Launch Member

Enthusiast I

Fort walton beach fl.
First Name
Chip
Last Name
cook
Member #

Hi, new member here in Fort Walton Beach FL.

We have been exploring around the SW USA for a few years (Moab, Ouray, Sedona, etc) in our Jeep and are now in the process of upgrading some systems to expand our ability to stay in the outback a bit longer. I'm currently in the process of importing a hard shell roof top tent from a manufacturer in China to put on the Jeep's roof rack. If anyone needs any info on the ordeal of importing one, just drop me a message and I'll tell you what I know . I should be picking it up at the port in the next several days (hopefully). Look forward to the community.

Reactions: Liana Lehua

Northlandmatt

Rank I
Launch Member

Traveler I

Boston
First Name
Matt
Last Name
DeMore
Member #

Hi Everyone, Matt from Boston Mass here. Checking in for the first time and really looking forward to becoming a part of the community that you have brought together here.

I Have a 2015 Silverado and I'm happy to see that there are some other members with full-size trucks on here on OB!

Attachments

Reactions: Liana Lehua

Jake Wettern | iamjake

Rank V
Launch Member

Advocate II

Wisconsin Rapids, WI
Member #

We have been exploring around the SW USA for a few years (Moab, Ouray, Sedona, etc) in our Jeep and are now in the process of upgrading some systems to expand our ability to stay in the outback a bit longer. I'm currently in the process of importing a hard shell roof top tent from a manufacturer in China to put on the Jeep's roof rack. If anyone needs any info on the ordeal of importing one, just drop me a message and I'll tell you what I know . I should be picking it up at the port in the next several days (hopefully). Look forward to the community.
Hi Julian and welcome to OB! Nice rig! Safe travels and enjoy those open roads!

Traveler I

FL
Current Vehicle: 2015 Chevy Silverado 1500
Previous Vehicle: 2008 Ford F-150
Overland Experience: Novice
Why Overlanding?: I have been an overlander for a while without even knowing there was such a thing. I enjoy Kayak fishing, hunting, hiking and exploring the outdoors. I'm about to head out on a 2 week trip starting the 20th of December. Any suggestions on where I would go?

Jake Wettern | iamjake

Rank V
Launch Member

Advocate II

Wisconsin Rapids, WI
Member #

Current Vehicle: 2015 Chevy Silverado 1500
Previous Vehicle: 2008 Ford F-150
Overland Experience: Novice
Why Overlanding?: I have been an overlander for a while without even knowing there was such a thing. I enjoy Kayak fishing, hunting, hiking and exploring the outdoors. I'm about to head out on a 2 week trip starting the 20th of December. Any suggestions on where I would go?
Hi Jackson and welcome to OB! Nice rig! Safe travels and enjoy those open roads!

Liana Lehua

Rank V
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

Southern California, CA, USA
First Name
Liana
Last Name
Lehua
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
N6WH
Thanks

Thank you for your post. I'd be interested in learning more about your experience. I was looking at a Chinese company making the hard top RTT's. Once you get the tent, I'd be interested to know the quality and if it was worth it. I look forward to learning more about your adventures. Thanks again.

Liana Lehua

Rank V
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

Southern California, CA, USA
First Name
Liana
Last Name
Lehua
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
N6WH
Hi Everyone, Matt from Boston Mass here. Checking in for the first time and really looking forward to becoming a part of the community that you have brought together here.

I Have a 2015 Silverado and I'm happy to see that there are some other members with full-size trucks on here on OB!
Hi Matt. Welcome. Happy overlanding!

Chadlyb

Rank V
Launch Member

Advocate III

Bend, OR, USA
Member #

Signed up today after finding the podcast.
Based in the San Francisco Bay Area .
2006 LR3 Silver
2007 LR3 Green
Played around at Hollister Hills a couple times and a couple other offroad parks, but relatively limited offroad experience. In my “youth” my hobby was rallycross, so I like the dirt.
Transitioning from hiking/backpacking to car camping and overlanding with the family.
Hello and welcome to the OB crew..great rigs for adventures and look forward to seeing yours

Chadlyb

Rank V
Launch Member

Advocate III

Bend, OR, USA
Member #

Hello everyone! I just found this overlanding stuff and it has hit me like a ton of bricks, why have I not found this out sooner! I have big ideas and adventures in my head, now just to make it happen with my family of 6.
09 Silverado
Detroit Metro Area
I've love wheelin and did so a lot many years ago, love camping and traveling. I am a Trauma Nurse from Detroit and I am looking to get out and enjoy some adventures.
Hello and welcome to the OB crew..look forward to seeing your adventures

Reactions: WolverineExpedition

Chadlyb

Rank V
Launch Member

Advocate III

Bend, OR, USA
Member #

Greetings from Florida!! New member to the crew! My rig is a 2017 Toyota Tacoma in quicksand color will post picture soon. Love camping but just getting into Overlanding.
Hello Abner and welcome to the OB crew..glad to add another Toy to the group and look forward to seeing your build and adventures

Reactions: Abner Colon

Chadlyb

Rank V
Launch Member

Advocate III

Bend, OR, USA
Member #

Hey everyone,
I signed up not to long ago but just recently decided to get my memebership and try using this more.

I am from the Richmond, Va. Area
My overland vehicle is a 2005 Toyota 4Runner 4.7L V8. I have done some modifications and plan on doing more when the funds unitie.

I mainly joined to find a good group of people who share in the same hobby and passion that i have and want to find people to run on trails and meet up. If you are in my area give me a message and we can try to meet up and do something some time.
Hello and welcome to the OB crew..happy to add another Toy to the group and look forward to seeing your build and adventures

Chadlyb

Rank V
Launch Member

Advocate III

Bend, OR, USA
Member #

Hello everyone Im Howell

Vehicle : Toyota Tacoma Off Road
Experience : Novice

I'm glad to be part of Overland Bound, I look forward to learn more about Overlanding and be part of the community.
Hello Howell and welcome to the OB crew neighbor...always glad to add another Toy to the group and look forward to seeing your adventures..if you get to the east side just reach out