), I lived in The finger Lakes region of NY for most of my life before that.

looking forward to some fun.

Attachments

Kent R

Executive Director
Staff member
Mod Team

Pathfinder III

El Dorado, Ca
First Name
Kent
Last Name
Reynolds
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K6KNT
Service Branch
Retired Firefighter
Hello, I'm a new member here.

Where : Southern California
Vehicle : 2017 Tacoma TRD OR 4x4. It is currently stock.
Goal: I'm here to gain knowledge and develop good habits with experienced folk in the community.View attachment 52384
Welcome to OB! there are several meet-up groups on S0Cal just check the meet up page and the calendar. Great place to get started and meet fellow Overlanders.

Reactions: heaveho

Ortega Jon

Rank 0
Launch Member

Contributor I

Lake Elsinore, CA
Member #

Greetings, New Member here! I am glad to be here.

Location- Southern California- Orange County/Inland Empire
Offroad/Overland Experience- Intermediate To Advanced
Here to meet like minded Friends and share Adventures :-)

Current Rigs:

The "Yeti"- 1976 Jeep CJ7, 6 inch lift on ProComp Extreme MT2 35's, V8-304 with T-18 trans, Locked Front and Rear, 4.10 ratio, dual fuel (Gas and Propane) - Built!- Not Bought!- Full recovery Gear.
Yeti.png
(Kramer Arch near Calico, CA)

The "Beast"- 2003 Ford Excursion with 2 inch lift on Toyo Open Country AT 35's, 6.0L Diesel 4x4, Bulletproofed with Evolution CTS2 Programmer, Full Time Overland/Camping/Tow Rig- Wildland Hard Shell RTT , Dometic 65l Fridge, Solar with separate house batteries, 36 Fresh Gal water storage with Tankless Hot Water, Kitchen, Outdoor Shower and Portable Toilet, Full Recovery Gear - Built! Not Bought!
Beast.jpg
(Zions National Park, UT)

I do all my own stunts! :-)

These are older pictures, I will update soon. Cheers!!

Last edited:

Kent R

Executive Director
Staff member
Mod Team

Pathfinder III

El Dorado, Ca
First Name
Kent
Last Name
Reynolds
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K6KNT
Service Branch
Retired Firefighter
Greetings, New Member here! I am glad to be here.

Location- Southern California- Orange County/Inland Empire
Offroad/Overland Experience- Intermediate To Advanced
Here to meet like minded Friends and share Adventures :-)

Current Rigs:

The "Yeti"- 1976 Jeep CJ7, 6 inch lift on ProComp Extreme MT2 35's, V8-304 with T-18 trans, Locked Front and Rear, 4.10 ratio, dual fuel (Gas and Propane) - Built!- Not Bought!- Full recovery Gear.
View attachment 52401
(Kramer Arch near Calico, CA)

The "Beast"- 2003 Ford Excursion with 2 inch lift on Toyo Open Country AT 35's, 6.0L Diesel 4x4, Bulletproofed with Evolution CTS2 Programmer, Full Time Overland/Camping/Tow Rig- Wildland Hard Shell RTT , Dometic 65l Fridge, Solar with separate house batteries, 36 Fresh Gal water storage with Tankless Hot Water, Kitchen, Outdoor Shower and Portable Toilet, Full Recovery Gear - Built! Not Bought!
View attachment 52402
(Zions National Park, UT)

I do all my own stunts! :-)

These are older pictures, I will update soon. Cheers!!
Welcome to OB from the Sierra Foothills Overlanders OB meet-up! there are several meet-up groups on S0Cal/Inland Empire just check the meet up page and the calendar. Great place to meet fellow Overlanders.

Attachments wouldn't work for me.

Reactions: Ortega Jon