Member Introductions *NEW MEMBERS INTRODUCE YOURSELF*

• HTML tutorial

Miles A

Rank II
Launch Member

Contributor III

Member #

Hey Everyone,
my name is Miles, I'm from the Inland Empire here in Southern California. Rosena Ranch to be specific.
My girlfriend and I are very new to Overlanding and Exploring. But It it all started when we need to find new areas to go and do some recreational shooting, and indoor ranges were not our style at all. Driving out to the middle of nowhere with all your gear packed up became very cumbersome in a prius, and with all the gear and equipment we were packing (plus all the rifles) it was getting very tiring to make these shooting trips. We said to ourselves, "it would be nice to be able to camp out here and spend the night too". we've learned to love the outdoors so much more on these trips as well, so backpacking, hiking, camping came hand in hand in our trips. But we were still doing it in a Prius or a loaned car from her brother-in-law. So we bought a 91' Landcruiser and are now enjoying the adventures.

Trick

Rank I
Launch Member

Traveler I

Saint Louis, MO
Member #

upload_2018-3-10_0-54-34.png
Hello Folks. New to Overlanding, but always having fun with the Jeep ('12 JKU from MO). I am in the process of purchasing my off-road teardrop trailer, so until that time, I am still tent bound. I hope to learn a bit from this forum, so I can better enjoy my travels. I have ridden\camped around much of the country by bicycle with trailer, but never by Jeep. So, this should be fun - and much easier.

Crayoneater

Rank III
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

Sams Valley, Or
First Name
Justin
Last Name
Tynan
Member #

Hello,
My name is Justin, I am in the process of relocating to Aberdeen WA from White City OR. I have been wanting to find away to get my family out doors more and feel that overlanding would be the dest way to do so. My experience in offroading has been limited to a hand full of desert trips and some rock crawling trips lots of RC rock/scale crawling. My current vehicle is a 2001 Toyota 4runner, no real modifications as of yet just making sure it is squared away mechanically before getting into lift kits and other stuff. Picture is the sunset at Ocean shores, WAIMG_20171102_174645_994.jpg

Sent from my SM-J727P using OB Talk mobile app

HERMTT

Rank I
Launch Member

Contributor I

Pacific NW
Member #

Hello everyone, nice to "meet" lots of like-minded people. Following on the theory of go big or go home... we bought HERMTT the HEMTT last summer after researching and viewing trucks all over the world. We're currently global nomads so don't get as much time in the truck as we would like but will spend the summer traveling the Western US and doing some projects on the truck prior to taking it down to Central America.

Our main truck is a 1983 Oshkosh HEMTT that was converted into a Heavy Expedition truck. We ultimately plan to live in the truck full time so we needed something that was big enough to accommodate all of our gear plus be self-sustaining for a couple weeks at a time. Despite appearances, the truck is relatively simple to work on... everything is just 2-4x size! The truck is not made for rock crawling (obviously) though it does great in the sand, really bad roads, river crossings, etc. Upcoming projects are an upfit of the electrical system (more solar panels, wiring the truck engine into the house batteries, etc.) as well as interior remodel. Instagram for those interested: https://www.instagram.com/hermtthemtt/

The truck is in the Seattle area at the moment. We are currently in Amsterdam, Netherlands after spending some time skiing in the alps. Tomorrow I head to Australia while the wife heads to London before we come back to the US in April to take the truck out.

We are moderately experienced overlanders having journeyed through North America, Europe, Morocco, and South Africa. There is always more to learn though... especially as evidenced by my burying my bakkie up to its axles on a beach in South Africa (photo evidence below).

Buried the Bakkie.jpg

Pictures of HERMTT:

Backed onto the Snake River in Idaho, a great spot!
Driver Side Snake.JPG
IMG_4708.JPG

The davit crane has more than one use:
IMG_4703.JPG

First and last time in a "traditional RV park." One of these things is not like the other...
First night campground.JPG

A bluff over the Columbia River in Southern Washington, someone's got to pay the bills!
IMG_4714.JPG

boXcar

Rank I
Launch Member

Traveler I

Utah
Member #

Hey there OB friends,
I have been a "member" for a while and met Micheal and Corrine at Overland Expo West, but am just now getting online to the forums.

Name: Jeffree
S/N: boXcar
Rig: 2007 Nissan Xterra Off Road (yes that's the trim level name)
Experience: Novice

About Me: I love to drive, I will drive anything I can. I love vehicles, I currently own 5 vehicles and 2 motorcycles and I'm a single guy of 32. Thsey say money can't buy you love, and that's okay I don't want love I want toys. :) I enjoy being outside and would rather be outside than indoors. Some activities I like to do include motorcycle riding, mostly dual sport but I just bought a cruiser, mtb riding, racquetball, hiking and adventuring, dabbling in photography but it's still just point and shoot for me. I like to tinker with stuff but don't feel confident yet to tinker to much in case things go awry when there is no one around to help.

I am building an adventure trailer to pull behind my X, and I'm hoping that anyone with a trailer can chime in with some advice.

Fun Fact: I lived in Brazil for 2 years and had to have emergency surgery to remove my gallbladder.

Fun Fact 2: I have ADHD

Vehicles I currently own:
2007 Nissan Xterra
2006 Kawasaki Vulcan Custom
2006 BMW F650GS Dakar
1984 Jeep Scrambler CJ8
1984 Mercury Lynx Diesel
1982 Dodge Challenger
1980 Ford E350 Ambulance

v12mountain

Rank II
Launch Member

Enthusiast I

Bowie, Maryland
First Name
Benjamin
Last Name
Shonubi
Member #

WOW . As my job in the army, we drive the regular versions of these. This is so awesome to see. wow lol

wow

Hello everyone, nice to "meet" lots of like-minded people. Following on the theory of go big or go home... we bought HERMTT the HEMTT last summer after researching and viewing trucks all over the world. We're currently global nomads so don't get as much time in the truck as we would like but will spend the summer traveling the Western US and doing some projects on the truck prior to taking it down to Central America.

Our main truck is a 1983 Oshkosh HEMTT that was converted into a Heavy Expedition truck. We ultimately plan to live in the truck full time so we needed something that was big enough to accommodate all of our gear plus be self-sustaining for a couple weeks at a time. Despite appearances, the truck is relatively simple to work on... everything is just 2-4x size! The truck is not made for rock crawling (obviously) though it does great in the sand, really bad roads, river crossings, etc. Upcoming projects are an upfit of the electrical system (more solar panels, wiring the truck engine into the house batteries, etc.) as well as interior remodel. Instagram for those interested: https://www.instagram.com/hermtthemtt/

The truck is in the Seattle area at the moment. We are currently in Amsterdam, Netherlands after spending some time skiing in the alps. Tomorrow I head to Australia while the wife heads to London before we come back to the US in April to take the truck out.

We are moderately experienced overlanders having journeyed through North America, Europe, Morocco, and South Africa. There is always more to learn though... especially as evidenced by my burying my bakkie up to its axles on a beach in South Africa (photo evidence below).

View attachment 50378

Pictures of HERMTT:

View attachment 50373
View attachment 50374

View attachment 50375

First and last time in a "traditional RV park." One of these things is not like the other...
View attachment 50377

A bluff over the Columbia River in Southern Washington, someone's got to pay the bills!
View attachment 50376
Her

View attachment 50378

Pictures of HERMTT:

View attachment 50373
View attachment 50374

View attachment 50375

View attachment 50377

View attachment 50376

dunnymp

Rank I
Launch Member

Traveler I

Fresno, California
First Name
Shane
Last Name
Dunnaway
Member #

Hello everyone,
Member number 10976
I'm in Fresno, Ca.
My current rig is a 2017 4Runner TRD premium. Its completely stock at the moment but I still get out and have fun with it. I'm fairly experienced and have been wheeling, camping and road tripping for years and have owned many different rigs. Currently building a 76' CJ5 I've had since I was 19. However that project is nowhere near completion. Looking forward to seeing what this group is all about and hope to see you all out on the trails.

Attachments

wordofbabb

Rank III
Launch Member

Enthusiast II

Snohomish, WA, USA
Member #

Hey everyone - New member to the forum. Been lurking for the past 3-4 months just reading all the great info people have posted here. My wife and I have been camping all our lives and enjoy the outdoors. We moved away from having offroad capable vehicles over the last few years but are getting a 2018 Toyota Tacoma delivered in May. So we will be able to get back into doing things. We are really interested in doing some Overlanding and joining a community in our area.

1) No picture yet. Will post one when we pick it up.
2) We live in Snohomish, WA
3) 2018 Toyota Tacoma TRD Off-Road
4) Overlanding Experience Background (Novice - But we have done lots of car and truck/trailer camping. I also grew up Duck Hunting and did quite a bit of camping yearly since I was little)

We are looking forward to learning how best to evolve our Tacoma into an awesome Overlanding vehicle and looking to join a community in the local area to join for some trail rides. A little intimidated about going alone, but still interested in exploring.

We plan on attending Overland Expo 2018 this year and hope some people from the area are going so we can caravan or at least meet up when we are there.

Thanks,
Dan

CHI-T4R

Rank I

Enthusiast I

CHICAGO
First Name
Michael
Last Name
Baber
Hello All,

Name - Michael
Vehicle - 2018 4runner Trail
Location- City of Chicago

I'm new to the world of trucks (4x4, Trail Riding, Overlanding, & Camping). I'm looking to grow in my world adventures and improve my knownlegde of being more self-sufficient in different environments. Hoping to meet and learn from like minded people along the way.

Reactions: Tinker and Road

Road

Not into ranks, titles or points.
Launch Member

Advocate III

On the road in North America
First Name
Road
Last Name
Dude
Member #

View attachment 50378

Pictures of HERMTT:

View attachment 50373
View attachment 50374

View attachment 50375

View attachment 50377

View attachment 50376
Hey there - welcome to the forums!

Yeah man, that is quite the rig. Hope you get back to it soon and keep us up to date on the north to south trip you have planned!

Let us know if you need anything or have any questions.

v12mountain

Rank II
Launch Member

Enthusiast I

Bowie, Maryland
First Name
Benjamin
Last Name
Shonubi
Member #

Ahoy! Hi everyone (whats up)

My name is Ben, 25, Novice overlander.

Experience: Novice

Rig: not one yet, plans for FJ (FJ Crew, Sir)

Current vehicles:
1984 300TD Turbo Diesel Wagon (S123)
1994 E320 Wagon (S124)
2008 R350 4Matic (W251)

I look forward to engaging in discussions and learning from everyone! From what I have gathered so far, this community is filled with good people, good dudes and lots of diversity and respect. I look to learn more and much. See you guys around!!

Climb to Glory,

Shonubi

Last edited:
Hi everyone,

I´m Tio Eddie

1) Picture! If you have a rig, we want to see it!

2) Location (General area is fine)
Bonito - South Mato Grosso - Brazil

3) Rig (Year, Make, Model, etc.)
97/98 Mitsubishi Pajero Gen II 3.0 V6 12V SOHC automatic

4) Overlanding Experience Background (Novice or Experienced, you're welcome here!)
Outdoor enthusiast, boy scout since 6 years old, Cave Diving instructor and so on

Last edited:

Todbasco

Rank II
Launch Member

Enthusiast I

Bentonville, AR 72712
Member #

Hello Everyone,

My name is Todd, 49, from Bentonville, AR. I'm very glad to have found OverlandBound, and am excited to become a part of the community. A couple of years ago I went on a 6 day solo backpacking trip in CO and noticed all of the jeep trails around Silverton and Ouray. It was really a life changing event for me and I wanted to share the experience with my kids (16 and 2 at the time). Figuring they'd never agree to backpacking with dear ole dad, I traded in my RAM 3500 (to wide to get where I want to go) and bought a jeep JKU to better serve my new goals. My son now 18 and I had a wonderful trip out west (Silverton/Ouray, Moab, Salt Lake, Yellowstone, Grand Tetons, Mount Rushmore, and the Badlands) about 4200 miles in 10 days with a good bit trail riding in CO and UT. Some really great off the beaten path back county camping. A trip we'll both remember the rest of our lives. I live close to national forest lands and get to regularly take my daughter (now 4) on long picnics and the occasional camping trip. It's really been a great experience so far. I hope to get to meet, run trails, and camp with some you soon. I really love the inclusiveness OB stands for!

Here's a shot of the rig.
jeep3.jpg

Happy Trails,

Todbasco
mbr# 10370

Last edited:

Primo

Rank 0

Traveler I

Hello
Name is Primo and have a 2017 JKUR. Not sure how to post pics of ride but will when I learn. Thanks to Uncle Sam have a lot of camping time just want to try it with some fun and relaxing. From Knoxville Tn