Launch Member

Contributor III

Tampa, Florida
First Name
Gene
Last Name
Ramos
Member #

Thanks.. I am originally from Southern California. I have only been in Wisconsin 2 years. I know mental health is a vastly underserved area of healthcare, especially in CA.
welcome PsychNurseWI, I too grew up in Southern California in the Alta Loma area. Then moved to the East Coast in Tampa Florida.

Upland

Rank II
Launch Member

Contributor III

Tampa, Florida
First Name
Gene
Last Name
Ramos
Member #

I Just wanted to say hello and happy to be here. I live in Denver, CO and we enjoy exploring the surrounding states in our 2011 Xterra. I’m active on TNX and lurk at EXP.

I’ ll try to contribute and appreciate the wisdom I may find here.
Dr. Robinson, welcome. I too am new to the group and looking forward to meeting people and learning about new places to travel to. Nice Xterra there fun to drive.

Chadlyb

Rank V
Launch Member

Advocate III

Bend, OR, USA
Member #

Im located in the San Jose, California area.
Rig: 2016 Toyota Tacoma double cab TRD 4x4
Experience: Novice, still new to Overlanding, but Im excited to learn.
Hello and welcome to the OB crew..great looking Toy and look forward to seeing your adventures.

Guerrero

Rank III
Launch Member

Enthusiast II

San Jose
First Name
Frank
Last Name
Guerrero
Member #

Im located in the San Jose, California area.
Rig: 2016 Toyota Tacoma double cab TRD 4x4
Experience: Novice, still new to Overlanding, but Im excited to learn.
Hey neighbor!!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Vashcloud

Rank I
Launch Member

Traveler I

Hello Overland Bound community!

My name is Richard, and I have been into Overlanding for years. But watching the Xoverland videos is what got my butt into gear, aka to stop letting time go by. I am a huge automotive enthusiast and UTI grad. BMW, Mazda, Nissan certified. I ran a shop for a few years, which I do still own but don't do anything with, called Tuner Alliance. I shifted into the overland scene from performance cars because one, its just more fun.... and two, better people.

My favorite rig is Monteros, ive had 5 of them, shells and runners combined. My current rig is a 1999 Mitsubishi Montero with winter package *lockers heated seats etc* and a 2017 Chevy ZR2 2.8 duramax diesel that I rent out to people on turo app
I am located in Seattle and mostly have interacted with the local group here called Northwest overland. I also run a small informal group called "Overlanders Pit stop:NW which is meant to complement NW overland, where as they are more expedition focus, my FB group is more goof off and help BS or hit day trips ASAP instead of planned out.

As far as overland experience I have driven the US 6 times across. I have also driven across Iraq and Afghanistan in the army. As well as Cambodia and Japan.

I have recovered huge strykers when we got stuck, but Ill be honest my practice on civilian vehicle's is limited, so I am always eager to learn more.

To be honest I'm not a big fan of forums to me, they are dated to the 90's. I prefer FB/google/other instant msg groups. Probably cause I'm addicted to on-demand instant gratification. Either way, decided to post up so I can meet more overlanders. See ya out there.

Jake Wettern | iamjake

Rank V
Launch Member

Advocate II

Wisconsin Rapids, WI
Member #

My name is Richard, and I have been into Overlanding for years. But watching the Xoverland videos is what got my butt into gear, aka to stop letting time go by. I am a huge automotive enthusiast and UTI grad. BMW, Mazda, Nissan certified. I ran a shop for a few years, which I do still own but don't do anything with, called Tuner Alliance. I shifted into the overland scene from performance cars because one, its just more fun.... and two, better people.

My favorite rig is Monteros, ive had 5 of them, shells and runners combined. My current rig is a 1999 Mitsubishi Montero with winter package *lockers heated seats etc* and a 2017 Chevy ZR2 2.8 duramax diesel that I rent out to people on turo app
I am located in Seattle and mostly have interacted with the local group here called Northwest overland. I also run a small informal group called "Overlanders Pit stop:NW which is meant to complement NW overland, where as they are more expedition focus, my FB group is more goof off and help BS or hit day trips ASAP instead of planned out.

As far as overland experience I have driven the US 6 times across. I have also driven across Iraq and Afghanistan in the army. As well as Cambodia and Japan.

I have recovered huge strykers when we got stuck, but Ill be honest my practice on civilian vehicle's is limited, so I am always eager to learn more.

To be honest I'm not a big fan of forums to me, they are dated to the 90's. I prefer FB/google/other instant msg groups. Probably cause I'm addicted to on-demand instant gratification. Either way, decided to post up so I can meet more overlanders. See ya out there.

Hi Richard and welcome to OB! Nice looking rigs! You'll find these forums active - not like the others! Safe travels and enjoy those open roads!

Chadlyb

Rank V
Launch Member

Advocate III

Bend, OR, USA
Member #

Hello Richard and welcome to the OB crew..great looking rigs and look forward to seeing your adventures...reach out if you ever head to the east side of the state neighbor

Last edited:

4eye4valve

Rank II
Launch Member

Enthusiast I

Pontotoc, MS, USA
First Name
Rick
Last Name
Spurr
Member #

Hello!
New member 9040 here.
Im Rick, and my overland crew includes my Wife Marsha, our boy Josh, and Wesson, our dog.
Ive been offroading most of my life, but only got into overlanding in the last four or so. We had a 2014 rubicon that was outfitted pretty nicely, but got rid of it to take another foray into my lifelong racing addiction. But the draw to the outdoors and discovering new places is just too much.
The race car is on its way out to soon be replaced by a Ram Power Wagon.
We look forward to spending as much time as we can learning and exploring. And to meeting more like minded people.
Thanks for having us!!

Chadlyb

Rank V
Launch Member

Advocate III

Bend, OR, USA
Member #

Hello!
New member 9040 here.
Im Rick, and my overland crew includes my Wife Marsha, our boy Josh, and Wesson, our dog.
Ive been offroading most of my life, but only got into overlanding in the last four or so. We had a 2014 rubicon that was outfitted pretty nicely, but got rid of it to take another foray into my lifelong racing addiction. But the draw to the outdoors and discovering new places is just too much.
The race car is on its way out to soon be replaced by a Ram Power Wagon.
We look forward to spending as much time as we can learning and exploring. And to meeting more like minded people.
Thanks for having us!!
Hello and welcome to the OB crew..looking forward to seeing your adventures

TacoVenturer87

Rank IV
Launch Member

Traveler III

Kenora, Ontario, Canada
First Name
Matt
Last Name
Gren
Member #

Hi everyone

I may have started ass backwards on other threads without even introducing myself haha better late than never.

Hi I joined two days ago and upgraded my membership last night.. at work as I noticed this site/group has a lot of potential.
I drive a 2010 Toyota Tacoma trd sport v6, so far I got Bilstein 5100 adjustable shocks ready, I will be installing an old man emu HD leafs with a 2" lift and lifting the front by 2"(diff drop included) as well, as I want to keep the kant.
I'm used to camping and the minimalist approach and I feel really drawn to the idea of overlanding. I'm here to find great people, great friends and learn.

Cheers all

Reactions: Chadlyb

Hayden Bennett

Rank I
Launch Member

Traveler I

Bristol, Rhode Island
Member #

G'Day all,

Hayden from RI in NE.
Experience is minimal when it comes to overland but keen to get out there.
My rig is in the infancy of mods but moving quickly.
2017 Toyota Tacoma double cab long bed TRD Sport.

Right now it only has Cap, Bedslide (work vehicle too), and some Rigid Lights.
Having a custom aluminum rack made in NC that will hold roof top tent (still deciding on brand. so many to choose from) , lights, along with some of my other hobbies. Planning on doing a cross country trip after the new year so hoping to time it for a rally out west.

If any other New Englanders are interested in Meeting up and Talking trucks and mods then PM me. Im based in RI.

P.S. Just got my Emblems in the mail and once it stops raining then I'll install and post pics!
IMG_7294.JPG IMG_8242.JPG

Reactions: Chadlyb