Jim
Last Name
Hopkins
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
WRFL231
Service Branch
LEO
Jim from Sagle, ID. I drive a 1982 Jeep Scrambler that I'm constantly working on and upgrading (It's a Jeep!!!). I have a Helder Welding trailer from the mid 70's/80's that also is being upgraded. I lived in SoCal for several years and did some off roading and pit crewing for a class 8 truck. Enjoy camping, ATV'ing, fishing and being outdoors.

BudLizard

Rank 0

Traveler I

Hey all,

Mike from Baltimore, MD here. Driving a Highlander but will be getting something that's more suited to overlanding soonish(late 2018). Aiming for either 4Runner or F-150. I have lots of camping, hiking experience. Not much overlanding experience but my wife and I love road trips so we are excited to get started on this!

Cheers,
Mike

Terex

Rank IV

Enthusiast III

Taos, NM
Checking in from Taos, NM here. We have access to some wonderful places for overlanding, have visited a number of places and plan to visit lots more. My wife's daily driver is a Jeep Grand Cherokee Overland Diesel with BFG KO2 light truck tires. I'll be selling my JK Rubicon now that my new Chevy ZR2 crew cab diesel has been outfitted for overlanding. We have a VMI Offroad trailer that either vehicle can pull. Having started with a tent and a Coleman stove from K-Mart thrown into a second-hand station wagon decades ago we're really enjoying the upgrades.B6IrVme9RP2RJfga%aZDkw.jpg

HappyOurOverlanding

Rank VI
Launch Member

Member III

Verdi Nevada
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KI7RAM
Hey all,

Mike from Baltimore, MD here. Driving a Highlander but will be getting something that's more suited to overlanding soonish(late 2018). Aiming for either 4Runner or F-150. I have lots of camping, hiking experience. Not much overlanding experience but my wife and I love road trips so we are excited to get started on this!

Cheers,
Mike
Welcome to OB. Used to live in Damascus MD.... nice off roading out there... well maybe not as much now with all the growth. I vote for the 4Runner....but I am bias. Look forward to seeing what you choose.

HappyOurOverlanding

Rank VI
Launch Member

Member III

Verdi Nevada
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KI7RAM
Checking in from Taos, NM here. We have access to some wonderful places for overlanding, have visited a number of places and plan to visit lots more. My wife's daily driver is a Jeep Grand Cherokee Overland Diesel with BFG KO2 light truck tires. I'll be selling my JK Rubicon now that my new Chevy ZR2 crew cab diesel has been outfitted for overlanding. We have a VMI Offroad trailer that either vehicle can pull. Having started with a tent and a Coleman stove from K-Mart thrown into a second-hand station wagon decades ago we're really enjoying the upgrades.View attachment 51151
Welcome... you are definitely ready for exploring and then some. :sunglasses:

Reactions: Terex

HappyOurOverlanding

Rank VI
Launch Member

Member III

Verdi Nevada
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KI7RAM
1) View attachment 51174
2) Brentwood, CA
3) 2018 Toyota Tundra 1794 mostly stock.
4) I'm a Novice at Overlanding. I grew up around farms and ranches and going off-roading so I have experience on the trail but I'm learning what it means to be self reliant.
Welcome... and Nice shot. I like how you captured the other four rigs on the beach.

snorr

Rank I
Launch Member

Traveler I

Cape Town, South Africa
Member #

Hi! My name is Simon.

Info below.

Rig: Toyota Fortuner 4.0 V6, 2006 model.
Experience: Novice. Grew up in a small town where we use to camp and explore on a weekly bases. Now my fiance and I try and escape the city as often as possible.

IMG_4531.JPG

We have two trips coming up. One for the weekend to Klein Tafel Berg (http://www.kleintafelberg4x4.co.za/) and another over Easter Weekend for 5 days to the Tankwa Karoo and the Klein Karoo area. It's about 800-1000km.
Screen Shot 2018-03-17 at 23.39.32.png

Advocate III

Ogden, Utah
First Name
Justin
Last Name
Rose
Member #

Names Justin,
My wife Kaylee and I are excited to be part of OB, we are in Ogden Utah.
My background with overlanding started with off roading with my dad just to get to our hunting spots and sometimes just to get to our family cabin in the spring. Dad has always had lifted and capable truck. By high school I was building trucks for Moab, wheeled Moab and the Uinta mountains. I've had Jeeps, Subaru's, and I still have my grandpa's K5. Right now I'm starting to build my 98 Chevy Tahoe and thinking about turning a trailer I built to go behind a Forester I had into an adventure trailer. 20170529_194208.jpg

mrcarterflyhigh

Rank I
Launch Member

Traveler I

Fort Knox, KY, USA
First Name
Matt
Last Name
Carter
Member #

Matt Carter
Rig: 2006 Hummer SUT
Experience: definitely a novice but I’m truly looking forward to this lifestyle! Something I’ve always wanted to and looking forward to meeting great people along the way!

Attachments

HappyOurOverlanding

Rank VI
Launch Member

Member III

Verdi Nevada
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KI7RAM
Matt Carter
Rig: 2006 Hummer SUT
Experience: definitely a novice but I’m truly looking forward to this lifestyle! Something I’ve always wanted to and looking forward to meeting great people along the way!
Welcome.... your rig sure doesn't say you're a novice. :sunglasses:

Last edited:
Reactions: mrcarterflyhigh

HappyOurOverlanding

Rank VI
Launch Member

Member III

Verdi Nevada
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KI7RAM
Names Justin,
My wife Kaylee and I are excited to be part of OB, we are in Ogden Utah.
My background with overlanding started with off roading with my dad just to get to our hunting spots and sometimes just to get to our family cabin in the spring. Dad has always had lifted and capable truck. By high school I was building trucks for Moab, wheeled Moab and the Uinta mountains. I've had Jeeps, Subaru's, and I still have my grandpa's K5. Right now I'm starting to build my 98 Chevy Tahoe and thinking about turning a trailer I built to go behind a Forester I had into an adventure trailer. View attachment 51223
Welcome to you and your wife. Look forward to seeing your builds in the Rig build threads.

Reactions: BuiltForWandering
Hello everyone! New here. Officially owned my TRD Pro for 1 week!
Just did some mild trail riding at Gulches for it's 1 week anniversary with me. Haha. Can't wait to take it out again!
I didn't break anything so all is well so far! I love it's capabilities with only a 1 inch lift!
Feel free to Let me know where I can go around South Carolina for some very minimal overlanding until I can buy some more vehicle protection.

Attachments

Traveler I

Hi Everyone,

I'm Adam and currently live in the Raleigh, NC area. Just relocated from California. It's been pretty much been a dream of mine as long as I can remember to have an XJ. They run in the family but the timing for me was just never right......

But that time has passef and I am finally able to make it happen. And fingers crossed I have one lined up and should have keys in hand by weeks end. Very eager to get to work. Grateful to have found this forum, as I have already discovered valuable info.

Hi Everyone,

I'm Adam and currently live in the Raleigh, NC area. Just relocated from California. It's been pretty much been a dream of mine as long as I can remember to have an XJ. They run in the family but the timing for me was just never right......

But that time has passef and I am finally able to make it happen. And fingers crossed I have one lined up and should have keys in hand by weeks end. Very eager to get to work. Grateful to have found this forum, as I have already discovered valuable info.
I'm new to the Carolinas Too. Just moved from Cleveland, Ohio. I think for my first real trip will be up to Outer Banks North Carolina. Do some overlanding up there. Just gotta unpack all my old camping gear and see what I'm missing. Then UPGRADE!!! Haha
Hope you get your XJ!

Reactions: HappyOurOverlanding

HEYElliott

Rank VI
Launch Member

Influencer II

Markham, Ontario, Canada
Member #

Long time lurker, new member. Just getting back into off-road adventuring from my time a few decades ago in High School. Have a 2008 Tundra called Stormi due to her Black and White theme and short for Storm Trooper. Doubt that is original, but it is to me. Good tires, good engine and good fun in my near future.
Welcome Snagglet

HEYElliott

Rank VI
Launch Member

Influencer II

Markham, Ontario, Canada
Member #

Hello all,
I’m Nate, originally from PA (NatefromPA). I now live in the Seattle WA area. I am new to off-roading & Overlanding but I love adventure. I spend most of my free time in the mountains with my dog Piper. We enjoy exploring forest roads and anything else outdoors. I just got a new JKU (Big Chief). I’m in the process of upgrading. Bumpers/winch are done, next, lift & tires. I’m not really into hardcore off-road but don’t mind a few scratches here & there. I work an odd schedule that is constantly changing and figured many of you all do too. Looking forward to meeting other adventurers.

Sent from my iPhone using OB Talk
Welcome nate, is the Big Chief version the nice blue colour or is it a trim package? Either way you cant go wrong with the jeeps