Member Introductions *NEW MEMBERS INTRODUCE YOURSELF*

• HTML tutorial

dawnpatrol

Rank I
Launch Member

Traveler I

SEPA
Member #

Hello from Southeast Pennsylvania (SEPA). I’m new to overlanding, but a somewhat experienced camper. I have a 2014 Tacoma TRD Off Road which I’m just starting to kit up.

Even before joining OB these forums have been helpful and inspiring. Looking forward to making my own contributions now as a full member. I lived in CA for a long time and recently relocated to the east and I’m eager to do some exploring on this coast.

Preston Gladd

Rank III
Launch Member

Enthusiast II

Honolulu, Hawaii, United States
First Name
Preston
Last Name
Gladd
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KC5LAF
Service Branch
Army
1) Picture: I will add a picture later
2) Location: Western North Carolina (Asheville)
3) Vehicle: 2017 Ram 2500 MegaCab Diesel
4) About me: I am a 20 year veteran of the United States Military with an extensive background in overlanding/camping/kayaking etc.

Glad to be part of the community, I look forward to meeting others within this community and sharing adventures! If you ever need assistance and are in the Western NC area, do not hesitate to contact me via these forums or on my Instagram page, @prestongladd

Last edited:

TxMetalShaper

Rank I
Launch Member

Traveler I

Tomball Texas
Member #

IMG_8041.JPG IMG_8042.jpg

Howdy from Tx. My wife Tonya and our fur babies are not new to overlanding... We have been getting lost on back roads and mountain trails for many years, never knew it was called overlanding til a year or so ago (thanks youtube), we are excited to join the OB community,
it is always great to connect with like minded people. We reside in Tomball Texas which is just north of Houston. A concrete jungle. But we travel quite extensively, our favorite is the PNW. Our rig is a 2013 Rubicon, with some Garvin racks and the typical accessories that make life a little easier in the backcountry. We plan on going to the Overland Expo West this spring, hope to meet up with many of you there!

Dangit00

Rank I
Launch Member

Traveler I

Slidell, LA, USA
First Name
Heather
Last Name
Fl oberg
Member #

Hi I'm Heather,

Currently in Descanso, CA
RIG: 2004 JEEP TJ Rubicon
Experience: moderate, I have always done solo rides so I am good at knowing my vehicle and my limits. I only do what I know I can get myself out of.

Been hitting the back roads and jeep trails on 2011 F650GS BMW motorcycle doing overnight camping since I bought it new. In last few years start doing day trail rides in my JEEP.

David James

Rank II

Member I

Humble, Tx
First Name
David
Last Name
James
Member #

Hi all!
I am an aviation nut who likes the outdoors but haven't had the means to do much exploring.
Location: I am originally from the Seattle, now living North East of Houston.
Rig: 2015 Toyota Tacoma SR5 - non 4WD.

Experience: Noob

I am interested in doing some exploring, and light off road. Texas seems pretty flat and desolate. I need some ideas for some interesting places to go!

Steven Dale Buckeridge

Rank I
Launch Member

Traveler I

Maricopa, AZ, USA
First Name
Steven
Last Name
Buckeridge
Member #

Good afternoon everyone. So I know I postted on here weeks ago that I've got a tear drop trailer I'm building and I was gonna buy a land cruiser well I ended up buying a 2007 fj cruiser and am enjoying how well it does offroad. So this is my overlap ding rig I will be getting set up to go out in. Hope to see some of you soon.

Attachments

TxMetalShaper

Rank I
Launch Member

Traveler I

Tomball Texas
Member #

Hi all!
I am an aviation nut who likes the outdoors but haven't had the means to do much exploring.
Location: I am originally from the Seattle, now living North East of Houston.
Rig: 2015 Toyota Tacoma SR5 - non 4WD.

Experience: Noob

I am interested in doing some exploring, and light off road. Texas seems pretty flat and desolate. I need some ideas for some interesting places to go!
Hello, I am from Houston as well, not much exploring around here, unless you like to explore the concrete jungles, Texas is big but deficient in public lands. Big Bend is the best place to off road and explore in the Lone Star State.

Reactions: Aussie571

John Blancuzzi

Rank I
Launch Member

Traveler I

Ponca City, OK
Member #

Current Vehicle: 2016 Land Rover LR4, 2016 Jeep Rubicon JKU, 1991 Jeep YJ
Previous Vehicle: 2007 Jeep Rubicon JK, 1994 Jeep YJ
Overland Experience: Novice
Why Overlanding?: Why not? Overlanding is the perfect combination of love for the outdoors, primitive living, survival, peacefulness, technology, and offroading. I cannot think of a more perfect way to live life.

ktor

Rank I

Contributor III

New member here. I am lucky enough to live and work in the Yellowstone interior. Still using snowmobiles to get around, but the plows will be here in a month...My rig is a 95 Trooper that brought us on a 5 week trip from Montana to Cabo and back last Fall in my first overlanding trip. I just picked up an expedition trailer and Baroud hard shell rtt and look forward to a lot of fun this year...Kevin20170909_132118.jpg 00x0x_3m91JdLHQ0z_1200x900.jpg

Jeff M

Rank II
Launch Member

Enthusiast I

Greeley Colorado
First Name
JEFF
Last Name
MORTON
Member #

Hi All,
My name is Jeff.
Location, Greeley Colorado
Rig, 2008 Jeep JK Unlimited X
Experience, Novice to Overlanding, but I've been camping and off roading on dirt bikes and 4x4's for years. My brother has joined the OB Community as well. We are looking forward to meeting new people and having a good time up on the hill. Hope to see you out there. Jeep 4.JPG Jeep 5.JPG Jeep 1.JPG

Derailed

Rank I

Contributor III

Checking in from Western North Carolina.
Currently under construction a 1993 Ford Ranger ..
Experience, Heavy, seasoned.....
Retired ( disabled )....
Pretty much grew up doing this stuff ,never knew they was a term for it" Overlanding"
Cool to meet some other folks who like to get out and explore.

Attachments

Jeroen Hendriks

Rank III
Launch Member

Traveler III

Midwolda, Groningen, Netherlands
First Name
Jeroen
Last Name
Hendriks
Member #

Hello to all of you, greeting you from the Netherlands, province: Groningen
My rig: 1984 landrover 110
Swapped the v8 for a 2.5 tdi with a
Zf automatic transmission
285-75-16 bf-goodrich ko2 AT's
Lift up camper rooftop

I would love to get to know overland bound members and go explore Europe!

Attachments

Bouncer

Rank IV

Advocate II

Wagoner County, Oklahoma
First Name
Buddy
Last Name
NLN
Service Branch
Resigned EMT-B
Current Vehicle: 2016 Land Rover LR4, 2016 Jeep Rubicon JKU, 1991 Jeep YJ
Previous Vehicle: 2007 Jeep Rubicon JK, 1994 Jeep YJ
Overland Experience: Novice
Why Overlanding?: Why not? Overlanding is the perfect combination of love for the outdoors, primitive living, survival, peacefulness, technology, and offroading. I cannot think of a more perfect way to live life.

awesome trailer, post some more pics of it in trailer thread or in the Oklahoma thread, I would love to see more of it!

Bouncer

Rank IV

Advocate II

Wagoner County, Oklahoma
First Name
Buddy
Last Name
NLN
Service Branch
Resigned EMT-B
New member here. I am lucky enough to live and work in the Yellowstone interior. Still using snowmobiles to get around, but the plows will be here in a month...My rig is a 95 Trooper that brought us on a 5 week trip from Montana to Cabo and back last Fall in my first overlanding trip. I just picked up an expedition trailer and Baroud hard shell rtt and look forward to a lot of fun this year...KevinView attachment 50807 View attachment 50808
Welcome aboard! put some details on that trailer over in the trailer thread, its a unique build.

Reactions: ktor

CruiserBauers

Rank V
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

Escondido CA 92027
Member #

Howdy all,
CruiserBauers here. Came here through a video I found on YouTube.
[/IMG]

Above is a picture of our Bruiser - Toyota 1996 80 series.
We're located in the San Diego, CA area.

We have two rigs
1. 1996 80 Series
2. 1983 40 Series - Currently Restoring.

We are novice off-roaders who transitioned from ATVs and Motorcycles to four wheel over-landing.
Always great to talk to fellow off-roaders.
Cheer
FB