• HTML tutorial

ScottMc

Rank I
Launch Member

Contributor I

San Diego
Member #

Hi from San Diego.

I recently purchased a 2015 Nissan Xterra Pro-4X as my daily driver but with the specific intention of using it for going out to remote places and exploring. I'm right now trying to get it up to a basic level of protection and reliability but I really can't wait to get out on the trails.

I've grown up off-road in same form, either in the dunes or motocross/off-road racing but I am basically new to being self-reliant and off-road. I have a lot to learn. I discovered "overlanding" while recovering from a major shoulder injury and thought this sounded awesome. I have been on OB for the last year but became a member just recently once I was able to get my rig. I am a gear guy so I will need to control that a bit and get out and have some fun. I hope to also bring my wife and daughter with me as well.

I hope to meet some of you soon!:sunglasses:
Scott

Reactions: Chadlyb

Chadlyb

Rank V
Launch Member

Advocate III

Bend, OR, USA
Member #

Hi from San Diego.

I recently purchased a 2015 Nissan Xterra Pro-4X as my daily driver but with the specific intention of using it for going out to remote places and exploring. I'm right now trying to get it up to a basic level of protection and reliability but I really can't wait to get out on the trails.

I've grown up off-road in same form, either in the dunes or motocross/off-road racing but I am basically new to being self-reliant and off-road. I have a lot to learn. I discovered "overlanding" while recovering from a major shoulder injury and thought this sounded awesome. I have been on OB for the last year but became a member just recently once I was able to get my rig. I am a gear guy so I will need to control that a bit and get out and have some fun. I hope to also bring my wife and daughter with me as well.

Scott
Hello Scott and welcome to the OB crew..nice rig for adventures...look forward to seeing your adventures soon

Jake Wettern | iamjake

Rank V
Launch Member

Advocate II

Wisconsin Rapids, WI
Member #

Hi from San Diego.

Scott
Hi Scott and welcome to OB! Nice rig! Safe travels and enjoy those open roadsd!

Dewcustom

Rank 0

Contributor I

Just signed up, Kinda new to overlanding, I guess I been doing it for awhile but we didn't call it overlanding. Just traded my Avalanche in on a Ram 2500 diesel, the Avy was an offroad beast but the Ram will be better for longer trips.
Sorry no good picks of the ram yet, but it is a 2018 Larimie that I am trying to fit forties on, at the moment. I will load some pics of cutting the finders out later, my wife has them on her phone, I don't stop to take pictures usually, but always wish I had.

Attachments

Reactions: Chadlyb

Jake Wettern | iamjake

Rank V
Launch Member

Advocate II

Wisconsin Rapids, WI
Member #

Just signed up, Kinda new to overlanding, I guess I been doing it for awhile but we didn't call it overlanding. Just traded my Avalanche in on a Ram 2500 diesel, the Avy was an offroad beast but the Ram will be better for longer trips.
Sorry no good picks of the ram yet, but it is a 2018 Larimie that I am trying to fit forties on, at the moment. I will load some pics of cutting the finders out later, my wife has them on her phone, I don't stop to take pictures usually, but always wish I had.
Hi Dewcustom and welcome to OB! Nice rig! Safe travels and enjoy those open roads!

DickD1911

Rank II
Launch Member

Enthusiast I

Escambia County, Florida, United States
First Name
Dick
Last Name
DiVittorio
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
W4QKP
Hey Dewcustom, I just signed up also.
My wife and I use to own a 2002 AV and traded it in after 250,000 miles. You will miss the AV but congratulations on the Ram.
I now drive a 2014 Ram 1500 R/T but our Overland Vehicle is a 2006 Jeep LJ.
Enjoy the adventure!

Dewcustom

Rank 0

Contributor I

Hey Dewcustom, I just signed up also.
My wife and I use to own a 2002 AV and traded it in after 250,000 miles. You will miss the AV but congratulations on the Ram.
I now drive a 2014 Ram 1500 R/T but our Overland Vehicle is a 2006 Jeep LJ.
Enjoy the adventure!
I had 350,000 on the Avy and it was still going strong but was fearful of making long trips with it. I do miss it already but like my new ram

Reactions: DickD1911

Chadlyb

Rank V
Launch Member

Advocate III

Bend, OR, USA
Member #

Hello and welcome to the OB crew..look forward to seeing your build and adventures