Member Introductions *NEW MEMBERS INTRODUCE YOURSELF*

• HTML tutorial

Greg & Jan

Rank I
Launch Member

Contributor I

Wyoming
Member #

Hello everyone, looking forward to meeting any and all of you. We are currently debating on taking our XJ or getting a different rig. Our future plan is to leave this November after hunting season and head for TDF! We're going to give it s 6 months and see how things go. Anybody roll an XJ all the way south before? Would be very interested in anyone who would be willing to meet up along the way. In any case here is what we are considering to modify for the trip or not. I'll say more later. Hello again!!!20140928_104952.jpg

Angel Sterling

Rank III
Launch Member

Advocate II

Alberta, Canada
Member #

Hello everyone, looking forward to meeting any and all of you. We are currently debating on taking our XJ or getting a different rig. Our future plan is to leave this November after hunting season and head for TDF! We're going to give it s 6 months and see how things go. Anybody roll an XJ all the way south before? Would be very interested in anyone who would be willing to meet up along the way. In any case here is what we are considering to modify for the trip or not. I'll say more later. Hello again!!!View attachment 44423
Welcome guys! Love your rig, looks great! Safe travels :)

Jake Wettern | iamjake

Rank V
Launch Member

Advocate II

Wisconsin Rapids, WI
Member #

Hello everyone, looking forward to meeting any and all of you. We are currently debating on taking our XJ or getting a different rig. Our future plan is to leave this November after hunting season and head for TDF! We're going to give it s 6 months and see how things go. Anybody roll an XJ all the way south before? Would be very interested in anyone who would be willing to meet up along the way. In any case here is what we are considering to modify for the trip or not. I'll say more later. Hello again!!!View attachment 44423
Hi Greg & Jan and welcome to OB! Nice looking XJ! Safe travels and enjoy those open roads!

jordan04gx

Rank V
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

Chittenango, NY
First Name
Jordan
Last Name
Moore
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KD2NFZ
Hello everyone, looking forward to meeting any and all of you. We are currently debating on taking our XJ or getting a different rig. Our future plan is to leave this November after hunting season and head for TDF! We're going to give it s 6 months and see how things go. Anybody roll an XJ all the way south before? Would be very interested in anyone who would be willing to meet up along the way. In any case here is what we are considering to modify for the trip or not. I'll say more later. Hello again!!!
Greetings! Nice Jeep. I don't understand the "TDF" reference, whatever it is...sounds exciting! lol.

Ken Jones

Rank II
Launch Member

Enthusiast I

Tarrant County, Texas, United States
First Name
Ken
Last Name
Jones
Member #

New Members,

Welcome to the Overland Bound community! Please take a few moments to introduce yourself so we can get to know you!

A few things you might want to include in your introduction are:

1) Picture! If you have a rig, we want to see it!
2) Location (General area is fine)
3) Rig (Year, Make, Model, etc.)
4) Overlanding Experience Background (Novice or Experienced, you're welcome here!)

We're glad you've found us and look forward to sharing our adventures with you!

In addition to getting to know you, here are the guideline sent to all Moderators of the forums. It's a natural reflection of our community, and what Overland Bound is all about:

From @administrator
  • Overlanding is: "Vehicle Dependent Travel". Nothing else.
  • We will not further define "overlanding".
  • "Capable" depends on the requirements of the trip, and we take that very seriously.
  • You are an Overlander: Overlanding is for everyone who has exploration and adventure in their heart, or, who need to be reinvigorated by connecting with nature. Nature is unforgiving. You must rise to a certain level of personal awareness to survive. Sound right? Overlanding is for you.
  • Encourage uncomplicated ventures into the great outdoors. Don't over pack.
  • Be prepared, and understand basic requirements. Question folks, to be sure they are aware of what is required. Don't assume.
  • Share without reservation, trip locations, and information.
  • It doesn't matter what you drive: The only requirement of an Overlander is that the vehicle serves the job required, safely.
  • We do not care about make or model.
  • We do not engage in "this is better than that" competitions.
  • We DO give advice about how to make your vehicle ready for what you need. Share knowledge.
  • Humility.
  • We respect, fear, and protect nature.
  • "I don't know" is a great answer.
  • We don’t brag about exploits.
  • We seek answers from the community when we don’t know.
  • We engage in the very smallest of interactions.
now what do i do?

abrahamfh

Rank 0

Traveler I

Union City, CA
First Name
Abraham
Last Name
Hernandez
- Good morning to all. Abraham here from Santa Clarita California
- Photo below is of Beastie(instagram @beastie_lrdisco), she is a 2001 LRD Series II with a 4.0 V8 I just acquired this past Monday.
- Overlanding experience is zero. Grew up car camping all over Northern California (Mendocino, Yosemite and so on) but since moving to LA, Malibu has been our quick weekend camping getaway destination. Would love to explore Zion, Grand Canyon, Joshua Tree slowly building up to an Alaska trip.

Any and all advice welcome. Beastie is in need of a lot of love so any LR Disco as well as gear and rigging experts PLEASE HELP. Beastie’s progress can be found on instagram @beastie_lrdisco

15C6C5F7-C9F1-4F9A-BF8E-843DAE25E62A.jpeg

Last edited:
Reactions: jordan04gx