• HTML tutorial

HEYElliott

Rank VI
Launch Member

Influencer II

Markham, Ontario, Canada
Member #

View attachment 38871 View attachment 38872 Poquoson, VA
2017 Jeep Rubicon Recon w/ a Patriot X1 camper (on order). We are new to Overlanding and toking for some great trips, tips and meets.

We are in the process of lifting the rig, adding larger tires, lights, etc...the main thing is we have fun! Say hey if you are in the area
Welcome to Overland Bound, Patriots are killer trailers, you will have a tonne of fun with that

HEYElliott

Rank VI
Launch Member

Influencer II

Markham, Ontario, Canada
Member #

1) View attachment 38855 View attachment 38856 View attachment 38857 View attachment 38858 View attachment 38859
2) Boring old north east Indiana
3) 2004 Toyota 4Runner Limited V8 4WD
4) New to off-road overlanding. Experience in off-roading, RVing, backpacking. Cannot get enough.

First real off road vehicle. Had a half ton PU that I did some off-roading in but was to big for most trails. Put almost 13k miles on my 4Runner since I got it in the spring.

Lots of things I want to do to it but this is a budget build. Gone through and did a lot of preventative maint when I first got it as it had 204k miles and I expect it to last till at least 300k.

So far it has gotten a suspension refresh and K02’s, I built some drawers and did a rear diff breather relocation. I hope to find some better suspension and a mild lift and spend more time off road and outdoors.

Here is a cool rig I found on my travels...not sure what it is: View attachment 38860
Welcome to Overland Bound! I did not know they made a Rav4 with a v8 but that would be a beast with the 4x4 and a short wheel base.

HEYElliott

Rank VI
Launch Member

Influencer II

Markham, Ontario, Canada
Member #

Hello everyone! My name is Josh. An I got a 1994 Jeep Cherokee 2 door. Named Hector. About 6 in lift and some after market goodies. Have been offroading before I had a driver's license. But as I get older and my kids are starting to get bigger I want them to enjoy the outdoors as much as I have. So as a family we are starting our journey into overlanding. Have a close group of friends that go as well. YouTube channel destination adventure overland. We are from the Greensburg PA area if anyone is around please feel free to look us up! We are looking forward to meeting new people and seeing new places! Thanks
Welcome to Overland Bound Josh! Safe travels

HEYElliott

Rank VI
Launch Member

Influencer II

Markham, Ontario, Canada
Member #

Hey all!

My name is Graham, and I currently live in the Houston area. When I was a teenager, I had a 2003 Jeep TJ that I conquered many trails and mud pits with, after college I decided I was a sports car guy and got a Z4.. then a G35.. then an M3. I recently realized that I really don't use a sports car to its full potential (didn't want to track my out of warranty daily driver), and I remembered how much fun I used to have with my Jeep. I started looking into Jeeps and watching youtube videos and finally came across a video of a Jeep vs. a Chevy Colorado ZR2 and instantly fell in love with it, within a few weeks I had one of my own :) a 2018 Colorado ZR2, Black, V6. It is very capable straight from the factory with a 2 inch lift, some decent all-terrain tires, front and rear lockers, and multimatic DSSV shocks which give it a great ride on and off road. I have already upgraded the headlights and installed a Retrax tonneau cover, future upgrades will be some Baja Designs lights/lightbar, and a more heavy duty front bumper and winch.

I am here to meet new people in the central and east texas area. I live in Houston, but I visit Austin regularly to see my mom and some friends. I'd like to find some trails that are close enough for day trips. I am also interested in social events (rigs and coffee meetup, etc.).

Hope to meet some of you soon!

-Graham

View attachment 38863 View attachment 38864 View attachment 38866
Welcome to Overland Bound! Great looking truck; I have to older generation and I would love to upgrade to the ZR2

HEYElliott

Rank VI
Launch Member

Influencer II

Markham, Ontario, Canada
Member #

Hey guys, we're Matthew and Kelly, and joined hoping for more excuses to spend time outside after just finishing a week long overland trip through Michigan's Upper Peninsula. Our rig is a 2001 XJ I (Matthew) originally was setting up as a prerunner, and now feels like the world's fastest camper! We're Michigan natives who are currently working in Chicago and playing in Michigan as much as possible. While I grew up offroading, this is my first passenger vehicle I've chosen to destroy, and am rather inexperienced in ORV trails, but very familiar with ATV, mountain biking, and dirt bikes so I might be more ready than the vehicle!
Welcome to Overland Bound Matthew and Kelly

Lost&Found

Rank 0

Traveler I

Current Vehicle: 2014 Ram 1500 Crew Cab Short Bed
Overland Experience: Novice - Have done a lot of Jeeping, Rubicon’s Trail, Moab, etc
Why Overlanding?: Jeeping/Rock Crawling was just too nerve racking and I found myself enjoying more of the fire roads and want to just explore trails and less rock hopping. Not sure if my rig is ideal for Overland but I need to fit my 4 boys and wife. Planning on getting a small trailer and car top tent on the trailer. Looking to get involved and meet great people.
The outdoors calls me and I need to go!

Chadlyb

Rank V
Launch Member

Advocate III

Bend, OR, USA
Member #

Overland Experience: Novice - Have done a lot of Jeeping, Rubicon’s Trail, Moab, etc
Why Overlanding?: Jeeping/Rock Crawling was just too nerve racking and I found myself enjoying more of the fire roads and want to just explore trails and less rock hopping. Not sure if my rig is ideal for Overland but I need to fit my 4 boys and wife. Planning on getting a small trailer and car top tent on the trailer. Looking to get involved and meet great people.
Hello and welcome to the OB crew...look forward to seeing your adventures

Rolasolar

Rank V
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

Forest Lake, Queensland, Australia
First Name
Dave
Last Name
Gurman
Member #

Hi all,
We're based out of SLC UT and just got into a SR5 Tundra as our starting point for overland adventures in Utah and the Four Corners. We have a lot of day tripping and backcountry driving experience, looking to learn from others about strategically building a rig for all conditions.
View attachment 39950

Sent from my SM-G950F using OB Talk mobile app

HoneyBadgerXJ

Rank V
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

Irvine, CA, USA
First Name
Joey
Last Name
Treadwell
Member #

Cpt. Hook
Current Vehicle: 1997 Toyota Land Cruiser
Previous Vehicle: 1997 Jeep TJ
Overland Experience: Novice
Why Overlanding?: Like to get out and discover, wander the wilderness
Welcome to the community Captain!

Chadlyb

Rank V
Launch Member

Advocate III

Bend, OR, USA
Member #

Cpt. Hook
Current Vehicle: 1997 Toyota Land Cruiser
Previous Vehicle: 1997 Jeep TJ
Overland Experience: Novice
Why Overlanding?: Like to get out and discover, wander the wilderness
Hello and welcome to the OB crew...happy to add another Toy to the group...look forward to seeing your adventures

Dich Rixon

Rank I
Launch Member

Contributor II

Salem, MA
Member #

Hello all!

Rich Dixon here. I hail from the witch city (Salem Ma).

I have a had a few XJ’s and an S10 zr2 in the past. I have a done some local 4 wheeling as a younger man and had some extreme recoveries necessary to get home. I even had to sleep in the passenger seat of an 89 regular cab Toyota pickup. Believe me I’m not bragging.

I have a young family (6 yr old son, 2 year old daughter, a 10 year old Pug, and a wife)

In my quest to find family activities I have decided to turn my wife’s Yukon xl, into a mild family friendly overland rig. It’s got a bfg all terrains and a roof basket. Other than that she is bone stock and will remain near stock until I come to the conclusion that my family likes it or not. No sense in making my wife’s daily less road worthy if it’s going to be just me out there. Bottom line: I’m going overlanding with or without them, hopefully with.

I don’t have any great pictures of her truck as of yet but we all know what a stock suburban looks like.

Thanks for reading and I look forward to getting out on the trail with you!

Rich

Attachments

Chadlyb

Rank V
Launch Member

Advocate III

Bend, OR, USA
Member #

Hello all!

I have a had a few XJ’s and an S10 zr2 in the past. I have a done some local 4 wheeling as a younger man and had some extreme recoveries necessary to get home. I even had to sleep in the passenger seat of an 89 regular cab Toyota pickup. Believe me I’m not bragging.

I have a young family (6 yr old son, 2 year old daughter, a 10 year old Pug, and a wife)

In my quest to find family activities I have decided to turn my wife’s Yukon xl, into a mild family friendly overland rig. It’s got a bfg all terrains and a roof basket. Other than that she is bone stock and will remain near stock until I come to the conclusion that my family likes it or not. No sense in making my wife’s daily less road worthy if it’s going to be just me out there. Bottom line: I’m going overlanding with or without them, hopefully with.

I don’t have any great pictures of her truck as of yet but we all know what a stock suburban looks like.

Rich
Hello Rich and welcome to the OB crew...good looking rig and look forward to seeing your adventures

Reactions: Dich Rixon

Jake Wettern | iamjake

Rank V
Launch Member

Advocate II

Wisconsin Rapids, WI
Member #

Hello Lost&Found and welcome to OB! Nice rig! Safe travels and enjoy those open roads!

Jake Wettern | iamjake

Rank V
Launch Member

Advocate II

Wisconsin Rapids, WI
Member #

Hello all!

Rich
Hi Rich and welcome to OB! Nice looking Yukon! Safe travels and enjoy those open roads!

Upland

Rank II
Launch Member

Contributor III

Tampa, Florida
First Name
Gene
Last Name
Ramos
Member #

Hi Everyone,

I am from Washington, Pa (about 40 mins south of Pittsburgh). I have a 2015 Jeep Grand Cherokee lifted 3" on 33" tires. My wife and I enjoy road trips, camping, hiking, and offroading. I look forward to learning from you and hopefully meeting up at future events.
Welcome to the Group, I too am new. since I joined today I already have family members wanting to go on our next road trip.

Reactions: TalonTheToyota